Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hey, I'm Giving Away Free Mangoes! (A Partner Search)

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Hey, I'm Giving Away Free Mangoes! (A Partner Search)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nannyhap on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:51 am

And by mangoes, I mean demons. Or something along those lines.

So, I've got a roleplay running at the moment, and it looks like it'll be a really good one--but I'm not sure it's going to flip my "I am satisfied with my RP life" switch. I swore to myself I'd only pick up one or two roleplays for the first couple of months I was here, but...gosh darn it, I am a grown woman and I want to do something trite and a little cliché and maybe a wee bit awful but also awesome. And I don't want to subject a whole group of people to something like that.

At least not yet.

So I have something of an idea that I'd like to take to the PMs, preferably with a partner who also likes to roleplay things that would probably be considered cliché and terrible, at least when taking to a first glance at the concept. It'd be nice to establish something of a long-term partnership too, but I'm not asking for commitment on the first RP or anything like that! Can't drive a car off the lot without kicking the tires.

The Idea
Okay, here's the part where I need you to keep an open mind. I told you the idea was trite and horrible.

I really want to do a demon/fallen angel RP. MxM if you're up for that sort of thing, as female characters generally wig me out and turn me into a strange, hateful beast of terror (nothing personal to women; I am one myself, and a fairly active feminist, they're just hard to write and harder to read about). I haven't got much more going for the idea just yet, except that the angel and the demon would have likely known each other before the angel Fell. I'd also like to go with the "all pantheons are correct/all gods exist/demons are people too" perspective, and possibly not require that fallen angels and demons are fundamentally the same. I've had my head in the Brimstone lately, so I'd prefer to play the demon character, but I'm up for negotiations.

That's what I have so far, because I didn't want to develop it too far. It's always hard to get into an idea if you don't have any wiggle room. Feel free to suggest things--I'd like this idea to take on a life of its own, even if I choose to use it multiple times. I like romance, I like grumpy characters, I like horrible tragedies, and I like comedies of error. I don't think I've got a very long list of things I DON'T like, actually, and if you're worried your idea is dumb...well, I already told you, I want to do something trite and cliché. :)

What I'd Like In A Partner
Quite simply, communication and good writing. I'm not going to require a certain word count or anything like that, as long as you can convey your ideas in a solid, interesting, occasionally amusing way. Being capable of responding with lengthy posts is nice, but so is knowing when the interaction can only go so far. Asking questions when you don't understand what's going on, letting me know if you're going to have to drop the roleplay, want to timeskip, or are interested in introducing a new element are all must-haves in an RP partner.

Talking to me about ideas and getting excited is a plus, as I tend to overreact to new RPs and go on a rampage inventing things and making world connections and basically forgetting to eat or sleep until I've thoroughly burned myself out on living. Which is really okay, because generally I muddle through it anyway.

I'm not feeling very stringent as to who I'll roleplay with, but that said, I'd still like to see a small writing sample or a character sheet before we launched into anything. It doesn't have to be your best work--as a matter of fact, I'd prefer if it was closer to your 'average.' Not that I think it will be a problem here, but I used to get myself into a great deal of roleplays with players who then didn't live up to expectations, and unfortunately, I started to lose interest. I wouldn't want to waste anyone's time, mine or yours, getting excited over an RP that went nowhere.

Feel free to post here or shoot me a PM! :'D Thanks!
Nan
Ask me about metaphysical calamity pudding!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nannyhap
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Hey, I'm Giving Away Free Mangoes! (A Partner Search)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fadded on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:07 pm

Hi! I would be interested in role-playing with you. The idea you had, it is a good one, but I am doing an rp with a demon and fallen angel that is m-m right now so I don't want to do another rp that is so similar because then I'd start to pull ideas from the one I am already in and that is not fair for either of us or my other partner.

If you are interested we can do another cliche-ish idea. ^^ I'll provide a sample and such in a bit. Class will be starting for me soon so I don't have time to go really in depth about anything right now. Just wondering if you were interested. ^^

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fadded
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nannyhap on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:20 pm

Well, I'm still really looking for someone to run the aforementioned idea with me, but if you want to shoot me a PM about other possible ideas, I would definitely be open to the possibility!

Nannyhap
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:24 pm

The more I read, the more eager I am. This is right up my alley. And, I have the the perfect character for your demon. This used-to-be seraph I'm sure you'll love. He's not very nice, in all the right ways. If you're up for dark and dirty, gruesome and gritty, send me a PM. Nathaniel is just dying to come out and play. =)

Modesty
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!