Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A kid in a straitjacket decided to join the fun....

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

A kid in a straitjacket decided to join the fun....

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AkiraAsylum on Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:58 pm

Hey everyone,

I go by Akira for the most part. It isn't the name I was given at birth but the name I've grown to love and take as my own. I also go by Kira or A.K.. I am sixteen and female.
I am "Asylum Obsessed." I fell upon my love of Asylums, insanity, and mental health problems about four years back. Why such a thing became one of my main interests I may never know. Painting, writing, drawing, and sculpting are more of my artistic interests.
I started role playing on vampirefreaks but quickly got bored since most of the role playing cults were repeats and none had a "deeper" story to them, at least to me anyways. I quit for a while due to a chaotic life but went back to find I was still bored with it. I started searching for somewhere else to role play and after going through a few other sites I landed here, hoping that I may find my new home.
As I said, I am a female but I prefer to role play as males. Fantasy, Sci-fi, Horror, and well, pretty much anything that catches my interest.

I've looked around the site and to be honest, there is a lot to take in and learn it seems. I've read through the rules and such but I would love it if someone would be willing to take me under their wing for a bit and teach me the ropes of the site.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AkiraAsylum
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: A kid in a straitjacket decided to join the fun....

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:31 am

Hey there, AkiraAsylum! I love seeing you posting around here. (:

Anyways, I'm Sato, nice to meet you, yadda-yadda. You've probably heard me introduce myself before. I'm a Designer here at RolePlayGateway, which means I am a creative shepherd of all things artistic, looky and feely.

If you love painting, drawing, and sculpting, then I'm gonna direct you to the Creative Realm if you haven't already stopped by there. It's a place to post all your original works of fiction, writing, artwork, music, games, anything!

Sounds like you have a decent background in roleplaying. That's awesome - we're glad to add you to the ranks.

I'll take you under my wing, friend. (: Any questions that you have about anything at all, don't hesitate to ask them. I've been around here for a handful of years, by now, so I know the ins and outs and ups and downs if you're wondering something.

Hope to talk to you soon!

-VV

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AkiraAsylum on Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:45 pm

Thank you :3

So the "RPG Directory" has me a bit confused... At the top of my bowser and on the tab it states "Places to Roleplay on RolePlayGateway" but it's for reviews and such different role playing sites, correct?

I noticed I wasn't getting alerts if someone replied to me on the site, only to my email, maybe I missed something in the settings.... or simply do you not get alerts of such on the site?

Again thank you.

AkiraAsylum
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:31 pm

About the Directory, it's a place for other websites (I think) to sponsor themselves. I believe they pay a fee to be featured there. I'm not sure. And that sentence, I imagine, is meant to be read like [A list of] "Places to Roleplay" [that is found] on RolePlayGateway.

You can get e-mail alerts from messing with your user control panel, I think. Clicking the "View Your Posts" button will also show a list of everything that you've either posted yourself, or posted in. It's probably the most used button on the website, side-wide, so if it ever is slow or is a bit finicky, bear with the poor thing. xD

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby irRESPondible on Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:07 pm

AkiraAsylum wrote:
Hey everyone,

I go by Akira for the most part. It isn't the name I was given at birth but the name I've grown to love and take as my own. I also go by Kira or A.K.. I am sixteen and female.
I am "Asylum Obsessed." I fell upon my love of Asylums, insanity, and mental health problems about four years back. Why such a thing became one of my main interests I may never know. Painting, writing, drawing, and sculpting are more of my artistic interests.
I started role playing on vampirefreaks but quickly got bored since most of the role playing cults were repeats and none had a "deeper" story to them, at least to me anyways. I quit for a while due to a chaotic life but went back to find I was still bored with it. I started searching for somewhere else to role play and after going through a few other sites I landed here, hoping that I may find my new home.
As I said, I am a female but I prefer to role play as males. Fantasy, Sci-fi, Horror, and well, pretty much anything that catches my interest.

I've looked around the site and to be honest, there is a lot to take in and learn it seems. I've read through the rules and such but I would love it if someone would be willing to take me under their wing for a bit and teach me the ropes of the site.

Mmm... very interested on that....

irRESPondible
Member for 10 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!