Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hello from Deepest Darkest Yorkshire ...

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Hello from Deepest Darkest Yorkshire ...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DMStue on Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:27 am

Hello Folks!

I have recently registered to the site and wanted to say hi.

I am a keen roleplayer and even more keen DM (when my wife and 2 daughters allow me the time!) and I find that being a part of a lively online community gives me a source of RPG that keeps my habit ticking over when I can't get around a table with friends.

I have been playing and DM'ing since I was 16. As I am now 39, I guess that makes 23 years in the saddle....no hang on that can't be right!? ... oh man! ...

Still, both my daughters love a game of D&D and even my 7 year old has the ability to surprise me. In a recent game, having defeated a young minotaur who lay vanquished at their feet, my older daughter decided she felt sorry for the beast.

She prepared to pour a healing potion down it's neck but as she did, my usually placid 7 year old daughter, playing a warrior said "I don't want to have to fight this thing again!" and dived upon it, quickly putting it beyond help. As my other daughter and I looked at her with surprise she shrugged and said in her squeeky little voice "What? I'm a warrior, the minotaur is a visious beast and I might need that healing potion later ... besides ... I never liked bulls anyway!"

I'm looking forward to chatting with you all, and having recently bought the 4th Edition, I'll be looking to try out the game online if anyone has any suggestions.

Cheers

DMStue

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DMStue
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: Hello from Deepest Darkest Yorkshire ...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KyojoKen on Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:38 am

Yo ho ho and welcome to the Gateway, DMStue, or should I call you Mister DMStue?

I am the insanely friendly, maniacally helpful KyojoKen, you can call me "son" for short XD(Call me Kyo)

It is nice to meet a veteran. I hope you have read the Rules and Regulations, because they are, somewhat, useful. Drop by the chat room and I'll be sure to happily help you through any problems you might possibly face. Oh yeah, problems =D. PM me if you need anything. As for now, I bid you adieu.

P.S: Stay away from Tetrino. He's never been the same since the 10th of September. Poor lad never knew what hit 'em.

~KyojoKen/Minister of Insanity

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KyojoKen
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby muketsu_bara on Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:36 am

Welcome, welcome, welcome!!!

I am the neighborhood Rafter Queen. They call me Rose. You can normally find me somewhere floating on the threads or up in the rafters of the IRC... I'm a wee bit strange, but everyone tends to like me.

If you need further help than what KyojoKen has suggested, please don't hesitate to send pms to practically everyone... well maybe not everyone... I guess only the mods or me. I can be pretty helpful in situations.

Anywho,

Welcome to the gateway and may it be home to all your roleplaying needs.

~Rose~
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us." - Marianne Williamson
ImageImageImage

muketsu_bara
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rab on Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:46 am

DMStue wrote:Hello Folks!

I have recently registered to the site and wanted to say hi.

I am a keen roleplayer and even more keen DM (when my wife and 2 daughters allow me the time!) and I find that being a part of a lively online community gives me a source of RPG that keeps my habit ticking over when I can't get around a table with friends.

I have been playing and DM'ing since I was 16. As I am now 39, I guess that makes 23 years in the saddle....no hang on that can't be right!? ... oh man! ...

Still, both my daughters love a game of D&D and even my 7 year old has the ability to surprise me. In a recent game, having defeated a young minotaur who lay vanquished at their feet, my older daughter decided she felt sorry for the beast.

She prepared to pour a healing potion down it's neck but as she did, my usually placid 7 year old daughter, playing a warrior said "I don't want to have to fight this thing again!" and dived upon it, quickly putting it beyond help. As my other daughter and I looked at her with surprise she shrugged and said in her squeeky little voice "What? I'm a warrior, the minotaur is a visious beast and I might need that healing potion later ... besides ... I never liked bulls anyway!"

I'm looking forward to chatting with you all, and having recently bought the 4th Edition, I'll be looking to try out the game online if anyone has any suggestions.

Cheers

DMStue

A Legend of old? 23 years in the bag? Awesomeness, ;D Maybe you could help me with Final Fantasy II, Lolz.

Nice to meet ya.
I just stole a second or more from that sad thing you call your "social life".

Current RP fourms I'm on: http://www.ugchat.com http://stdemetriusacademy.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Current Role Play: Twilight Academy

Join my new idea for a RP Bleach Universe RP: Yes or No? (Plus Sign ups) Sign up now!

Rab
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!