Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hello new playmates!!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Hello new playmates!!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KeyriaLovi13 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:44 pm

Hello RPG!! I'm not new at pbp roleplay, but new to RPG. I am not experienced with many prefabricated systems used; my main issue on Rpol. I enjoy most anything, however, and I'm a rather fast learner. So I hope to play with some of you, and learn bit as well.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KeyriaLovi13
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Hello new playmates!!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:52 pm

From RPG to you.

HELLO!!

And welcome.

If you have any questions, do ask. The staff (denoted in colored usernames) and I (also a staff member as you can see) are here to help.

So fire away...I meant that literally. Every time you ask a question you have to go *pew pew*, ask any question you want, about RPG, about the tab system, about the Rules, about me (oh really? you shouldn't have,) and etc.

So, on behalf of everyone here at RPG, RolePlayGateway, we're extending this warm welcome because we're glad to have you.
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KeyriaLovi13 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:59 pm

Thank you most kindly. I can see that I have found a place where my quirky side can finally play. *Shoos quirky side to the play ground*

So, my first question would be, where would be a nice place to jump in? *pew pew*

KeyriaLovi13
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:14 am

Ahahaha, that first bit gave me QUITE a chuckle.

Well, one of the, and I mean THE, defining features of RPG, is the Multiverse. The Multiverse is a giant sandbox RP that is in persistent mode. It is a world, or rather Multiverse, that never sleeps. It contains many plots, genres, and settings that are woven yet independent of each other. A majority of roleplayers tend to enter the Gateway (see what I did there? *pew pew*) At times the Multiverse can be quite hectic, but running a plot won't be too hard once you figure the ins and outs of it.

Another buzzy, not busy but buzzy, venue would be the Chat. The main chat, perhaps the only one so far, is the Multiverse (abbreviated MV) chat. Because so many users use the MV, the chat is a place most often frequented, where RPers gather to discuss RP plots, character development, or even last year's eggnog. The chat is OOC (out-of-character) for almost all things, whether it be RPs, or your personal issues. Of course, the chat can be a heated place sometimes, and you'll just have to watch your step. That's why the chat is a buzzy place, a hive of activity. The MV chat is present in almost all RPs because the website began with that kind of layout. Over time though, RPG's owner, Eric Martindale (username: Remaeus) will add in updates to the website full of toys. In the near future, he's hoping to add a sub-chat room system for all RP tab pages.

Personally, I've never really used the chat that much, mainly because I had an unorthodox method of establishing myself here on this website. So you might not see me much on there, actually...rephrase that, you might not see me at all. Of course, my contact info is listed in my account profile, so you can still reach me.

The community forums, are well, community forums. They consist of a Games page (pretty fun and clever stuff it is,) the Creative Realm for art, writing, poetry, and music. We also have a discussion and debate forum, a sphere for intellectuals to gather and talk about issues or ideas that may be controversial or...trivial.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KeyriaLovi13 on Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:33 am

Well, right now I am rather limited to the things I can do. I'm working from my ps3 without even the nicety of a keyboard. I still stay active, however. I couldn't bear the thought of not letting the voices out to play (Yes, I have more than three).

KeyriaLovi13
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:36 am

I see, I see. Well, perhaps when you get in more comfortable apparatuses, you'll enjoy the access.

Do you have any more questions? *pew pew*

Well, if you do, go ahead and ask them.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to answer anymore for tonight, because I'm heading off to my repose. So g'nite, hopefully, you'll come to enjoy RPG as much as I have.

G'nite, and good luck. We're all counting on you. :D

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KeyriaLovi13 on Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:01 am

Thank you and I believe that will be all for the questions right now. I suppose I'll browse a bit and see what juicy morsels I can find.

KeyriaLovi13
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!