Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Interest Check - Realm vs. Realm Roleplay

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Interest Check - Realm vs. Realm Roleplay

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Writtenlove on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:02 pm

Alright guys, so here's my idea...

You see, I was bored in the middle of lunch today, and so I was sitting in a room with a few friends. A few of them are fairly decent roleplayers themselves, but it wasn't one of them who helped me come up with the idea. It was actually another, a writer by his own accord, who helped it pop into my head. He said something about an idea for a story he was writing, something to do with a few mythical creatures [vampires, werewolves, etc. etc. etc.] vs. humans. Sort of a.. realm wars type of thing.

And that, I found, was a grand idea. So, asked him, "Hey [insert name here], would you mind me using that for a roleplay on a site?" And he nodded at me and said that it would be fine. And SO here's the idea!

What I was planning was, basically, realm vs. realm. Humanity vs. The human-like creatures we've all read about in book after book, story after story. I'll have to take the time to specify a few species and make forms for each accordingly, but first I need to know if anyone would be interested in something like that!

So, if you're interested, or if you have suggestions, OR if you see some way you could help, please leave a reply to this! This would be my first roleplay on here that I went and made, so be gentle!

Thanks you guys! I hope to see some sort of response soon! :D

Yours in Eternity,
Annie AKA WrittenLove
"Sometimes you just have to pick up the pieces and move on." -Me

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Writtenlove
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Interest Check - Realm vs. Realm Roleplay

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:10 pm

Heh, definitely worth trying out, and at the least looking into.

I vote yes!

If you do actually make this thing i'm in for sure ^^ (humans ftw)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby saranm on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:16 pm

I might be interested, it really all depends on who's idea of werewolf, and who's idea of vampires, and etc...
"Sad, terribly sad" said the reader to the writer, "one of the characters in my book died." The writer smiled "I know the feeling, so did mine."

The lifespan of Kirant: Image

saranm
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Culex on Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:27 am

I agree with saranm, the portrayal of said mythical creatures is of the upmost importance to roleplayers like myself. I'm interested, if I like the portrayal of the creatures in question.
“I am matter... I am antimatter... I can see your past... I can see your future... I consume time... And I will consume you!”

Culex
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Writtenlove on Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:51 pm

Hmm.. Well saranm, Culex, I'll see what I come up with as far as the species are concerned. May make a "Shapeshifter" Species just for the sake of the conspiracy between the Twilight werewolves and the classic ones. The vampires, on the other hand, I'm not entirely sure about, but I will look into it!Thank you both for the opinions, they are much appreciated.

And Ghaarme, first off, I like the name. Very out-of-the-ordinary ^^. Secondly, I'm happy that you'd be in on the idea. I think I may just give it a shot. I've been slowly coming up with forms for the creatures, and the human form will be a piece of cake!

Writtenlove
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zewei on Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:11 am

would be awesome, but what era are the humans in?

Maybe it's the era we live in now.

'Cheong Ze Wei was walking along a path, where he saw a guy who flew in the air. It was a vampire, and he chickened out, running to his house in order to grab his gun.'
Injuries of the heart is the hardest to heal, for it actually takes time and will to embrace the pain, and be affected by it.

zewei
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Writtenlove on Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:12 am

Uhmm.. Cheong, this is just an interest check ^^' the actual roleplay is still under construction, but I'm glad you seem interested!

Writtenlove
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zewei on Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:23 pm

-_-
points to own post*

answah the question.

zewei
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Writtenlove on Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:50 pm

Oh! Sorry ^^' Spaced out
But basically fairly modern, maybe a little bit into the future, but not enough to change much.

Anyway, I think I've decided to follow through with this. I should have the OOC up sometime this week, if I don't get sidetracked or continue to lose things.

Writtenlove
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Writtenlove on Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:45 am

Oh my gosh, I totally spaced on this! Sorry guys >.<
Uhmm... To be honest, now that I look over this, I may not decide to make it. Though I do have another idea concerning a story I'm writing out right now. We'll see if it gets anywhere, though! ^^

Writtenlove
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!