Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hope Lies with You: Fantasy RP (OOC Accepting)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Hope Lies with You: Fantasy RP (OOC Accepting)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Echo on Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:32 pm

Hope Lies with You

"Welcome, saviors. We sit on the cusp of war, upon an everlasting tide of hatred and destruction. I need you, here and now, to help me overcome the darkness that resides in this world. The Shade is back, summoned into existence by a spiteful wizard who desired more power than he could imagine. However, as is true with history, The Shade is uncontrollable. The darkness that flows from The Shade infects every being around it, the power is immense. He has slain the wizard, and raised an army of demons and wretches to destroy life as we know it. We must stop him.

Before we even attempt to attack this being, I must warn you, do not attempt to reason with The Shade. The Shade cannot control itself, it is the purest form of evil and it will end the lives of every living thing it sees, within it's power. The Shade is a possessed warrior from long ago, his captor is the most powerful demon ever to walk upon the world.

Again, that is why I summon you here, heroes. You are the most powerful warriors, mages, and healers from every nation of Phyla. You are the only hope we have of defeating the Army of Darkness and banishing The Shade back to the underworld once again. We must not fail, heroes, for then nothing shall stand in the way of the Army of Darkness and the world will cease to exist."

The Background

As you have read, an immortal being known as The Shade has been summoned forth, back onto the surface of Phyla. Phyla is a fantasy world with three types of magic, and three races all of which are listed below. The world is still mostly in kingdoms that fluctuate from year to year, so no one has taken the trouble of making a political map. Your role, however, is to stop the Army of Darkness from breaching into the cities of Phyla and save them from utter destruction. This is a fantasy RP much in the spirit of Final Fantasy in terms of armor and weaponry, so feel free to draw from that if you wish.

The Magic

-Spirit Magic- Spirit magic is an arcane art based on the use of spirits as vassals. It includes possession of a living being by binding a spirit to do so, summoning solid spirits such as demons to fight for you, and prayers to the Great Spirits for assistance. (Ex: Praying for the Sky Spirit for a thunderbolt to strike an enemy.) (Possession will not affect the Armies of Darkness, as they are already spirits, however it may be useful in gaining human assistance.)

-Mysticism- The art of performing various chants and incantations. Mysticism includes benefits such as buffs, healing chants, long-term curses (incredibly difficult), and teleportation.

-Force Magic- Force Magic is the art of commanding pure energy as an extension of one's self. This includes throwing from a distance, generating barriers of energy, and generating explosions/implosions of matter.

The Races

-Dinera- Dinera are very much like humans, standing about 6 feet tall on average and weighing around 180 pounds. They tend to be moderately proficient at any task, but have no real specialties in terms of combat. However, a dedicated Dinera can master any art if they try hard enough. Dinera are decent at combat, as well as magic, but tend to be most proficient in Mysticism magic if at all.

-Vorkai- Vorkai are cat-like people of the southern edge of Phyla. The men of the Vorkai race generally reach about 7 feet in height and average a lean 200 pounds, mostly built of muscle. Men of the Vorkai race have prominent manes behind their head, but other than that Vorkai are mostly human, with the exception of their lion-esque faces. Vorkai tend to be incredibly agile and strong, proving to be most proficient at weapon-based combat. They have limited magical abilities due to their culture being out of sync with the Great Spirits, as they tend to believe in gods that aren't real.

-Rokara- Rokara are a shamanistic, shorter race of the central part of Phyla. They tend to be much shorter than the other races, their men only reaching 4 feet in height, while their woman can reach up to 5 feet. They weigh in ratio to a much shorter human, but are quite plump for their height. Rokara are incredibly powerful mages and tend to make up for their short stature with such methods of battle, showing incredible mastery of Spirit Magic and better use of the other two forms than either above race.

Rules
I don't have many of these, but please cooperate.

-No sexual content.
-Post once per day.
-Posts must be at least 100 characters long for them to be counted as adequate.
-I am the admin, what I say goes.
-Follow standard RPG rules.
-Have fun, post often, and write well!

Your Character Sheet

Name:
Age: (All races have similar lifespans to humans, with Rokara living slightly longer.)
Abilities: (One type of magic, except Rokara who may have two. List your best weapon types (sword, spear, etc.))
Appearance: (Pictures are okay, anime or otherwise.)
Clothing/Armor: (This part and weapons may be shown in appearance, but still add details please.)
Weapons:
Biography:

The Army of Darkness will feature some races that are not on there, as well as some demon variants that I purposely left out. This is to add a bit of mystery to the RP and let you come up with enemies. I will obviously have some boss fights, but other than that after your first post you guys just keep creating all the content you like, within reason. All demons and other enemies must be described IN DETAIL.

Sorry for not elaborating more on races and magics, I did that on purpose to leave you guys a bit of room to diversify. I don't want everyone's profile to be the same as in every other fantasy RP, use your imagination and come up with a truly unique character.

This Rp will center around the war, but there will also be some opportunity for character development and socialization, so you will not be fighting all the time. Anyways, get those character profiles up, you will see my two characters up shortly. (The Shade and the guy from the beginning.)
- http://www.roleplaygateway.com/under-the-white-sheet-ooc-sign-t26650.html -
Under The White Sheet - Vampire RP - We need serious, long posting, RPers! Join now!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Echo
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Hope Lies with You: Fantasy RP (OOC Accepting)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vizzer123 on Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:45 pm

Hmm, this seems interesting, I'll have a character bio up soon, either in about 30-45 min or in 9-10hrs if i get too tired and need to sleep.
The accumulation of their filth will foam up around their waists, and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'SAVE US.' and I'll look down and whisper,'no'.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vizzer123
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Echo on Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:21 pm

Alright, thanks for showing interest :)

Name: Vera Sloran (The Shade)
Age: 230 (Possessed at 34 and continues to show that age overall, but with some changes.)
Race: Shade (Orig. Dinera)
Abilities: Summoning of thousands of demons, powerful force magic user, and skill with a great sword.
Appearance: Image
The picture above is a depiction of him, except his skin has now become dark and his eyes are a glowing red.
Clothing/Armor: The armor in the picture is red-stained steel arms and gauntlets, connected in the middle by a silver steel chest plate. The chest plate doesn't even begin to touch the bottom of his ribcage, though the rest of his chest is covered with a skin-tight shirt. His pants are a dark brown, with combat boots below them. He also wears the tattered cape of his old kingdom, which has since been destroyed.
Weapons: Besides his magic, Vera uses a large blade made from a reinforced steel. The blade is enchanted with many spirits and souls, which he has reaped from his fallen opponents since his possession. The spirits give it a strange property that allows it to cut through virtually any armor as though it were butter.
Biography: Vera was once a triumphant warrior, the most powerful knight in his region. He fought for the Kingdom of Zerathia, which at the time was the most influential state in all of Phyla thanks to his efforts. Vera was very proud of his nation, his accomplishments, and above all, his honor. He upheld himself respectably in all situations in life, becoming the most chivalrous man that the world had yet seen. Vera would help citizens do farm work, he would help lift heavy loads, he even donated some of his loot from wars to the poor.

However, when he was off slaying a great demon one day, he let his guard down. The targeted demon was nothing but bait, leaving Vera so entangled in the current fight that he lacked the perception to notice the icy touch in the back of his mind. That icy touch soon grew into an overpowering control center, taking him into the pit of darkness that was Shadedom. He would never recover from the possession, leaving his body and power to the demon that inhabited him.

Upon the possession, Vera showed himself to the Kingdom of Zerathia and proceeded to begin whiping it off the map. The very state he worked to build was slowly burning under his own eyes. The pain the man inside suffered was not comprehendable, but the demon would not let him close his eyes. Soon the entire kingdom was destroyed. Yet, a circle of mages faced Vera down days later, using the most powerful banishment incantation they could muster, and soon he was cast off to the underworld. But he was not free, he was only waiting until a greater force drew him back to Phyla to wreak havoc again.

Echo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raivyn on Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:29 pm

if permitted I'd very much like to join. I'll begin working on my concept now.

Raivyn
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:52 pm

Name: Yuri Saigo Honoo

Race: Dinera

Abilities: Force Magic / Special Dual sword techniques.
Yuri can use the Force Magic to engulf his swords in flame as well as cause fiery explosions. The flames themselves do not hurt him. He can combine this ability with his unique Techniques that uses both swords in different stances. He can swap between these stances very quickly and easily. He is also quite fast speed wise but not as strong in upper body terms as the others. He can utilize powerful kicks when the time needs.

Appearance: (See avatar.) Yuri has a scar on left eye from a past experience. He is also not too big but toned in the body area. His leg muscles however are stronger. He is also average height (6').

Clothing/Armor: Yuri had a Red cloak with a black sleeveless shirt under it. He also has a red head band to keep sweat out of his eyes. He wears Black loose pants with silver embroidered down the sides. He has a red sash around his waist. He wear two light silver-metal bracers on both arms to compliment his various stances and light silver-metal shin guards for kicks and such. Aside from that, no armor.

Weapons: He wields two katana styled swords (One bladed edge) he got from his brother. The swords themselves are mysterious as they can take immense amounts of damage and never dull or break. They are imbued with a Pheonix Spirit for enhanced speed and a deep red tint. They give off trace amounts of heat because of the spirit as well.

Biography: (I'd rather reveal this during the RP. If not acceptable, I can edit it.)

((Fixed?))
Last edited by Talisman on Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Echo on Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:59 pm

Talisman, I don't mind if you add most of you biography in through the RP, however...if you wouldn't mind just adding a bit more detail overall, I could accept you. Generally I like three full, 3 sentence minimum, paragraphs for an application and yours are a bit fragment-y. Just add on to them a little bit.

Raivyn and Vizzer, just get your bios up when it fits you, I'm not too anxious about starting this. I would rather have you guys fill the profiles out nicely than just post a skimpy 1 word a-piece shell. So go for it :)

Echo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raivyn on Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:09 pm

Name: Kess Eversun

Abilities: Put simply Kess’s power rests within her skill of perception. While she carries with her the ability to wield Force Magic (Albeit limited) and an extensive knowledge of martial arts Kess prides herself in none of these. Seen commonly using only a long-knife (if that) Kess is known to be proficient with a number of martial weapons, and has shown, on occasion, a great deal of prowess with the bow.

Kess’s Magical aptitude lingers someplace beyond most others. As it is common knowledge that the use of Force Magic’s permits the user to command pure energy, be this by generating barriers or explosions of some kind, Kess’s power would appear limited at first, however it is far from it. Kess has only the ability to generate barriers of energy, but unlike others who use Force Magic she does not seem to have the ability to cause things to combust or implode. This single focus has granted Kess a great deal more power and speed to her magic’s giving her even footing with those who wield some of the greater destructive magic’s in the known world of Phyla.

Appearance: Unlike most Dinera Kess sits below the average height, but only by a mere two inches worth (making her 5’10). However, despite her size (or because of it) Kess holds a compact build, both agile and strong in appearance (however her true strength is immeasurable by simply looking at her.). Simple brown eyes and equally unordinary brown hair sits beside golden-hued skin and a noble appearance, what with her high cheekbones and tight jaw line. Kess often maintains her shoulder length hair in a verity of ways, most common among them is a simple ponytail.

Clothing/Armor: Most, if not all of Kess’s attire is kept simple and overall bland in appearance. She dons what easily appears to be a chain shirt, the silver links dulled as to cast no reflection when touched by the light. As the sleeves of the chain shirt end roughly a few inches below the shoulder a loose set of brown sleeves erupts before fitting back into a set of scarred-dark-leather bracers. A shoulder cloak of some unremarkable make fits over her left shoulder, its leather straps reaching around and beneath her right armpit.

Below the torso a set of belts, worn and dull, wraps around her hips, each belt carrying a respective item. Be it a bag on one or a long-knife on the other. Her pants are a light dusty brown and loose to fit, tucking comfortably into a pair of worn, brown leather knee-high boots to complete the ensemble.

Weapons: While Kess is proficient with a number of weapons she carries with her only a single long-knife. This weapon is bland in appearance and shows a great deal of use. The blade itself looks as if it has been sharped a good dozen or so times and contains its share of nicks while the hilt has a worn black-leather wrapping with a simple steel-hued pommel.

Biography: On the surface Kess’s history is simplistic in nature. Raised in noble house she was taught from an early age to keep her head low and her mouth shut. However as she grew older her lust to be rid of her family grew a great deal until one evening she managed and escape from the estate that her family owned.

From here Kess’s past becomes obscured and overall hazy to recount. However if asked she alludes to spending time with a companion of Vorkai, from which she learned a great many things. One thing that has never been shared is her attaining the level of Force Magic she has. On occasion she has sometimes hinted that it occurred during her years still living with her family and has grown considerably over time.

While Kess is often quiet she is not entirely a closed book and if approached directly has been known to give over at least some information detailing her past.

Raivyn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Echo on Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:47 pm

Both of you are accepted. My hero's bio will be up tomorrow at some point, and I look forward to Rping with both of you :) Good work guys.

Echo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vizzer123 on Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:07 am

Name: Blake

Abilities: His favorable weapon is his sword, the sword is enchanted, giving it the ability to absorb some magic cast at him, and then hurling it away as a projectile weapon(the magic, not the sword). The strength of this attack depends on Blake, meaning if his emotions are strong while doing this he will channel energy into his sword and release it along with the stored magic. This is the only way he can use any magic of his own, through strong emotions.
If a very strong spell hits him ir will still absorb some of the magic, but he will get hurt. Also if he is not prepared for a spell he will not absorb any of the magic and he will get the full damage of the spell.

Appearance: He has brown hair tied into a ponytail which reaches to his shoulders. On his face can be seen a scar that runs along the right side of his face. He has cold blue eyes and is rather muscular, which is required for him to be able to wield his sword.

Clothing/Armor: He wears leather armor on top of textile garments, a dirty lightly blue colored cotton shirt with brown textile pants. On top of the shirt he has a thick leather vest, and on top of his pants he has armor on the sides of his thighs and the front of his lower legs. He wears a leather straps around his hands formed into gloves, sorta like boxers. He uses these to tie the sword hilt to his hands when he is to tired to hold onto it anymore, or when his hands are blistered/sweaty and the hilt slides in his hands. He can also use these straps as bandages. He also has a long black cape, which covers his sword completely, revealing only the hilt.

Weapons: He is using a broadsword that is 5,7 feet long and 6 inches broad. It is very heavy due to two things and thus he wield is slowly, focusing on strength instead of agility. One of the reasons it is heavy is that he want's his sword to be able to shatter enemies armor and the other is because it's enchanted.

Biography: His family was killed by raiders, when he was just a day old. A woman of the raiders took him in and thus he was raised by raiders. Later the raiders were killed when he was seven years old, the raiders had been weakened by a disease and that made them outnumbered and he barely survived. He is haunted by his “father and mother” that he had while living with the raiders in his dreams, and they tell him that he should have died. He tries to prove to himself that he was worthy to survive, thus he pushes himself longer all the time. He doesn’t care about many people, if saves someone he claims that he did it to prove to himself that he is strong enough to do that. One reason because he isn’t friends with anybody is because he thinks no one can understand his past.

Three things he cares about is his sword, his amulet given to him by his best and only friend when the raiders were killed. Also his dagger, which his father tried to kill him with but Blake managed to turn it against his father and kill him instead. His father tried to kill him because he thought he was followed by evil spirits because he should have died when he was one day old. The reason he believed that was because some of his men were dying in an incurable disease. Blake doesn’t know why he carries around that dagger, but he just can’t seem to throw it away.

After watching everyone being killed he was badly wounded, but he somehow survived, and he is now searching for battles, for battles are the only thing that can ease his mind and soul. He always dream nightmares because of what he has lived through. He’ll do anything for his pride and to prove himself, even if chances are big he might die.

Vizzer123
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Echo on Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:36 am

VIzzer you are approved. If we get two more people, I will start the IC guys. :P Invite your friends! Doo eet!

Echo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raivyn on Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:11 pm

I'm new, I have no friends. *Sadface* Anyways! I'm excited!

Raivyn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Echo on Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:59 pm

I'll be your friend :)

However, it doesn't seem like we are going to get our other posters. So, I won't go through the trouble of making my second character's bio. I hope this RP works out though, I will definitely do it if more people show interest.

Echo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vizzer123 on Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:13 pm

I have posted to some of which I role play with in other threads, but I guess they have other stuff on their hands and can't join another one right now.

Vizzer123
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mouse on Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:18 pm

Name: Yull Strathmore

Abilities: Mysticism (Mainly Healing). Fights in many forms of hand to hand combat.

Appearance: Image
(I just realized I made my character appearance look exactly like Deckard Cain, lolz)
Yull is a very old man. He has a dark shade of green eyes, and his body is covered in wrinkles. His head is balding at the top with a little bit of white hair left at the back. He stands at six feet, but hunches over on his staff due to his age. Despite being 82, Yull is in very good shape.

Clothing/Armor: Yull wears a dark blue robe. Around his neck is a necklace made from his late wife when they were young. He stills wears his wedding ring. Under his robe, he wears a white shirt and brown pants. He walks barefoot, however, thinking that it's better than wearing shoes.

Weapons: Brass Knuckles

Biography: As a child, much was expected of Yull. He studied day and night, learning as much as he can about the arts of magic, and though he tried his best, it still wasn't enough. Yull's parents had enough of the imperfect child, and abandoned him, leaving him to fend off for himself. Yull was later adopted by a peasant family and continued to study the magical arts with the love and support of his new family. At an older age, Yull learned basic hand to hand combat due to the increasing amounts of thieves and murderers in the area.

When Yull became an adult, he left his foster parents and attended a top university and majored in Mysticism. Yull graduated at the top of his class two years earlier than his former students. After school, Yull settled down in a far away countryside and married. Yull earned a living as a Doctor and Surgeon, healing those in need. At the age of 70, Yull retired from his work, and tried to settle down with his loving wife. Yull's wife died at age 73, leaving him to live by himself in the small log house. Yull carried on, however, continuing to study new forms of Mysticism and martial arts to this day.
Last edited by Mouse on Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mouse
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Echo on Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:21 pm

Nice! Now I actually have a reason to continue on this fantasy lane. :) I'll make the profile tomorrow morning most likely, still ironing out the details of the plot and character, and I want to make them match up.

You're in Mouse.

Echo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kashim on Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:43 pm

Name: Kashim

Abilities: In combat, Kashim relies on three things: His Greatsword Ragnell, his massive composite longbow and his super human facets. He is able to lift large boulders, jump impressive heights and run faster than an Arabian stallion for short durations. His swordsmanship and even his movement in battle is exotic in a sense because he relies almost completely on instinct and not skill, utilizing his fine tuned senses and agility for strong and swift strikes or parries and evading. His actual level of swordsmanship is mediocre; with the help of his innate abilities an above average would be a generous estimate --nowhere near exceptional. True, among Dinera Kashim is indeed quite strong but he does not possess any of the three types of magic in any of their various disciplines. If his level of magic could be quantified by a number, this number would be zero. His body is devoid of such a thing however this does not mean that magic is unable to harm him.

Appearance: Kashim stands at an above average 6'7". He has light brown skin and heavy but moderately thick hair that is as black as it gets. He has a simple hair style, small and combed back. His build is a mix of a muscular and athletic one and he appears to be somewhat slender because of his height. Asides from Kashim's tall stature, his large brown eyes are his most distinct feature. They portray a sort of innocence, likely due to his young age.

Kashim has not a single mark on his body that would suggest he has never participated in battle. As a result, among foreigners he is often at first glance seen as a young start-up who carries an ego even bigger than his sword or bow and this may be true to some extent. Although he has suffered wounds in training and many in one particular battle, there are none of which anyone can see because for some unexplainable reason probably due to his powers, his wounds when they heal over do not leave scar tissue.

Clothing/Armor: Kashim tends to wear clothing that is suited to warm desert living, loose fitting and faded in colour. Around his torso he has a cloth belt that holds his fauld firmly in place. Since he has pretty thick skin and is quite resilient to extreme climates --especially warm ones, for footwear if he isn't barefoot he will usually wear sandals. On his left arm he wears a black metal vambrace with dark gold outlines. Kashim also carries a sack containing various medicinal herbs and salves; fishing hooks and line that can double as stitches if needed; flint'n steel to start a fire and food rations. Over-top everything Kashim wears a cloak tattered at its edges that is a worn-out earth yellow in colour.

Weapons: An ancient greatsword with a dark golden blade and black hilt. Kashim is easily able to wield it in one hand which he often does. Many battles it has seen but nary a scratch is upon its surface. It is said to be forged from a metal that fell from the sky. His bow, nearly six feet in length. It is made from a rare tree found only in the deserts of his homeland. He crafted it himself. Its pull is so great that no ordinary man would be able to knock an arrow from it. Though not truly a weapon, Kashim also carries a dagger made from Damascus steel which is actually intended for the carving of wood.

Biography: Kashim is a warrior hailing from the deserts of the east, far from the other civilizations of Phyla. His grandfather is the Caliph of the nation and his father Hashim is an ex-general of their military. Everything that Kashim knows was taught to him by his father and in comparison to him, Kashim's abilities are utterly dwarfed. Kashim last saw his father when he was sixteen years of age when a battalion of the nation's most skilled warriors were assembled to confront a vile creature undoubtedly birthed in the pits of the underworld. This massive creature was roughly humanoid in shape. Its had long bat like wings, a horned head and bestial visage which sported two gleaming red eyes. The ash black creature was at least twenty feet tall and it must have flown a great distance to arrive in these lands. General Hashim and his men were determined to stop this creature before it ventured further inland.

When they tracked the creature down Kashim's father ordered his men to stand back along with his son. The duel was spectacular. The creature hadn't touched a single hair on General Hashim, in fact he was going easy on the thing. Witnessing all this action Kashim could not resist the urge to fight alongside his father. He was young and foolhardy and because of his actions his father was wounded by the creatures tail in the defense of his son. Seeing his father hurt, Kashim eyes went clear white and he lapsed into a berserker rage. He picked up one of his father's greatswords and in several minutes, managed to lop off the creatures arms but not without suffering mortal injuries himself. Kashim was drenched in his own blood with wounds that no ordinary man could or should get up from. The black blooded creature attempted to fly away but Kashim jumped onto its back and severed one of its giant wings just before thrusting the sword into its spine. Consequently the creature fell from the sky onto its back roaring in agony, apparently crushing Kashim but that was not so. First a sword, then Kashim's upper body burst out of the creature's abdomen in a horrific display. Covered in black blood from head to toe, Kashim roared in a tone more bestial and menacing than his victim as he erupted from it. Next, Kashim threw his father's greatsword aside to pull himself out and jumped onto the prone creatures head. He took hold of it's horns and placed a foot at each shoulder and began pulling with everything he had. The weakened creature struggled for over a minute until finally with a surge of his new found power Kashim, in a slow and brutal fashion; ripped its head off. His clear white eyes would turn on his father next.

In the end Kashim's father knocked him out with only his hand, a single blow to the side of his neck. When Kashim came too, his father was sitting in a chair next to him with a long face. He told Kashim that their power is a dangerous one, that it can transform a man into nothing more than a blood thirsty monster similar to the one they had fought, perhaps worse. Particularly, he emphasized that every-time one lost control, the hope that he or she will return to their former self is significantly reduced. And this is the last time Kashim saw his father.

Two years have passed and word has spread to the far reaches of the world that the denizens of Phyla are in imminent need. The people of the desert know that the Army of Darkness is an enemy to all and it will not stop until there is nothing left. Thus Kashim has volunteered to be the first from among his people to set forth and defeat this evil.
Last edited by Kashim on Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:40 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Kashim
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Echo on Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:23 pm

Kashim, your character is a god mod and I will not accept him. Sorry.

Echo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kashim on Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:40 pm

It doesn't to me, but... You're the admin. What you says goes.

I am perfectly willing to change the profile around because I do wish to RP, if you're still accepting people that is. Also, if you would point out specific things you would like changed, that would help.

Kashim
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mouse on Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:40 pm

Updated my character appearance with a picture that I didn't make.

Look! It's Deckard Cain! (Totally unintentional by the way.)

Mouse
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Echo on Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:04 pm

1) All of his abilities are ridiculously overpowered. Who can smell blood from a mile away and still be human? Where is the room for improvement in any of this? Almost complete regeneration from his healing abilities, superhuman strength, etc.

2) The bow only being able to be used by him is a bit ridiculous.

I know you're new and I'm sorry for seeming rash, but let me give you some advice. This isn't DBZ and you aren't the main character from any FF game. Generally there has to be someone stronger, faster, and more intelligent than your character in the RP. The point of an RP is not to be the most bad ass character, it is to develop a character. You need to improve your abilities overtime. Even the 200 year old Shade still grows more powerful, you get what I mean?

So, in short, just make sure that when you look at the characters already made in an RP (besides the final villain) you are much weaker than that. Also, your character would not be a master of mysticism. No Dinera is particularly overpowered in any magic, though they show proficiency in Mysticism. How would your character acquire that much mastery at age 18?

Echo
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!