Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Just Another Oh-So-Typical Band RP [IC]

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Just Another Oh-So-Typical Band RP [IC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ReiRyuusei on Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:02 am

Just Another Oh-So-Typical Band RP

“Look, I know you’re eager to meet them but could you sit down for five minutes?”

Andy White, personal manager and organiser of Annabelle Hawkins, asked that said musician as he watched her pace back and forth, breathing into her hands and running her hands through her hair repeatedly. He himself was sitting in the ‘lounge’ area of the bus, spread across a comfy cushioned chair which wrapped round a table which people usually ate at.

“Pacing ‘round and making me dizzy isn’t going to make them appear faster you know, Nana.”

The twenty-six year old shook his head, going back to staring at his iPod Touch. Andy was tall and quite well built for someone whose job consisted of looking after someone else’s life and not their own. He had thick brown hair with natural blonde highlights, sparkling blue eyes and a strong face. The hands that glided over the little screen were large, though they didn’t look like they had done much physical labour.

“I can’t help it.”

‘Nana’ responded, though her pace considerable slowed. She couldn’t sit down; she had too much energy bubbling up inside her. If she could she would have gone for a run, but she wouldn’t. She hadn’t to wait for them; January Thaw. A fresh band from the back end of Chicago, much like Annabelle herself had been when she had first been starting out. Annabelle herself had been touring the US before she had met them, but had been without a loyal, proper support band. Now a deal had been sighed; January Thaw was going to be travelling with Hawk until the end of the touring season. And they were supposed to be arriving at the touring buses that morning.

It was five minutes before the designated time.

“They’ll come, Nana. They have to. They signed the contract after all, even if all of them weren’t that willing.”

“What!?” Andy almost slapped himself across the face as Annabelle stared at him, panic evident in her expression.

“Look, forget I said that. They have to come, Nana. If we don’t we’ll sue their asses.”

“No we won’t!” Annabelle responded sharply, spinning on her heel and almost glaring at Andy. “It’s their choice whether they come or not. I only want them if they want it; I refuse to blackmail them like that.”

“Okay, okay... Just chill a little, yeah?”

There was a tense pause in the bus as Annabelle had turned to stare back out the window above the sink again, almost burning a hole into the entrance of the car park.

“...Yeah.” She responded slowly, before her gaze shifted to the floor and she began to pick at her painted black nails.

“Sorry I snapped at you like that, Andy...”

“Its okay, Nana. I’ve seen you in the morning after all.” Andy joked, attempting to lighten up the mood. He flashed his smile as brightly as he could at Annabelle but could only see a forced twitch of a smile back before she reverted to her apprehensive expression once more. He felt his own smile falter a little, as he watched her go into a deep concentration.

“They’ll come, Nana...”

“...I hope so, Andy. I really hope so.” Annabelle replied, looking up and running a hand through her short red hair. She waited a moment, watching intently, before giving up and heading towards the kitchen area of the bus, feeling thirsty. Andy watched her, in her black skinny jeans being held up with a studded white belt and her bright blue t-shirt with the Superman insignia and let out a sigh. Even her Pac Man socks were cute. If she didn’t wear quite so much eye make-up in such deep colours, she’d be just his type. It didn’t really matter anyway. Andy never mixed business with pleasure. Shaking such thoughts from his head he gave her a smile as she wandered back with a bottle of water and thankfully, she smiled back.

“Can you just move for a sec? You’re sitting on my hoodie.”

“Oh, soz.”

He apologised, shifting his weight so that she could pull the grey zip-up hoodie with the white zip and drawstrings from underneath him.

“I might have farted on it though.”

“Better not of, or I’ll fire your ass.” Annabelle replied with a cheeky grin as she pulled on the hoodie, stretching the sleeves as far as they would go so they could cover her hands. She then picked up her water again and walked back through the kitchen, towards the door. Fondling round in her hoodie’s pocket, she felt her cigarettes and her lighter in turn. She needed a smoke.

“Annabelle!” Andy suddenly cried, jumping up and running to the window. “I can see one of them!”

“What!?” Annabelle almost screeched, hurtling back down the bus and staring out the window with wide eyes, praying Andy wasn’t playing a cruel joke. He wasn’t.

“Oh my god!” She cried, jumping up and hugging the tall bloke, before she spun round and darted towards the door, flinging it open and flying out onto the tarmac with only her socks on.

Andy giggled behind his hand as he watched her through the window, almost tripping over her own legs to get outside and watch the figure approach the bus. Realizing she probably looked like an idiot and as the ‘professional’ she was supposed to be setting an example, Annabelle straighten up and cleared her throat, wrapping her hoodie tightly around her frame to protect her from the morning chill and waited as patiently as a hyperactive child could wait for the best candy shop in the world to open it’s stores. Andy could barely suppress his laughter at the sight of her almost jumping for joy on the spot.
Give my post a rate, will ya? :3

Image Image
Feed Me!
Adopted from Valenth

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ReiRyuusei
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Just Another Oh-So-Typical Band RP [IC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:52 am

Heaven Leigh Dahl stood beside her older brother for a minute, holding his hand as she watched the morning lights play across the sky. It was early for Julian, though it seemed late to Heaven. She was used to being up, though she was sure she'd never get used to the colors the sky made in the beginning hours of the day. Feeling a tight squeeze on her hand, the blonde looked up into her brother's dark eyes.

In comparison, the siblings couldn't be more different. Julian had tanned skin and dark hair, his eyes almost as black as the hair that hung over them. His smile was lopsided, and completely charming. He stood well over six feet and wore the most outrageous clothes that Heaven had ever seen, not that that said much, but she wasn't used to Gothic clothes yet. The girl was blonde, her hair a shining silver blonde. Her eyes were a soft, milky blue, and her skin was almost paper pale. She only stood at five feet, something, the short one in the family. Her smile was sweet, almost shy, and made anyone fall head over heals at the first sight.

"Heavenly..." Julian started, showing his reluctance to let his baby sister go. "You will do great..." He finally stated. "Just don't forget about your big bro when you are famous." He requested, causing the young girl to laugh.

"Not likely, Jules." She teased, standing on her toes to give him a tight hug. "Thank you." She whispered before letting go. "I will call, okay?" She offered with a wide smile as she grabbed her base and slung the bag's strap over her shoulder. In her tight blue jeans, tight band t-shirt and red designer high heels, she looked anything but innocent, she looked sexy, and almost lethal. No one would have guessed that she'd just learned to walk in the stilettos and that she had taken quite a few days before mastering the walk and falling in love with the way they made her legs look. After quick goodbyes from both siblings, Heavenly set off toward the place that the band was supposed to meet Hawk.

She still couldn't believe that they were going on tour with Hawk. She'd heard the girl's music and had loved it, and the fact that they were going to be her support band almost blew her mind. They were a local band, raved about in their area, but Heavenly hadn't allowed herself to dream that it would actually happen. That they would actually become something big. But they were going to. They would be huge.

Nearing the bus, Heaven saw someone run from the bus that they were supposed to be meeting up, tripping and sliding in excitement. Then, the female figure seemed to figure out what she was doing, and straighten herself up. Heaven got their quickly and flashed a smile to the person she recognized as Annabell Hawkins. "Am I early?" She asked with a shy smile.

"Hi, I'm Heavenly." She introduced herself, holding out her hand in greeting.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dex on Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:02 pm

Salem's alarm clock went off for the fourth time as he rolled out of bed, well more like fell out of bed. He tried to reach for the snooze button, but just ended up pulling the cord out of the socket. He sat up and scratched his head, yawning as he looked around the small one room apartment. Salem stood up and put on a completely black t-shirt and a not intentionally ripped pair of jeans. He walked over to the sink and looked in the mirror, shuffling his dirty blond hair. As he left the room he slipped on a blue hooded jacket and his shoes.

Salem waited at the bus stop, his guitar case in his right hand. He wasn't to sure about signing up with Hawk. He wasn't into her style of music, but he wasn't really into the style of music the band played either. He was willing to play though as it may lead to bigger things for him and get him out of that dump of a home. When the bus arrived he was in his own little world, but luckily the driver was a friend and snapped him back out of it. As he sat down he gripped the guitar case tightly to make sure he didn't lose it. Inside was a Gibson Dark Bird, his guitar and one he had saved for a year to get. "So... I guess this'll be your last time riding the bus." Salem looked at the driver and smiled, "Well, who knows. Maybe we'll totally bomb and be back by next month." The driver laughed, "You take care of yourself you here."

The bus left Salem off at the closest stop to the meeting point, but it was still about a three mile walk. He waved good bye to the driver as the bus pulled away. Salem lifted his guitar up and started the walk, looking around at the city as it might be the last time he will see it for awhile. He had only been with the band for a short amount of time, but they were good at what they did so he couldn't complain nor think it was too soon. He held up the guitar case and rubbed it, knowing this was his one shot.

Salem was able to eventually see the buses and walked over to them. He was surprised that they was only two people there and that the others got an even later start then him. He walked over to Heavenly and a girl he assumed was Hawk, "Look's like we'll have to wait a minute."
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

Dex
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ReiRyuusei on Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:34 pm

Annabelle watched the silver blonde bombshell approach her with what seemed like a shy demeanour. Odd, Annabelle thought, seeing as she was usually the one who was anxious to meet new people and these guys were gonna be around her age, perhaps even older. Maybe it was the whole fame thing that made her seem more important, which Annabelle thought was just silly. Then again, fame seemed to matter to America a lot. The success of the media who reported about celebrities was proof enough of that.

”Am I early?” The blonde whose name Annabelle didn’t actually know asked, a small smile on her lips. In fact, Annabelle didn’t know any of the band members names, except Bruce of course.

“Um, no, you’re fine. Few minutes early, in fact.” Annabelle informed her kindly, smiling back good naturedly. It was rather convenient how quickly she had forgotten her previous pacing and anxiety at the drop of a hat and thanks to the cute smile of an even cuter blonde.

“Hi.” Annabelle said suddenly, remembering her manners and giggling a little when the pair said it at the same time. The kind smile remained on her face as the other young woman introduced herself, though what she said surprised Annabelle a bit.

’Heavenly?’ The rock chick almost asked out loud, before giving the other woman a look up and down. Her expression as she did so was one of momentary disbelief. ’She certainly is…’ Annabelle agreed with herself in her mind before speaking again, grin returning to her pale pink lips.

“That’s not a very common name… Suits you thought. You remind me a bit of an angel.” The red head spoke truthfully as she shook Heavenly‘s hand. If Hawk had been a guy, you’d have assumed she had been flirting with Heavenly, which in a way… She almost was. Anyone who looked that foxy in a pair of high heels deserved some complimenting, in Annabelle’s book, as she herself was a lover and wearer of high heels. When she wasn’t running around in Pac Man socks.

“So, er, what instrument do you play?…” The red head asked, shivering a little as a cool breeze picked up. Before Heavenly could answer however, the pair were approached by a tall, blonde haired male carrying a guitar case much like Heavenly was.

“Looks like we’ll have to wait a minute.“ He spoke, cutting across Annabelle’s question to Heavenly and diverting her attention towards him.

“Um… Hello to you too stranger.” She replied with a smile, raising an eyebrow at him in playful amusement. “There’s no rush. We were just gonna head for a dinner I know and love just outside of town to treat everyone to breakfast anyway.”

For a moment she gave him the look up and down, before bringing her hand out from underneath her warm armpit and extending it towards him. “I’m Annabelle. Nice to meet you.”

ReiRyuusei
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chexmix5 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:43 pm

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

The black alarm clock sounded its annoying ring for the third time. It hadn't even hit Bruce what he had planned for the day, at least until his third wakeup call. He shot upright in his bed, only being able to muster a slight groan, knowing he would be a little late for the meeting. He had intended on waking up early and beating the rest of the band to Hawk, that way he could give a more professional introduction like a manager should. Unfortunately, his body wanted sleep more than it wanted to be professional.

He hurriedly took a shower and went through his everyday routine, except hurried. putting on blue jeans, a plain white long-sleeved shirt, a zip-up hoodie, and of course his sunglasses. Running out the door he waved down a cab, which he had take him to the location of Hawk's bus.

When he pulled up, he grabbed his one bag of stuff and got out, heading over to the group. He could make out Salem, Heavenly, Hawk, and a man who he recognized as Hawk's manager, who he had met while working out the deal. He checked his phone as he approached the group, only a few minutes late.

"Nana!" He said when he got close, giving her a hug. He hadn't really gotten a chance to catch up with her since most of the time he spent with her lately was working out the deal. "Salem, Heav, nice to see you could get out of bed before me." He said, giving them both a slight wave and smile.

chexmix5
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chexmix5 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:43 pm

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

The black alarm clock sounded its annoying ring for the third time. It hadn't even hit Bruce what he had planned for the day, at least until his third wakeup call. He shot upright in his bed, only being able to muster a slight groan, knowing he would be a little late for the meeting. He had intended on waking up early and beating the rest of the band to Hawk, that way he could give a more professional introduction like a manager should. Unfortunately, his body wanted sleep more than it wanted to be professional.

He hurriedly took a shower and went through his everyday routine, except hurried. putting on blue jeans, a plain white long-sleeved shirt, a zip-up hoodie, and of course his sunglasses. Running out the door he waved down a cab, which he had take him to the location of Hawk's bus.

When he pulled up, he grabbed his one bag of stuff and got out, heading over to the group. He could make out Salem, Heavenly, Hawk, and a man who he recognized as Hawk's manager, who he had met while working out the deal. He checked his phone as he approached the group, only a few minutes late.

"Nana!" He said when he got close, giving her a hug. He hadn't really gotten a chance to catch up with her since most of the time he spent with her lately was working out the deal. "Salem, Heav, nice to see you could get out of bed before me." He said, giving them both a slight wave and smile.

chexmix5
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dazed&Confused on Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:12 pm

"Son of a bitch!" --Oh, the joys of having a roommate with anger issues.

Declan's emerald green eyes shut themselves tighter as an audible groan slipped past the males lips. He would have yelled back; told the guy to shut up had he of had the energy to do so. A late night and an early morning were definitely not this male's idea of a good time, but peeking over at bright red digits on his bedside table did a number for his energy levels, or at least began the process of an adrenaline rush.

"Shit." He exclaimed, suddenly a sleepy sort of wide eyed and scrambling to untangle his long legs from his jungle of blankets. Kicking his feet multiples times, the sheets ultimately ended up in a crumpled pile at the end of his bed and Declan was hastily searching around for clean clothes. Thank God, Allah, or freaking mother nature for all he cared that he had showered last night, he did not want the band--or this Hawk girl rather to be ticked off if he were late. The rest of the band he wasn't so worried about, but he didn't really know who they were meeting, and how they felt about punctuality, so better safe than sorry.

Minutes later, he was hopping into a pair of jeans, pulling on a plaid button down shirt, and finishing off his groggy, half awake ensemble with a beanie hat that covered his ridiculous bed head. Slightly scratching at his black stubble, Declan rubbed his eyes and stepped into his obnoxiously bright teal converse's, shrugged on a zip up hoodie, stuffed a set of drum sticks in his back pocket, grabbed the rest of his pocket-able belongings and was off--secretly and silently thanking his roommate for yelling about something this morning and acting as a human alarm clock.

A minute before the set time, Declan pulled up and threw his truck into park, pocketing the keys and still quite groggily, climbed out. His prior 'get ready fast' burst of energy had dissipated on the ride over, and he was easily back to half asleep. Hands in the pocket of his hoodie, the Irish drummer dragged his feet, slowly and sleepily towards the group of people whom most he recognized as the rest of the band. When he finally arrived amidst their little pow-wow, his body cued him to yawn right on time. The perfect first impression. A hand was drawn from his pocket and Declan waggled his fingers, and gave a guy-ish nod. He let his shoulders slouch, and his body sink into itself for warmth. "Mornin' everybody." He then murmured, Irish accent clear even in his simple, and short greeting.
Last edited by Dazed&Confused on Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dazed&Confused
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jehanne on Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:40 pm

Riding steady down the street at an average of 5 mph over the legal speed limit were a hitchhiker and her accomplice: the first was a professional musician for a band; the second, judging by his car, also held no money to his name.

In a seemingly superfluous statement, she had thought to bring two guitars: the Mockingbird on her back which she used for the band and, in the case in her right hand, her old, beat up, {<--place emphasis here} faithful Lyon that she played back when the band first formed and needed an acoustic guitar. The familiarity factor was what had made her bring it along. Though there was another reason, In all honesty, she couldn't really write songs on an electric. It's one of those pretentious sounding claims that one needs to be able to "feel" the music to write it. It remains a mystery of whether this is true or if it is simply mindset. The only other thing carried was some personal items in a small plastic grocery bag.

"Thanks, dude." Holly said upon arival of her destination, giving a slight tip of her cap with her free [or, at least, less occupied] hand.

"Hey." The driver called. "How 'bout a drink sometime?"

"Told'ja: I'm going on a tour." They had nice conversation through the ride, but this was something she was definitely not interested in.

"What? That's if you're a success. I'd give you a month--at max--t'come back." he smirked.

She simply replied the gesture, shook her head and started walking. The man played the good sport and dropped it at that. It wasn't rare for Hallelujah to hitchhike, but only when transportation was necessary. She could be frugal at times, and preferred the company one encountered there to that of public transport. She was now only about four miles from the site. Singing a song she couldn't pin down to identify, she walked on. It was morning, when the air was at its most crisp. Though most people would find the temperature cold, Holly always felt like she was a hot thermos, temperatures like this didn't bug her [dare I say even felt refreshing?], but regular temps caused her to overheat.

She saw the group hanging around the lot, picked up that it was Heavenly, Salem, Bruce, and--assumedly--Hawkens. She walked over, not in any hurry, but in her natural semi-swagger that one doesn't pick up on noticing easily. She arrived in time to see a hug between Bruce and the Woman and calling her an odd name, the latter confusing Holly. Salem seemed to be in his usual mood, Holly sometimes wondered if he even thought of himself as part of the band. More importantly: Heaven was here. For a long time, Heaven and Holly had known each other for years now; they actually met through the common link of Julian, her classmate and Heaven’s elder brother. Compared to Heavenly, Hallelujah didn't hold up as well in regards to conventional beauty. She didn't mind though as [1] she was sure a comparison with Heavenly was putting the bar a little high and [2] conventional beauty is never the end-all for attraction. In fact, it wasn’t even considered a competition by Holly, as evidenced by the wool jacket, tank top, undershirt and patchwork jeans Holly wore; not quite the epitome of dressed to impress.

"It's a very bad sign for our manager to arrive later than Salem, of all people." She was still slightly upset with Bruce for [as she saw it] convincing some of the members that this was a good idea without making clear any consequences; she handled this in the very mild passive-aggressive manner of teasing Bruce. This tends to happen each time she disagrees with him, meaning he'd probably know by now that it wouldn't last much longer.

She went up to the one "I'm Hallelujah, if Bruce hasn't had the foresight to give you our names beforehand." As she had her hands full, she settled with hooking her elbow around the bag handles so she could give a casual salute--lax wrist, two fingers, and no particular posture--as usual, not realising that the gesture exposed her two unnaturally positioned fingers. "Nice to meet you, umm... Nana?" Holly had recalled what Bruce called her and accidentally said it aloud, noticeably confused. Her grandmother was of Norwegian decent and thus Holly grew up calling her 'Nana'. She was not aware that it could be a given name, or any use outside of 'grandmother.'
Maybe you are right, and this world isn't anything special after all.
But as familiar sights look different when seen from on high--as even when it's raining, blue skies spread out above the clouds--don't you think that the way you view the world changes depending on how it is perceived?
O, what a wonderful world! Even if it's a lie, if you believe it, maybe you'll feel happier than yesterday. Right?
Good or bad or something amazing: it isn't about what you do; it's about living without regret. That's it.

Jehanne
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ReiRyuusei on Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:32 pm

(Hi guys, sorry about the late reply. Unfourtunately, I wasn't able to get on the internet last night or most of today. But the post is here now so I hope you guys haven't all lost interest :) Although now that I think about it I haven't heard from [b]Yuuki-chan... Can someone give her a heads up because I've tried and she isn't replying. Just ask if she's still interested and if she is then tell her to make a typical 'really late comer' kind of post and if she isn't or doesn't reply within the next few days then we should really move the story on. I'm sure we can incorparate either someone else to be the leader singer as well as playing an instrument and I can edit this post so to pretend that we've got everyone with us, 'kay? Thanks, you're all a bunch of little stars :) )[/b]

After the blonde bombshell and the disinterested dirty blonde, the band seemed to assemble quite quickly. The first was Bruce, the band’s manager and Annabelle’s only real friend who remained with her from kindergarten to high school. He called to her with the name that reminded her of her childhood and a time when the world seemed less complicated. He embraced her quickly and during their short hug, Annabelle took in his scent. Memories came flooding back to her in short flashes, like pictures reflecting in a broken mirror. It was no time to be reminiscing however, as another band member appeared shortly after.

Next was another tall male who seemed to be asleep with his eyes open and standing up, though his greeting was sound with an accent that Annabelle had probably heard before but couldn’t give a definite name. Before her career as a musician, she hadn’t moved around a lot. In fact, when they had taken her to California to record her debut album, it was almost like her first holiday. Her first time out of Illinois too, as she couldn’t afford to go on school trips outside the city during her years in mandatory education.

Last but not least was another girl, although she was quite unlike Heavenly or Annabelle herself. She dressed like Annabelle in a ‘not too fussed about impressing anyone just yet’ fashion but she wasn’t really a jaw dropper naturally. Oh well, to be fair Annabelle had to admit she spent a lot of time, effort and money on her hair and make up in just her monthly routine.

“Um… Hi, everyone.” The rocker almost shyly introduced herself was everyone was gathered round, flashing them all her best smile as she could while feeling a bit outnumbered by people she didn’t know. “In case you don’t know, my real name isn’t Hawk. You guys can just call me Annabelle as that is my… Real name… Um…”

Scratching the back of her neck anxiously, the red head gazed at her socks for a moment while thinking of something to say. She was the ‘professional’ here, besides Andy of course, who took this slightly awkward opportunity to get things on the road. Perfect timing on his behalf.

“So, guys, how ‘bout you all drop off your stuff in the buses luggage compartment and all hope inside so we can all wait in the warm for the last of troop to turn up. After that we’re planning to go have a bit of something to eat at a breakfast diner me and Nana both know and love. She’s treating us all, of course.”

The manager informed them with a smile from the buses entrance stairway before he hopped down and walked to the side of the bus, pulled out a set of keys and opening up the sides of the bus to reveal a large empty space, much like the buses you got while travelling from airport to hotel when you went on organised holidays.

“Course if there’s something you’d rather keep on your personage, that’s cool too. There’s space for hand luggage and instruments inside too.” He assured them, flashing them another smile which Annabelle attempted to replicate, though it appeared that tiny bit force.

“All aboard the Skylark.”

ReiRyuusei
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:56 pm

Heaven smiled at the others, looking at Declan with a sort of wink before she hurried to the bus. This would be fun. "Holly!" She called as she hurried, surprisingly graceful on her stiletto heels. "Sit with me, k?" She asked, smiling at her long time friend. She felt free for the first time, getting away from her brothers and parents, being a real person, someone who wasn't disabled and could do anything she wanted.

When she got to where she could put her bags, Heaven was more than glad to put them in. It took her three tries before the relatively big bag managed to get into the relatively big space. Then, she made her way to the bus. She lifted her leg for the stairs, and missed, then tried again, missed. She swore. From the lips of an angel came a swear word, that only happened when she was frustrated.

After a few attempts and losing her 'grace' the girl managed to get on the bus, her bass strapped over her shoulder still. She was amazed at how it looked inside, actually expecting like a school bus. She had to admit, Annabelle had the life! With a smile to herself, she plopped down on a seat and brought her bass around, taking it from it's bag.

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jehanne on Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:48 pm

“All aboard the Skylark.” What was this: A cruise ship? The only people she’d ever known to name their automobile were Scooby Doo and the Gang.

Holly heard something about breakfast, almost making her not notice what Heaven said. She had been brunching the past few days ‘cause she was short on money. She realized, though that there was someone she need to contact. Nate had told the band he was going to be tardy, but wouldn’t say why. “Andrew, y’have a cell phone I could text a friend with?” As said before, she was cheap, and she figured that, since so many of her good friends have one that they’d lend every so often and since she didn’t use them much, she’d just leech off her friends plans. The manager gave her the normal body language reaction of “what century are you in?” but gave it over. She asked the address of the restaurant, and texted the response to Nate.

She handed back the cell phone and figured she better get going. When she looked over at the groggy Delcan, she couldn’t resist. “Hear that? Get your sleepy arse on the bus.” She said, giving Delcan a firm slap on the buttocks. She then took advantage of his freshly-shocked-to-consciousness state and handed him her grocery bag, which he automatically grabbed without thinking, as planned, because of his previously mentioned state.

In a short delay of a second or two Delcan looked down and saw what he had in his hands and broke out into his ‘Are you high?’ face at Holly. “Oi!” he shouted at her now awake, but Hallelujah was already on her way and pretending not to hear. She figured he needed something outside of his pockets. Delcan shrugged it off with a sigh and, ‘Women.’ face [if we’re keeping with categorising faces with phrases trend] adorned, went to put away the bag.

Holly only had to put away the Mockingbird and and headed into the bus before Delcan caught up, and saw Heaven having some trouble with the steps. Holly knew better than to help, dispite it being her gut instinct. If she was helped this time she would have trouble the next; that, and, she would take offence [the latter being Holly's main concern]. Then, for a second, Holly thought she was hearing things. It usually took more then that for that type of word. If they caused that much trouble, she shouldn't wear high heels. Holly found them, in general, to be unnatractive anyway--and besides--Heaven definitely looked good enough for them to be unnecessary.

Of course, it’s heated in here.” She immediately said as the heat hit her body. She immediately took to removing her wool jacket and tossed it somewhere [considerate enough to make sure it was out of the way]; this fully exposed the scar from her shoulder up her neck except for the strap of her tank top. It didn't take long for her Rosacea to become more apparent as well; the heat made her blush. It didn't really take much for her to overheat.

The occasional item of outerwear strewn about had told her they didn’t exactly keep this place at peak condition, so she figured they wouldn’t mind. Despite that, it really was an impressive ride: it had quality upholstery; was aesthetically pleasing; and the exterior and interior had even been designed to make it feel roomier than it possibly could be.

She found her way over to the seat adjacent Heavenly; on her insistence as well as Holly’s personal preference. And watched as Delcan walked in, finally awake.

Jehanne
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chexmix5 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:01 pm

Bruce strolled casually to the compartment on the bus where the luggage went in, and placed it down gently. It wasn't that he had anything fragile in it, it was that he didn't want to damage the bus in any way. It looked rather expensive. He then realized how dumb it was.. Surely the campartment meant for carrying bags while on the road could handle the throwing of one bag. It was the dumb assumption that all pretty things broke easily.

He walked back over to the group, most of whom were getting on the bus. "Of course." He said as Holly asked to borrow Andy's phone. "Two things we can always count on. Holly needing a phone, and Nate being late." He said jokingly. He hopped onto the bus and sat across from Holly and Heaven.

chexmix5
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!