Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hey there...I'm new here. And need some information.

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Hey there...I'm new here. And need some information.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thadine on Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:22 pm

Hey there! I joined this site after a friend recommended it to me. Looks pretty good already, not over-complicated or anything. Anyways, I have already roamed through a few of the boards, actual roleplays and just the forums, but I was wondering...um, how do I make a character?

My friend told me earlier today that you store them on your profile. I go to my profile, and I see the little "Characters" tab. But I'm not sure how to get characters...in there. Haha.

I go to join a topic, and it says I need a character before I can join. There's a skeleton, or 'form' as I call it, on the first page. But then there's also something else there, and I'm not sure which to fill out, and where to post what. Can I re-use characters?

Basically, can anyone just tell me the basic process of joining a roleplay? It would be greatly appreciated. =P
"But it was only a fantasy,
The wall was too high as you can see.
No matter how he tried he could not break free,
And the worms ate into his brain."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Thadine
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Hey there...I'm new here. And need some information.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyr on Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:39 pm

*Explodes into the room surprisingly quietly, an eruption of violently licking blue flames spouting forth, seeming to look at your eyebrows hungrily.*

Hello, there Thadine, and welcome to The Gateway. My name is Tsuki, and I am your resident avatar of blue fiery eyebrow-singeing explosions and forumbabies.

I see you're having difficulties figuring out the system here; it's quite understandable, as a lot of people are. I'm assuming you already know how to find roleplays, seeing as you stated you were unable to post on a topic, but in case you don't, open this in another window. This is good; that is basically half of the battle. When on the Roleplay's page, you should see a selection of tabs. Click this one...
...and it will take you to the character creation page. Fill out the subsequent form, and push the submit button [it's on the far bottom left-hand corner], et voila! Your character has been submitted. Keep in mind that you can't change a character's name once you've submitted it.

For most RPs, you'll have to wait until your character has been accepted by the GM before you can begin RPing. You'll receive a PM immediately after submitting a character saying that your character has been added to the RP. This means that it has been successfully sent in, and if it needs to, is awaiting review by the GM. After wards, you'll be able to post in said RP.

Be sure that, before you begin, you read the Rules of RPG. If you need any more help, please refer to the Newbie's Guide to RPG. Alternatively, you can ask me or any of the other Staff Members; basically anyone with a green, orange, navy blue, or red username.

I hope what I posted helps! If you're in need of any more [help, that is], don't hesitate to ask!

See you around~

*Explodes*
Hello, friends...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zephyr
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thadine on Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:55 pm

Ha ha, thank you very much. So can we keep the character information somewhere, or do I have to re-write it every time? Oh and whenever I talk to people am I ...supposed to go all...action inside of the little star-things? xD

Thadine
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyr on Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:17 pm

*Poofs*

The character information will be stored on the character's page, which can be found on your profile's Character Tab. If you want to reuse a character, there should be a little drop-down list on future Character Submission pages that allows you to post your existing characters. Alternatively, you could simply copy and paste the information on the character's page onto the existing form, and edit where needed.

And no, you don't need to put your actions inside of asterisks... It's something that a few of us on the forums do because we are excessively dorky. Feel free to do so if you want to. In RPs, however, people generally enter speech in quotations, and leave actions unencompassed.

Hope that helps as well~

*Poofs*

Zephyr
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CortexiphanGirl on Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:02 am

Tsuki is such a wealth of information!

Welcome to the site Thadine! It's great to have you and I hope you enjoy it here :)

Also, Tsuki... Your color coding is playing mind games in your first post :D ILY

Squirrels and Gerbils,
Lilaiy

CortexiphanGirl
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyr on Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:07 am

*Poofs*

What ever are you talking about, Lil?

*Poofs*

Zephyr
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!