Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Home Is Were The Heart Is

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Home Is Were The Heart Is

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryu Newminor on Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:09 pm

Please Apply on the OOC form!! post716607.html?hilit=#p716607

Nicodemus Black smiled as his eyes snapped open, he rolled over and looked at the clock which read 7:30. He hopped out of bed and sighed as he got into his closet and grabbed out the clothes he was going to wear that day. After he was dressed he walked out into the hallway and inhaled deeply.

" BREAKFAST STARTS IN 30 MINUTES EVERYBODY UP AND OUT IN THE HALL FOR ANNOUNCEMENTS!!!!!" he yelled at the top of his voice. Nicodemus lived and work at the Spring Field Orphanage, Nicky loved it there and was very happy. He was super friendly and got along well with everyone. He stood by his friend Russell's door and waited for him to come out.
"If you ever feel different, hold your head up high. We're artists. We're all crazy. And that's good-crazy!" -Adam Lambert

please visit my Trilogy's website! http://www.coronwen.webs.com

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ryu Newminor
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Home Is Were The Heart Is

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lemondropsngumdrops on Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:30 pm

Russell rolled over in his bed, covering his head with the blanket. WHY do we get up so EARLY?? he whined in his head as he slowly uncovered his head and narrowed his eyes at the bright light shining through his window. With a sigh and a stretch he climbed out of bed and stumbled over to the clothes he'd laid on top of his chair the night before. He struggled with his shirt until it finally submitted and fit straight on his long torso then tackled his jeans. Getting dressed, for some reason, was always insanely difficult for him to do.
Finally clothed he shook himself awake and walked out into the hallway as the rest of the kids here did the same. He noticed Nick waiting for him by the door and flashed him a grin, "Morning, Buddy"
"If there is a greater power, why is it He can't get you a new sweater?" "Because He's too busy looking for your brain"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

lemondropsngumdrops
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryu Newminor on Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:36 pm

Nicky smiled as he threw his arms around his friend and started to sing he knew how much Russle hated it when he did this.

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine!
You make me happy when skies are gray!
You never noticed how much I love you!
Please don't take my sunshine away!!

He let go and looked at him and then he started cracking up. At that moment Mrs. Allen the head mistress of the Orphanage walked out and smiled as she saw everyone's bright and happy faces.

"Morning everyone!" she said with a bright smile.

Ryu Newminor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lemondropsngumdrops on Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:38 pm

Russell waited impatiently for Nicky to finish his little song then gave his laughing friend a firm but not hard punch in the arm. "Next time it'll be your face!" he scowled, then broke into a laugh.

As Mrs. Allen came into view he quieted down and listened to her talk, using Nicky as an armrest at the same time. Mrs. Allen was without doubt the best head mistress they'd had since his entrance to the orphanage, she actually cared about the kids here. Not to say that the others didn't care per say, they just didn't seem all that happy to be here..

lemondropsngumdrops
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryu Newminor on Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:41 pm

"Okay so first item on the list: as you all know adoption day has been moved to today. So with that being said you all know the drill I want all of you to get this place spick and span. Leaders who wants to be in charge to make sure everything gets done?" Nicky looked around and sighed when he saw that no one was volunteering, he then raised his hand. Mrs. Allen looked at him and smiled a sweet caring smile. "Thank you Nicodemus, you always come through in a scrape and I appreciate it." Nicky smiled and all of the others started yelling remarks like "Head Mistress' pet" or "Yeah because he's Mrs. Allen's favorite." Nicky just rolled his eyes he was used to it by now.

Ryu Newminor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lemondropsngumdrops on Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:05 pm

Russell shook his head slightly and gave Nicky a half smile as he patted him on the back. Nicky had always been the nice one that tried to help everybody. A lot of the other boys disliked him for it, but Russell liked that about him and actually looked up to him a little. As the kids dispersed to tidy up the place Russell took his usual place among the trash picker-uppers.

Adoption Day was here. That was the day when a couple would-be parents would come by and pick out one of the cute younger kids to take home with them, leaving the rest of them behind. Russell had long since given up hope that someone his age would even be seriously considered for adoption. Everyone either wanted a baby or elementary school kid, and even when he had been young enough for that category he still hadn't been picked. But he was fine with that just as long as he still had food, a bed, and his best friend next to him.

lemondropsngumdrops
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryu Newminor on Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:00 pm

Nicodemus sighed as he went to the utility room and grabbed a mop. He walked into the west hallway and went to work. He then looked over at a group of kids.

"COOPER DON'T YOU EVEN THINK OF THROWING THAT BALL IN THIS HOUSE!!!!" he yelled the unexpected boy jumped and spun around to look at him and Nicodemus raised an eye-brow at him. Cooper giggled sheepishly as he handed him the ball, he then disappeared up the stairs. Mrs. Allen smiled as she watched all of the kids working, she then walked over to Nicodemus.

"Nicodemus can I talk to you for a moment please?" Nicky looked up at her.

"Sure Mrs. A." he put down the mop and walked over to her.

" Nicodemus, I have a Mr. and Mrs. Hunter coming today and they want to meet you." Again Nicodemus just raied his eye brow. "They are a really nice couple and they are thinking about adopting..." Nicodemus' eyes went big.

"You mean they want to adopt me?" he asked his voice shaking a little. Mrs. Allen nodded.

"Maybe. I compared you to their survey...you're perfect..." Nicodemus' eyes narrowed and he shook his head.

"Look the others can do what they want but I'm not going and you can't make me!" with that he turned on his heel and walked back into the crowded hallway. He looked around for his best friend.

"RUSSLE I NEED YOU!!!!" he yelled at the top of his lungs, he then slumped agiants the wall his knees drawn up to his forehead as he started to cry.

Ryu Newminor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lemondropsngumdrops on Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:41 am

Russell paused as he thought he heard Nick calling for him from a different room. Dropping his bag of collected trash he ran down the hallway, spotting Nicky in a corner. He slowed his walk as he approached Nick and noticed tears dripping onto the carpet.

Russell turned to the surrounding kids who, by this point, had begun to stare and glared, "Got a problem?" The kids quickly looked away and busied themselves with whatever they'd been doing before.

He slumped down next to Nicky and nudged him with his elbow, "What's up, kid?" He sounded indifferent, but underneath he was really worried. Nicky never cried like that. Ever. Whatever was wrong, it was bad.

lemondropsngumdrops
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryu Newminor on Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:15 pm

Nicky looked up at him tears pouring down his face.

"She says someone wants to adopt me. Someone wants to take me away!" he sniffled. No one had ever seen him like this. It was scary seeing someone who was normally so strong and willing to help others being so venerable.

Ryu Newminor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lemondropsngumdrops on Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:33 pm

Russell's world came to a crashing halt. Someone was adopting Nicky? But they couldn't! No he'd been abandoned once, he wasn't about to be left behind again!
"If you're leaving then I am too!" russell had no idea how he was Gunna pull that off, he just knew he had too. For the sake of his frienship and his sanity.

lemondropsngumdrops
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryu Newminor on Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:04 pm

Nicky put his head on Russle's shoulder as he cried. He knew he had to suck it up because the famlies were going to be here soon. After a moment he stood and dusted himself off.
"I can't let this get to me. I--" he stopped mid sentence. "I have a plan. Normal families want a child who is good and well behaved right?" a big grin came to his face. He know knew exactly what he had to do.

Ryu Newminor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AyaAmayaMiyu on Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:45 pm

"honey do you think they'll like us?" Adena said nervously to her husband well they drive to the orphanage. "Don't worry hun, I'm sure there all nice kids sad that parents with the ability to have kids do such bad thing with them" Kei said sadly "yea I agree if I had kids I would never have had given them away or let go" Adena added calmly "but do you think one of the kids there might like us? what if they don't want to be with us or or..." Adena stuttered "hun hun relax" Kei said laughing lightly "everything will be fine" he said calmly taking one of his hands of the stirring wheel and placed it on his wife's hand."relax" "okay" Adena said and smiled.

Once they arrived the stepped out of the car and looked up at the orphanage, "while here goes nothing" Adena said calmly and smiled at Kei "yes" Kei said and walked over to his wife and towards the orphanage.
Last edited by AyaAmayaMiyu on Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noble Born in Chaos
~Please join! Two spots currently free. We need Amerigo before we can start.~

AyaAmayaMiyu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lemondropsngumdrops on Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:46 pm

Russell looked up at Nick and a devious smile formed on his lips as he realized what Nicky's plan was. He would probably get in trouble for it later, but they could deal with that when it came. For now they had to finish getting the place clean.
Russell got up and put his arm around Nicky's shoulder, and directing them towards the rest of the kids. "You know, you're becoming more like me every day," he joked before ruffling Nicky's hair, "This could be a little hard for someone like you, I mean you're nice and polite by nature."

lemondropsngumdrops
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryu Newminor on Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:29 pm

Mrs. Allen sighed as she walked outside. She however smiled when she saw Mr. and Mrs Salavin.

"Hi and welcome to The Springfireld Orfanage!" she said wih a bright smile. "You must be Mr and Mrs. Salavin. So good to see you, I'm Miss Allen. Come on in!
she motioned for them to follow her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nicodemus pushed Russle away as he laughed. Russle always knew how to cheer him up. Nicodemus then walked over to the door and looked out. to his dismay he saw her walking up the driveway with a couple. He had to think quickly what if this was the man and woman who wanted to adopt him? He looked down at the grownd and spotted a frisbee. He picked it up and looked at it and then he threw it.

Ryu Newminor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seras on Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:23 pm

Chiyoko was smiling. She couldn't stop smiling. Marrying James had been the happiest day of her life. When she had found out he was infertile, she admitted she was a bit sad but she never stopped loving him and set her sights on adopting. The first time their adoption paper went through and they adopted Sonja, she was ecstatic. And then the papers went through a second time! And they adopted Airyn. Though she loved both the girls to death she felt that James was a little out numbered with there being three girls in the house and one boy. So when the papers were accepted a third time she already had in mind to adopt a boy. The lady who ran the orphanage, Mrs. Allen, had told her a little bit about a boy, Nicodemus Black. What little she was told she really liked. A year older then Sonja and Airyn, so he'd be a big brother and she was sure he'd protect them from any harm they may come into. She looked at her watch. She had left Sonja and Airyn at home as to not overwhelm Nicodemus and was hoping that they were safe. This being one of the few times she had let them stay at home alone. She looked at the orphanage then looked at James. "Ready?" It was obvious she was the nervous one but trying to appear calm.

Seras
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lemondropsngumdrops on Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:05 am

Russell watched his friend as he threw a frisbee towards one of the couples that was coming up the walkway. He felt a little bad for the person who would get hit, but if it meant keeping Nicky here with him then so be it. He quickly turned and walked out of their line of sight, so they'd be sure to notice that Nicky had thrown it, and helped the kids finish the cleaning before Miss Allen returned. If they were lucky both of the couples would pick one of the kids quickly and take away the stress underlying the excitement that filled the air.

He leaned against a wall and watched the younger kids, making sure they didn't get into any trouble while they waited for Miss Allen. Whenever Nicky was off duty from making sure everything was "spick and span" Russell would take over, although he kept a low profile about it so he wouldn't be automatically picked for helping jobs like Nicky did.

lemondropsngumdrops
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AyaAmayaMiyu on Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:16 am

Kei turned his head and saw a frisbee heading to his wife, he quickly catched it with his hand before it hit his wife's head. Adena got startled and walked a bit back at she saw her husband grabbing the frisbee, "you okay dear" Kei asked calmly and put the frisbee at his side. "yes I'm fine hun no worried" Adena replied smiling and then turned her attention to the boy who she thought threw the frisbee at them and Kei did the same.

AyaAmayaMiyu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryu Newminor on Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:02 pm

Nicky was standing there a smile on his face as if he ment to do it, just then Mrs. Allen walked over to them.

"Nicodemus what in the world is going on?" Nicky looked at Mrs. Allen and a smirk tugged at his lips as he decided what he was going to do.

"NOTHING! GOD WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS YELLING AT ME AND ACCUSING ME OF EVERYTHING!?" he yelled at the top of his voice. A lot of the children and families turned to look at him. "I HATE IT HERE! YOU PEOPLE ARE JUST SO....UGGGGGGGGGHHH!!!" with that he stormed inside before anyone could say or do anything. He made it over to Russle and started laughing.

Ryu Newminor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forensic_Anthro on Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:09 am

Iris yawned, running her fingers through her multi-colored hair, she had realized that she had slept in late, even through Nick's yelling, which she had simply turned over and gone back to sleep at.
"Hey, Nick. Russle," Iris said, "what's up? Getting into any trouble?" she grinned mischievously, ignoring the kids laughing at her and teasing her about her size, hair and the fact that she had to wear contacts, which some found cool, but most did not.
"Adoption day already?" she sighed, "Another day of stressed, excited little kids... Another day of torture and teasing," she glared at a kid nearby her and he took a step back then started laughing at her unusual blue contacts, bleached and streaked hair, and especially her height.
noot noot

Forensic_Anthro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryu Newminor on Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:29 am

Nicky looked at the kinds and glared and they instantly stopped.

"I'm getting adopted today." he put the finger quotes around adopted. He then folded his arms a crossed his chest as an enraged Mrs. Allen walked into the room.

"Nicodemus my office RIGHT NOW!!" Nicodemus rolled his eyes and walked with Mrs. Allen to her office. When they made it inside she closed the door and looked at him. "Care to tell me what is going on?" Nicodemus shook his head and went to leave but Mrs. Allen called to him.
"Nicodemus stop! What is going on?" Nicodemus turned and looked at her tears in his eyes.

"I DON'T WANT TO GO OKAY!?" he yelled angerliy as he started to cry. Mrs Allen sighed as she held out her arms to him.

Ryu Newminor
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!