Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Inferi Decretum: Chapter One

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Inferi Decretum: Chapter One

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:13 pm

The world began to still, cool as the sun fully set. An orange glowed signaled the destruction of the military settlement, the place overall half-burnt to the ground in cinders. Loud slaps pierced the roiling evening air as a figured sheathed in a set of black clothing ran at full speed across the bloodsoaked earth toward the half destroyed APC, a monstrousity of blazing flesh and muscle following close behind. The boy's mind raced just as fast as his legs. A quick leap sent him flying to the side of the shuffler, who's head burst in a small blast of gore a second later. He didn't notice.

"Shit, shitfuck, shit on a goddamn stick!" Sam's breathing was hard and quick. Gunning it at top speed with a 50+ pound jacket and a gym bag with about the same weight took it's toll on a guy.

Only like, thirty feet? he passed by a small group of shufflers feasting on the corpse of an indiscernable John or Jane Doe but Sam took no heed, and merely reflected on his briefly lived life. But once I'm there...what? Whatever... under the mask the young merchant licked his lips nervously, he could feel the vibrations of the Beast at his back. I need to get back that stuff. Maybe I can bribe one of the pigs into helping me? Hmm... the ground grew slick without his noticing, the Beast was slowed and lost a few feet on him now. That bloody chick earlier had some sweet boobs...God what i'd give for some ass right now. Maybe- the teen slipped on a patch of semi-congealed blood and skidded along the ground until smacking into the APC with a dull thud.

"Oh. I'm here." Sam looked up to see the Beast loping right at him and the APC at his back. No time to reload. He didn't even flinch. Well, I'll face my death like a man. his hand slid into his jacket and gripped a small mechanicle device...

A sickening squish sounded off when the Beast's brain snapped off of it's bearing. The great undead instantly fell forward to crush it's graymatter beneath the bulk of it's chest and slid forward. Forward. Closer...coming to a slow halt mere inches from Sam's boots. He let out a breath he hadn't even known he was holding and stared at the hole between the collossal zombie's shoulders. The fires on it were dying down.

"Heh..." was all the boy could say before the darkness of sleep claimed his weary body. Insomnia had finally taken it's toll on his young form and Sam drifted off into a deep sleep. At the moment, no undead were near the APC, the finally felled creature, and the unconcious teenager. For now at least. Of course, if Sam were awake, he'd be more concerned about his wares being jacked by the feds.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rincewind on Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:41 pm

Alexander was fast asleep almost immediately,that was one of the good things about his sleep schedule.He'd trained himself to be able to pass out immediately and his paranoia kept him from falling into too deep of a sleep and the frequent noises of the camps had really made him well versed in hostile and friendly voices.So Alexander didn't lodge a bullet in Nicola's skull for waking him up and instead kicked the door open with a grunt and scrubbed the sleep gunk from his eyes and popped a toothpick into his mouth before spitting it out."God I'm going to have to burn the inside of that truck."Alexander spat into the ground and slammed the door shut.

Again Alexander ran a hand across his stubble and smiled;revealing mostly clean teeth and a tooth in the back.His hands were covered in some sort of alcoholic substance that must have run onto them while he was sleeping and left his attempt at a beard feeling tingly and fresh.Another cascade of bullets told Alexander that another zombie had gotten its head blown off,I've got a contract coming up.I wonder if my skills have gotten too rusty to shoot the zeds?Of course he knew he hadn't but thoughts like that are what kept him practicing as he plopped onto the the hood of his new truck.

His disgust was barely hidden as he raised the hand he'd laid on the truck to find it covered in rust and slid off with as little contact as he could.He faced his vaguely Asian friend smiled."What is it?"
"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in the world; of these heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rincewind
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaostempest on Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:05 am

Nicolai looked at Alex, "well you haven't changed much have you?" He stated standing fully from his crouched position. He looked around at the damage that had been caused and smirked.

"I don't suppose you had anything to do with this huh? I just heard you had returned from your mission and have been looking everywhere for you. I thought you would have been within the city but I guess not. So, how you holding up?" Nicolai asked as he leaned against the truck with caution. He had seen what the results where when placing ones hands onto the hood, he could only imagine what would happen if he touched any other part of the truck.

He eyed Alex for a bit and shook his head, "Dude, you think it's ever going to go back to normal?" He asked with all seriousness in his voice. He had been fighting for what seemed like ages but truthfully it wasn't. He had trained every day since he was able to and had vowed to protect and to kill any zombie that came near and threatened his way of life again. He stood there in deep thought, the world around him seemed to vanish and he stood alone in the dark void.

chaostempest
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rincewind on Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:46 pm

Alexander busied himself scraping rust from his hand and tried not to think too hard about what Nicola had said.Had he changed?No no he couldn't have,he was still the same boy that Elizabeth had fallen in love with back at the compound and once he found her they would be married and live as happily as they could in this hellhole.Alexander didn't know it himself but he clung to this one last ideal in a world that had been severely twisted.In his eyes she was the final thing that he could hold dear to him."No,I'll never change."Alexander smiled in a tired fashion and chuckled."I'll use the bodies as firewood."Alexander replied absentmindedly."Or maybe I'll leave them here and let someone else find them."

Some would see the act as reprehensible but when your life was only hanging by the thread that the government gave you morals went flying out the window.If it wasn't for Elizabeth all Alexander would do was shoot and shoot and steal and shoot and he wouldn't need any fucking contracts or any victims and he would be feared.The littlest of chuckles flew from his mouth as he realized that nothing but Elizabeth kept him from murdering everyone.Had he really gone that far?"No,no it's never going to go back in our lifetime and the best we can do is try not to collapse."

He noticed that Nicolai was lost in thought and used that time to heft the bodies into the trucks and made a mental note to scavenge the crap on them."So,"Alexander said as he chucked the smallest brother into the back,he only chuckled a little when the body bounced and the corpses hands went to its crotch."So Nicolai is a German or Russian name isn't it?You don't seem very German or Russian,what's the story behind that?"Alexander asked.Wait...they were christians and.....well."

Grazie a questa santa unzione il Signore nel suo amore e la misericordia di aiutare con la grazia dello Spirito Santo."Alexander intoned,his hands clutched on his chest and his head bowed for them."Possa il Signore che vi libera dal peccato risparmiare e aumentare fino."He finished and to tell you the truth he felt much better too bad the same couldn't have been said for them.

Rincewind
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaostempest on Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:31 pm

The entire time Alex was speaking, Nicolai was busy thinking about what would happen to the bodies. He kept his eyes on them for any sudden movements and kept his hand on the hilt of his blade that rested upon his back.

"So Nicolai is a German or Russian name isn't it?You don't seem very German or Russian,what's the story behind that?" Alex asked trying to spark a conversation. Nicolai smirked, "well, when my mother was pregnant with me, she thought I was a girl and named me Nicolai. We moved from Puerto Rico to Houston Texas a year after I was born. They all turned and I tried my best to kill them though I am sure there are a couple more of them slouching around out there. I promised my dad I would end them should they turn and that night they where all bitten and turn simultaneously, but my father was a Government Sell Sword and he taught me how to dispatch of them quickly," Nicolai said as his eyes never left the bodies Alex was chugging onto the back of the truck.

Sighing, Nicolai finally let Alex know of his suspicions, "Umm, exactly how do we know those bodies won't reanimate?" He said unsheathing his Pudao as he thought he saw a finger move, though he could be wrong.

chaostempest
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rincewind on Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:37 pm

Alexander responded to Nicolai's question by going back inside of the truck and rummaging around until he found a cleaver under one of the seats.He returned cheerily whistling to keep himself from thinking too deeply about what he was going to do.Alexander swung quiet well and the blade sank into the flesh with a squelch and caused a bit of blood squirted out and run across his neck.Alexander grunted as he ripped the blade out of the new wound and slammed it back in again and again.He repeated it about three times before he heard the snap crackle and pop of bone breaking,after that it was relatively easy to get rid of what was left connecting the head and the neck together and began on the other bodies.

"The naughty little woodpecker
Knocked holes,crumbling the forest
The angry wood god turned his beak to poison
The poor little woodpecker,his nest was poison and his supper too
He touched his friends and they all died
The sad little woodpecker
His little poison tears twinkle and shine
"

A haunting little tune flowed from Alexander's mouth,his lips somehow immediately finding a rhythm in those clumsy words.That bizarre song seemed to fit the mood as he chopped and ripped at the next two bodies and it seemed to put him at ease.It was something his father used to hum whenever he had to dispose of the woodpecker corpses in the garden.Alexander hadn't realized back then how wonderful he had it and how lucky anyone was to even find a forest much less a garden in this godforsaken wasteland."Fly away little woodpecker."Alexander whispered as the blade came down for the final time and the head of whichever brother he was severing rolled off of its neck and lay still on the bed of the truck."There,now come on I've got another contract for some hot chick with a drinking problem so get in the car."Alexander motioned for him to get in the passenger seat and slid into the driver's."Unless you'd enjoy spending a ride with the headless party going on back there."

Rincewind
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaostempest on Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:29 am

Nicolai watched carefully as blood splattered and flesh ripped. The heads rolling until the stopped at the end of the truck bed. Nicolai cautiously knocked them back on and closed the gate of the truck bed. He had sheathed his sword and had listened to Alex sing the haunting tone, somehow matching a rhythm to the clustered words.

With a dazed and confused look on his face, Nicolai stepped back not knowing if Alex was going crazy or not speaking of woodpeckers and such. His mind went back to all those he caught with a net and attempted to cage only for them to die a couple of weeks later. He was in a train of thought when He heard Alex's voice.

"There,now come on I've got another contract for some hot chick with a drinking problem so get in the car." He said making Nicolai snap his attention onto him then the bodies and then to the car. He slowly walked over to the passenger seat and slid inside.

"Dude, we should burn the bodies the first chance we get, and what hot chick?" He asked with a smirk, "I hope this isn't a booty call," He said smiling, "I could use one of those."

chaostempest
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neava13 on Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:28 pm

"Doc!" Her eyes narrowed as she took another couple steps back towards Casey's voice. What was it? Her eyes kept locked to the flickering burning orbs before her, the shufflers where nothing this thing however interested her more then even a panther would. Its eyes were oval, narrowed, forward on its face like a predator.

"Doc" Casey called again she frowned and took a couple more steps back slowly the crouched form moving with her each step as if mirroring her advance. She wanted to take a step forward to see what it would do, though at the same time she just wished someone would blow it to hell.

A huge explosion rocked her sense as the gas tank of the APC exploded sending shards of metal and flame in every direction through the entire settlement. Astrid ducked crouching low and shrinking her neck against her bare shoulders the huge eyes pulled back at the explosion and a low hiss sounded from its form, the other shufflers continued to advance towards the living in the area. One of the ones that had been near Sam shambled closer to his unconscious body taking the easy meal happily unless some one else stopped it from feeding on him. Astrid's ears rang from the explosion as she winced though the flames from the APC added more light to the form before her.

Her eyes went wide as her jaw drop the creature was like nothing she had seen before. It looked like a lion its flesh hugged its cat like skeletal form tightly. Its face was all but a skull though huge black eyes reflected the flames perfectly, its skin was red flesh colored, and hung off of it in places. Its mouth filled with at least 50 sharp needle like curved fangs, its claws curled and dug into the moist dirt before it. Then her eyes trailed down its back towards its hindquarters, it had a long whip like tail that swayed behind it soundlessly. At the end of the tail a hooked claw that was reminiscent of a scorpion's stinger.

"OH my god!" she yelped as her heart went in her throat, the huge lion sized manticore. Her exclamation caused the thing to lurch forward, its skeletal face was almost human looking though as the sharp teeth opened when it lunged at Astrid she shrieked and fell on her butt pulling the trigger of her pistol only to hear a very unsettling, "Click"
Image"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." Buddha

Neava13
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aipsylon on Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:06 pm

A bright flash of light, and deafening sound roared our as the APC exploded in front of him. He held up a hand, squinting to make sure nothing was charging from in front of them from behind the blinding flash, though at the same time he hear Dr. Williams cry out.

"Oh my God."

Jeesus, could the the lady stay out of trouble for five minuets. He had never really met her before, but he was quickly realizing why no one seemed to like her much. As he turned convinced she was not going to fire he took aim hearing the dry click of the gun he hoped that she had sense enough not to point it toward any friendlies in case the shot went off. The bark of his shotgun could be heard once, twice, just to be sure he caught the things brain. The deadweight of it alone would be a lot, he wasn't taking chances with missing its brain or only damaging it. "29"

"Gun there." he could not risk trying to cover both in front and behind them that was a good way to get surrounded. They had to keep moving too or they would be surrounded, but he had spotted a gun dropped by the soldier that had been grabbed by a panther in the early phases of the operation. "Go pick it up, and for the love of God make sure the thing works."

If the lady would shoot instead of just...well whatever it was she was doing. The thing was huge. There was no way it got as close as it did without her having the chance to shoot at it. He saw the shufflers heading toward Sam."Damn this just keeps getting better." he took careful aim, on the one approaching him, hoping that Dr. Williams would at least keep the ones of their back. The round went off, a perfect shot, finally, leaving the shuffler standing there headless. "28."

He took a moment then to look behind him at Astrid to be certain that she hadn't gone to dissecting the strange thing that came after her instead of shooting the shufflers like she should be doing.

aipsylon
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:26 pm

Sam...Sam... the boy's visioned was blurred at first, but a young woman slowly formed in the center of his focus.

There's a girl...cute too. Brown skin, tawny eyes, round face-Ohmyfuckingod that's my sister...wait...aren't you dead? Sam's internal voice asked.

Yup. Pretty much. she responded in a nonchalant tone.

How's that treatin' ya Casey? You look pretty good for a chick who was mauled by infected dogs...

Yeah...you saw that didn't you? before Sam could respond her voice grew cold and tight. And you didn't help, as I recall. I was eaten alive, and you, my god damn brother didn't help me. Did you know they went for my vitals last? Yeah, after your punk-ass ran away I was still alive for, oh I dunno, another ten minutes before one of them finally decided to put me out of my misery.

His eyes welled with tears. Casey had been the only person he ever actually loved, even if it was only platonic. She was right...he had watched her die, almost two years ago now. After a step towards his sister Sam stopped. The woman's face began to flake and pale.

I thought I would have been infected before I actually died at one point, her mouth filled with serrated fangs, but nooo, not Casey. She just had to be resistant. a quick lunge brought the rotting sibling right up to Sam's incorporeal face. Who knows, maybe you'll last as long as I did. her fanged smile was as devoid of life as her words. Lunch time bro.

"Casey!" his ears wear ringing and something was cutting into his side. Sam pushed himself off of the ground to find the dirty floor littered with bits of flaming scrap and bits of metal. Looking back he realized that he had been moved a few feet away from the APC...and that the armored vehicle was in pieces. "Damn...I'm still alive? Huh?" a headless shuffler lay twitching a few feet away. Gross.

A faint throb pulsed in the back of his head, unbeknownst to him from the explosion moments prior. Sam leisurely pulled down his face mask to reveal his entire face for a bit as he withdrew a flask of water. After draining the glass bottle it was returned to the half-opened jacket and he wiped the beads of sweat from his brow with the back of his glove. Replacing the mask upon the lower portion of his face, Sam turned towards the direction of several figures obscured by the smoke. One of them was very large, and definetly not human.

Lots o' freaks this fine evenin. he thought while unhooking the last fragmentation grenade from it's pocket within his jacket before zipping the heavy item of clothing up.

"Ladies and gentlemen, bitches and bastards, corpses and skeletons, the master of ceremonies and themaker of booms has arrived!" pulling both hands away from one another, the pin was pulled and the teen brought his hand back. "Now get the fuck down and away from the big-ass flesh eater! Fire in the hole!"

Of course, he had no idea if those within the smoke were human at all. Either way, that beast was going down. The explosive flew in a shallow arc towards the form intot he haze. Within it bounced off of the manticore's hind quarters before detonating barely a foot from it's crimson legs. Only one way to tell how much damage he had caused. Sam reached into his gym bag to produce a heavy military standard issue rifle that he didn't know the name of. He'd dropped his other shotgun somewhere and to the best of his knowledge, the hotty with the nice boobs still had the Boomstick.

Checking the barrel he found that it was loaded and adopted a kneeling position to get a bead on the large masse's form. He wasn't the best shot, so preparation always helped.

"Anyone still kickin'?"

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neava13 on Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:44 pm

Sadly Astrid had left the shot gun in the dirt when she had grabbed for Casey, the sound of her firing pin catching again on the zombie congealed blood made her heart stop as the Manitcor leapt through the air at her. Then several shots slammed into its head from Casey, black blood exploded from the side of the bone like face though the creature fell to its side the tail lashing out towards Casey and Astrid both. Astrid reached for the side arm that the dead soldier was not using. The Stinger of the manitcor slammed into the ground inches from her face and between her outstretched arms. She gasped and grabbed the rifle rolling back as the tail swung up and arced stinger first for Casey's side. Astrid pointed up at the tail as it slid over her in the dancing flames. She let out a shot from the M40 the thin whip like sinew and bone exploding as the stinger still slang for Casey though he was turning to see it just as it was about to slice into his side. And it was no longer connected to the beast that had whipped it for him.

The bony stinger was coated with black tar like blood, coated with the infection of the purest sense. The Manticore screamed and jumped at Astrid's prone body its long needle like teeth biting down on the muzzle of her M40 and starting to pull back. One of its eyes were missing from the 12 cage buck shot and black blood dripped down its hideously maimed and deformed face at Astrid beneath it. It raised a paw full of razor sharp claws for Astrid's stomach. She pulled the trigger and the back of its huge human like head exploded. At the same moment Astrid's M40 went off the Manticor's back end exploded with the concussive force of the grenade thrown by Sam. The blast shoved the thing forward end over end. The huge red flesh blocking the shrapnel from Astrid and Casey both as it tumbled and fell to Astrid's opposite side ripping the M40 from her fingers and dislocating two of them in the process. Its maimed and dead flesh laying in the space between Astrid and Casey.

Her scream of pain was covered by the blast of the grenade, her ears bled from the concussive force of the air hitting them after the blast. She couldn't hear a thing her eye sight was blurry and her hands hurt, her back hurt, the shufflers near the Manticor were left in shards of flesh some of them struggling to crawl towards the living holding their position in the center of the settlement. Though there were few undead left now, panthers who had been closing in for the kill at the Manticor's back ran off into the tree line disappearing into the shadows their eyes glowing among the trees from the firelight reflecting. Astrid tried to shake off the shock that was collecting at her sense.. she couldn't breath.. she couldn't hear.. she hurt.. and everything was growing dim. The pain of her ear drums exploding from the grenade going off a mere 4 feet from her was enough drop an elephant much less a soft medical technician. She rolled to her side looking at the dead maw of the manitcore and then everything went black.

Neava13
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aipsylon on Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:00 pm

Casey began to turn only to see that the manticore he thought he had put down was not only up, but attacking him, the barb of the tail headed straight for his side. he brought down the but of his gun to catch the tail just behind the barb. His government training covered extensive hand to hand and close quarters combat, but it had never been something Casey had take to well, though he at least had the basics. *Likely fortunately but a bit to his immediate dismay Astrid fired off a shot separating the manitcore's tail.he tried to bring the butt of his gun over, but was a bit slow, missing the center of mass sending it spinning toward him the broad edge catching him in the side. He fell off to his side to absorb some of the blow, the wind still being knocked out of him as he collapsed to the ground.

After a couple hacking breaths he realized two things. One the manticore had pinned Astrid to the ground, and second a grenade had flown over it landing just behind it.

"Fire in the hole."

Casey rolled back placing the Manticore between him and the blast, wincing as a flare of pain rose in his side. He hoped that nothing had broken the skin at least as he mad the choice to cover his ears. He might have bought a few more seconds of Astrid but it looked like she would be able to hold off the thing long enough anyway. In any case he didn't trust the kid that had thrown the grenade to come for them if any shufflers started heading their way. He ducked his head and covered his ears, as the grenade exploded. The concussion was still very loud and he was disoriented for a few seconds as he realized that the remaining zombies, were moving off, well at least the creepy ones. The shufflers seemed to dumb to realize when they were beaten.

He shook his head a few times clearing it and looking down at Dr. Williams, not sure if she had been infected or not. He rolled what was left of the bloody manitcore off of her before he grabbed her around the waist. He pinned her arms to her sides as he picked her up, this way he would have a few seconds to react if she had been changed.

"Hey kid you want to get into the compound loop a coil of rope around that things ankle and drag it with you. If she is herself when she wakes up she'll love you forever."*He chuckled a bit as he realized that was probably true. He would come back in the daylight to salvage his bike and the APC maybe rig something that could run nicely. HE looked around for any other survivors as he turned to head back up to the fenced off section.

aipsylon
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NeonWingedPhoenix on Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:50 pm

All around the survivors the flames burned brightly, the sound of shuffling footsteps and the creak of tin told everyone present that more undead were coming. Shufflers appeared around every turn while panthers leapt from one roof to the next. Moan and growls filled the air and it seemed that the injured and exhausted survivors would be overrun. But, even as the zombies surrounded them, another sound filled the air, a distant thumping that grew closer and closer with each passing second.

Very soon, the thumping noise drowned out every other noise in the area, a strong wind whipped through the burning settlement , making the flames flare up even brighter. A helicopter flew over the settlement, hovering high over the burning buildings. Twin floodlights burst to life and focused on the group of survivors. Octavius leaned out of the side and brought a bullhorn to his lips " Hold tight !" he cried out loudly " Nobody move, We're bringin' the head, Hold your Postions!." he yelled through the bullhorn. The Copter's sides lite up as the heavy machine guns open fired on the shufflers and panthers. The undead seemed to all fall at once as the ground erupted around them from the bullets impacting the dirt, sparks flew from the rooftops as they were shredded by the gunfire.

The chopper moved away from the survivors to another part of the settlement to take care of the undead there. Right as it pulled out, the roar of another engine came from right behind them. Another APC roared into view, taking out a shack two doors down. It came to a stop across the road and the back opened, six men rushed out , two carrying gurneys " Everybody in now, we will take care of the wounded, move it !" yelled a captain. Two men approached Astrid and gently moved her onto a gurney, picking her up and moving into the APC.

They would wait until everyone present got into the APC and the doors would close. The APC would pull out from the settlement, civilians and all and head back to the base. The chopper would land, letting Octavius and three men out near the settlement. Octavius and three other men threw a net over the Manticore as the chopper lowered a cable, which their fastened to the net. They would airlift the manticore back to base with the three men riding atop..the doctor would have something to work on for a while. It turned out that only three had been saved from the settlement, the rest had been gone before they even got there.

NeonWingedPhoenix
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rincewind on Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:00 am

Alexander whistled as the truck woke with a rumble after a few twists of the key and Alexander turned the truck until he was facing the entrance,"No,I don't do booty calls."Alexander told him as they drove out of the sights of New Chicago's sentries on the wall.The roads had become almost nothing from the constant carnage and most maps were useless from their disrepair.Alex simply sat and tried to make conversation with Nicolai before simply closing his mouth and looking at the picture the revolutionaries had given him.He didn't agree with their attempts at overthrowing the government but ammo was ammo and it didn't really affect him.The drive wasn't a particularly long one and Alexander passed the time trying to find some pattern in the static coming from the radio.

Suddenly the radio began to scream,not in the static zap way but in a true human voice and in a tone that was much too familiar to Alexander.It begged and begged but was met with nothing but laughter and the sound of fire.Alexander turned the radio off so hard that he broke the nob."Pah."he said, attempting to wheel down the window and chuck the nob out.A few twists of the car's manual crank later and Alexander had Sasha out and was smashing the window in partial necessity,since it was pretty hot,and in part anger at his mind playing tricks on him.Once Alexander had discarded the nob the rest of the drive was focused on not crashing the truck long enough to reach the target;which was quite a task for him seeing as he'd only drove five times before this and his nerves were being grated by allowing himself to slip into that delusion.

The truck's engine,which had been quite a noisome nuisance throughout the drive was slowly but surely dwarfed by the sounds of battle and the roaring of the zeds.Alexander whistled at the carnage and shrugged."I'm not going to die yet and I have orders to make the murders seem like an accident so I'm just going to go over to her computer and fuck with it a bit to see if I can find something about her daily life.She dies inconspicuously."Alexander told him,the tide of zombies seemed to be ebbing,whoever was fighting against them must have been doing a good job.

"So,let's go?"He said,a weary smile gracing his lips as he carefully pulled Sasha from her holster on the inside of his trench coat."Well,we're going to go around the combat and if we see anything rather...infected looking we'll clip them on our way around,I'll sneak in through the back and take care of things and you'll stand guard outside,make some noise if someone shows up while I'm working alright?"Alexander and Nicolai had been working together on the more difficult jobs and Alex had their combos memorized for each type of gig they were contracted to do.

Rincewind
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaostempest on Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:55 am

The ride for the most part was quite entertaining. Watching Alex desperately try to roll down the window and eventually smashing it made Nicolai smirk, he held in his laughter as he didn't want Alex mad a him.

They rode for only a short time before they came to a halt and Alex filled him in on what was to be done. The Zeds seemed to be occupied as they pulled up a distance away. Nicolai already had his weaponry holstered on him, but to the normal eye it looked as if he was unarmed. The occupied Zeds made it easier for Alex to slip in but Nicolai had to stay out here with those fucking things and he just hated it when they spotted him and wanted a quick lunch, which he denied them every time.

He followed behind Alex until the reached the back. Alex slipped in and he rested against the wall.

He decided to get a better view point. He climbed a nearby dead tree with expertise. He would have thought the tree would have crumbled but it held his weight just fine. He kept a hand on the hilt of his pudao just in case something was to break off. He already knew how Alex worked, quick and expertly and their combos where always on point.

He waited, doing as Alex had asked him, watching and waiting hoping none would show up while Alex was working.

chaostempest
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:23 pm

"Huh?" the blast caused by the grenade cleared away the thin wall of smoke, showing quite an odd scene. A crimson fleshed cat-demon thing rolling a few feet away, the bloody scientist lying prone on the gore splattered earth, and the soldier with the wrecked bike looking down at the woman. Sam arose from his beaded crouch and slowly made his was over to the pair, stomping on and shooting a few debilitated shufflers on the way.

Samuel's gaze turned to the manticor and his eyes widened in awe. Seeing a roided-out shuffler was one thing, but a panther that...well, was actually a panther? It was amazing. Astonishing. Awesome. What genetic information he could glean from the monster! Information the young merchant could use to better understand the zombie form and defend and repair against it's attacks. the couple vials of panther blood in one of the many pockets of the heavy coat was all but forgotten in his awe.

"That's freakin' sweet." he muttered. Next he looked over to see the soldier hoisting Astrid up onto his shoulders.

"Hey kid you want to get into the compound loop a coil of rope around that things ankle and drag it with you. If she is herself when she wakes up she'll love you forever." Casey said with a laugh. Sam's eyes stayed even but beneath the mask there was only a sneer. Like I would want to be apart of your little lapdog set up you stupi sunnova-

"Cool! Love is always good. Sells well too-" his voice was cut off mid-sentence by the roar of a helicopter. Sam raised a hand to keep the glare from the spotlight from his eyes and stared up at the vehicle.It was hard to tell with the light in his eyes, but it looked like some beefy black dude with a bullhorn was leaning out the side of the copter.

"Hold tight!" he cried out loudly "Nobody move, We're bringin' the head, Hold your Postions!" it was pretty clear what he wanted the small group to do. Crashing sounded off not too far to Sam's left, and yet again his gaze was torn from the original piece of interest to view the newest variable. Another armored vehicle came smashing through some half-destroyed houses and came to a grinding halt a few meters away from the zombie-ass-kickin' trio. Sam would work on the name later. A group of half a dozen men erupted from the steel cage on wheels, two with those mobile medical beds. For wounded he supposed.

"Everybody in now, we will take care of the wounded, move it !" the man shouted again.

Ok...cool. An unexpected rescue is always nice. Once inside the APC Sam took a seat and waited for the others to get loaded on. The leather was actually kind of comfortable...his brown eyes slowly descended, heavy eyelids shutting into place. Once again the teenager drifted off into fitful sleep. This time there would be no interruptions.

Hopefully.

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neava13 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:22 pm

The medical unit was untouched hidden high above the valley the settlement had once been. Smoke coiled through the mobile medical unit's camp and those an guard were on edge. The Helicopter airlifted all those who had been at the settlement a couple miles to the medical area. The staff had expected the APC back several minutes before, and their tardiness had spread a bit of panic through the unit. The guard stood motionless watching in object horror as those they worked with were killed and maimed before their eyes far below. The chopper came as a welcomed surprise, though they hadn't radioed for them, all they could guess was that the officials had sent it in response to the guard and commander's report of the settlement being overrun. Astrid was taken into quarantine stripped, cleaned from head to toe, and then stitched. The others were also cleaned and put into separate metal isolation rooms after being given clean clothes and food. It was standard procedure 30 minutes of isolation before release and health inspection. Most of their cloths had all been burned though their equipment was cleaned and set in lockers for them to retrieve once their 30 minutes had passed.

Astrid had not waken after treatment, though her vital signs showed all to clearly that she was indeed not infected. The manticores body was sent to the morgue and put on ice until Dr. Williams would be healthy enough to perform a full analysis on the corpse. The body had to be cut in two in order to fit in the normal lockers, though that was common enough practice since beasts had to receive the same treatment. The three surviving settlers were also put in isolation after being cleaned. One of them was a young boy about 7 years old who had been hidden under the floor boards of the family’s home. Another was a woman that had locked herself in box, and the final was a man who had been out on patrols during the attack and had been the last survivor of the patrols. They had lost 6 of their already depleted guards in the settlement raid. The government recon team who had arrived in the helicopter staid to secure a full report from each individual including the merchant Sam.

Alex and Nikolai's truck had been spotted from the bluff as they advanced towards the medical unit. Though they wouldn't know until they actually reached the guards defence line, at which point they would be treated as hostiles or possible infected and apprehended dead or alive, stripped, cleaned, and placed in isolation. Their weapons placed in lockers, fighting the guard would end with their death since the guard had three 50 cal mounted tank busters, as well as M40s, Shot guns, AK47s, and a couple M16's at their disposal. Flood lights would drench the entire area in light after the injured had been brought in; the perimeter tighter than a penny pinching government tax collector.

From the darkness there was another unseen perimeter forming, this one was just as tight, though far more subtle. Fifteen panthers lurked in the trees motionless and silent all the way around the edge of the camp. They did not move to attack those that got close enough, they did not stalk or even react to light that might shine in their direction. To those on the guard, they would be utterly invisible looking like little more than the twisted trees they clung to. However the forms watched motionless in a manner very much unlike the normal panther everyone had become accustomed to. The eyes of the panthers trained on every corner of the outside of the camp, taking in information much like spy cameras.

Neava13
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aipsylon on Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:14 am

Casey looked around, the scene about them none to good, a kid that seemed to have some sort of fainting disorder that was probably still alive because he knew how to throw a grenade, Astrid was out cold and it seemed they would not be getting help on the ground, and it was a long trip back to the facility. He brought his walkie up to his mouth to announce that they were on their way out of the city and back to the compound. When he heard the spinning blades of a chopper off in the distance.

He half looked up to the sky still wary of the panthers sitting quiet in the night. he didn't know where they were, but he had seen a number of them while on his way into the settlement. The chopping of the blades got louder as he moved toward an open area about half a block away. Taking behind the last bit of rubble before the open area he heard The man shout out,

"Hold tight !" he cried out loudly " Nobody move, We're bringin' the heat, Hold your Postions!."

He ducked down to take cover behind the rubble there as the gun went hot, mowing down the zombies in the area. As they stopped firing he waited a couple of seconds for things to cool down, making sure that none of them got back up again before the stood again. Just then the APC crashed knocked over a nearby building that had barely been standing. and he looked a bit off to the left to see it arrive. six men came out with two stretchers, and he walked out from behind the cover. As they came over to him he helped them place Astrid on the stretcher before heading off to the APC himself.

The pain in his side started to really bother him as the adrenaline in his system wore off. Funny thing how it kept you going, but also kept you in the dark as to how much you were actually hurt. He remembered seeing one mans arm completely crushed by a beast. The man screamed when it got crushed, but a few seconds later did not seem bothered by it. He spent most of the ride back holding his side with his arm tucked in close to stop anything from bumping it. He was sure that he had a couple of bruised ribs, but they weren't tender enough to be broken.

As he arrived back at the compound he headed up to the isolation rooms. He set his AA-12 down on the counter before unstrapping the fuel tanks and placing his flamethrower down as well, home made, not government issue. He winced slightly as he went to take off his boots and it was clear that the two others in the room got anxious upon seeing that, gripping their guns a bit tighter. They relaxed when he pulled off his shirt, revealing the large bruise on his side. Whilst they were nasty a bruise would not get you infected.

He finished getting undressed and cleaned himself of well and good before heading over to isolation. Thirty minuets in a box while the mess with my things. 'I was supposed to just have a nice boring guard shift. Then they get in trouble then, I get ripped off my bike, now I am stuck in this box for half an hour being evaluated instead of laying down while I get better.' As he finished his mental rant he took a deep breath and sighed, looking to the clock outside the quarantine box. 5 for minuets. It was like a bad joke he thought.

Finally the thirty minuets was up. He put on the new clothes provided for him and he headed down to the medical facility to be treated for his wounds. He got his ribs wrapped, as the doctor told him he was lucky that that was all he got. "Yeah, well what can I say I'm Irish." He chuckled a bit settling down from the long night, and it wasn't even over yet. He still had to take apart and clean his weapon before heading to bed Hopefully he would be able to go retrieve what was left of the APC and his bike the next day, they could use the parts from them as the world was falling apart, fewer and fewer of the machines working, hopefully the new cities would change that.

aipsylon
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby itsaforeverthingxx on Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:01 am

Elle smirked as the buggy seemed to come to a spinning halt from her MB’s. Smirking, she realised through all the dust she still couldn’t make out where her target had bolted off to, or if she had even left her vehicle. Tilting her head, she kept Birdie loaded and waiting. “Just try it,” she responded to the obviously feminine voiced threats, “Chances are I’ll blow your arm off before you even flex that finger of yours.” Lie, but this chick didn’t have to know that. Elle shifted uncomfortably as the weight from Birdie started to really affect her aim. Even if she had a clear view of her attacker she wouldn’t get a good shot in.

The vehicle was still running, so Elle had the guy feeling Missus Kill-first-talk-later was still in the driver’s seat. However, one thing Elle learnt early on is to never simply assume. Taking a gulp to get rid of the lump that was steadily making its way up her throat, Elle continued to twitch from the threats being thrown at her. “Army, huh?” she chuckled, “Well, good luck, you’ll need it.”

As she said this, Elle launched herself off of the rock with her good arm, running with Birdie still hoisted up on her shoulder. “And stop calling me an ass! Lady, if you had a gun you woulda’ used it by now.” Again, Elle was only assuming, after all, she herself hadn’t made any direct attacks as of yet. Skidding to a top, dirt flying up in all directions from her boots skidding across the barren terrain, Elle finally had a clear shot at the vehicle – but not the driver. “Motherfu- where the hell- dammit, I’m over this...”

Elle was tired, grumpy and the grumbling of her stomach may have led someone to believe she was incredibly grumpy. “Plus, you woke me up trying to pan-cake me back there; I should just blow your head off right now!”

If she knew where the damn person was!
Don't ask me for the time, I never have it

itsaforeverthingxx
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby itsaforeverthingxx on Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:01 am

Elle smirked as the buggy seemed to come to a spinning halt from her MB’s. Smirking, she realised through all the dust she still couldn’t make out where her target had bolted off to, or if she had even left her vehicle. Tilting her head, she kept Birdie loaded and waiting. “Just try it,” she responded to the obviously feminine voiced threats, “Chances are I’ll blow your arm off before you even flex that finger of yours.” Lie, but this chick didn’t have to know that. Elle shifted uncomfortably as the weight from Birdie started to really affect her aim. Even if she had a clear view of her attacker she wouldn’t get a good shot in.

The vehicle was still running, so Elle had the guy feeling Missus Kill-first-talk-later was still in the driver’s seat. However, one thing Elle learnt early on is to never simply assume. Taking a gulp to get rid of the lump that was steadily making its way up her throat, Elle continued to twitch from the threats being thrown at her. “Army, huh?” she chuckled, “Well, good luck, you’ll need it.”

As she said this, Elle launched herself off of the rock with her good arm, running with Birdie still hoisted up on her shoulder. “And stop calling me an ass! Lady, if you had a gun you woulda’ used it by now.” Again, Elle was only assuming, after all, she herself hadn’t made any direct attacks as of yet. Skidding to a top, dirt flying up in all directions from her boots skidding across the barren terrain, Elle finally had a clear shot at the vehicle – but not the driver. “Motherfu- where the hell- dammit, I’m over this...”

Elle was tired, grumpy and the grumbling of her stomach may have led someone to believe she was incredibly grumpy. “Plus, you woke me up trying to pan-cake me back there; I should just blow your head off right now!”

If she knew where the damn person was!

itsaforeverthingxx
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!