Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hello everyone! (:

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Hello everyone! (:

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mintmoonshine on Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:57 pm

Hello everyone!

I thought I'd throw up an introduction considering I'm never used to these websites when it comes to role playing. I'm no stranger to role playing considering I've done it for the last three years...almost four I suppose! I've lost count. Plus, I've already seen so many interesting threads going on but with the whole PM thing not working for me until I get these 10 posts out the way? Well - I thought I'd try and get them spammed!

Anyway, I'm called Steph but I'm clearly going by mintmoonshine on here and I'm currently a student studying the worst subjects (math, chemistry, biology and english) - but hopefully they'll benefit in the future! I do adore to RP and I'll do many things ranging from horror to fantasy. I do enjoy anime or game based ones but I've seriously been craving some KHR and Fantasy based ones.

I enjoy brain storming over role plays and trying to put as much effort in. True enough, I'll do one liners if that's what is required but I don't mind writing a few paragraphs too.

Depends I suppose :)

Either way, I'm looking forward to getting involved once I gather the courage to join a thread. Alongside gaining the courage to actually do something more than an introduction. Give me time :) I'll try to pull my weight around here.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

mintmoonshine
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Hello everyone! (:

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:51 am

Hi there Steph! (May I call you that?)

Welcome to RolePlayGateway! I'm glad you found our community and decided to join because you sound like just the sort of person we love around here. I come with greetings on behalf our handy team of Mentors. You can recognize us by our navy blue names, or by the word Mentor below our avatars in the forums. We're here to help you with whatever you may need during your stay on RPG, be it writing advice, reviewing your work, helping you find your way around the site, or whatever else you need assistance with. Don't be shy; we're always ready and willing to help! We tend to hang around in the Role Play Academy, so if you're looking for help that should be your first stop.

If you haven't already, also check out our Rules and Regulations; we're a fairly easy-going community here, but since we cater to a very diverse crowd, there need to be a few rules to maintain order.

So, as far as my university experience goes, here's what I have to say about school:
Math: Won't ever benefit unless you become some kind of mathematician.
Chemistry: Won't ever benefit unless you become a doctor.
Biology: Won't ever benefit unless you become a doctor.
English: ..... One could potentially make an argument for this one.

Well, it's great to have you here, and I hope you enjoy your stay with us.

P.S. I love your avatar.

O heart, lament not, for this world is only metaphorical.
O soul, grieve not, for this abode is only transient.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mintmoonshine on Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:55 am

Thanks for such a warm welcome! Yes, calling me Steph is fine - I hardly mind :)
I do appreciate all the help you're giving, I'm still at a bit of a loss but fingers crossed I'll get the hang of it soon enough! Practise makes perfect, right? :D

When relating to school though, those subjects are a pain! It's just a shame they're my requirements for University. That's if I succeed of course! Though, with my lazy nature it'd be a miracle at times.

Still, thanks again for the warm welcome and thanks for the avatar comment. Honestly, some of the art on Deviantart is indeed beautiful.

mintmoonshine
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:37 pm

At a bit of a loss? We can't have that, now. What is it you're having difficulty with?

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mintmoonshine on Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:40 pm

Just getting involved but I'll get there eventually :D

mintmoonshine
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Symphony on Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:57 pm

Might I extend a warm welcome! Aloha, and welcome to Roleplay Gateway! I see 'Fiend has already given you some great links, so I won't bother with spamming you with them. xD However, if your looking to get involved in the community, I suggest dropping by our Forum Games board, its really great and tons of fun! Or, if you want to meet more people, I assure you that the Chat is a great place as well, and all of us over there are pretty welcoming!

School sucks, I might add. No one likes it, and if they do, they must be fools! Oh, and agreeing with 'Fiend on the subject of your avatar, it really is nice. :D I hope your time here is a great one and the community supplies you with what you need to continue growing and learning in the ways of a roleplayer. Its a great hobby, if I do say so myself! On such a note, if you find that you are a little confused about anything on the site, do ask! Pretty sure we have all the answers you could need. :D

- Symphony

Symphony
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mintmoonshine on Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:19 am

Yet more advice I thank you for! :D
The warm welcome here is absolutely brilliant so thank you again. I'll make sure to get involved indeed :) I'm looking forward to it! <3

mintmoonshine
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!