Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Introduction to a madman

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Introduction to a madman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby .Kyrian on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:32 am

To be perfectly honest I do not know why I am even making the effort to post this, it is not as though I have any great delusions of being able to be active... though the act of pulling together an account seems to contradict that. Really I am here because I am hiding from my job and my responsibility, because I found a moment between writing and pretending to write to click around the internets long enough to find this place, because I (in an exercise in futility) took a few moments to flit through the registration pages to fill in the proper fields with the sole intent of creating for myself this wonderfully useless account. I am here because, at least for the moment, I have nothing better to do and maybe in this act of existing here I may just find some extra time to also become active.

Still the purpose of this thread is for to introduce oneself and to get to know the other members so I assume Greetings are in order; if they matter all that much. I am myself, or so others keep telling me. And in the hope of labeling myself until I have something tangible enough to actually label I will classify myself as one of those hopeless intellectuals waiting for the world to come to grips with its own impossibility; we are a mindless race hell bent upon the construction of patterns where patterns can not be found and so we craft morals and guidelines and limitations upon the creative flares of individuals all in the name of protecting the unity of conformity.

Enough with the mindless drivel. I am so full of pointless nonsense barely strung together by that fifth, or maybe it was twelfth cup of coffee that I must hide myself behind a wall of meaningless words and needlessly purple prose... If I stick around I may get a decent bit of my writing posted here but beyond that I will content myself to flit in and out of your mundane lives and color a bit of thoughtful insanity about the forums, or just wallow here. Thoughts of being active... now there is a noble concept.

For the moment I will bid you all Adieu.
It is often said that writing is a lonely life, and for the most part such is true. Other jobs are just that, jobs, they start and they end at the same time each day, spinning onward in a cycle that is so monotonously cyclical. But writing, writing is a lifestyle, it is not merely a job but a passion, an occupation. Writing is not from 9 to 5, but from dawn to dawn, it spans that day and often spills over into the silent night, and it is a task that demands isolation, silence, and reflection.

- Kyrian

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

.Kyrian
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Re: Introduction to a madman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:52 am

Coffee is one hell of a stimulant. Welcome to RolePlayGateway, .Kyrian. I'm Sato, a longtime member around these parts, and I can kinda identify with the sort of funk between jobs, responsibilities, and self-made expectations.

Whether you're around here a lot or not, we're glad to have you joining our ranks. We do have a special Writing subforum where you can post short bits of original work, if you ever get a chance.

Nice to meet you and thanks for stopping by.

-VV

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!