Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Human: Will write for food.

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Human: Will write for food.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yolo on Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:37 pm

Hello, friend.

Do you have an alien race sitting in the dusty files in your computer? Simply because you can't find someone who wants to play the vanilla human to interact with said race?

Look no farther! I am a willing to play a human male ready to be tangle in the world of mystery and awe. To be slapped around by an entity who is ready to tear him limb from limb. (though I hope you don't, he is so hard to sew back together)

My fighter pilot is ready to deliver such gems as this:

Yolo wrote:"Why am I here?" He laughed dryly looking up. "Because I got out of bed. Because I lost the roll of the dice. Because the universe hates me. Take your pick." He lowered his gaze to her again. "The truth? A phantom boogie and I was the smuck that got to go looking for it. I have had three tours, you know. Crash one ship and everyone is up in arms, they kick me to border patrol like a first year rookie. I have had three hundred hours fly time under my belt. Does that give me any say? No, I am choking down rat jerky and dodging space rocks looking for a blip on a screen that isn't there."

and:

Yolo wrote:"Yes, that is what I said," he stated, he was really glad that he wasn't the only one standing neck deep in confusion. They were really good at acting or they really had no idea what he was talking about. He didn't know if he should cheer or cry.

He wrinkled his nose at the thought of what they would be offering him to eat. He sniffed an armpit and the hint of freshening up, he wasn't that rank, he had his allotted five minute shower a few days ago. He still smelt of burnt wires and...something else.

So, dust off those files, start your engines and glide your way to respond to my desperate plead for some epic plots with plots and twists and snappy/confuse the alien replies.

See you out there!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Yolo
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Human: Will write for food.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yolo on Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:17 pm

Any one? I am flexible and we can work stuff out. I have my own alien races to your human/race.

Heck, I am willing to do something with mythical races too.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Yolo
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MolecularMachine on Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:03 am

I've been meaning to develop a few alien races for one of my own stories, but it looks like you're searching for a warring race, right? I love developing races, so maybe we could collaborate on one.

MolecularMachine
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yolo on Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:56 am

No it doesn't have to be warring. The whole first post is my human falling to planet of aliens. Warring. Peaceable, you name it he falls into the mist of it. I just have him on border patrol of the human space where he meets trouble and is forced to land on the planet. With or without hope of repairs. And it short of is character driven from there.

Yolo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MolecularMachine on Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:37 am

I do have a fairly well-developed alien race whose planet would be pretty terrible to crash-land on, and I've got a few characters I've wanted to develop/RP with for a while. It's a shame I haven't developed all the alien races or I could introduce him to my proper story universe, which would be more interesting. That could happen if I get some really quick basic development, though.

MolecularMachine
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yolo on Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:53 am

Terrible to crash on like, he wouldn't survive the moment he stepped out of the fighter? Or before that? He doesn't have to crash land, he will land though and need repairs. I can go soft on that you know. lol I am up to anything really, I am an adaptable writer.

Yea, develop those races. You have my permission to do so. I am not going anywhere. Weave your world and knit it with intriguing plots. Let me know when you are ready to write.

Yolo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MolecularMachine on Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:10 am

Almost the entire planet is covered in the interconnecting branches of a single tree species, and those branches are mixed with those of a different plant called a deathtrap that look exactly like normal branches but latch onto any animal who happens to touch them and dissolve the flesh. The deathtraps aren't every other branch, but they're still common enough that the fauna has evolved to avoid them or detach whichever limb happens to touch one. The technology of the planet, at least at the time before it was discovered by all the other alien races, has a level of technology that is about on par with the Victorian era, but their theoretical sciences have developed fairly well beyond that, so even if there isn't an immediate replacement for whatever's broken, there'd be a good chance that your character could find a few scientists willing to MacGyver a steampunk part.

All right, let's do this--! It only took me two years to develop the aforementioned race, so let's go! XD

MolecularMachine
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yolo on Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:20 am

Wow, that sounds intense and very deadly. Alright, play by post, tab or pm?

Yolo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MolecularMachine on Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:23 am

Pm sounds best. You go ahead and start.

MolecularMachine
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!