Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

"I'll Be Home for Christmas" players wanted

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

"I'll Be Home for Christmas" players wanted

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fridaymorning on Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:20 pm

I'll Be Home For Christmas

For the first time in six years, 25-year-old Devon DeCray is going home for the holidays. And he knows exactly what to expect: a cavernous mansion on George Hill festooned with garland and at least three Christmas trees; professionally hung white lights above every window, every peak of the roof; ornaments of varying sizes cascaded from fishing line from the vaulted ceiling of the grand foyer. And of course, he expected his parents to be precisely the same: Republican politician father lambasting the new President, and a high society mother making plans for the annual Christmas party and ordering "The Help" around the house like slaves instead of people. He expected to be utterly and thoroughly miserable, and probably a little drunk, most of the time.

But what he didn't expect-- was her.

Here's the idea: Devon hasn't been home in a long time, being rather estranged from his parents, but he's going this year. It's a romance-based RP (a little self-indulgence before Christmas, if you'll allow it) in which Devon goes home to discover his parents have hired someone new: your character. She can be a maid, the chef's assistant, an all-purpose house manager, the pianist they've hired to sit at the grand in the foyer to play music for their guests. That part is up to you. The DeCray household is every bit as obscene as you can imagine, so feel free to get creative with her role. As long as she's a full-time member of the staff (preferably live-in, though that's flexible), I'm happy.

So what happens when Devon and The Help are drawn into each other's company? And what of the other women his mother intends to throw his way at the Christmas party? And if Deidre DeCray were to find out what her precious son was up to... Drama, drama, drama. How grand.

I was thinking this could be pretty good for a 1x1, with me taking on the periphery role of Devon's mom. But if there's enough interest to make this into a small group thing, I'm open to that too.

Here's a (brief!) character sheet. Send it to me either here or in a PM, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! (Even if someone's already posted a CS, don't feel you can't send one in too.)

Thanks, folks!

CS
Character name:
How your character became part of the household/why this job:
Brief Bio:

Note: My sincerest hope is that the personality and character description will come out in play, but if you want to include a (realistic) character picture, feel free to do so.
It is not time we lack, but concentration.
Jim Moore, poet

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

fridaymorning
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: "I'll Be Home for Christmas" players wanted

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AriesChan on Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:47 pm

Character name: Skyler Smith

Position within the household: Chef's Assistant

How your character became part of the household/why this job: Skyler was a student/classmate(depending on how old the chef is, i guess lol) of the Chef's at culinary school and they were good friends. Knowing that they'd need help during the holidays and remembering how good Skyler's skill were, they called her and asked for help.

Brief Bio: Skyler is the youngest of two, she has an older brother. When she was younger she was always torn between being a writer or a cook when she got older, that was until one day her mom allowed her to help with making Thanksgiving Dinner. Seeing how much fun she had in the kitchen she new from then on that she wanted to be a cook. Once she got out of culinary school she started a restaurant with two of her best friends, and is in the middle of writing a recipe book.

Well i hope that's good ^^
When my heart decides to go BOOM...will you be there to help pick up the pieces?
Image Image Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AriesChan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AHeartlessNobody on Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:47 pm

Can I reserve the girl please?
Yes, yes I do.

AHeartlessNobody
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AHeartlessNobody on Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:06 pm

Character name: Monolia Ana Amelia Mirabella(long name, I know, lol)

Position within the household: She a maid, that helps clean the house and fetch suppiles that the different workers need from the stores in the town.

How your character became part of the household/why this job: She saw a flier taking about the big Christmas party that they were having at the DeCray mansion, and so, figuring that would would need some extra hands to perpare for it, she went there and was given a job as the maid right away. She had wanted to be a maid to prove to herslef that she could do it, figuring it was probably on of the hardest jobs in the manson.

Brief Bio:
Monolia grew up in a large home getting everything she asked for because her parents were big business owners and she was an only child. Even so, her parents were gone a lot, leaving her alone, even on Christmas, to go on all these faney and expinssive vactions, leaving her behind with the 'help'' as the only ones to keep her company. She treated them very well, and hated how when her parents did happen to be home, they would treat the workers horribly. When one time she stood up for them, they said she had no saay in it becuase she wasn't a working woman, she ran her mouth and said she would find a job somewhere else and prove to them she could work harder then they did. And so, now she has just gotten a job at the DeCray manor, living there while she works, but when she can, goes to visit and say hello to her families workers.

AHeartlessNobody
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rollietyler on Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:16 pm

i'm reserving for my character
if you dont mind
Image Image ImageImage Image

rollietyler
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fridaymorning on Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:35 am

Sure-- just try to get your CS up soon. I think I'm going to start it up just after Christmas, but I'm interested to see what you've got!

fridaymorning
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rollietyler on Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:24 pm

Character name: Rankid Zhang
Position within the household: he’s the driver, takes people to places they want.
How your character became part of the household/why this job: Rankid just finished college when he was offered a job for driving the family places he was cool with it and offered him a place to stay
Brief Bio:
Rankid was born in California, he grew up with very little because he had everything he wanted and all he wanted was a happy life, he either wanted to be a race car driver or an ordinary driver. He had a job as a racer, he was invited to the Christmas party that the decray mansion which he wasn’t much enjoying. Zhang soon after got involved with them.
Rankid is an only kid with friends that act like family and treat him like a brother, he always played games outside with them.

rollietyler
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AHeartlessNobody on Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:40 am

Are we not doing this rp anymore?

AHeartlessNobody
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!