Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hello!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Hello!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fivehours on Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:40 pm

Hey guys!

Well, the main reason I've joined RoleplayGateway, like many of you, is because I enjoy Roleplaying- and any sort of creative writing, really. Although I'm new to RoleplayGateway, I've been an active roleplayer for years now. Roleplaying has allowed me to develop my writing abilities and improve my creativity and I hope it will continue to do so. I enjoy Roleplays of all genres; I will generally roleplay anything that seems interesting.

My other interests, passions, and hobbies include playing video games, reading, movie watching, and learning about history and cultures.

I hope to get to know you guys, just shoot me a message! Please feel free to give me some tips on how to navigate through and utilize RolePlayGateway.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

fivehours
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Hello!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:35 am

Hey there, fivehours! Nice to meet you. I'm Sato, a longtime member around these parts. If you have any questions or concerns about anything, please don't hesitate to ask.

First of all, here's a super general guide on how to navigate the website. The forums are a good place to dive into if you're looking for some good discussions or areas to display original writing, artwork, that sort of thing. If you want to dive right into the roleplaying, you can click the Roleplay tab and browse from there.

For the forums, we have a Community section with a Forum Games subforum, and a Creative Realm. If you stop over there, you'll find a neat place for users to share their non-RP work with each other, and get some feedback if they want it.

Another place that is fairly populated with users are the Roleplayers Wanted and the Interest Check forums. That is where roleplay advertisements happen. Be aware that Roleplayers Wanted is the forum for existing RPs to seek players. There are roles already set, and GMs need them filled. The Interest Checks forum is where users gather to try and get a game off the ground, check to see if a particular storyline would generate some sparks, that sort of thing.

Feel free to stop into any one of our chat services and get some help real-time! You can also meet a lot of our friendly users and maybe get the scoop on what cool RPs are being made.

What kind of video games do you play? What books do you like, what movies do you like to watch? What's the last cool thing you've seen/read/or done that's made you be like "aw man, I gotta tell someone about that!"?

:) Nice to meet you, like I said.

-VV

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!