Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Interest check for a Super Robot Wars-based RP on tokusatsu

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Interest check for a Super Robot Wars-based RP on tokusatsu

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ominae on Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:02 am

Putting this up as my first interest check for a forum RP that's based on Japanese/Asian-made tokusatsu shows, but has a structure based on Super Robot Wars and on a lesser extent, the Compati Heroes series.

Characters can be chosen from all forms of it, including Super Sentai/Power Rangers, Metal Heroes, Kamen Riders and other shows considered to be tokusatsu in the Japanese definition as long as the character can change from civilian to their hero forms, although there was others who are exempted from this such as a few android characters.

Title is "Super Hero Taisen: Battride Wars".

Even if this exists in TV Tropes, I see that the RP may die soon since one of the supposed players got into an argument over characterization since I started the RP there in America when his character speaks Japanese. I hope this drama doesn't get into a replay here. Sigh...

Anything to say, such as suggestions or thoughts are allowed. No signups yet until I can gauge how many people are interested.

1. What's the RP about

- It's about heroes from various Japanese/Asian tokusatsu shows who team up against a mysterious villain who wants nothing more than to conquer the world by putting it in chaos.

2. Why is it better than rest?

- I intend to play this as a homage to toku shows that came from Japan, albeit with very dark twists and plotlines along the way.

3. What do you want from potential roleplayers?

- Nothing except to have good spelling, grammar and to write up more than 2-3 sentences each, depending on what is happening. I'm not strict on this, but don't post one-liner posts.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ominae
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: Interest check for a Super Robot Wars-based RP on tokusa

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mome on Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:02 am

I'd join this in a heartbeat! <3 always wanted some screwy tokusatsu roleplay to join! As a kid I made up my own moves to transform (albeit I was stuck between mahou shoujo and tokusatsu so yeah LOL). I'd enjoy the darker twists you have in mind though. :'D i suppose we want a deeper storyline than just kicking ass while looking good. ;D

speaking of the magical girls, it'd be funny if we could somehow include mahou shoujo's as misguided bad guys -- a not-so-serious suggestion, but a suggestion nonetheless LOL

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

mome
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!