Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Interest Check: Secret Society

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Interest Check: Secret Society

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby serenitykmoon on Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:41 pm

Alright ladies and gents. I am working on a book. Slowly. As in, most of the time I get tired of writing it so it just gets thrown away back into its folder. I decided, that I would make it into a role-play, and let people enjoy it, and have a hand in making it something I haven't even gotten far enough into thinking it would become.

Do not worry, I don't have the desire to take your ideas and make them into my book, though, if I decide I'm bonkers over it/the ideas, I'll say something to you. I'm not rude like that.

Anyways, here's some stuff.

In celebration of our 600th year, D'Amore Island is opening slots for 10 lucky students to attend our University.
We are seeking individuals with exceptional talents and vast dreams.
Creative individuals who differ from the rest.
If this is you please apply.
Travel and lodgins are taken care of as long as you are a student.
More details will follow if you're accepted.

In 1414 a young woman came into the town of Dragmore. A large bustling city filled with stalls of traders selling all kinds of foods and wares, from the most common to the most rare and priceless items from countries unimaginable. Kings treasures and rich meats, grains and animals, silk cloths, and golden threads. The city flourished rich in coin, and the day that young woman came into town, everything changed. Natalia, a young woman of only 19 brought into the town, over 300 men. Large strong men that she had brought from many countries, scholarly women, treasures, cloths, and clothes unseen and heard of by even the most seasoned sellers in Dragmore. The King of Dragmore - a man in his 40's Kalven, met with Natalia in his palace where she offered him many riches and treasures in exchange for the island in the middle the lake that Dragmore was famous for. The lake was so large it was almost considered a small ocean. Connected to the ocean by a deep river that brought sailors and travelers directly to port, an island sat in the middle. Empty and overgrown by large trees and many beasts. A deal was struck - she may have the land to build this university but only selected families were to be invited for 600 years. After many days of discussing the university, its courses, and its desired attendees the King and Natalia set to work on creating this vision.

A bridge 10 miles long was soon built connecting the mainland to this plot of land for the first time in hundreds of years. The 300 men brought with her set to work clearing the land, and after only 15 days the land was clear. Piles of supplies littered the ground, logs stacked neatly as high as the eye could see, and fires burned the brush, trash and unwanted pieces of supplies that were unusable. Men and women from the town were hired to take these items away and use as the town saw fit, bringing in an even more flourish able economy. Over the next few months - rather quickly for the time - walls were built up, a town was built and a giant stone building was put up. The gates made of solid oak stayed closed while the construction happened and anyone trying to cross the bridge to the island was quickly stopped and turned around. A law was passed that prohibited ships from going to island, only a select few were able to stop at the custom made docks, all the rest of the supplies were brought in by secret members of the Kings Guard. A year had passed and finally the island was ready. A notice went out into the town of Dragmore asking for only the best of the best in trades to apply to Natalia on the island. Only the best bakers, book binders, alchemists, teachers, cooks, and other members of trades were hand selected by Natalia herself and brought to D'Amore Island. Soon letters were sent to prestigious families all over the world inviting them to send their children and families to the school and word about the university spread like fire filling the island to the brim. Only 60 families were invited, and each family accepted the invite.

~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone knew that D'Amore University had its secrets. Besides the fact that no outside families and students were taken in, there was something different about it, even the air was different. Many rumors circulated the founding family, the current members being Amelia – the schools principal and president, her husband Bane and their daughter Serenity. The family kept to themselves mainly, keeping their daughter away from people once lessons were over, it was almost as if she disappeared. One of the most famous rumors of the school was about the idea of there being a secret society. The society was said to have been created when Natalie and King Kalvan agreed on the plans for the island.

Many outsiders and a few insiders have tried to expose the society, setting traps of all sorts for the members, but nobody has fallen for them and for that the members to this day had never been exposed. Nobody will come outright and tell you the truth, but those who live on the island know the truth: the society exists, and it is in fact not a rumor. The secret society to the outside people has no name, but to those inside; the name is as important as their own identity. With a history that can be dated back a thousand years, and bathed in magikal teachings and practices, the members have become a tight knit family.

~~~~~~

So yes, you're basically doing some kind of high school, fantasy, modern day,thing. What am I doing? I don't know. It's just an idea. Don't slap me.
I really do love feedback, so please leave some for me.
If you wish to get ahold of me, just note me. I don't bite!
I specialize in Romance, Fantasy (More magic than anything), Mystery

Keep an eye on my upcoming psych thriller!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

serenitykmoon
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: Interest Check: Secret Society

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Glory on Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:27 pm

*Slap* I like it, sign me up.

To be clear though, you did a wonderful job explaining the setting but almost nothing on the story itself. Will we be playing members of the secret society or normal students? Is the secret society seen as a threat, or do many in the school wish to be apart of it? You said the secret society practices magic, is this uncommon in this world?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Glory
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Recruiter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!