Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Keepers [OOC]

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Keepers [OOC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GhaKha on Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:29 pm

The Keepers:

Darkened Dawn

The world is full of monsters. Werewolves, vampires, demons... it goes on, and on. They hunt and kill innocent, defenseless humans for food and for sport. They have done so in secret for thousands of years. Some of us fight back. We are Keepers. Keepers of life. Of Peace. Of humanity. And we are losing.

These creatures are born as killers, unnaturally strong, fast, and deadly. We humans must train and turn ourselves from simple humans to killing machines.
It used to be that sword and hand were enough to hold them back, but they got smart and we needed something better. The oldest of our scholars discovered that humans hold a strange power within them that can only be described as the power of their soul. With enough time and practice this power can be used to make a person as strong as ten demons. It can help slow aging, and turn even the dullest of minds into that of a genius. The only problem is that some people cannot use this power and it has lead many to their death.

Your soul is your only defense.

So use it.

The plot of this role play is simple.
You will play as a Keeper, who hunts monsters of all kinds. I hope that this role play will span into other arcs and I have a huge story planned for it that will take you to the very heart of the world and back.
There are a few things to know about being a Keeper:

Your soul is your only weapon.
Each Keeper's soul creates a weapon from it's own energy that is built from their personality, their strengths and their weaknesses. For example: A strong and silent man would produce a large sword or a heavy halberd, maybe even just armour so that he could fight with his fists. It all depends on the character.
From then, a stronger Keeper can use their soul to perform 'Magicks' that are similar to the spells you might imagine: Creating fire, water, ice, things like that. But the strength of it all depends on the strength of the caster, and, like the weapons, the kind of magick they create is completely unique to them.

Keepers have a secret world built into ours. They live in huge under-ground cities, and many own some of the world's largest companies to fund their research, house their Keepers, and feed them among many other things.

Many Keepers are avid scholars, and as such, they have huge databases on the monsters they know of that can help with studying them and creating battle tactics.

Skeletons:

Name:

Description:

Weapon:

Short Bio:

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

GhaKha
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Keepers [OOC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jai on Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:14 pm

Hmm, sounds fun. I hope it goes far :D

Name: Eva Moriner

Description: Eva is not a very good keeper. She is naturally talented but she doesn't have the patience to practice. She is often jealous of those who do. With friends, she is generally happy, a little too loud and very much a dork. With new people, or people she doesn't like, she tends to be quiet and passive, if she doesn't like the person enough, she'll eventually make it obvious.

She is a small, busty girl with thick, dark brown hair, dark eyes and a little nose. Her clothes vary depending on her mood that day. Her hair is usually up, or in a hat or headband.

Weapon: Her soul can act as a forcefeild that looks like many different beams of colour circling her. It can also be weaponized as the colours can be shot at people, though at the skill level she's at now, she can only conjure up twenty beams a day.

Short Bio: Born from a family of keepers, Eva is the weakest of the bunch. she is the third of five children and ran away from home due to a lack of attention that was in all honesty all in her head. (This will probably become more specific as the game goes on.)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jai
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mummydove on Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:53 pm

i like this rp=^.^=

Name: alice

Description:http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr281/fox_122/723ca877a79844dfdb8d3f2b21fdabca.jpg

Weapon: her weapon is ice

Short Bio: she cant remember her past only a few things like she has a little sister name rose and thats why she with the keepers to find her also ahe doesnt show how she feels really.(i like to be in this so just tell me if i should change something that u dnt like or something >.< hope u like it tho)

mummydove
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GhaKha on Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:30 pm

I'll accept Jai's.

I CANNOT accept yours fennec.

It was really badly written, in that I couldn't make sense of it. Also, for a description you just gave a picture of a neko-girl when you're playing a human.

GhaKha
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mummydove on Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:31 pm

mmm okay i guess it is sorry i got confused n stuff also im new to this well goodbye ill try a other one....

mummydove
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby heavens_plague on Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:03 am

Name: Jericho Knight

Description: Jericho Knight has hooded purple eyes that are like two amethysts. His thick, curly, very short hair is the color of cold ashes, and is worn in a severe, uncomplicated style. He is very tall and has a slender build. His skin is of creamy peach.His wardrobe is of genuine clothing, custom tailored.

He wears a black tailored trench coat with a sports coat a purple tie and a black button up shirt underneath with black dress pants and dress shoes.

Weapon: His soul can create a sword and a shield or two swords depending what he feels is best for the fight, the shield will always go to his left arm unless he is duel wielding.

Short Bio: Jericho Knight was trained by his father Rain Knight who was a Keeper. Jerichos mother died after he was born so Rain started training him very young. Even though he dresses very well and does not look like the fighter due to his size, Jericho learned very quickly the offensive and defensive ways of a Knight.

(Hopefully this works if the soul weapons dont work let me know and I'll fix it. It just seems to fit and I want to show an agressive side to him later IG with the duel wielding if I can get it.)

heavens_plague
Member for 15 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GhaKha on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:45 am

awesome, accepted. ^_^

GhaKha
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby heavens_plague on Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:15 pm

Cool, I was hoping this would get accepted! How many more are you trying to get Ghak?

heavens_plague
Member for 15 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BeautifulTragedy on Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:29 pm

Name:
Rosemary 'Rose' Haldyn

(If the age is too young just let me know and I'll change it!)

Description:
Rosemary is taller than the average female, 5'9'', which has added to the dificulty of being better intune with herself. She weighs 130 lbs., having the build of someone who excercises when the time is available. Her face is heart-shaped with wide eyes a shade lighter than sapphire, standing out against freckles dotted around her face, which are most prominent across her nose. Her face is framed with dark blonde hair, which can be mistaken easily for brown at a good distance. When she was younger it was long, past her shoulders, but since then she's cut it up, just a few centimeters below her ears. She wears a side-swept bang on the left side of her face, not having much of a specific style to her hair since its short. When it comes to choice of clothing she isn't too picky about her wardrobe. Her style ranges from dresses to jeans, though its become more and more rare to see her in a dress or skirt. She had become quite accustomed to wearing tank tops and jogging pants, things that don't cling to the body and restrict her movement.

Weapon:
A bow and arrow, a weapon great for far-ranged fighting. Rosemary isn't as strong with hand-to-hand combat, not only because she never got 100% comfortable but also because she isn't confident with fist fighting. Her bow is plated in a shiny metal, the certain kind still unknown to her, with grooves along it that are colored in a deep blue. Its pretty, befitting her personality. Its light to the hand, and reveals her love for ornate design. The arrows are like a silver light, very loose in form. They are numbered depending on her mental state, if shes heavily wounded the count will be low and summoning more arrows will be difficult.

Short Bio:
Rosemary was the lone child of Maria and Gage Haldyn, both Keepers. They wanted to train their daughter the best they could, but you can only get so far when a child is unwilling to learn. They pushed her, encouraging her to practice and be the best, but Rosemary wasn't thrilled about being a Keeper. She didn't want to kill things, even if their exsistance would result in the downfall of mankind. You could say she was just lazy, wanting to live a normal life where she didn't have to train or worry about fighting. It took the untimely death of her father to make her realize that she had a job to do, and people she cared about would suffer as a direct result from her too laid-back, uncaring outlook on life. Finally she got up and sparred with her mother, trying to make up for all of the time she had missed. Needless to say she isn't the strongest Keeper out there, but she's able to hold her own.

I really hope this is okay, I like the idea!

BeautifulTragedy
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Souseiki on Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:48 pm

Name: Darius Khane

Description: Image

Weapon: Darius' soul takes the form of multiple line-like rays, which has the potential to sharpen, speed themselves, form a platform, or to even form a barrier around. These rays have many properties and can be devastating, the only set-back being that it stays in its' small form. Most of the time the color of these lines are blue, but they can change, though its' rare. In his present state, Darius can only use these for the limited time of one hour, those minutes being used on the time he uses the rays.

Short Bio:
Darius' family were not Keepers, but rather just rogues who could use their souls to protect only themselves. Unfortunately, when he was only five years old, his parents and siblings were ambushed by a group of vampires, and died a death while defending him. He himself only lived because a group of Keepers came a bit later, defeating the vampires and rescuing him. Thus, he was admitted to live in an underground city, living at a school meant to train a person's soul. From then on he lived and trained himself every day, slowly growing in power and in age.

Darius was, indeed, quite willing to learn. This aspect combined with the other, his seemingly limitless potential, made him accelerate faster than normal. For example, reaching a stage in one month, whereas others would take three. When he became 13, he left his school and traveled around, hoping to find others who could further his studies from what he had already learned. However, after three years of searching, he never found a person who could teach him, let alone keep up with him, and went back to his previous city to settle down. Even though he is adept at using his soul, he could never break down his one hour limit, so he resolved to sharpening it and bending it in separate ways. Darius has never really been in a real encounter with a monster, thus lacking experience through all else.
Watch the rhythm, feel the moment

Souseiki
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!