Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Interest Check [Avatar-The Last Airbender]

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Interest Check [Avatar-The Last Airbender]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:35 pm

Well I'm a big Avatar Fan, I own Season 1 & 2, and eventually 3. As seeing the current events coming, I had the idea to create a RP based of the Avatar, the plot would be very similar, but we could mess it up greatly, and have a little fun too, but I think the Main-Characters should be the same. First most, if you're going to play the Avatar, I need a Well Exp. RPer, someone who is active as well, I may play it myself, but I don't feel for playing a Main-Character. Anywho if you are interested then please post here. I also need help on creating a Plot and such.
Last edited by RemÃĻus on Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected a typo in the title.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Re: Interst Check [Avatar-The Last Airbender]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Parivill on Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:39 pm

I'd Love to join, I just got back into the series after a very long break (Cable Bills, what bitches!!) Anyways, Would we need to play a canon character or would it be ok to make a few OCs, cause I had a very good character idea for a spin off series in my head for a manga that I never actually wrote...
Famous Last Words From D&D

Come on, EVERY evil wizard's tomb has a way out!

Hmm...how do we know you are the REAL Angel of Death?

Hey, it's only a black dragon, a vampire, and a lich.... and we've got a horn of bubbles!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Parivill
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lamentations on Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:40 pm

Hey im in..seen every episode besides the last 3..im stuck on the one where Aing gets his knew fire bender teacher, and or whatever, big fan of it, ill help if needed, im in, 2 many commas, yea i agree XD.
Yea just to let you know im geeked out over it, so to clarify what i just said im the man you need

Lamentations
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:42 pm

Well yeah were gonna need some of the Main Canon characters, but a few of them are only shown through segments, so I could easily add more as time goes, we will start on Season 1 and so on, so we will get characters as we need them, but of course we will need OOC Characters. I might even just work of whatever we got on characters. Perfect, ummm well for both of you, I need help before the fun starts, I need help on Canon characters as well as a basic plot to work after.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Parivill on Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:45 pm

Where exactly in the timeline of the series would we be starting?

Parivill
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonspirit22 on Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:46 pm

I LOVE YOU. I REALLY DO. Basically, I'm also a huge avatard, and I would love to join any Avatar RP there is. I could help you out with anything Avatar related, I'm also going to watch The Southern Raiders tonight at 8:00 P.M. Eastern standard time on channel 33, for those of you who don't know that 316 is going to be on tonight. Aldo, another question, are we going to begin the RP once Sozin's comet airs (on Saturday at 8:00 PM eastern standard time on Channel 33, 2 hour movie, again for those who don't know) or before that?

Moonspirit22
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:52 pm

After the Comet, yes we will begin after that episode, so most likely after this weekend, by then I should have the ideas somewhat written up. Now for now this is the list of needed Characters, the others well can be side-played.

Also a note, we can change the names of these characters and such, but their main point in the story does not change, Katar and Aang still have minor romance, Sokka is still a little naive, etc.

Canon Characters

Aang-Near
Katara-Moonspirit22
Sokka
Toph-Parivill
Prince Zuko-OverlordLaharl
Princess Azula
Iroh

Optional Characters

Suki
Mai
Ty Lee
Jet
Fire Lord Ozai
Avatar Roku [Can Be Played By Whoever plays the Avatar]
Last edited by Maestro on Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lamentations on Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:55 pm

I call prince Zuko =D

Lamentations
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonspirit22 on Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:57 pm

Another question: How are we going to choose our characters? I mean, are we just going to fill out a profile, or do we choose now?

Moonspirit22
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:57 pm

Very Well, I'll just take Aang, I like him, and well somewhat act liek him anyway so.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Parivill on Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:58 pm

I'll take Toph if we're not opening it to OCs yet...actually I'll take her anyways. It'll be fun to play a different gender for a change, tho she acts so much like a guy anyways it doesn't make that much of a difference... :)

Parivill
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonspirit22 on Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:05 pm

Katara for me, please.

Moonspirit22
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:12 pm

Okay, now I need help, where should this RP start, in the very start, or somewhere in the middle, or somewhere else all together?

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lamentations on Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:17 pm

Hmm it depends on what the plot is.

Lamentations
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Parivill on Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:19 pm

We'd probably have to do it somewhere in the middle when all of the characters being played have been introduced.

Parivill
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:20 pm

Well I need help on that too, xD. I haven't worked any of it yet, I just wanted an Avatar RP. T.T Maybe this could be the story after the Fire Lord? We could have a whole new plot. ^.^ Plus brand new characters. I got it, I've heard what happens after, Ozai is defeated, Azula becomes Queen, then we have a new main enemy or such, but I'm open for ideas, we will start ideas AFTER this Saturday okay, but in the mean time think, and feel free to post here.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Parivill on Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:30 pm

I'm liking this idea, depending on what happens in to show there could the whole defragmenting period in the Fire Nation's Empire, with Azaula as the new queen like you said trying to reign in control as various resistance groups take back parts of the Earth Kingdom and other lands conquered. There might even be some value to having the Avatar go on a quest to rebuild the Air Nomads like finding undercover and underground Airbenders, but that might be too far fetched and I don't want to write out the whole story ;) Feel free to take parts of this idea or disregard it entirely but it's a thought.

Parivill
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:33 pm

I love that idea, with the Airbenders, I will keep that in mind for later, promise. But we will make this after this weekend, the plot will be written, and the story begins, in the mean time, all of you try to get members if you could. :P I going to rewatch the seasons, get caught up with the past and such, and start writing a plot after the new episodes. Thank you all for your interest, an OOC page has been added, feel free to Post your Skeletons. :)

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!