Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

It's Just a Bit of Blood Lust [Twilight Based]

a topic in Books & Literature, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on books or other forms of literature.

It's Just a Bit of Blood Lust [Twilight Based]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jayden W. on Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:40 am

Plot

In Somers, Montana, everything goes by day by day, though more and more 'odd' people start enrolling in Somers High. How will people react to this?

Sorry - short plot, but I want to allow the plot to develop on it's own.
Characters

Not needed, though before you begin roleplaying, you must guarantee that you will post at least 2 paragraphs with correct grammar. I understand that typos sometimes happen, and that's okay, just try to keep it at a minimum. Also, please specify what race you are (Vampire, human, werewolf)

You may hop in at any time, though also keep in mind the rules of RPGateway and my own.

Jayden Walker - Vampire

Jayden frowned up at the brick building that was known as Somers High. Technically, dying at the age he had, he should have been in college, but his appearance of beautiful youth allowed him to pass as a senior, and a junior when he was feeling particularly lucky.

Jayden took a step to the side to allow a boy to move past him into the school. He hadn't seen the boy coming, he had sensed him, sensed the smell of warm blood flowing through his veins that were nearly visible under his pale skin. THe boy, however, and anyone around, would have just guessed that he'd became aware of his approach by the sound of his thick boots crunching over fresh, thick snow.

Jayden was unaffected by said snow, but, for the sake of blending, he'd donned a pair of boots, blue jeans, and a sweater. He'd even went a step further to add the affect of a black scarf. The bonus was that the scarf set his blue eyes off well, and his eyes were usually what he used to draw in his prey. The downfall was that he abhorred blue jeans, the rough feel of them and how they clung strangely to his legs. Though it'd been many, many years since his time, he couldn't quite shed wealthy garb without wincing with regret.

But he didn't have the ability to be picky. He was no longer a Viscount. He was only a teenage boy going to his first day at Somers High, roughing the difficulties of changing schools and facing the first day of school in a new environment. It wasn't the first time he'd done so, but he needed to pretend it was. That's what he needed to be: a normal, teenage boy.

It was just too bad that he didn't look like a normal teenage boy. His dirty blonde hair and blue eyes could pass, but the look and the feel of his face could not. His bone structure rumored at an aristocrat, his pale skin was one of perfection. He moved and looked and sounded like a Greek god. No one could have denied it, and Jayden didn't mind. It drew in the prey like flies.

At the moment, however, he didn't much care for the attention. If his blue contacts had been removed, his eyes would have been peacefully gold. He had fed the night before and was content.

Jayden glanced around and raised a brow at a girl who oggled him as she passed. He wanted to sneer. Pathetic. Still yet, he was going to have to live with them for the time being. Somers was currently his new project. He'd been to many places in his time, and just recently he'd been hearing some delicious gossip about this town, so it'd been time he'd graced it with his presence to find just exactly what was going on.

Straightening, he looked like a prince as he strolled regally through the front doors of Somerss High, easily manuevering pass the mortals, stunning some with his surreal grace and beauty. He ignored them even while he studied them. He would find an adventure in Somers before his time here was over. Of that he was certain.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jayden W.
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: It's Just a Bit of Blood Lust [Twilight Based]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aika on Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:03 pm

May we play characters from Twilight? If so, may I be Bella?
Kill Them With Kindness :D

I got the great news... I'm having a little GIRL!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aika
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Monroe on Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:45 pm

(Hi! I'd like to join you if that's all right. I'm relieved to finally see a well written intro! Here's my response, and I think it should be pretty clear by the end of it the characters name and all that good stuff (; ))

Claire looked out the passenger side window of her mother’s beat up Chevy with what could only be described as dread. It read all over her face, which looked even more washed out in the grey toned light streaming in through the truck’s window.

“Do I have to go?” she whined, fidgeting with her too-big, hand-me-down sweater. It was the particularly horrible wool variety, with a large, flamboyant pattern of pink and blue stripes across the shoulders and chest. The girl’s mother rolled her eyes in response, opening her daughter’s door and unceremoniously pushing her out.

“Have a nice day, Claire.” Her mother called. “Oh, and don’t forget that the whole world’s not against you.”

Yeah right , Claire thought as her mother drove off. Taking a deep, fortifying breath, she braced herself as best she could and started walking toward her school. Sure, she had gone there for over three years now. You’d think that since she was a senior, she’d have the routine down. Did she though? Of course not. Almost every day she begged her mom to not make her go, or else pretended to be sick that morning. And every morning, her mother, believing she did what was best for her child, forced her daughter to go to school.

Claire trudged up the steps, lugging along her heavy book bag which hung on one arm and caused her to walk with an uneven gait, and was interrupted by a breath-taking sight. Before her stood a god. Well no, he couldn’t really be a god, she thought. But he was pretty damn close. She looked up at him, at his pale skin and flashing azure eyes, his blonde hair and chiseled features. In comparison she felt even more conscious of her too-skinny body and her baby fat face, an odd combination the she thought made her look like a bobble head doll. Suddenly she was hyper aware of her blue-grey eyes that seemed to pale in comparison to his own, which were also pushed top close together. Her ginger red hair stood out in frizzy ringlet curls, and though her skin was nearly as pale as his, it was completely ruined with a copious amount of freckles. She took in his tall, flawless physique and realized she was also quite short and looked far too young to be a senior, especially next to him. She often got pushed around by upperclassmen who mistook her for a freshman, much to her dismay.

In a moment of shear embarrassment, she felt so inadequate next to him that she felt the need to rush past. She slipped on the top step though, and overthrown by the uneven weight of her bag, stumbled clumsily into him. She quickly righted herself, her pale cheeks burning bright red, practically hiding her freckles (not that that was any better) and looked at him, much abashed. But she was so taken in by his dazzling blue eyes that she could not look away. She stood there, nervously scratching one corduroy clad leg with the other, frozen in the spot.

“S-sorry.” she squeaked apologetically. A fellow classmate, feeling indignant and impatient with her loitering, pushed her to the side to get past. She fell into the god once more, her face buried in the sweater covering his abnormally hard abdomen. She anxiously looked up at him from that position, arms pressed against his firm, seemingly unmovable body. Her face turned red in panic, her arms wind milling as she tried desperately to regain her balance, and hopefully her composure. Her knees wobbled and she was forced by gravity even tighter against him, but still this stone god didn’t budge. With one last clatter of books and school supplies, she stumbled away and fell onto the floor, her legs spread eagle before her, not able to meet his gaze. She scratched her head, unsure of what to say. Speechless, Claire offered up a furtive smile, her face pulsing with heat.

Monroe
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jayden W. on Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:20 am

ooc|| Sorry, no. Unless she wouldn't have any connection to Edward. And yes, I agree, hehe. My friend told about this site, and that it used to be better... I guess people are now being lazy?
ic||

Jayden had seen the girl, though he had no recollection of ever smelling her. And that was strange, that he hadn't smelt (sp?) her, but then realized the area was covered in poo. That must of clogged his nose up a bit. Suddenly, it all came like one strong blow to the face, and it took all of his strength not to bite her right there.

Move, he did not. Instead, he clentched his breath, and tried to wait patiently. On the inside, however, a furious war was going on. Maybe he had a pained face on, maybe he did not. Jayden tried to calm himself down, and took a somewhat painful breath. Her scent was delicious, though he had smelt (or is it smelled?) better. It was just so sudden, though, that made him react like that.

Then, the girl dropped down to the ground. Jayden would have helped her, but the internal war was still going on. He quickly departed and tried to run as humanly as possible into the school.

Then, once away from her, Jayden took his time strolling down the hallway, glancing from one curious face to the next. Some looked at him in wonder, and some were afraid to look at all. It was just as well, he decided. When he wanted them to look, they would look.

Slowly, he ventured his way to the room that the slip of paper in his hand told him would be his first hour class: History. It made him want to snort. He could write the book on history for all that he'd seen. Nonetheless, it was best to play dumb and take the silly little classes mortals took. He entered the classroom and, for a split second, a hush fell over the room as all eyes turned toward him. He ignored the curious stares effortlessly and slid into an empty seat. After a few moments, conversation began again, and, except for the few curious glances from a couple of girls nearest him, he was basically forgotten for the time being as chatter of summer activities replaced his existance. Now, all he had to do was wait and hope that something interesting would occur. He'd come to Somers for a vacation, but also for a little excitement.

Carefully, he unwound his scarf, remembering that it was now warm enough in the room that humans would find scarf-wearing a little curious. With slender, yet strong, fingers, he unzipped his backpack and stuffed it inside, cramming it in along with all the books he'd need for the semester. The pack would have brought a mortal to their knees with the weight, but Jayden was obviously not a mortal and therefore unaffected.

After he was done tucking away the small piece of winter garb, he sat back against the uncomfortable plastic chair that was now deemed as his own, and waited, keeping his eyes on the students as they filtered into the room, wondering which ones would bring him an adventure.

Jayden W.
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Monroe on Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:00 am

((I hope you don't rely too heavily on that story you already wrote... I want this to be interesting for both of us!))

Claire watched the god’s retreating form in dismay, finally getting some of her senses back. She pulled herself to her feet and wiped her scratched palms on her jacket. She couldn’t believe that she’d roughed them up that badly, but sure enough, two angry red marks graced the insides of her hands, each with a delicate lacework of thinly bleeding scratches.

Stupid Claire, she berated herself, shoving her school supplies into her back. Stupid, stupid Claire. What had she been thinking? Now the he was gone and she was no longer under the magnetic pull of those oceanic blues, she could almost think straight again. Letting out a long sigh, she began trooping back in. The hallways had cleared out considerably she noticed, then a second later grasped why. The tardy bell rang, echoing down the halls and corridors. Claire’s shoulders sagged and she started walking faster to her history class.

She finally arrived and everyone had already been seated. The teacher, interrupted in his lecture by her haphazard entrance, stared at her shrewdly, an irritated, calculating look on his face.

“I do not put up with this kind of behavior, Claire.” he warned. “I will see you after school for detention. I trust you will not be running late to that as well?”

Claire shook her head fervently, cheeks alight again. “N-no sir.” she mumbled. A few girls in the back giggled and she smoothed down her hair self consciously, a nervous habit. Glancing around the room, it instantly became apparent that the seats had all been filled. All, of course, except for the one beside the god.

I have a class with him! Her mind screamed. Timidly she stumbled over to him, throwing her bag over the back of her chair. Overthrown by it’s weight, the chair toppled over, and Claire clamored to pick it up. She was not making the most graceful impression on this guy, that was for sure.

In silence, Claire sat down beside him, anxiously leaning as far away as she could from him. He certainly did not exude friendliness, she thought, wishing she was anywhere but there. Glancing at him from the corner of her eye, she realized she was even a little afraid of him. His pale, marble like beauty was unnerving, almost cruel. She held no faith in it. He was like a beautiful crystal- he could either light up those around him, or cut them all with his razor sharp edge.

Monroe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jayden W. on Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:55 am

ooc|| don't worry. I'll make it interesting :D This post is pretty short. Sorry!
ic||

As Jayden heard the door open once again, he sighed, smelling that sweet yet torturing smell he had already scensed this morning. It was both a pleasure, and a menace, as he could not taste the sweet person of which the scent was coming from. Furthermore, it burned his throat whenever he inhaled.

Without looking, he knew that the giant classroom was now filled with many humans, all having the basic same life. Not one of them in this small town had issues, otherwise word would have gotten around. There was only one seat left, which was next to Jayden. He sighed, gruggingly moving his books, otherwise known as props, to make space for the girl.

He could just ignore her, or speak to her. Neither could harm her theoretically, but speaking could be potentially dangerous. But: Why not? He came here for a vacation, for some fun. Why not fool around and play with silly little humans?

Ignoring the sting to the throat, Jayden turned to her, seeing that she was sitting as far from him as possible. If he was a human, these thoughts would've been going through his head: Do I smell? Am I that bad looking? I guess she doesn't like me... However, he was not human, and therefor, thought what any vampire would think: She's afraid already, even though I have not said a thing. She sure would make a delicious snack.

Jayden pushed these thoughts away, and flashed a toothless smile, though not too great of a smile as not to cause alarm. "Hello. My name is Jayden. Sorry for this morning," he spoke as gently as a vampire could. He did not want to lure her in, but just become friends. That was allowed, wasn't it? Playing with food, just not eating it? Little kids did that often, he had observed.

Jayden W.
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Monroe on Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:15 pm

Risking a glance in his direction, Claire realized the god was actually talking to her, and it wasn’t hostile! She tried to manage a small smile back, but because of her nerves it came out looking more like a grimace. Jayden, she thought, her lips curling slightly at the corners. It had a nice sound to it. Jayden... it wasn't a name she had heard before, but she liked it. It sounded regal, like it came from a different time. All of him did, really. She had noticed after she had run into him that he carried himself with an old world grace, and he also spoke differently than their peers. A curl fell forward into her face, tickling her cheek. Absentmindedly, she pulled her wild red hair away from her face, trying to think of something clever to say, but naturally, nothing came.

“Oh, um- no problem.” She spluttered, trying to look at him but not stare. She found that she had a hard time gazing at his ethereal beauty, but once she did she quickly became hypnotized by his eyes. “I mean, I’m the one who fell into you, right? I should be apologizing. And, I‘m Claire." She tore her eyes away with some effort, biting her lower lip.

A silent moment passed between them and Claire searched her mind for something to say, something that would make sitting next to this person, who was quite intimidating, less awkward. Finally, something came to mind, a joke she had heard the other day. It was probably his pale skin that made her think of it, but she was grateful that she had. Maybe this would break the ice.

“Okay,” She started, giving him a small grin. “What is it like to kiss a vampire?” she asked. Claire paused, waiting for him to think about it for a second. “It’s a pain in the neck!” she answered, eyebrows raised, waiting to see his reaction.

Monroe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:12 am

OOC:// A Twilight RP with another guy in it, and where everyone appears to be literate??? How could I resist! I'll be playing Logan Vann, a werewolf. I'm guessing its the start of the school year due to your talk of people chattering about summer activities, and its just snowy all year round here?

IC://

The engine's roar burst through the silence, screaming wildly into the morning air like a beast from hell. The bike tore around the corner and skidded into the school parking lot, and slowed down massively as it did so, coasting into a slow idle and a complete stop in front of the school.

The sound cut off, and a figure climbed off of the bike. At 6'3" Logan cut an impressive form, his broad shoulders, and dusky red skin, courtesy of his Arikara tribesman father, only furthered the sense of power that emanated from him. Pulling off the helmet, his short tousled black hair broke free, standing up in a sort of bedhead faux hawk. His features were strong, but strangely auqiline as well. His prominent jaw was not a square, but a trapezoid, and his high and defined cheek bones made his figures look oddly beautiful, in a wild and animalistic way. Rough stubble covered his face, and thick side burns and eyebrows helped him to look like much older than the 17 years he really was.

Stepping off the bike, he tucked the helmet under one bare arm, and headed up the steps into the school. His boots clunked distinctively down the hall way, and anyone who knew him could easily have guessed who he was, and what he was wearing (a pair of black jeans and a leather vest denoting his MC affiliation, otherwise known as a cut) from the sound. Sure enough, a voice called out in acknowledgement, "Mr. Vann! An auspicious way to start the school year my friend." Logan groaned internally, the first day back and he was already in trouble. Slowly turning around he put a fake smile on his face. "Mr. Miller! A malapropos way to start the school year my friend." Mr. Miller laughed heartily, and a real smile creased Logan's face, warming his features like the sun bursting free of the clouds on a cold autumn day. "Your vocabulary never ceases to amaze me young man. I suppose even for all of your tardies and absences you are ahead of the swing, aren't you? I just wish you'd use that big brain of yours a little more." Logan grinned devishly, "But Mr. Miller, where would be the fun in that?" Sighing in a dissapointed manner that only mothers and guidance counselors could acheive, Mr. Miller shook his head wearily. "All right Logan. You're lucky I caught you anyway, I need to give you your new schedule." Taking the schedule Logan grinned, and tipped an imaginary hat as he turned and strowed away, Mr. Miller calling after him, "And at least button that thing up if you refuse to put a shirt on!"

Logan's long stride swiftly brought him to the door of his first period, history, with the seniors. Logan gave another internal groan, he hated being placed with the seniors, but he had to do it if he wanted to graduate early. Another fake smile touched his face, though failed to light it up as it never reached his amber eyes, and he threw the door open theatrically, stepping in with nothing but his clothes and helmet, which he tucked into his chest as he flourished his left arm in the air, and bowed deeply and melodramatically at the waist, saying in a horribly fake aristocratic accent, "Do excuse my late arrival, I am ever so sorry for this disturbance" and dropping the accent, "and all that crap. Where do you want me?"

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Monroe on Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:13 pm

((Oh good, a new character, and I love your first post! Welcome, I'm glad to have you with us. I'll wait for Jayden to post before I respond to your character with my own though, but for now I'll be the teacher.))

Once again interrupted during his lecture, the teacher looked up in irritation, clearly not amused with this late arrival, or his idea of being funny. Mr. Avalos consulted his attendance sheet and surveyed his student, making a check next to the only person who seemed to be missing.

“Mr. Logan Vann,” he drawled, sucking in his belly and drawing himself up a little taller. “I do not permit tardiness in my classroom. You may join Miss. Acosta after school for a one hour detention.” he pushed his pair of spectacles higher up, staring down the bridge of his nose at the class. “Is there anyone else who would like to join these two?” he asked. No one spoke and a few do-gooders fervently shook their heads. Claire lowered her head, trying to hide her face. The teacher seemed pleased with his class’s response and turned his attention back to Logan.

“Well then, you may pull up a chair at whichever table you can find room.” he said, waving a hand dismissively, and turned back to his chalk board. “Now then, like I said
”

Monroe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:43 pm

"Sorry teach." Logan grinned cheekily, grabbing a chair and pulling it to him, and around, so that he was sitting on it backwards, with his forearms leaning on the back of the chair. "I got the last period of the day off, and I gotta go to a MC meeting, so I can't attend this detention you speak of." Logan knew that he was already pushing it without the rude and irreverant treatment of school policy and lack of respect that was apparent in his voice, but he couldn't help it. It was just so fun to mess with teachers.

Plus, he had a reputation to keep up. And he really did have a rally after school. Big news was coming down the vine today, and the MC was making a deal with some Cuban dealers who had friends in the Arikara tribe, so it was important for Logan to be there, as he was one of the few Arikara members in the MC. It was good for relations, and a big time importer like the Cubans meant lots of product, and not just cigars. And lots of product meant lots of money. And lots of money meant college and getting out of this one horse town.

Not that Logan had joined the MC for money, no it was about family. His cousins and uncle were in the MC, and his dad had been too. They were his family, his brother hood. No one knew him like they did. With them he didn't have to hide behind big fake smiles and witty banter. He didn't have to be the rebel bad boy all the time. Thats not to say he wasn't, but it was nice that he didn't have to be. And he could always join another charter, or hell, even start one, in his college area. He loved the MC, it was the only thing that kept him going, but he couldn't stand living in this boring little town his whole life, he had to get out.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Monroe on Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:04 pm

Mr. Avalos turned back around, chalk wedged between his fingers. He rolled it between his pointer finger and thumb, concentrating on something.

"Mr. Vann," he said, putting down the chalk and putting his hands on his desk, looking directly at the young man he spoke to. "I am owed two hours of detention between yourself and Miss Acosta, and I will get two hours. If you choose not to come, Claire will be making up your time for you." He looked at Claire and raised his greying eyebrows at her.

"And if I were you, Claire, I would make sure your classmate shows up." With a sense of finality, he began writing his notes on the board, sure that this was his most interesting lecture yet. His method of teaching was unusual compared to some of the other teachers, but he usually found it to work. He didn't like worrying about a student not showing up for detention, so his decision to put the matter under the care of one of his peers was a perfect solution. And knowing Claire, who had sat quietly in the back of his class all the year before, she would not skip out. Either she would serve Logan's detention and he would have gained a new enemy, or she would get him to go. He didn't really care which option it was.

"Which brings me to the battle of Trenton..."

Claire stared at her teacher in shock, mouth slight agape. Could he do that? Apparently he could, she thought, but it wasn’t fair. She looked over at Logan, sitting backwards in his chair. Was he really going to make her serve his detention? She tore a piece of paper from her notebook and started scribbling on it furiously. She folded it over in half and passed it to him.

“Please show up for detention this afternoon. I can’t stand to be alone with him for two hours! Please?” it read.

Monroe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:44 pm

Logan was silent, an unusual thing for him. His brows furrowed and a look of displeasure was apparent on his face. This was simply unfair. What could he do about this? He couldn't just leave Claire alone with him for two hours (a sentiment she made very clear she shared!), especially when it was his fault.

Frowning. He chewed his bottom lip for a second, then suddenly his face lit up, and a mischeivious grin lit up his face. "So. Mr. Avalos. You want two hours of detention, but you don't care how its divided up, is that right?" All Mr. Avalos had to do was walk right into the obvious trap he had laid out and Logan and Claire would be home free. Either way he won, this was his home court. He could spin pretty much anything and when the opponent made the rules this clear it was all too easy to play. Its only a simple matter of leading the sheep, Logan thought. No matter how powerful te dictator, when the masses rise up they can't help but submit to their will. Flashing Claire a grin, he silently told her, don't worry, I got this. His entire manner, his presence, exuded confidence, and he hoped she would get the message to just play along.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jayden W. on Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:19 pm

ooc|| Yay! Another person! I like it :D And oops. I didn't think about that. Hmm... I guess in Montana it snows all year round? I don't know, let's just say it does...
ic||
Jayden smiled gently, meeting her gaze. He wondered what was going through her head at that exact moment. What was she thinking? He suddenly had this curiosity overwhelm him. Where did she come from? What were her likes and dislikes? Would she taste better than she smelled?

Quickly and urgently, he stopped himself from thinking all together. Though he was still aware of everything, every word the girl, Claire, was saying, he blocked himself from responding. At the moment, he was getting too close to her, or at least wanting to get closer. Close to a human, though? Why would he want that? All Jayden wanted was to play a couple of games while in Somers. Nothing more. So then where did this urge come from?

Jayden nodded curtly and looked away. It must have seemed rude to Claire, but he couldn't help it. If he was to maintain a permanent residence in this town, he couldn't get carried away. However, a part of him begged him to continue the game. That part knew he would win- he always won. Could Jayden stop, though, if the two of them were alone? It was a chance he was willing to take. After all, he came for an adventure, something new.

He began paying attention to her again, though she was not speaking. Suddenly, he clenched his jaw when he heard, "What is it like to kiss a vampire?" He did not respond, but locked his eyes on the seat in front of him. Faintly, he smiled and shook his head slightly, as to say he didn't know. Was she asking him? Did she know what he really was? And what if she did? What would Jayden do? He did his best to stay cool on the outside, but in his mind, he was frantic.

“It’s a pain in the neck!” He looked at her with brows furrowed (is that a word? I don't know what I'm trying to say...) and let out a gush of air. He smiled another toothless grin, but did not have the time to respond as he smelled a new scent.

Of course it was familiar, and he knew exactly what it came from. He tightened his lips and clenched his jaws together, refraining from snarling. He stared at the boy as hard as a vampire could. If looks could kill, this look definitely would have.

He whispered "Get out of here, dog," just low enough so that only the werewolf could here. Though Jayden was new, he would play by his own rules.

Jayden W.
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Monroe on Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:20 am

“Yes, Mr. Vann.” he replied, eyes steady. “All I require is two hours. You and Miss Acosta chose to take up my time today, so I will return the favor. Will I be seeing you after school, or should I expect a long afternoon with Claire?”

Claire groaned, putting her head down on her hands. She wanted to be invisible, but everyone was looking at her and Jayden’s table, and also at Vann, who had started all this trouble, and insisted on pushing the matter. If he made her spend her whole afternoon with this guy
 She couldn’t think of anything threatening to end her thought with. What would she do? Not help him with their next assignment? Not talk to him for the rest of class? Would he bothered by that at all any way? She didn’t know him, and he didn’t know her. Why should he care if she rotted in here? And why would he care if she was mad at him?

Claire turned to face Jayden, who had been silently watching the event unfold. She turned her head so that only he could see what she was saying, and mouthed “help”, a desperate look on her face. She wanted to be away from all this. She couldn’t wait for school to be over and it had only begun. It’d be even worse if she had to serve two detentions for another person being late.

Monroe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:49 am

OOC:// Logan doesn't know he is a werewolf yet, or have any control/access to his abilities yet, so he wouldn't here Jayden's remark.

IC://
"Well then." Logan smiled at Mr. Avalos. "Thats a total of 120 minutes. If the whole class is willing to stay after for 4 minutes, then we will have served our 120 minute detention period and be free to go." The rest of the class didn't seem to enthused. Logan was well liked, and everyone appreciated his joker attitude as a welcome interruption to the monotony of class. But he was only a junior, he didn't play sports, they owed him no allegiance, and staying after school, even for a few minutes is not something anyone would want to do.

Luckily Logan knew the mind of the average senior very well, and knew how to make them want to stay. "I'll buy pizza!" He grinned, "And on Friday I'm having a party down by the lake, my uncle's got a cabin we can use that no one EVER checks." The promise of a party, especially one thrown by a member of an MC like Logan, especially with no chance of police or parental interruption was enough to make any teenager exstatic. "All you gotta do to be invited is show up after school for a few minutes." The last line clinched the deal and the class erupted in cheers drowning out any and all protestations Mr. Avalos might have on the matter.

Logan stood up to acknowledge the cheers, swiveled his chair around, and sat back down, leaning up on two legs against the wall. Mr. Avalos didn't even know the game, let alone the rules, he had never stood a chance. This was why Logan was able to get away with pretty much anything at school, and a large contribution to his personal behavior at school. He liked the way the crowd followed him, his easy control over the masses, almost like he was the leader of a pack, the Alpha Male, and they were his followers. It felt natural, and somehow... right. Like that was the way things should be. Smirking, Logan thought, "Maybe I will start my own charter. I do seem to be a natural born leader."

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jayden W. on Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:32 am

ooc|| Super writers block, I have. I'll try, though.
ic||
"What are you doing?" he whispered loudly so that the dog could probably here. He was glad that Claire wouldn't have to stay after school, but he was just desperate to have this wolf kicked out of the school. Who did he think he was, after all? "LEAVE" he whispered once more.

He saw Claire's pleading face, but kept his face composed and stone hard. The repulsive smell was utterly unbearable. Jayden cut off his air supply to block the smell, but somehow, it was still there. He groaned softly and rolled his eyes. He would not put up with this! This guy, the hairy little dog, comes in late and throws a party.

Once again, he sighed.

Jayden W.
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Monroe on Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:50 am

Mr. Avalos looked toward the ceilings, praying for an answer, but none came. Fine, he thought, roughly snapping his chalk to the chalkboard. If his entire class wanted to come and stay late this afternoon, that was fine. Kids these days, he inwardly groaned.

Claire looked up at Logan, who was taking his bow to the entire cheering class, in amazement, the barest hint of a grin on her face. She chuckled, impressed by his ballsy move. She smiled at him appreciatively and, leaning over so he could hear her over the rowdy class, whispered “thank you”.

She turned back to Jayden, expecting to see him excited or relieved for her sake or impressed or any number of generally pleasant emotions. She was not prepared for the cold look on his face though. She frowned, putting her hand on his arm to get his attention. She immediately withdrew it, stunned by how cold and hard it felt even through the fabric of his clothing. “Are you alright?” She asked, furrowing her brow. He looked angry, and his look had been directed right at Logan just a moment before, she was sure of it.

Did Jayden know Logan? Was there something he knew that she should be aware of. She turned in her seat to look at the tall, dark skinned classmate who had just gotten them both out of detention. She felt grateful, but at the same time very cautious. She knew very few people well at this school and worried that maybe there was something horrible he had done. Judging by the look on Jayden’s cold, beautiful face, there had to be. Right?

Monroe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:30 am

Logan smiled back at Claire, tipping an imaginary hat as was his custom, before tucking his chin to his chest, and appearing to fall asleep immediately. Internally though, he was still wide awake, paying complete attention to his surroundings. Some people tried to covertly observe others, he had found that crude and unsuccesful. People have a sixth sense about things like that, they can always tell when they are being watched.

Logan instead chose to listen. He could obtain as much if not more information from the audio and people were none the wiser. Pretending he was asleep allowed him to garner all the information he needed from the class, and keep up his image. Furthermore it allowed him time to think. One thing that he had picked up from his role as a silent listener was shockingly good hearing, and he could have sworn he heard that new kid tell him to leave. He hadn't noticed him before, but now that he did, there was something unshakably unsettling about him.

Logan cracked one eye open, just the slightest bit, allowing him to see this character. The merest sight caused the hair on the back of his neck to stand and an odd feeling to swell through him, a sort of protective rage, as if he were a mama bear and this intruder was threatening his cubs. Subconciously, a low growl slipped free from his chest, surprising him. Instantly he masked it, opening his mouth and allowing the rumble to turn into a snore, garnering a few laughs, and hiding the true noise. Somehow he doubted that the new kid would be fooled though. Something about him seemed... inhuman. Uncanny. And the smell, agh the smell! How had he not noticed that, he wrinkled his nose in disgust, the corners of his mouth turning down sharply. The kid smelled horrible, absolutely terrible. Why was no one saying anything, it was as if they didn't notice, but how could they not?!?! The stench was over powering. Yet the rest of the class appeared oblivious - Claire was even touching the abhorrent kid. "What the hell is going on." Logan muttered to himself under his breath.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jayden W. on Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:22 am

Jayden flinched at the sudden touch from the girl sitting next to him. He was not paying attention, for once, to anything. Why did she touch him? How could she even bring the courage to touch him?

He turned towards Claire and muttered, "Fine," very slowly. He gazed out the window, though as alert as ever. He knew exactly what lecture was about: the chemical make-up of DNA and how to alter it slightly. He had gone through this lecture at least 20 times, him being around 140 years old with the look of a 17 year old. Sometimes he passed for older, or younger.

He heard people whispering about trivial human matters, such as: how they were gaining weight, their bad hair day, silly matters at home. Jayden sighed, and glanced at the wolf. He heard the dog ask what was going on. As if he didn't know! Jayden could see him tense, but did the dog know what he was?

Jayden narrowed his eyes, but looked out the window, with his fists clenched. That rechid(sp?) smell was so bad!

Jayden W.
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Monroe on Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:23 pm

Intuition told Claire that there was an internal war being fought in this classroom. She could feel tension in the air, though everyone around her seemed oblivious to it. She no longer took diligent notes in her spiral; instead, she let her eyes slowly roam the classroom. Students around her ignored the teacher, chattering away about different things. A window at the back of the room was cracked slightly open, and the people seated next to it were shivering in the frigid air. It was only fall, but already it was freezing. She noticed Logan napping in his chair, chin resting on his chest, but something about his features seemed alert. He was like a cat taking a nap- always aware and ready for action at the smallest change. Jayden had recoiled from her touch, much like she had when she had felt his ice-cold skin. What was going on with him? She’s never felt skin so cold.

The bell rang and the rest of the class quickly poured out of the room, loud and noisy in their human stampede. Claire gathered her books into her book bag slowly and tugged on the back of Logan’s vest when he was about to leave in order to stop him. She glanced around, making sure there weren’t a lot of people around. She felt uncomfortable speaking around groups. When she had to make class presentations, she usually skipped that day or pretended to be sick so she wouldn’t have to do it.

“Hey,” She said, a flustered look on her face. “Thanks again for getting me
 well, both of us, out of detention.” She said hurriedly, then took off in the direction of her next class. The hallways were filled, but she somehow managed to get to her math class and only bumped into a few people with her uneven, book heavy gait. Most people ignored her, mistaking her for an unimportant freshman, but she didn’t mind. She wished she had at least one good friend. She wasn’t exactly anti social, and she got along well with most people she met, but the year before her best friend had moved to another state and left her all alone. Now, Claire felt lonely, especially with the start of a new year.

Her next few periods passed in a blur until finally the bell for lunch rang. She took her time getting to the cafeteria and patiently waited in line for her tray. When she had paid for her lunch she stood awkwardly by the utensil stand, searching for a friendly face. None popped out at her and she decided to take her lunch outside, where there were far less people who could see how pathetically friendless she was on the first day of school.

Monroe
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!