Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

RP ideas!

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

RP ideas!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ademaris on Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:37 pm

Hello O People of RPG!

As you can see, I am a recent recruit to this website and I've heard--and seen!--wonderful things about the quality of roleplay that abounds here. It's got me quite excited to partake, but I'm unfamiliar with the system (I haven't done forum-based roleplays before, being most familiar with chat-based instead) and am thus hesitant to plunge in blindly. I figured it would be safest to brainstorm a few ideas before posting a concrete RP, so here are a few (and feel free to add your own!)

1. What about something like "units" that have to work together in groups of, say, 4, to complete a mission? Each member has a specific role, like "handler" or "tech"... but with a twist! Maybe they can communicate telepathically, or maybe each of them is from a different Supernatural race that has to work together to deal with someone that is threatening to expose the Supernatural community? If you don't like the Supernatural aspect, we can go a different route and have them be government agents or something equally bipolar. There are lots of possible variations!

2. You're probably going to roll your eyes at this one, but despite the dangers of horrible cliches, I'm still a sucker for pair-bonding/matching/contractual RPs that force incompatible characters to work together for whatever reason. I basically just defined the cringe-worthy 'arranged marriage' concept, didn't I? I've heard lots of arguments about any such RP being a dead end because there is, generally speaking, only one possible outcome (love/hate relationship at first, eventually fall in love, the end) but I don't mind... it's still a lot of fun to play out, because each couple has a different story and unique set of circumstances to deal with.

3. A pirate RP! The captain has a map that could potentially lead him to a luxurious future full of every worldly comfort imaginable, but first he needs a crew--gunner, surgeon, first mate, carpenter, cook, boatswain, rowers... I was thinking of a ragtag group ;) You know... stowaways, girls who are running away from unhappy betrothals, gamblers who need to escape debt collectors, some relatives, maybe a widow... basically anything goes! The drama would be fun on deck, don't you think?

4. Dragons. I love dragons. Is anyone familiar with the Dragonriders of Pern? If not then I'm open for anything else! As long as it has... dragons (:

5. What about a band? A young group that rose to fame quickly, got too full of themselves, and then disbanded due to scandal and bad press... now, a few years later and each struggling with their own problems, they decide to reunite and try again. Except nothing is ever easy, and they'll need to deal with inter-group conflicts, addiction problems, financial issues, etc etc etc to work together... and to make things worse, their agency will not tolerate anymore scandals, so they've only got one chance to make this work.

6. I have always been, and always will be, down for anything in the Harry Potter universe, be it the next-generation-Hogwarts-spiel or maybe a story about working in Gringotts...

Sorry about the demanding text! I was actually thinking out loud and typed out whatever came to mind. I'm sure I'll have more ideas if none of the above suit you, but if you have any concepts you'd like to brainstorm/variations of anything else, just drop a reply below, or shoot me a PM! I'm open for 1x1 (note: nothing explicit) or group RPs (although I prefer my groups to be small and close-knit, no larger than 6 or 7).

-Ademaris

(Sorry for any typos! I was typing this in a rush.)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ademaris
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: RP ideas!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EnkoKasumi on Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:08 pm

Hi. Are you looking for a group RP or a partner? In case you'd like a 1x1 I'd be willing to try something with dragons. It sounds fun and I never really tried something similar.
"Okay, listen, we should get our stories straight, alright? If anyone asks - and no one's gonna ask, don't worry - but if anyone asks, tell them as far as you know, the last time you checked, everyone looked pretty much alive. Alright? Not dead."
~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

EnkoKasumi
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: RP ideas!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlankForImagination on Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:35 pm

Hey and welcome to RolePlayGateWay. I guess you can say I'm a bit new to the site as well, I joined about a month ago. You made a good choice, you won't be disappointed with this site, I wasn't.
As far as your ideas, I say you have alot of good ones posted there, 1 and 3 caught my attention the most. I personally favor group RPs more, there's more room for unexpected twist and turns.

PM me if you ever get an RP set up because I'm interested.
Crazy is just my stereo type... I'm Insane.

BlankForImagination
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!