Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hurricane: Book One: The Errand of Fools

Hurricane: Book One: The Errand of Fools

a part of “Hurricane: Book One: The Errand of Fools”, a fictional universe by JohnAdams.

Medieval, Steam-punk, Magic. A band of unsuspecting heros through whos' actions will change the course of the world.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Hurricane: Book One: The Errand of Fools”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Hurricane: Book One: The Errand of Fools

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JohnAdams on Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:02 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Hurricane: Book One: The Errand of Fools"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

I am very interested in getting new members to my story here, as it is my first one on this site :), but not my first one in general.

I hope everyone will enjoy this story as it progresses :).

Have a good day,

~John

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

JohnAdams
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Hurricane: Book One: The Errand of Fools

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aftershock on Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:15 am

This looks very interesting, but you didn't really mention the plot, or much of the situation we're in. Can you explain, briefly, the situation? (I.E. Is there a king? What city are we in? Just what's our general surroundings)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aftershock
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JohnAdams on Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:11 pm

Aftershock wrote:This looks very interesting, but you didn't really mention the plot, or much of the situation we're in. Can you explain, briefly, the situation? (I.E. Is there a king? What city are we in? Just what's our general surroundings)

With respect, I believe I did.

Perhaps I did not elaborate enough as to it. For this I must appologize, sorry.

"At the start of this, all your characters will start off by embarking a ship that has ferried them from their respective destinations to this relatively minor port-city. From there the true adventure(s) will begin."

The situation is that of an uneasy peace between the Kingdoms... I prefer not adding names to things unless I have to (or am asked) to reveal it later to add to the suspense (similar to not saying the name of the major villain until halfway into the story.

For this Kingdom, yes, there is a King... For simplicities' sake, his name is Rich, Rich the King.

The port is so anassumeing as to not even warrant a name -- For some odd reason the people of this town- port literally named it Town with a capital T-- to the casual outsider. Those that care to know know it as Town.

I am unfamilar as to how stories start here (having been utterly lost as to where to continue the story from), but my experience in group tales has lead me to follow the following dimention;

I give the brief summary of stories beginning (where characters will arrive), people join up (normally about four, ideally there would be eight before we begin), I provide the disembarking for the characters (literally X,Y,Z, step off the ship), or they do so themselves, their choice, and then I list the details of the surrounding city (taverns, bars, inns, so on, and so forth the people in it, their general personalities, etc.), and then you begin writing full force (the character decides I will enter the inn, meets and talks with said inkeeper etc.) I provide prompts such as X NPC does this, Y NPC does that, you show how your character reacts to that prompt.

Does this at all help?

~John

JohnAdams
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JohnAdams on Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:48 pm

I would like to also discuss the story here. Please, everyone, do not hesitate to ask questions about it.

Have a good day,

~John

JohnAdams
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!