Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Immortal Apocalypse Part I: Lindville”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Immortal Apocalypse Part I: Lindville

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abalyth on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:56 pm

"Immortal Apocalypse Part I: Lindville"

The Survival Bargain

On this day of Unknown Measure, approximately two thousand days since all governments failed the people and the emergence of the immortal races, We, the four representatives of the Dominant Species of Earth have gathered to settle the matter of survival and have established this bargain of interlocking relationships. Our hope is to create a city where it can be proven that humans, vampires, werewolves and fallen angels may live together in peace.

Section One
Basic Rights of All
We uphold most of the original laws of this once great nation's Bill of Rights.
I. Speech, Religion, Press, Petition and Assembly. Your right to swing your fist ends where it meets the nose of your neighbor.
II. The freedom to possess weaponry. To use is for the act of protection and/or defense.
III. Search and Seizure: The established government may not search nor seize any item from your house without written permission from a judge.
IV. We the rulers may change this document at any time with consent of the people.
V. You have the right to trial by jury in civil cases. You may request the racial distribution of the jury.
VI. Racism: The degradation of any race is entirely unacceptable and punishable as described in Section Two.
VII. Majority Ages: The age at which an individual is fully responsible for his/her actions. Humans: fifteen years. Vampires: Five years since rebirth. Werewolves: Two years since Change. Fallen Angels: Six months since Fall.
IIX. The Right to Private Council: Any individual may present his or her case in private to the Council, if the council agrees to hear the individual out.
IX. The Executive Privilege: Any member of the council, when on trial for any reason, may demand the private attention of the council to discuss any trial-related material.

Section Two
Hammurabi's Code
Due to the current state of the world, we establish a firm grasp on the concept of "eye for an eye". There are few exceptions to this rule.
I. One may not steal from another citizen- permanent or temporary- of Lindville. If one shall, s/he will lose his or her dominant hand. The sole exception to this rule is children, citizens below the age of majority for each respective race. If no parent is available, discipline is at the consensus of the Court.
II. Murder is defined as follows: A. The forced removal of the soul of any human B. The forced draining of the blood of a human C. Death of any race by the known mechanisms of doing so D. Distributing anything that is known to be fatal to any race E. Direct or Indirect contacting a werewolf with silver F. Refusal of a human to give blood to his or her live-in Vampire; provided the request is within the Vampire's established feeding range and the human is not with child G. Taking the blood or flesh of an expecting mother.
III. The punishments for murder may be as follows, at the discretion of the court: A. Exile and Banishment B. Death

Section Three
Bargains
In order for our various races to survive, we must work together. This is established in the following expectations of all the races:
Humans: Humans are expected to provide basic manual labor and services: food, shelter and running "businesses". It is the responsibility of the humans to be sure there is enough food prepared for the community to survive. This includes the donation of blood once every 100 days, this responsibility is linked to keeping oneself healthy. The donation may be curved if one decides to take in a vampire as a house guard, but the human takes full responsibility for the feeding of that vampire and any s/he hires. Expecting mothers are entirely exempt from blood donation. Blood donation begins once a citizen is of proper weight. Dying humans are required to donate their souls to the fallen angels.
Vampires: Protection of the community during the evening hours. Vampires are also responsible for organizing blood donation of humans and animal blood extraction and storage. Werewolves oversee that appointments are made at the proper timing ranges and that the humans are healthy enough to donate. Vampires are also held responsible for using their enhanced senses to contribute to court cases and the general well-being of society.
Werewolves: Protection of the community during both day and night. Werewolves are also ultimately responsible for hunting all sources of meat for the community. Werewolves all must be members of the Pack during their duration of stay in the community. If a werewolf should die, or be in a dying situation, s/he must donate his or her soul to the fallen angels.
Fallen Angels: The expectations of Fallen Angels is medicinal and judicial mostly. Whenever needed, Fallen Angels are expected to heal any wound they are able to, or attempt to. They also must use any sixth sense available to them to provide information about any possible suspicion of illegal activity and for court cases.

This bargain was created with the intention of the four races to live in peace. If, for any reason, this bargain fails, a new one may be created in its place. We also reserve the right to amend it at any point with permission of the people.

-------
===
------

CHAPTER ONE:
Mysterious Visitors
A mysterious werewolf, Convel, and his small pack have recently entered and became citizens of Lindville. Since their arrival, there have been cases of missing citizens of all races. Some bodies have been found, but as of yet, there is no evidence pointing to them as potential murderers, besides the inconvenience of timing.
This character is an NPC played by me (or if someone else would like to, I will give you her info)
Last edited by Abalyth on Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Abalyth
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Immortal Apocalypse Part I: Lindville

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sangranor on Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:44 pm

Once you're ready, I would like to reserve the Fallen Angel "judge" position. Let me know when you're accepting character applications and I'll send mine in :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sangranor
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abalyth on Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:56 pm

You can go ahead and start creating your characters, the point of my OOC board is to keep the first post updated with which chapter we're on.
I won't be officially accepting characters until probably tomorrow, to give people time to go back and edit and for my own sanity xD.

Abalyth
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sangranor on Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:04 pm

Great! And may I recommend that you draft a copy of the Survival Bargain so we all know the "rules" of conduct in Lindville? I'll especially need a copy as reference when making rulings.

If you need any help with anything let me know.

Sangranor
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abalyth on Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:51 pm

Yes, that will also be when I finish up the OOC first post. The first post will have:
The Survival Bargain
The Chapters we complete and that we are currently on (Basically, the main "plot" of focus)
Leaders and a brief description of them
and anything else I can think of that currently escapes me at the moment.

Abalyth
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ChildishDelusion on Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:03 pm

I'd also like to reserve to Vampire Rep and I'll make a werewolf character as per your permission.

Once Sangranor, I and the future others have their character sheets up we can start discussing the past and how we came to be to give our characters more background info.

I'll start working on my characters anyway, the vampire rep has been submitted so I'll do the werewolf later!

ChildishDelusion
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abalyth on Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:01 pm

Both of your applications look really good, except for one thing on Sangranor's (I'll PM you shortly, it's not really a big deal.)
I almost have the whole stuff written out (writing it in a doc.) I want to make sure it's absolutely correct before I post it for obvious reasons.
My character is the Alpha- that's why I didn't put that position up in the intro. Also, I don't want everyone involved in the RP to know about the backstories of the leaders and their history together for plot-related reasons.
I still need a human leader.

Abalyth
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ChildishDelusion on Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:35 pm

If you want to bump up the roleplay to the first page so people can see it maybe accept a character or two and it'll bring it to a more active state, plus people will see that people have joined the roleplay and be more inclined to take a look!

ChildishDelusion
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abalyth on Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:09 pm

Don't post yet, please. I want to have at least the rest of the power positions filled before we start.

Abalyth
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mat_z6 on Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:23 pm

Could I reserve a fallen angel??

edit: can there be mixed races?

Mat_z6
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ashes-6695 on Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:13 pm

I'll join, the role play looks really good. ^w^

I'm just not sure yet what kind of character i want to play... Hmmmm.... *reads rp for the third time*

Ashes-6695
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abalyth on Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:39 pm

@Mat: No, there can't be mixed races. I thought about it, I really did cause I had my own cool combination but I think it would cause a lot of issues and possibly make someone a little OP for my taste.

@Ashes: You can play up to 2 for now, I might increase it later. So go ahead and take you time, haha.

Abalyth
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sangranor on Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:40 pm

So... now that the first chapter is up, can we start posting? Or is there a post order?

Sangranor
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abalyth on Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:17 pm

Please refer to earlier post.

Abalyth
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mat_z6 on Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:24 pm

Ok ok. So i'm reserved right? and who exactly are the antagonists and protagonists in this rp?

Mat_z6
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abalyth on Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:23 am

There are no reserves for anything, I don't like the idea of them- positions of "power" should go to those who are most fit for them, not just cause someone found the genre first.
Anyone can play any race as a basic citizen, and the two who I've already accepted into the positions of authority I'm sticking to. So, yes, go ahead and make a fallen angel.

Your second question is a little more difficult.
Since it's a "real-life" type of scenario, there really aren't any, it's all about the perception of your character. There are kind of a few "groups" of people who have similar mentalities about things, for example, The Pack (werewolves) who kinda are weary of vampires and take their job of protecting the city very seriously, you have the vampires (this list is by no means absolute, just some examples.) who don't really like the gov't but since they're getting free blood it's kinda like a free ride for them, so they don't really care one way or another. Then you can have humans who think the whole thing is ridiculous and the only reason they're in town is to keep their "friends close and their enemies closer".
For chapter one, from a "loyal citizen" perspective, these mysterious newcomers could be antagonists- things were mostly good before they showed up. Which would make the law and anyone trying to find them protagonists. But, if a citizen made friends with this mysterious person, the positions might be flipped.

I hoped I helped answer your question, or to at least help you better understand the world I'm trying to create. I won't be home for much of the day tomorrow, but tonight I'm going to update the introduction page with our new leaders- who will also be receiving pms... (that abbreviation is bad)... from me either tonight or tomorrow morning to establish our histories.
Then if I have time after that in the morning I might go ahead and make a NPC human model to fill the human leader position until someone comes to fill it, and post my intro. Then I'll be gone for the rest of the night.
So if any of you have *any* more questions, please don't hesitate to ask me, and invite your friends, we could use the people. Just keep in mind I might not get back to you right away.

Abalyth
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mat_z6 on Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:25 am

Hmmmm, I think I see what you're saying. Is it possible for a fallen angel to become mortal again?

Mat_z6
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abalyth on Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:36 pm

No, it isn't.

Though frankly, I might have to limit the number to just the 2 (not including Tribune)... Fallen Angels are supposed to be the rarest type of immortal (in the defense of everyone, I don't think I posted so on the intro page) and since I have 2 in the making and only 1 human I'm feeling a bit off balance. So, Matt and Ashes, I will accept yours, but if anyone else would like to play one I need to see some more other races being made.

Abalyth
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ashes-6695 on Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:55 pm

oh, sorry O.o
I was going to make another character anyway (you said the max was two, right?)
Cause i hadn't been sure what to make in the first place. I made Lex first, though, cause i already had a Fallen Angel character concept. I was going to make a werewolf too, if thats okay.

Ashes-6695
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mat_z6 on Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:12 pm

Alright! I'll get mah character in probably by tonight. Finals just ended and im packing to go home. Ahhh imma gonna miss dorm life. But two weeks of X-mas break! X3

Mat_z6
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!