Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hey there!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Hey there!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pasteashen on Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:52 am

I've done a few of these introductions on various sites, but the suggested "first words" looked fun so...

1) What's your username? Why'd you pick that username?
Pasteashen. It's from a random username generator because I'm terrible at creating usernames.

2) How'd you find this place? Google? Why'd you look it up on Google or whatever?
It was Google. I simply Googled "Roleplay Forum" and this came up. Nothing really exciting there.

3) How long have you roleplayed on forums or chat? On what sites? Did you start with tabletop games or such?
I first started roleplaying around 2008. Might have been sooner, but 2008 stands out to me for some reason. I started on Gaiaonline. I never really intended to get into roleplaying, but I tried it out and liked it. Since leaving Gaia in... 2010(?), I haven't really had a place to roleplay. Outside of the internet, the closest thing to roleplaying I've done is video games and writing.

4) In coming to RPG, what've you been looking for specifically? A new home for roleplay? Better roleplay?
I'm just looking for a place to roleplay. Haven't had a place since 2010.

5) What kinds of roleplay are you interested in? Fantasy? Sci-fi? Go in-depth about it if you want.
I'm open to a lot of things, as long as the basis of the story isn't romance or vampires. Sci-fi is probably my favorite though, specifically plots that revolve around the end of the world.

6) What're your hobbies? Do you collect rocks or mount insects?
I wish I collected rocks, but I haven't come across any interesting rocks in a long time. I'm a big time video game fan and I love to draw. I've recently got into sculpting as well. Pretty much anything creative and I'm there.

7) What's something you're good at besides writing? Maybe you're on the volleyball team or you're a quick learner? Maybe you play the flute or can fold up chairs amazingly fast? xD
I'm guessing a lot of talented people have joined the site? As for me, I guess I'm good at eating. Is that a skill? I can eat a ton of chocolate in a short period of time. I can also roll my tongue and bend my fingers at weird angles. Very useless skills, but I have them.

8) Do you have any friends here at RPG that invited you here? Would you want to make more friends while you're here?
Nope, I'm brand spankin' new and have no connections here. Who doesn't want to make friends?

And lastly...

9) Do we get cookies for looking through your thread and saying hello?
I prefer cookie dough, so that will have to suffice.

I guess that's all. I applaud you if you made it through that wall of text. Well, more of a fence of text. I don't think this qualifies as a well yet. I could ramble on for a while, but I think I'll stop here.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Pasteashen
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: Hey there!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:52 am

Okay, my turn.

1) Um, I have no idea, I was aiming for badass. Shortened, it's VP, which is like Vice President, Valuable Player, etc.

2) Yep, same here. Google.

3)Um, I've started since...2011, but activity didn't begin until 2012.

4) I transitioned from roleplaying on a video game to this. Pretty much looking for an environment that was friendly and inspiring.

5) Fantasy, Science Fiction, Steam Punk, Historical Fiction, anything that has a cool setting that I can explore, because I'm just that, an explorer.

6) Sculpting huh? That's pretty awesome, Michelangelo with the flow (B.o.B song lyric)

7) You're talented if you believe you are. Eating can be a skill.

8) Cool, cool, that was the case with me as well.

9) Good enough for me, hand over that dough!

Well, anyway, on behalf of everyone here at RPG, RolePlayGateway, Pasteashen, we're glad to have you here.
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Re: Hey there!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pasteashen on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:49 pm

Thank you for the welcome!

Pasteashen
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!