Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hey buddy, pal, friend of mine, get over here

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Hey buddy, pal, friend of mine, get over here

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AccidentalAcrophobia on Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:47 pm

Ahaha, 504 gateway error deleted my intro post.

Hi. My name is Ciel (You could also call me Phobia if you’re hip). I’ve been around the roleplaying scene for quite a while, but I have never really branched out that much. I’m gonna try to rectify that. My hobby is actually writing, so I guess I’m pretty darn good at it (at least I like to think so).

Since I’m kinda shy and super tired, I think I’ll take Nigel’s advice. Here’s some FAQ for yah!

1) What's your username? Why'd you pick that username?

AccidentalAcrophobia. It’s a name of a thread I once played in. It stuck to me like glue.

2) How'd you find this place? Google? Why'd you look it up on Google or whatever?

Um, I kinda just searched Roleplay on google and this was the first entry I got. Pretty lucky huh?

3) How long have you roleplayed on forums or chat? On what sites? Did you start with tabletop games or such?

Since 2008 I believe. I’ve only stuck to one forum in particular though. I’ve dabbled in LJrps, though those were never anything serious. Never had any experience with tabletop, hoping I can change that!

4) In coming to RPG, what've you been looking for specifically? A new home for roleplay? Better roleplay?

Just a way to reach out and start playing. I’ve always liked roleplaying but I never really spread out on my own. Again, I'm hoping to change that!

5) What kinds of roleplay are you interested in? Fantasy? Sci-fi? Go in-depth about it if you want.

I’m pretty chill about this kinda stuff. I’m up for anything. As long as the idea sinks in, and I find myself being able to play off of the others, then I’m cool.

6) What're your hobbies? Do you collect rocks or mount insects?

Writing is actually my hobby. Second place goes to video games. Yes. I have a very active life. Lord forbid I don't mount insects they scare the crap out of meXD

7) What's something you're good at besides writing? Maybe you're on the volleyball team or you're a quick learner? Maybe you play the flute or can fold up chairs amazingly fast? xD

Surprisingly I am also a pretty okay coder. Not great but I’ve got a knack for it. I’m also a quick learner, although I can also be incredibly slow at times too.

It’s funny, I also know how to fold chairs really quick. O_O

8) Do you have any friends here at RPG that invited you here? Would you want to make more friends while you're here?

Not really! I’m going into this place head first, all alone. Pretty scary I’m sure.

And lastly...

9) Do we get cookies for looking through your thread and saying hello?

I have fifty thousand cups of ramen noodles. Does that count?

So uhh hi! Nice to be here!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AccidentalAcrophobia
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: Hey buddy, pal, friend of mine, get over here

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:03 pm

Well hey there! xD Welcome to RolePlayGateway, Ciel. M'name's Sato, and congratulations! You've stumbled across one of the foremost hubs for text-based roleplaying on the web.

Let me be the first to say we're glad you're here to join us! We've a host of versatile, eager, and talented writers so don't be afraid to jump right in, haha. So, shyness? Toss it out the window. We're all mad, here, and if you don't get tackle-glomped within your first visit to our RPG Chat, then it must be a down day for the lot of us.

Dunno what else to say besides welcome, welcome, welcome! Dare I say you sound like you're in college with those cups of ramen.

So! As a Designer at this lovely website, I am contractually obligated to usher you on over to our Creative Realm, which is a place to post your original work of poetry, writing, art, music, what-have-you. I'm in the middle of attempting valiantly to revitalize the place, as is the Designer way, so feel free to stop on by and kick some stuff around!

Lastly, and most dully, I have to ask you to look over the RPG Rules. Boring, right? But there's only five of them, and they're fairly simple. I don't foresee you being any sort of troublemaker, but hey! It's good for you to know what sort of standards we hold ourselves to in this community.

Besides that, your first plan of attack out to be to get your first ten forum posts out of the way. Click that link to learn a bit more on why, and to get an index of threads and forums where you can knock that outta the park!

Seriously. I'm done rambling now.

WELCOME!

:D

-VV

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AccidentalAcrophobia on Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:51 pm

Haha, College. Could you tell from all the ramen? XD

Thank you though! I will definitely take your advice and bounce around here for awhile. You guys seem like a very talented bunch! The chat appears to be down right now, but I'll definitely slip on once it's back up!

AccidentalAcrophobia
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:56 pm

It's back up! Come say hey! I'll be the bright orange name yammering it up.

Also, the Simple Dog is always a nice thing to see in a forum avatar. xD

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!