Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hello there! Partner search ideas and more.

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Hello there! Partner search ideas and more.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlightlyIrregular on Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:35 pm

So, I've decided to open myself up to searching for a roleplay partner once more. I used to be a very active roleplayer here and have found myself being restricted to only the Multiverse lately. I've kept away from the forum/tab group RP's because normally I don't find what I am looking for, so decided to set up here once more and see if I can find a partner that will quench my thirst for RP. :D

I tend to be a big sucker for developing characters. I don't mind swearing, blood, gore, violence and all that as long as it's relevant to the storyline and well within the site's rules. I love plotting and stories, and while I'm a sucker for romance, I'd like a story where the characters aren't just in love and things actually have to develop. And on the topic of romance, I don't like the stories to be about the romance. I'm more for the stories about rebuilding the relationships that were once lost though betrayal or something.

:D

Hopefully I still have your interest. I'm not going to go and make a list of roles I like. I actually have a scene I'd like to try that I've done a few times before on this site and others, that haven't worked out for one reason or another (mainly because of RL for either me or my partner) but I have the urge to try and make it work again. Or maybe I'm up for something different. All I know is that I'm looking to create a story with my partner.

I'm big on modern settings rather than fantasy - just because I don't read much fantasy and feel more like I'm drowning in this setting. And I'm not big on playing teen characters. I like playing adults, male or female in there 20's or 30's. I've grown out of my 'only play vulnerable teen girl' stage. I love playing multiple characters, NPC's, extras, everything. Two scenes I'd like to point out, that I'd like to try are:

A hitman and target's daughter. I tried this once and had an amazing partner but again, real life got in the way. Of course, they fall for each other. She's a goodie two shoes type of character, her father and mother both rich and ignorant, her father involved in the criminal underworld much more than he should be. Dishonest and full of greed, he ends up getting his family on the hit list. All to be eliminated. But rewinding slightly, the hitman is a dark character, they somehow meet and he gets caught up in her innocence rather than her beauty. Her heart and naivety are what strikes him as refreshing that he knows that it's not good for him. At that point her family aren't even on the radar. By the time they are, it could be too late.

I want this plot to be focused on the contrast of their lives than the developing romance. And I'd like to play the daughter. Again, the characters will at least be in their twenties. We can discuss this more via PM or IM though if you're interested in plot and story.

The other idea I want to retry is more light-hearted and could be, for some, a little more boring. Boy and girl had a highschool romance before she just took off and left. He had no idea where she went or why. The whole family just up and went without a word. It wasn't until five years later that fate has them meet again and he meets her four year old son. It doesn't click in his mind that that was the product of one of their nights and the reason they left without a word.

That's the typical scene, and I'd actually like to play the guy for that one. I'm thinking that this story can be heavily based on maybe trying to solve problems and rekindle things. Or at least solve the issues each character has. I know that I plan to have the guy struggling with the fact that his mother is sick and dying and having anger issues (not beating women -.-) that will need to be overcome, as well as the issue that come up - the fact that he never knew he had a son - maybe she doesn't tell him straight away because of fears, etc etc, again this can be developed more.

And if you are still reading, great. If you're not interested in those two ideas, and have ideas of your own that fit into a realistic setting, let me know :D Maybe we can work something out if we get a plot we both want to work with :D Oh, and on a last note, another thing that interests me in a modern setting, is people with powers, like x-men maybe. I'm not up for playing characters in the world of x-men, or x-men characters, but I am up for playing in a modern setting where maybe out characters were tested on and escaped with powers or something. Again, got a plot or something, come at me :D

Look forward to hearing back from anyone.

SI :D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SlightlyIrregular
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Hello there! Partner search ideas and more.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nujuer on Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:56 pm

Hello there! I have to say I'm really interested in the second idea you have there. I too am looking to roleplay in a more modern setting as well as create a story that is character driven.
I'm a pretty active roleplayer and I usually reply multiple times a day, I'm eager to try this idea out with you. If interested let me know!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nujuer
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby midnightephemera on Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:24 pm

Hiya! I'm also interested in the second idea/plot you have, but I would be up for just about any modern story you have, or something we put together. I'm new to the site, but not to role-playing! Please let me know if you'd be interested.

midnightephemera
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:00 am

SI, I love the first idea. Love, love, love it.

That aside, my response times vary from every other day to only once a week, and on rare occasions less than. If that doesn't turn you away then feel free to send me a message.

- Mod

Modesty
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!