Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Interest Check (New setting)

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Interest Check (New setting)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:05 pm

Hi. I'm new to this forum and so I'm not sude if I'm doing this right, but I was wondering if people would be interested in taking part in a setting I've developed. I've got a number of ideas for plots but what I was mainly interested in is what other people could do when allowed to run free wth the setting I've created. I'd like to see what people think of it and what ideas they come up with.

The setting itself is a high fantay (I guess) with the typical range of fantasy races and a few more besides (And I'd be more than willing to allow people to introduce their own if they wish, so long as we can come to an agreement about what is 'reasonable'). Magic exists but is very rare for the most part and overtly supernatural forces (Demons, Vampires, Monsters, Gods etc) are largely unknown and thought of as myths by most people. The setting itself has a wide variety of countries (largely based on our own ancient history) that are entering a rennaisance of sorts, wth science and exploration taking off in earnest, giving participants the freedom to be the first to explore new places and make names for themselves.

I have a fair bit of material written up on this setting but wanted to make sure people were interested before I cluttered up the forums with information that might never be used. :D It is my hope that people will take what I've written and add something of their own to it.

Is anyone interested? have I made any major breaches in ettiquette/common sense? Should I get out and never come back? :lol:
There was a signature here.

It's gone now.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mr D
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Interest Check (New setting)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Omnistrife on Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:38 pm

This is some of th ebest material I have seen today =D
If you post it be sure to see me join in.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Omnistrife
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Indomitus on Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:11 am

sounds interesting, not sure I fully understand but I"m here willing to help out and run rampant in a new place :D
Some things are far worse then those that go bump in the night.
The things that don't.

Indomitus
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xlugon Pyro on Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:59 am

Looks interesting. I'll give the final product a look and choose to join or not then.

Xlugon Pyro
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jewelcast on Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:13 pm

If the setting's good, I'll pitch in too. :)
Nindyn vel'uss kyorl nind ratha thalra elghinn dal lil alust.

Jewelcast
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:27 pm

In that case I shall post what I've written soon.

Out of interest, should I do that in this thread or startone in the People and Places subforum?

Mr D
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Omnistrife on Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:02 pm

Do it in another forum, for sure.

Omnistrife
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:01 pm

Well, everything I've written so far in regards to the setting is now posted here. If anyone's still interested then we can start throwing around ideas.
Last edited by Mr D on Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr D
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:03 pm

If anyone's still interested I've got an idea that stands out from the others and might make for a good RP.

Nemesis:

Over a decade ago the nation of Valania, which for so long had stood as the last line of defense against the mighty empire of Sarife was occupied and subjugated by the forces of Sarife. The heir to the throne, Lucius Delacroix was captured and held as a political hostage by the Emperor and imprisoned within the walls of his grand palace. There Lucius planned to wreak his vengeance on those who betrayed his family and usurped his throne. Now he must put that plan into action. However, to do so he will need help, for he faces the wrath of an empire.

Players will take part in political intrigue and subterfuge as Lucius and his new allies must avoid betrayal and plotting on all sides to overthrow a tyrant and liberate a nation.

I imagine it being quite heavy on character interaction and plotting between the different factions with alot of backstabbing.

Anyone interested? Anyone want to suggest any ideas of their own?

Mr D
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PhoenixAerith on Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:35 pm

Wait, wait, wait.. Political as in all the government stuff, talking, arguing, debating.. and the breaching of the rules?

O . o Is violence allowed? As in.. can we severely injure other players?

PhoenixAerith
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:05 am

Wow. Didn't think anyone would reply to this after so long.

I've redesigned the idea for Nemesis considerably since I first posted this and now that I'm ready to start posting here again after a long haitus I was going to try rebooting several of my old RPs, including this one.

The short answer is yes, violence is allowed, even encouraged, if it gets results. :P But of course you can be as much a victim as an instigator if you're not careful. :D

Mr D
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!