Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Interview with a Vampire (IC, not accepting)

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Interview with a Vampire (IC, not accepting)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TeasingTemptation on Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:15 pm

Nick smiled softly and didn't laugh, trying to make Jenna feel comfortable with her slip up. Humans tripped all the time... however, a part of his mind still found it amusing. He looked over at Jason from the corner of his eye and his smile faded fast. With one staring and one blurting out the obvious, Nicholas was really beginning to wonder if Jenna and Katrina would ever want to talk to them again.

Katrina felt a boat load of sympathy when Jenna tripped. She didn't have to be stared at firsthand to know that Nick's odd gaze was rather unnerving. "Thanks," she said, gently picking up the menu in front of her and looking through it. Even though she was getting rather hungry, she still didn't want to get any messy food that would make her appear... well, messy. After looking through all the picture of delicious looking food, she decided to settle for the cheese ravioli dish. It wasn't that big and it wasn't very expensive, despite that Jason had said that money wasn't a problem. She set the menu down awkwardly. Kat racked her brain for something, anything, to say, but came up blank. She bit her tongue.
"Uh... So... what do you two do for a living...on a daily basis, I mean?" Idiot!, she scolded herself. Obviously they had to do with the fame industry if they had come to their interviewees, rather than vice versa. She wished she could take back her stupid question, but hoped maybe she could get a little more information on their background, too. Maybe something would explain a bit of the strangeness that had gone on.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TeasingTemptation
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shooting Stars on Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:37 pm

Jenna blushed raspberry red and lifted her menu up so she could hide it. She looked over it a bit, to see Nick smiling at her. She smiled back, although he probably couldn't see it and looked at the menu. After internal arguements over what to get, how to eat it, and whatnot, she finally decided on the soup of the day, whatever it was, and set down her menu. Her face still glowed a flushed pink as she sipped her iced tea. Katrina asked her question and she just pursed her lips, trying to hide a smile.

Oh we're vampires in a resistance against evil vampires. Always that feeling of being watched, you know? Was the only thing that went through Jason's mind when Katrina asked what his occupation was. He faked a cough and looked over to Nick. "We are both," he paused to think for a minute and began to speak again. "in the Government system. We work for the city as atternies. Quite an interesting job." He smiled at Katrina, almost letting his fangs slip out of his smile.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Shooting Stars
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TeasingTemptation on Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:49 pm

Nick bit his tongue. Hard. Attorneys... It wasn't what he would've chosen to use as a lie, but it was better than telling them they had been in a conspiracy against overly-controlling bloodsuckers for the past two hundred some years. And Jason hadn't had much time to respond, so Nick decided he'd have to tease him about it later, when they weren't so dehydrated.
"It definitely keeps your brain sharp," he agreed reluctantly. Human attorneys would usually lie and sneak around to get their way, but he had to admit that some of them were quite clever. "Have either of you thought about what sort of career you'd like?" he asked. This was a pretty important question among potential vampires--a human with the hopes of being famous wouldn't do a very good job keeping the secret if their victims recognized them from a mile away.

OOC: Not sure if I already had Nick ask this. D:
I should probably go back and read the old thread over, but I'm rather lazy. >.<

Katrina returned the smile but found herself glancing at Jason's teeth before he closed his mouth again from his smile. Two of them seemed kind of long, but it could have just been because the two were close to the corner of his mouth. She shrugged it off, deciding it was just her mind playing tricks on her. She looked over to Nick to answer his question.
"I'm actually hoping to become a history teacher someday... maybe in a college somewhere or something..." Kat muttered. Though she loved history, it was her guilty pleasure and she was rather embarrassed by her job of choice. She hates school but loves being able to share information with others. Katrina is actually quite the gossiper in the hallways. She looked over to Jenna, wondering if she'd had any dreams that matched her up to her level of embarrassment.

TeasingTemptation
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shooting Stars on Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:58 am

Jenna sighed and set her menu down at the side the table, along with Katrina's. She smiled and brushed a strand of hair out of her face. "I'd like to be either a well-known author or a vet." She said, looking at Katrina and back to the men. Crossing her legs, Jenna set an elbow on the table and her chin in her hand.
Just as she was going to speak up, the waitress came back. "Are you ready to order?" she asked, a smile on her face. Jenna nodded and pursed her lips, looking at Katrina. You first. She thought to herself, taking a sip of her iced tea.

OOC; I don't think he did. O:
Ha, I am too. But I can go back if you want me to.

Jason sighed and took a sip of his water, trying not to grimance as it slide down his throat. Career? He thought, as Katrina spoke. "Oh my, well. That sounds... interesting." He said, trying to sound fascinated although he was completely and utterly bored. Restaurants had no use in a vampires world, just sitting and talking to whomever you may be with. Sooner or later they were bound to get bored and walk out, that's what Jason wanted to do. Oh no, that would be rude to our guests. He thoughtfully muttered inside his mind.

Shooting Stars
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TeasingTemptation on Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:13 pm

Nicholas stared off in wonder for a moment, trying to imagine why someone would want to work with animals. He had never liked animals very much; though their blood didn't taste as good, the smell made him crave that of a human's. But he tried to appear interested. He was, however, genuinely interested in the idea of her becoming an author.
"What genre of stories do you like to write?" he asked. A person's favorite genre of novel could tell a lot about a person, and he was sincerely curious about her opinion. Though, becoming a well known author would mean she would want the publicity that the Resistance does not want. Before Jenna had the time to answer, she was interrupted by the waitress. Nick hid his annoyance and politely urged them again to order what they like.

~•♦•~

Katrina smiled sheepishly, rather embarrassed by her honesty in the career she'd like to have someday. It got rather quiet between the two, but listening over to Nicholas and Jenna, they seemed to be carrying on a conversation well enough. She hoped that the awkward silence that had begun to form between Jason and her would fade quickly, but again she found herself at a loss for words. She was saved by the waitress, trying to avoid gazing over at the two strangers that sat across from them. She wondered why the two seemed so fidgety, and wondered if they were anxious to leave. Maybe eating and leaving ASAP would be better, and safer.
Catching the look that Jenna had sent her, she found that her being the first to order would be inevitable. Awkwardly, she cleared her throat and looked down at the menu and recited the exact name written down.
"Uhm... Could I have the Cheese Stuffed Ravioli?" The waitress simply said "Sure," and nodded, writing it down. "Would you like a garden salad with that topped with a dressing of your choice?"
"No, thanks," she said, knowing that despite her growing hunger, that would mean more eating. She already felt that she would be uncomfortable eating in front of such handsome men, especially when they weren't eating anything. She wondered if they were going to order anything at all. They hadn't really done anything but glance over the menu quickly. Katrina looked to Jenna and hoped that Katrina hadn't just ordered anything too fancy, though she tried to choose one of the simple meals. What a day they had gone through. Though Jenna didn't hang out with the crowd that Katrina did at school, Katrina made a mental note to pick up her number before they parted today. After a day like this one, she'd want to be able to contact her should anything funny happened again. The thought worried her.

TeasingTemptation
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shooting Stars on Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:23 pm

The waitress turned her attention to Jenna, her eyes like fire as they stared at her. Jenna just cleared her throat as quiet as she could and closed her menu. "May I get the, uh," She looked to the two men in front of her, eating would oh very awkward with out them eating as well. She quickly regained her thought and looked back to the waitress with a smile. "Spaghetti and Meatballs, sauce on the side, and no salad." Jenna caught her breath and smiled as the waitress turned to the gentlemen. "Are you two sure you are not wanting anything?" She asked them in adoration. With a roll of her eyes, Jenna set her menu on top of Katrina's and placed them at the end of the table. What could the ask more of them? Address, Phone Number, Personal Failures? She began to ponder the idea of the two gentlemen being stalkers or creeps. Jenna looked up at the two men sitting across from her. No way, they couldn't be stalkers. They don't look like them. She mused, her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of Nick's voice. "Oh, um, I really enjoy fantasy/sci-fi. You know; faeries, witches and warlocks, vampires." She said, a smiled spreading on her lips.

Jason stared up at the waitress, his eyes as polite as a vampire's eyes could be. "No, this is fine, thank you." He said through tight lips. As the waitress stalked away, Jason turned his attention back to the girls. Vampires are Fantasy, ha. He thought, mentally flipping his hair as those girls in the movies do. We are very much real, and very much alive among these stupid humans.
Perhaps it had been so long since he had been alive as a mortal human that lead him to think they were useless creatures. If he were to spend more time outside of his uptown apartment, maybe he'd realize they weren't that bad. Just as he was was about to go on, something caught the corner of his eye, something outside. He nudged Nick and crossed his arms over his chest. There's something out there. I think I'm going to go check, to make sure. He thought towards him, adjusting himself in his seat.

OOC; I totally forgot the italics/bolds/underlines codes. I haven't been on in so long. D: I hope I got them right. Oh! I'm sorry Jason's is so short, I had a physical therapy appointment at 4. I'll finish it up.

Shooting Stars
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TeasingTemptation on Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:22 am

OOC: It's no problem ^_^ &Sorry I couldn't post again sooner, I was making graphics like crazy last night and had an orthodontist appointment today. Not fun, lol. :/

"Fantasy... I enjoy the unreal," Nick agreed, an involuntary grin forming. "It can be dangerous... but thrilling, nonetheless," he went on. "No, thank you," he refused the waitress politely but a little too quickly--it was almost a bit too rude. Nicholas frowned after being nudged, watching Jason stand up. He wanted to ask where he was going, but the answer he may have given may not have been pleasant under human ears. There was usually no reason to get up and leave right before dinner unless something was going on. Nick's sharp eyes scanned the room quickly and no one seemed too out of order. There was one tattooed person in the back with crimson eyes that he was unsure of, but he didn't seem even mildly interested in them. Nicholas had planned to ask Jason if he wanted him to accompany him just in case, but figured if there was anything outside then he'd better stay with the humans. He surpressed a sigh. Mortals could make life so <i>boring</i>.

~•♦•~

Katrina became a bit more alert when Jason began to stand up. "Where are you goin'?" she asked, trying to keep her voice light and casual but the serious look on Jason's face concerned her greatly. She still could hardly keep from staring at the two's oddly colored eyes...though she desperately wanted to avoid them. She wanted to slap herself for asking him so shortly after he had stood up. What if he was just going to the rest room, anyway? Now she worried about seeming clingy as she waited for his response.

TeasingTemptation
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shooting Stars on Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:40 pm

Jason looked to Katrina and lightened his expression, the figures had stopped moving. "I excuse myself ladies, I must use the mens room." He told them, smiling at Katrina through tight lips. Jason dashed away quickly, turning the corner before exiting out the back door. He scanned the parking lot, leaning against the brick wall. A figure appeared next to him, the crimson eyes staring up at him. "Jason is that you?" The familiar, french accented voice said from beside him
"Elizabeth, what are you doing here?" He asked her. How was he surprised that she was behind this stalking? "You must leave at once. Go back to France."
"You smell like humans, why so?" Elizabeth asked, brushing his chest with one hand as she took a deep breath. "You aren't working with any, again, are you?"
"No, I am not. Now, you must leave." Jason murmured, stepping away from her as he stared up at the half moon. She only stepped closer.
"You know, the dear coven is looking for you. I hope you understand that now I've found you and must take you back to the headquarters." She told him as she took his wrists to open handcuffs. Jason only acted quickly, flipping her aside and pulling out his hidden knife.
"Leave this minute, Elizabeth, I will not tell you again. If the 'dear coven' wants me, they'll have to come and get me." He said, his voice fierce as he kicked her back and snapped the handcuffs in place. Nick, keep the girls distracted. He sent mentally to Nicholas, who was sitting at the table.

Jenna watched Jason excuse himself and round the corner leading to the bathrooms. "Hmm?" She turned her attention back to Nick. "Oh, yes. I sometimes wish it was all real, it sure would make the world a hell of a lot more interesting." Laughing, she folded her arms over her chest and looked at the Italian decor placed around the room. How I've missed the homey decor in here. She thought to herself, smiling a bit. As she turned her attention to Nick and Katrina again, she suddenly felt a tinge of nausea like something horrible was going to happen.

Shooting Stars
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TeasingTemptation on Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:18 pm

Katrina awkwardly looked away, wishing she hadn't asked. "Oh," she murmured, biting her tongue and taking a sip from her glass. As he walked away, she had an odd feeling that he wasn't telling the truth. Regardless of where he was going, his answer had rather embarrassed her. She pretended that it didn't and took another nervous sip. Something didn't seem right but she couldn't quite name it. Even Nicholas seemed to have tensed. Something seemed serious and nothing seemed to have changed. She was completely confused, but she kept quiet

Nicholas tried to shake it off, but he'd gotten the vibe sent from outside. He wanted to run out to see what Jason was having trouble with, but he couldn't leave the girls just yet. He shrugged internally, deciding that keeping the two occupied would be best. He couldn't help but grin through his words. "Interesting is an understatement..." he said, then decided that he probably should have switched "is" with "would be". Ah well, he figured. They probably wouldn't decipher any difference, but for an extra precaution he added, "Wouldn't it be phenomenal to see something like a phoenix flying overhead?" he thought in wonder, imagining the sight of a black flaming silhouette against the white clouds, while taking another wretched gulp of liquid from the glass on the table. He looked up at the ceiling, hiding a wince while doing so. Once the water was down, he looked back down and glanced over at the girls, though it was hard to keep his eyes from straying to the windows. At one point he had seen a flash of feminine hair flicker by the edge of the window, but he couldn't see around the wall and the woman hadn't gone back in front of the glass, so she was no longer visible. He forced his gaze away. Nick noticed that Jenna was looking rather sickly, but out of worry that she would leave, he didn't ask why. For one moment, he wondered if all of the events that had happened today was too overwhelming for the girls. But if they left, Nicholas would be blamed, even if they weren't of the traditional qualities that Jason and Nick were looking for in the two humans.

TeasingTemptation
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shooting Stars on Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:41 pm

Jenna took a sip from her glass of iced tea and watched the windows from her seat. Is? She thought, not making eye contact with Nick as she tried to look preoccupied. There is no "is" in the real world, is there? I mean, it's not like he's a vampire. She coughed a laughed and looked back to Nick, who looked as if he was going to upchuck his water. Jenna just shook it off and bit her lip, a smile creeping under it. "It would be pretty amazing to see those creatures among us on Earth. Think about it, humans, like you and me, hanging out with vampires and werewolves!" She said with a laugh, pulling on her scarf that hung around her neck loosely. "Amazing, very amazing." She let out a sigh and watches as the waitress balanced the plates in one hand, swinging her hips as she walked over to the tables.

Jason had already knocked out four of Elizabeth's guards before he was pushed to the ground. He grunted and looked up to find another dark face, the crimson eyes only showed under the charcoal cloak as the moon's light gleamed into them. With a quick flick of his foot, the figure fell to the ground where his head was smashed into the concrete. Now to secure the restaurant. He thought, opening the back door and rushing inside to find the manager.
A young girl, probably only in her twenties, sat an empty table at the now closed portion of the restaurant. "Ma'am?" Jason said politely as he possibly could. "You may want to secure the restaurant, I just heard round of sirens and the neighborhood watch is now in session." Without a word to Jason, the young girl told the surrounding employees to lock all doors and inform the guests of the current situation. He continued on to sit down again, putting on an expression of surprise. "Have you heard what has happened?" He asked the girls, looking to Nick as the waitress set down the platters. She looked to a fellow employee locking the closing blinds. "There has been a neighborhood watch launched, complaints about screams and loud crashes." She shrugged and walked off.

Shooting Stars
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TeasingTemptation on Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:49 pm

Nicholas smiled at her being so oblivious. "Could you imagine... I mean, what would you think of having the option to no longer be human? It would be something, that's for sure," he said, keeping his poker face under control.
His smile faded into a frown as he watched Jason storm through the doors on the other end of the restaurant and out of sight from the girls as casually as he could to discuss a lock down with the manager. Something inhuman was going down and it was no longer safe. He picked up on bad vibes when Jason returned to the table, however the girls wouldn't be able to pick up on such subtle auras. Nick tried to keep from scrunching up his nose in disgust as the food was placed onto the table. It smelled wretched. He turned his attention to Jason.
"Do you know of any details, Jason?" he asked, hoping he could subtly tell him without giving away something important to Jenna and Katrina. He looked back at them to see Katrina's stressed expression.

~•♦•~

Katrina was used to neighborhood watches and shootings around the area of town she lived in. However, what she wasn't used to was being stuck in a restaurant at the same table as two men she hardly knows. And on top of that, why was Nicholas so interested in fantasy, anyway? She didn't think it was all that cool. If it couldn't happen in real life, whats the point of dreaming about something that could never have a chance of being true? She didn't say much during the two's conversation.
"Yeah," she said, following Nick's question, "was there a shooting or what?" she asked Jason.

TeasingTemptation
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shooting Stars on Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:24 pm

Jason looked to Katrina as he sat down in his place again. "I'm not sure, I moved inside as soon as the screams began." He told her, exchanging a glance with Nick before continuing. "I'm sure they'll inform us soon enough." With a warming smile, Jason sipped the horrid liquid in his glass and pursed his lips as he swallowed. The trickling of water down his throat was horrible, the thirst was worse. Lord, please help me get through this night. He thoughtfully begged, watching the employees skitter around the half empty restaurant. Another blood curdling scream sounded, he knew Elizabeth had woken up again and was now on the search for him. Think she'll break in? He asked Nick telepathically. Jason knew that if Elizabeth and her guards were to break in he and Nick would be captured, as would the girls. Nothing at all seemed to be going right this night.

Jenna nodded thoughtfully, a smile bright on her face. The thought of neighborhood watches wasn't a problem, seeing how this neighborhood was known for it's gangs. "It would be quite amazing, seeing the world through new eyes. But the poor people killed in the look for survival." She said, lowering her voice to a mere murmur. "Werewolves and their meat, Vampires and their blood; could you imagine killing an innocent human?" She sighed, picking up her fork and twirling it in her spaghetti. Ah, the unimaginable. How it would be amazing to live among the immortal. She thought, lifting the small amount of butter-coated pasta to her mouth. Jenna chewed and chewed, finally swallowing just as she poured the sauce onto the side of the pasta.

Shooting Stars
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TeasingTemptation on Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:18 pm

OoC: Sorry for taking so long. D:
P.S. Even though werewolves aren't really a part of the plot, do they exist as well? I think it'd be kind of cool to have a character or two later on that's a werewolf, even if it's not for a long while.

"I can... can't,' he corrected after thinking twice, "imagine that. I suppose taking a life for survival is selfish, isn't it?" he thought honestly. He tried not to look disgusted as the two girls began to eat the human food.

Nick's frown deepened as he got a bad vibe from who it must be when Jason returned. He looked back to the far window. If it was who he thought it was, he could only reply: Knowing who she is... it's likely that she'll break in.
From outside, he could hear a growl of frustration, but it had faded out into angry jabbings. He could only assume that Elizabeth was arguing with any back up she had with her. He never understood why she was so against what Nicholas and Jason were doing, and it didn't help that she had ties to their past. Nicholas hated that they had put the two girls in such a situation now. And the fact that two thirsty vampires were in a restaurant full of humans, fattened and slower at that from having just ate, and with no idea of what was to come next. Murder or kidnappings, of a peaceful happy ending... He knew the last one was unlikely.

~•♦•~

Katrina had shrugged off the neighborhood watch, figuring it was no big deal. She could eat, then the restaurant would be unlocked, and hopefully she could go home and forget any of this had happened. She took the first bite of her ravioli after impaling it with her fork. She was hungrier than she had thought she was, and found herself taking the next bite quickly and welcomingly while listening to the others.
There was the sound of a glass window breaking farther down the restaurant and a scream from an elderly couple who had been sitting at that booth. Katrina jumped back against the back of her chair and instantly looked out of their booth to see what had just happened. "What the hell?"
Many people had begun piling into the restaurant and stepping off of the table through the window they had entered from, all of them wearing black. A woman seemed to be leading the gang. "What are they doing?" she looked back, asking the two. Jason had just been outside, had he been conversing with those people? Suddenly she feared for her life, and Jenna's life too, worried that they would be taken away without a trace and neither of their family or friends would have any clue where they were. She wanted to stand up and run, anywhere, but kept her cool and hoped all would work out. She looked to Jenna to see if she was just as unknowing of the situation as Katrina was.

TeasingTemptation
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shooting Stars on Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:05 pm

OoC: It's alright, and that would be an interesting idea. Sounds like fun. (:

Jenna set her fork down and took her napkin, wiping her face of any butter that may be lingering there. She finished swallowing and looked back up at Nick. It was quite strange how he was acting, if anything it should be the two innocent, teenage girls sitting in a darkly-lit restaurant with two men they've never met before. How often this happen among the newest age of teenagers? Oh yes, a lot. "Yes, it really would be selfish." She murmured, picking up her fork and twirling it in her pasta again. She stuck the dork in her mouth, chewing slowly as she set her fork down. Within the swallowing, a crash was heard and Jenna coughed, just about choking on her pasta. "What the hell?" She repeated, looking to Katrina and then to the two men.

~•~•~•~•~

Jason did ever so slightly cringe at the sound of breaking glass, and soon his mind was filled with screams. He turned slowly, watching as Elizabeth led her gang in. "We must hide the girls, now." He spoke quickly and urgently to Nick before turning to the girls. "Stay low and quiet as you follow me." He told them, ducking down out of his chair and heading for the entrance to the kitchen. How will we get them out? He telepathically asked his partner as the entered the kitchen. I am quite sure Elizabeth has blocked every exit. Even with two men, we could never take them down in time before the back-up arrives. He motioned towards a corner, looking to the girls. "Sit over there quietly, both of you."

~•~•~•~•~

Jenna did nothing but follow his orders, scampering on hands and knees to the corner he had motioned to. She glanced back at Nick. What the hell was going on?

Shooting Stars
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TeasingTemptation on Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:30 am

OoC: I'm really really really sorry for taking so long! D: I got busy recently but I should be able to post more, even around Christmas time. What are you doing for Christmas this year?

Nicholas went over a list of just about every curse word he could imagine, including the less common ones from a century over, in his mind when he heard the glass break. Quickly, he scooted out of the booth after him once the girls were following close behind. They ducked behind a corner and into a swinging door, which led into the kitchen. I haven't quite figured that out yet, he thought back, with a little attitude to be honest. He got his act together, knowing that attitude in his tone of voice, or rather thought, wouldn't get them anywhere any faster. She's most likely blocked any back doors for sure. Nick could only curse their bad luck during their first set of their interview series.
The waiters coming in and out of the kitchen were giving them strange looks, but never said anything. One of the chefs did say something, but the serious look on his face must have let him know they weren't going anywhere. Nick rarely took his eyes off of the two girls, who had obediently sat near the corner, next to a preperation counter for the cook.

"How many guards did you see? If there aren't very many, I'm sure we've been trained much better than they have. And if they're newborn, they can't be very strong yet. Does Elizabeth want us secured in the coven again or is she only after you once again?" he asked outloud but quietly, trying to think over the reasons she would be here in the first place. "Good Lord, she always was a desperate one," he brought his hand up to pinch the bridge of his nose in frustration by her constant determination. This was what, the second time in a century that she's made their life harder?

~•♦•~

Katrina shook her head as she shoved off a counter to reach the corner quickly. "I swear, I'm never talking to a stranger again after this."
She watched Jason and Nicholas talking amongst themselves quickly. How did conversing at a tavern lead to a cultist freak show off lead to a neighborhood watch and a restaurant break in? Katrina couldn't make the connection no matter how hard she tried.
"Jenna, you and I should just get out of here. I don't care what they look like, they've given me my share of scares of the next six months. I don't want to stay here with them," she admitted. "If we don't end up dead, we'll be in prison one way or another," she voiced her thoughts outloud.

~•♦•

While continuing to think through the few options they have, Nick wondered if they could possibly make yet another deal with her, despite that they hadn't fulfilled their last negotiation... Maybe that's why she was here, to collect her "prize".
He listened to one of the girls discuss running. Dare we tell them to stay put?

TeasingTemptation
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shooting Stars on Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:35 pm

OoC: It's fine, gives me time to try and fix up my writing style. (: Ah, when does your break start? Ours starts on Friday. As for the holidays, I'm staying at home. Boring. d:

Jason shook his head, peeking out the order window to find Elizabeth watching as her newborns searched the restaurant. Two dark figures, their faces in clear view, stood next to her and instantly Jason pulled back to look at Nick. "They are newborns, but we have three against two here, Nick. Daemon and Nathaniel are here with her." He told him quietly, glancing at the girls and closing the order pick up window swiftly. "She wants us both, as far as I can tell, she's on a business trip." He closed his eyes for a moment, teeth clenched as another scream cried out. Damn hungry newborns. He thought, anger clear in his thought.

There was a banging on the kitchen exit door, Jason could see that the kitchen windows were open. "Close those now, Nick." He told his partner with quiet intensity. "We can take down those who enter the kitchen, and until we take the newborns down we must stay put. We cannot risk the girls lives." He told him watching the bland white cabinet as another scream cried out. "After that, we'll have to act quick and sneak them out; getting them as far away as possible. We cannot beat Elizabeth and her minions without more help."

~•~•~•~•~

Jenna closed her eyes as the scream become louder, maybe it would all go away and she'd be at home in bed. "Oh please, please no." She begged, opening her eyes to meet with Nicks. How could this of happened, oh right, she was stupid enough to meet two strange men at a tavern with a girl she'd never really met. "Katrina, I think we need to stay right here." She murmured to her, listening to another blood-curdling scream. "It really doesn't sound good out there." Biting her lip, she wrapped her arms around her knees and watched as the two men spoke quickly and quietly to each other.

OoC/Ot: The "without more help" piece is kind of where I am foreshadowing the werewolves. (;

Shooting Stars
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TeasingTemptation on Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:27 pm

Nick's thoughts raced as he went over the few possible options. Leaving with the girls right now without looking back is not an option; not only would Elizabeth follow after them, but she'd also still have all of her guards. It would be nice to take one or two of her back up down before making their escape. Barely hearing Jason's order to close the windows, he moved lifelessly towards them and locked them shut in a matter of seconds. However, Jason was right. They were outnumbered and out-strengthed. Even with their years of experience, they'd be no match for Elizabeth, Daemon, and Nathaniel combined. Enraged at the situation, Nicholas slammed his fist against one of the metal countertops. This only frustrated him further when he had to wipe the tomato juice from his hand. A chef must have been chopping one up there. Regardless, he was satisfied with the large dent his fist had left in the countertop. He hoped, though didn't necessarily care for the time being, that either of the girls had seen his childish mark on the counter.
A spine chilling scream from the dining area brought Nicholas back to reality. "You're right." Nick could not think of any better way to get the girls safely out than through Jason's plan. It seemed to prove to be the most effective. Nicholas looked back to the girls, making eye contact with Jenna, and then Katrina. His ears then picked up on running footsteps, and then the sound of something large, the size of a human body, being slammed into the wall just outside of the kitchen. He looked away from the girls, looking down at the tiled ground. He didn't need super-hearing to listen to the sound of a person suffocating to death under the arm of another holding him or her up against the wall. An almost serpent-like hiss was heard just outside of the door before being silenced. The sound of teeth tearing into flesh and the smell of blood flowing just beyond the kitchen door was enough to set his throat aflame, though he knew the girls couldn't hear that part of the massacre just outside.
"Newborn," Nicholas indicated. "He'll be too occupied to walk in here, but that's bound to get one of the elder vampires' attentions," he continued to hiss out his words quietly. It did. The locked kitchen door rattled on its hinges as one of the other vampires slammed into it, trying to break it down. It wouldn't take long for them to get in.
"Here we go. Let's hope we can take them down one at a time," he said, positioning himself to face towards the door and instinctively desiring to bare his fangs at the approaching enemy.

-_-_-_-

Katrina bit her lip until it nearly bled again. She desperately wished this all to be a dream. She tried to keep tears back, but a few spilled over. She took a shaky deep breath to steady herself and nodded in agreement with Jenna. She sat farther back against the wall, as far away from the kitchen door as possible. She gasped and held her breath when something slammed against the wall. As she realized that somebody was being murdered just outside, she wanted to run away. But what disturbed her most was not the death, but the animalistic hiss that had come afterwards. "What the devil was that?" she whispered, afraid that if she spoke louder that whatever made the sound would hear her. It appeared to, because there was now banging on the kitchen door. Someone wanted in. She shrank back even further into the wall to prepare for what was coming.

OOC: Sorry if that was a bit confusing during Nick's part. I'm a bit tired and a sentence or two may not have made much sense. D:

TeasingTemptation
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shooting Stars on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:27 am

Jason stared blankly on at the white brick wall; he only relied on his hearing to tell if someone was coming. He glanced back at the girls, locking gazes with Katrina before turning back to look at the damage on the hinges. “Prepare yourself,” He breathed, loud enough for the girls to hear. “A few more hits and they’ll-“Jason was interrupted by the door flying off, two guards made their way in. He pounced, unseen, and grabbed onto one’s neck, snapping it and throwing the limp body to the other side of the room. He sneaked a peek out the now open door and stepped back quickly. “Newborns.” He muttered, staying unseen as he snapped two more necks before throwing them with the rest of the bodies. There weren’t a lot of guards in the dining area which meant they were outside ready to attack. Perhaps those years spent with the covenant were well worth their time; he knew almost every killing maneuver, surprise attack, and escape plan in the book from those few years he spend with the group. And now, he was fighting them.

Jenna widened her eyes as Nick positioned himself to attack. They were giving their lives for the two girls; she could not believe it. She gasped, the door flew across the room and pale, fanged creatures entered the room. She knew what they were; what the two men were. Jenna looked to Katrina and shook her head. “Vampires, they’re vampires.” She said. Losing her breath she took one more look to the men, and then she fainted.

OOC: That's fine, I unterstood it to the point of being able to respond. I totally understand. (:

Shooting Stars
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TeasingTemptation on Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:09 pm

OOC: Sorry for the rather long post! Had quite a bit to add here. :)

Nicholas charged forward, meeting his enemy at the door. He took on a more direct and brawny approach, but in return narrowly missed a bite from one of the two newborns. He held back a hiss that was building in his chest, keeping his sharp teeth clenched. Nick twisted the neck of the second newborn sideways, snapping its neck and rendering it dead. Shoving the body aside, he peeked outside of the door, which had been ripped completely off of its hinges. Nicholas listened more closely. They hadn't all rushed in towards them yet. That was a good sign. But also a bad one. It meant they were going with a more sophisticated plan than search-and-destroy.
Nicholas was careful to take a very light step in his slight venture out of the kitchen. It was a mistake. Combined with Jenna's realization of their vampirism and his footstep, Nathaniel took notice of them. With one finger, he motioned for two of the private ranked newborns to accompany him.
"What business have you two with human girls?" his smooth voice rang loudly. Nicholas desired to shut him up to keep from alerting the others, but that would be futile.
"I smell them," Nathaniel's voice boomed. "Are you both so lowly now as to prey on high school students? I never did understand your reasonings for leaving the covenant. Afterall, our blood supply is unlimited," he reminded them. Nicholas need not be reminded: his throat ached painfully once more. Nathaniel was only a few steps away now and approaching fast. "They'll be expecting us to ditch through the back door. I'm sure there's a perfect trap set up right outside. But we cannot take on fully developed vampires by ourselves and not walk out of here gravely injured if we stay here. Are you confident we can escape a back door trap while carrying those two?" Nicholas was talking so quickly and quietly that he doubted even a high quality sound recording system could pick up his voice. "Think fast!" he rushed, though a second hadn't even passed.

-_-_-_-

Katrina was staring at Jason in complete anxiety and fear, waiting for the door to break down. It came completely off of the hinges with an explosive sound of wood shattering. She gasped and clamped both of her hands over her mouth to keep from screaming. The sight of white skinned, literally nearly white, and the blur of red eyes was something she wouldn't even find in one of her worst nightmares. She slowed her breathing to listen to Jenna's sentence, though she couldn't tear her eyes away from the inhuman men who'd just bursted through the door with impossible strength. She'd missed Jenna's first word, but she repeated it, saying "they're vampires." With a shocking realization that she was right, Katrina felt a sense of hopelessness when she fainted. "No!" she screamed, taking her hands away from her mouth. "Jenna, wake up!" she shouted hysterically. She heard a booming voice, but Katrina was blocking it out. She didn't want to know what he meant by "prey" and "covenant" and "blood supply". Katrina shook Jenna's shoulder, but it didn't help. Fearing that she was alone in this nightmare, she now longed to pass out as well, but couldn't simply will herself to. Desperately, she eyed the clean knives on the counter across from her. She tried to look away but found that she couldn't. She had to make sure all this was real, because if this was a dream, she wanted out. It took all of Katrina's willpower to stand up and take the two steps closer to the door to reach the counter. When she picked up the knife, she realized her hands were shaking violently. Katrina didn't want to hurt herself, so she brought the blade to her forearm and made a very small slice. The pain from the papercut thin cut she'd just inflicted on herself indicated that this was real. She watched as one single drop of blood formed on her arm. She wiped it away quickly; she'd been expecting a little blood from the reality check.
What she didn't expect was such a violent reaction from Nicholas and Jason in front of her.

TeasingTemptation
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shooting Stars on Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:34 am

Jason had newborns everywhere, left and right, Nick had left him to take on Nathaniel. "How many of these damn newborns are there?" He muttered, kicking one down to snap another neck. He glanced up to see only a few more left, mostly surrounding their leaders and creators. Daemon, dirty blonde hair and orange eyes and all, was laughing at the chaos around him, and Elizabeth, dark brunette hair and colored eye contacts, was watching the young newborns attack each other quite smugly. Dare he look to Nathaniel? Oh, but he did, and what a pain it was to see him. All those years they acted like brothers, when they both really hated each other. Maybe it was his time to kill...
Another newborn pounced at him, bringing him to a wall. "Damnit!" He shouted, snapping one neck and then another. "Come on Nick!" He kicked one newborn, pushing her back towards the middle of the dining hall where she slammed into three others, knocking them all down like it was a game of bowling and they were the pins. Jason snapped the last newborn's neck and quickly made his way to the kitchen where Jenna lay unconsious and Katrina with a scarlet strip on her wrist. He looked away to check for newborns, then quickly double checked her arm. "Oh god no, Katinra." He moaned, backing up. "You really shouldn't of done that."
It was too hard to control himself, he had become all too thirsty. His throat ached as he stalked up to her, taking her arm in hand. "Bad, very bad indeed." He muttered, running his finger along her arm, collect blood. Jason shoved her away, nearly slamming her into the cabinets as he gently licked the blood clean off his finger. Nick, we need to get out. Katrina has cut herself, I don't know how long I'll hold. Kill Nathaniel, I'll get Daemon. He telepathically sent to his partner before turning to snap another neck. Sure as hell was going to be a long night.
~•~•~•~•~
She was standing, alone, in a field. Around her, a fight was in process. She could hear the necks being snapped, and the people near her, they didn't look human. She gasped, one hissed, baring fangs at her. She knew that face, but it couldn't be. That was Nick, how could it be. She, backed up slowly, hitting a tree and coving her mouth from screaming. "This isn't real." She told herself, keeping my gaze from his.
"Oh, but it is." He murmured, lips on neck. A jolt of pain shot throught her and she fainted. Again.

Shooting Stars
Member for 15 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!