Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

ideas for a role play

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

ideas for a role play

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby demented-tiger on Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:41 pm

I have several ideas for a role play, but I need help fleshing them out/deciding which one:

1. This is kind of a multiverse role play designed primarily for fantasy writers or role players. Basically, characters from different fantasy genres - high fantasy, sword and sorcery, urban fantasy, steam punk - come together in one place. Eventually, they are given a quest, which gradually evolves as new antagonists are introduced or as characters visit each other's universes and face the obstacles there. This model worked well in a previous RP I was in, and that one lasted for almost 7 months.

2. This is another multiverse roleplay. Here characters from a variety of backgrounds are summoned by a goddess of evil and held hostage until they can locate her descendant and protect him from the forces of good.

3. A variation of #2, though more conventional: a goddess of good summons heroes to find and protect both her chosen champion. They must also locate a great hero foretold in prophecy who will assist the goddess' champion in defeating the forces of evil, only to find the forces of evil are also searching for this hero.

4. The king of a great nation must marry off his daughters. One of the "suitors" is the crown prince of a powerful, highly advanced nation who is on a diplomatic mission to establish "trade" with the king's nation (actually, the prince is decieving them). The king sees this as an opportunity to kill two birds with one stone - marry at least one daughter off and gain a new ally. Unfortunately a nation rivalling the crown prince's nation has been spreading dissent among the king's subjects in an attempt to set off a democratic revolution or create a constitutional monarch that would be thier puppets.

5. Two countries have just ended a bitter war in a third party brokered peace. One of the terms of the peace is that the crown prince of one belligerents must marry the crown princess of the other nation. Although the crown prince's family is universally respected and revered because of thier lineage, people of both countries are uneasy with the marriage due to the fact it would be a mixed racial/ethnic marriage in an age where social Darwinism is the norm.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

demented-tiger
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Re: ideas for a role play

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tigeress on Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:32 pm

Explain more on the first three, if you would. They are good topics, but without knowing the specifics your probally going to lack interest :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tigeress
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby demented-tiger on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:10 pm

The first topic is modeled after an RP I had played when I first started RPing. Basically, we would make up a plot as we went along. That is why I would encourage fantasy writers and/or aspiring writers to join - each would ideally have a chance to contribute a villain, obstacle, or quest to the role play. Or, perhaps, the characters themselves could form a conflict as characters from conflicting backgrounds and worlds interacted with each other and thier surroundings.

The second and third are more conventional role plays. They both take place in the same setting and share the same elements. Basically, the world is slipping into a period of darkness in which the forces of evil are gathering strength. This was expected, as the world is governed by a cycle of day and night: sometimes, evil seems rampant (night), and other times, good prevails (day). However, the forces of good remember the last night cycle when evil almost broke the cycle. They now fear evil will try again. Instead, they want to break the cycle and bring about eternal day. On the other hand, both mortals and the gods had been decieved - they had always believed the goddess of the sun and the goddess of evil were the two great powers in the universe: the sun goddess as ruler of the Day and the goddess of evil as ruler of the Night. Little did they know, the goddess of wisdom, a minor diety who is the patroness of scholars and considered an ally of the sun goddess (the Good side), was actually calling the shots. She wants to complete the cycle of Night, even if it means a time of evil and destruction that eclipses the goddess of evil's attempted rebelion.
In idea #2, your characters would be brought together to fight for the goddess of evil, and by proxy the goddess of wisdom, to allow Night to run its course. In idea #3, your characters would be brought together to fight for a goddess of good, and by proxy the sun goddess, to bring about the end of the cycle. I hope this clears things up without giving too much away. Let me know if you want me to expand on anything else, and I will be happy to oblige.

demented-tiger
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tigeress on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:15 pm

Its not bad :) I dunno what to ask though, so give me some time and I'll perhaps come up with somethin.

Tigeress
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby demented-tiger on Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:28 am

Does anyone else find any of these ideas even remotely interesting? If not, what turns you off? Do these ideas just plain suck? I would like feedback please. Are you interested or could you just not give a s**t?

demented-tiger
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chaoicangel on Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:57 am

I like #5.
With love,
Chaoicangel

Chaoicangel
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby demented-tiger on Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:56 am

I appreciate your interest, Chaoicangel. I only wish there were more like you so I could have the confidence to turn one of these ideas into an actual role play.

demented-tiger
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chaoicangel on Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:56 pm

Well, if you wanted, we could probably make #5 into a 1x1 or something.

Chaoicangel
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby demented-tiger on Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:24 pm

That's an Idea!

demented-tiger
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chaoicangel on Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:26 am

:) Yeah, it would be rather easy really. The only characters that look like they need a person behind are the prince and princess, the others can be background characters.

Chaoicangel
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby demented-tiger on Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:55 am

I should have something up either by this evening or at the latest, tomorrow. I'll PM you the link. I may leave it open if others would like to join.

demented-tiger
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chaoicangel on Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:03 am

Okay! Can't wait!

Chaoicangel
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby demented-tiger on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:50 pm

sorry, ran into some internet problems. I'll have something up tommorrow

demented-tiger
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ValaunDae'Voth on Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:09 pm

I like how number one sounds,and I admit I'm not great with plot,but people and places I'm good with.
Image Image

ValaunDae'Voth
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kiyasama on Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:16 pm

# 4 & 5 are really interesting to me. I could do a 1X1 if it doesn't hit off.
ImageImage

Kiyasama
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chaoicangel on Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:24 pm

Ah, that's okay! It happens to all of us!

Chaoicangel
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyavi mortifiedmoon on Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:14 am

2/3 .

nice, that is a great spin on the Daywatch/Night watch film.

reminds me of a confusing Anime . haha.

the group thought they were put together to help a Good goddess become free from her prison,

but she was actually The villian. She needed to sacrifice the heroes to her power, and acheive some psycho world domination.

and The heroes ended up killing the Good guys that worked for the Good side. Thinking they were Good guys killing the evil ones.

o.o

any ways I like your idea.
:P

miyavi mortifiedmoon
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kitara Turner on Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:20 am

These seem very intrigueing. are we ever going to actually rp any of these??
http://midnight-lotus.com needs you! Please, join our small community xx

Kitara Turner
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby demented-tiger on Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:50 pm

I have an OOC for #5 royal-peace-t47586.html. However, is there any particular rp you're interested in, Kitara?

demented-tiger
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asperser on Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:21 pm

@demented-tiger

A friendly tip from one roleplayer to another, please space out your paragraphs in Royal Peace OCC. It keeps things nice and easy to read. Not to mention it's easier on the eyes.
Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.
-Anais Nin

Asperser
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!