Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hidden Monsters

a topic in Vampire Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Hidden Monsters

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxRedefiningPanic on Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:56 am

Updates
11.25.10 Thread created.

OOC:
[Haha, I don't think I need an OOC in this thread, but it'll be here. :D]

Announcements
There are none yet. Carry on. <3.

Activity log
People active in roleplay: ɐʇɹos ʎqlǝɥs!, xxRedefiningPanic

It was a loud environment. The cafeteria put the noisy hallways of Madden High to shame. In the center of the noise were the popular students, the cheerleaders, the jocks. The girls tossed their hair, and the guys all talked about the games. Everyone else was lost to their world. All except the semi-popular kids, seated around the perimeter; the kids that everyone liked and talked to. Amongst their highest ranks was Eliot. He was seated sideways in his chair, smiling at his friends, talking about a recent injury to his knee, and how swimming practice went. Yes, he was a jock, but the swim team was far below the social ladder. He talked and joked and sometimes even smiled a glorious grin in light of his friends' laughter. All it took was a single question.

"Dude, don't we have that big history project for Wheeler's class? You have her next, right?"
Eliot's face dropped immediately, his brows furrowing deep, "Damnit, yeah. Did she say we can work with kids from other classes? I don't know anybody in my class.."
The burly boy seated next to Eliot shook his head, his curly locks swishing with his face, "Naw man, it's assigned partners."
"Balls."
"Yeah. But I was thinkin'. If you and I choose the same thing, we could collaborate an-"
"Fuck you, man. Get your own 'A'."
"I have my own A, wanna 'C'?" The curly haired boy stood up, careening over to swing his butt into Eliot's face.

And it was back. The laughter surrounded the table, and Eliot was smiling again. Eventually the fun had to end, and the lunch period was over. Eliot grabbed his backpack and headed out the double doors, emerging into the hallway traffic. It only took a minute or two to navigate the crowds and find room 217. Mrs. Wheeler's history class. Eliot took his seat and opened his backpack to retrieve a notebook. By the time he was settled, the class bell had rung and the students were in their seats.

The thin waif of a teacher scrolled through her laptop, marking late comers tardy through the online attendance program the school mandated. After she took attendance, the younger woman set her computer down on her desk and smiled at her class.
"I'm sure all of you had a nice talk with students from period four." The class gave varied answers, collectively proving her theory, "Great. Then you all know that you must work in predetermined pairs, via this classroom." Again, the class gave similar answers, showing distaste for which the rules their work was under. She smiled lightly and waved her hand, "Oh, don't complain, this is a good thing! Left to your own devices, I've seen some horrible history fair projects."

The class seemed to find fault in her logic, but allowed her to explain the parameters of the project as she passed out sheets of paper with due dates and resource information. Eliot shifted his in seat, and studied the room. He liked watching the students as they read, watching their faces and expressions. He tuned out his teacher until she began to call names.

"Brittany M. with Mikeal."
"LaShawn and Colleen."
"Sarah and Joe F."
"Marshall- no not you, the other Marshall. Yes."

Eliot sighed and waited for his name to be called.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

xxRedefiningPanic
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Hidden Monsters

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ɐʇɹos ʎqlǝɥs! on Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:33 pm

Lunch time a Madden High was worse then feeding time at the zoo. People shoved past each other in attempts to get to the "good food",or at least the food that wouldn't bite back, before it was gone. The others who dared not attempt the horrors of school lunch were crowded around their usual tables, Skyler included. Seated at a large table in the center of the cafeteria, she "listened" as Luke and Vincent, two of Madden High's football players,complained about practice after school. Skyler was Vincents's cousin, and with her being new to Madden High Vincent took it upon himself to take Skyler under his wing. Problem was, Skyler didn't exactly fit in with his friends.

"Hello Skyler, did you hear me at all?"
Snapping her head towards a blue eyed blond sitting across from her, Skyler gave a confused "Huh?"
Amanda, the blond, rolled her eyes "I said are you going to the game Friday? Your cousin is starting, right?"
Before Skyler could speak, Vincent leaned over and popped a grape from a nearby tray in his mouth "Of course she's coming."
"Um, actually-" Skyler's words were cut off by a loud uproar. Turning behind her, Skyler raised a brow at the group of teens a few tables away.
"I can't stand that kid."
Looking back to Vincent Skyler cocked her head "Who, him? Why?"
Amanda scoffed and flipped her hair over her shoulder "Because Vincents girlfriend...."
"Shut the hell up Amanda!"
With that the bell rang and lunch was over.

Hopping up, Skyler grabbed her bag and headed out the cafeteria. "Hey Sky, wait up!" Turning her head, Skyler groaned as Luke made his way to her side. "Where you rushing off to? We both heading the same way." Pushing her bangs from her face, Skyler shook her head ''Actually, I'm heading to room 217. You, as always, are headed to your car."
"Skyler, I'm hurt!" Giving him a pointed look Luke smiled "Fine. You got me there, but I am actually going to class today. Mrs. Wheeler's assigning this stupid hard project and I was hoping to work with a pretty green eyed girl."
Shaking her head Skyler pointed the the door "Get in there Luke!"

Taking her seat, Skyler looked up as Mrs. Wheeler began to speak. Hearing the they were being assigned partners, Skyler didn't know if she should jump for joy that she wasn't working with Luke and groan with the fear that by some god awful force, she may still be stuck with him. Taking a quick glance as Luke, she rolled her eyes as he sent her a wink. "Ass."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ɐʇɹos ʎqlǝɥs!
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Hidden Monsters

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxRedefiningPanic on Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:40 pm

"Luke and Nick Crespin. Miss Valentine and Eliot." The teacher raddled off more names.

New girl? Eliot wondered to himself. He looked over to the girl. She was rolling her eyes away from Luke, who obviously was being a total douche. Eliot never really liked the kid, but never made any trouble. He vaguely remember Luke being friends with Vincent, who went out with some chick Eliot accidentally hit on. To his defense, it wasn't really all his smooth moves, he really only got in a couple of smiles, however potent. The girl, unable to identify which one was "Eliot" sat in her seat waiting, which made it easy to seize her up. Her hair was deep onyx, but her eyes were bright. She had a sweet face. She was pretty, Eliot decided.

When the history teacher finished off her list, she smiled and hushed the class down.
"Now I have the packets here. When these get passed out, I want you to listen carefully, because we're going to go through some of it together." She passed out the stack of packets to each person in the front rows. When she was done, she waited for a moment so that they were passed all the way to the last desk. "All right, you'll find on the first pace that it says this is due December twentieth? Change that to the twelfth. Unless you'd like to com in on your break to hand this in."

The woman went on to correct more dates and some misstyped information. When she was done, she handed out a sheet of paper with possible topics and told the class to get with their partners to decide who would do what topic. When she passed the last sheet out, students stood and moved about. Eliot stood, leaving his bag by his desk, only taking a pencil and his notebook with him.

"Hey," He smiled lightly as he angled himself towards the black haired girl in the desk in front of hers. "You excited to research-" He held up the sheet of paper with possible topics and selected one at random, "The railroad industrialization?" his face seemed to scrunch, already scrutinizing the interest in the project. He grimaced lightly and looked up, "Ew.."

[Sorry this is so short!]

xxRedefiningPanic
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!