Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Left 4 Dead: Abandonment (IC)

a topic in Video Games, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on video games.

Re: Left 4 Dead: Abandonment (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby John84 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:31 am

"You mean... leave... this place...?", Troy asked the trigger happy little girl. So much for that peaceful feeling. He looked around the room and realized that they had all already made up their minds to go to this Fort Collins place that Alice speaks of; with or without him. "Shit", Troy thought to himself weighing his options. Not much of an option, really. Troy knew that if he split from this group he may never see another person again - at least, not one that won't try to eat him. Troy nodded in agreement. It was a very weak nod which the others in the room besides Alice may not have even seen. A nod so weak it was as if something inside of Troy was telling him that this was the wrong decision. Whatever that something was, Troy suppressed it. He knew he would die or go insane if he were to allow this group to leave without him; whichever came first.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

John84
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby regilia on Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:04 pm

Ryan reloaded his shotgun and rifle then made sure that the pistols in his pockets were on safety so that he didn't shoot his leg on accident. He made sure his katana was ready if needed and walked out the back door of the store with his weapons and backpack full of food and supplies. He saw a zombie leaning agaisnt the wall to his left, so he pulled out his katana and cut it from the top of its hip to it's opposite shoulder sending the parts sliding apart.
No other undead were anywhere near so he took off into the woods behind the store. He shot a few rounds from the rifle killing the few infected he saw on the way. Then he heard and saw a tree collapse to his right. Suddenly a figure appeared that looked like half of it was deflated and other half the exaxt opposite. It charged forward and wrapped it's hand around Ryan as it continued to ram through the tress until finally it ran straight at the fort he was heading to. It slammed him into the wall then began to smash him into the ground.
"Help me!" He yelled as it continued to slma him down. "It's killing me!"
[√]I am very special
[√]I do what I want
[√]I don't care

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

regilia
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aufeis on Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:46 am

(Fort Garland isn't literally a fort, but a small town in Colorado.)

Tyler felt the ground shake as something crashed into something else nearby, nearly knocking him off of his feet. β€œHelp me! It’s killing me!” Without a second thought, Tyler turned the corner, seeing a Charger smearing a guy into the pavement, β€œCharger!”

He took out his Uzi and plugged an entire clip into the thing, being careful not to hit the kid in its giant fist. When the creature fell over, releasing the kid on impact, he rushed over and started to help the young man up, looking him over as he did, β€œCome on, come on, we don’t have time for this shit, kid, you’re fine.”

----------------------------

Amy shook her head, β€œWell, for a little while, we’re not going anywhere. Nothing wrong with resting up before going back out onto the zombie filled streets. Besides, we should be fine for now. I’m going to set my alarm, get some sleep. We leave in a few hours.” With that, she flipped out her sleeping bag and pulled on a blindfold, taking her glasses off and shutting them tightly in a hard case. Her security strap that kept her glasses on in one of those situations where most people lost theirs went along with them, and she snapped the case, which echoed in the small room. Everything went blurry but it didn’t really bother her. She had grown used to her handicap over the years, and it hadn’t stopped her from getting into the academy, or even onto the force itself. And it sure as hell wasn’t going to stop her from surviving in a zombie apocalypse.

((If Zeke or Chulance’s character show up, could you kill off Billy somehow, Gummy?))
Beware the Wrath of Color Changing Kirby.

Aufeis
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby regilia on Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:36 am

(Oh sorry didn't know. BTW Shouldn't Bill just be seperated from the rest of the group never to be heard from again? That way it goes along with the story of Bill, Zoey, Luis, Francis.)

Ryan accepted the help and immediatly felt the pain in his chest. He knew he hadn't broken anything but some of his ribs were probably cracked. "Man." he said "Do all the specials ,you were talking about, hurt that bad? Oh ya and by the way..." He pulled out a piece of papaer with all of the information he needed on it and handed it to the man. "I'm Ryan."

regilia
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aufeis on Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:12 pm

Tyler laughed, taking the card, "Depends. They hurt in different ways. Spitters burn you with acid, Jockey’s choke you and run you into hordes. It’s all fun. We’ll have to see about wrapping those ribs. Guys, cover me for a second, would you? Lemme just....fix this up.” He asked, taking a first aid kit out of his backpack and taking some medical tape and wrapping his ribs tightly. Wouldn’t fix any ribs that were messed up, but it would hopefully keep them from getting any worse; it would also help with the pain, "There, that should help. Keep you moving at least."

Aufeis
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordHyper on Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:09 pm

Somewhere near the survivors, I sat in my house. I was a petty thief and had managed to steal a safe room door, barbed wire and boards, and a large supply of food. Wih all of this, I successfully converted my house into a safe house from the zombies. Despite the fact I was safe, I felt lonley. Not many people visits my safe house and they only stay for a few days before they set off. I'm not sure what happened to those that visited my house, but last week, I thought I saw a zombie of a person that visited my house. There was banging against the safe house door. I frowned and headed toward the cabinet and opened it, showing that it is filled with pipe bombs. I threw a pipe bomb through the bars of the windows, and all of the zombies went after it. "Yeah, you better run." With the zombies outside of my house distracted, I went to a radio, which was connected to speakers I have connected around the city, so that way, the zombies would never know where the message came from. I turned on the mic and talked to it. "Attention any remaining survivors in the city. I'm going to leave the city, and I'll bring people with me. I have a large supply of food and a supply of pipe bombs. I'll be leaving the city in a few days. My location is at 5256 Festival Avenue. Please come if you want to survive." I turned off the mic as I heard the horde screeching and running around. The speaker plan had worked: those frickin zombies don't know where I am.

LordHyper
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aufeis on Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:07 pm

(Billy isn’t really Bill, but he simply reminded me of him. He’s too young to be Bill. I only made the comment as a joke, but good thinking anyway.)

Tyler looked over at his shoulder, waving to his new companions. This kid was hopefully going to stay close, because if you could hold a gun, you could help. He also didn’t want to send the kid off without help. Hopefully they’d find a doctor that had survived the apocalypse, and get him fixed up, but more than likely Tyler was going to have to put his mediocre knowledge to the test.

----------------------------------------------

Amy sank slowly into a dream, where things weren’t living hell. A reprieve from the insanity, real or not, was all that kept you alive it seemed.

----------------------------------------------

Devin heard the pipe bomb beeping and then heard the explosion. He held the shotgun level and the flashlight he had duck taped to the muzzle illuminated a house that looked relatively safe. He ducked around the corner of the building, under the windows and stood back up at the door, peering inside at a sole figure in the half-light. He shown his flashlight inside and asked, β€œYa’ll got room for the likes-a me?”

Aufeis
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Manio on Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:47 pm

Clarke heard an explosion coming from his right. He held the baseball bat tight in his hands, his knuckles turning white. This whole thing was crap, he couldn't shoot a gun to save his life but yet he still carried a M9. He had busted a couple of heads with his baseball bat, but his best bet for now was to find a group and ultimately survive.

As he walked towards the house he heard the distinct scream of a Hunter somewhere in the distance. As he walked to the front of the house he noticed a man standing at the front door peering inside.

Clarke lifted the bat and prepared to strike, just in case this guy was infected.

"Say something, or I'm gonna kill you..."

Manio
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aufeis on Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:07 pm

Devin turned to the man behind him, who was wielding a baseball bat, β€œYer bat versus my shotgun. Try me.” He said, cocking the shotgun, ejecting a spent shell from the ejection port. Was this guy serious? How had he managed to survive with only that dinky thing and a little handgun? He pushed two more shells, which he produced from a pocket in his hunting vest, into the gun, hearing the smooth click as they slid into place.

Aufeis
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Manio on Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:11 pm

"Oh". Clarke lowered the bat and slid it into the holder which he made onto his back. He looked behind him, hearing the scream of a Hunter once more.

"My names Clarke, don't see a need to give my last name. I was a Grocery Store Cashier...and I'm here looking to hold out. What's your story?"

He was thinking about this guy, reacting before thinking can be bad. Just proven at that moment. He didn't want that Hunter to pounce anytime soon.

Manio
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chat Noir on Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:19 pm

Alice smiled at the new guy again. "See? We're gonna stay here and rest for a bit, no worries. Fort Collins is supposed to be a place where you can let your guard down and just live, knowing you're safe. It'll be tough getting there, but it's definetly worth the try." Alice then yawned and stretched. She was getting tired, Amy was already out cold.

"Sleep time kid, you heard Amy, we get up soon." Bill had been listening, and his tone was actually soft when he spoke to Alice this time, her words seemed to bring some feelings out of him. No one else knew it, but he used to have a daughter, one that would be about Alice's age.

Alice didn't need telling twice, she drifted off to sleep quickly, tired from the day of running. Her dreams were peaceful, mostly filled with thoughts of seeing Talon happy in Fort Collins...
Image -Girls are not complicated. Seriously, how hard is it to say 'you're pretty' and give us chocolate?

-Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were catholic...

-I will kill you until you DIE from it!

Chat Noir
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aufeis on Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:40 pm

Devin looked at the guy, "Ah'm Dev, and I shot shit. Smashed my fiancee's skull in when she tried to kill me. How many zombies you killed with those dinky little weapons?" He was looking over the Clarke's shoulder for the Hunter he'd heard screaming a few seconds ago. He was waiting for it to pounce, and when it did, he'd skeet its ass like there was no tomorrow. He didn't go to the skeet range all those times for no reason.

Aufeis
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Manio on Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:13 pm

"As many as I needed to survive. I don't see this as a competition to kill these things, it's about survival not how good your weaponry is."

He sighed and walked into the house past Devin.

"I'm not just going to stand around, you can if you want. Hunter pounces on you, not my fault." said Clarke turning on his flashlight as he entered the house. It was dark, and a musty scent was in the air.

Manio
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aufeis on Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:51 pm

((Wasn't the safe room locked from the inside?))

"Boy, you never been down to a skeet range, have yah?" At that moment, the hunter came flying out of a window from a neighboring building; he raised the shotgun to his shoulder and blew its head off, sidestepping the body as it hit the ground next to him, blood slathering out of the gaping neck and onto the patio, "That's called skeetin', boyo, and it'll keep ya alive out here. 'sides, competition makes this shit fun. Keeps ya from going wacky." He said, slinging the shotgun over his back, the sling jangling on the clasps of his hunting vest.

Aufeis
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Manio on Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:57 pm

Clarke shook his head. It seemed like this man was odd, but he was the only person he had seen "alive" for weeks. Might as well enjoy it. He pulled out a cigarette and lit it up, and he inhaled deeply and blew out some smoke.

"Smoke?" asked Clarke holding the pack of cigarettes towards Devin. Smoking usually calmed Clarke's nerves, funny thing was is that this infection was his excuse to start smoking. He looked behind him and up and sighed.

"This sucks."

Manio
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aufeis on Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:34 pm

((I'm going to go ahead and assume that you Clarke reached through the bars and unlocked it, with no protest from Mr. Pipebomb.))

"And turn into one of them cancerous, long tongued shit for brains? No thanks." Devin replied, turning around and locking the safe house's door, "So, Mr. Pipebomb, what's your story? How long ye been here? And where the hell did ye get all this shit?" He asked, referring to the building materials he had used for the safe house. It was a good piece of work, but he wondered how long its supplies would last.

------------------------

Amy woke up with a startled gasp. She'd dreamed of her partner again. They had been friends since recruitment. Graduated the same academy class together. She wiped a few drops of sweat from her brow and sighed. The freezer was dark, so she took out her cell phone and illuminated the darkness. She couldn't tell, but it seemed like the fuzzy blobs of color in front of her were sleeping. She yawned, stretched, and looked at her watch. Only a two hours had passed lazily by. She turned over and went back to sleep.

Aufeis
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadesohn on Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:23 pm

(Sorry for not posting in a while. Had something unexpected.)

Jade walked over to the Tyler and the newcomer as he looked around watching for any other infected. He saw the dead charger and said, "I'm not sure how long we can stick around here before the infected decide to check out this place. Should we move out?" He had made Tyler the decision maker since he knew where to go. He listened carefully as he heard the moans of some infected that were probably on their way.

Jadesohn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby regilia on Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:13 am

Ryan turned to The other guy. "Ya I don't wan't to end up getting attacked by another one of those things." In the background somewhere he could hear a sound that was almost like someone was about to hauk a loogy at him. He turned around and flipped around his shotgun firing into the trees he heard it from. Suddenly there was a small bursting noise and a green sizling liquid started to seep from the area.
"That's weird. Was that a boomer, because that wasn't a very big explosion when I shot it?"

regilia
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aufeis on Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:50 am

Tyler shook his head, "No, that's a Spitter. Bitch is relatively new. Her spit is some sort of acid. She seemed to evolve from pregnant women, but I'm not really sure about her. When they die, they release a shit load of acid, making it incredibly hard to do any sort of invasive research. Bodies burn up in their own acid. And you're right. We do need to get to the next safe house. Its a couple of blocks away, so everyone stay close, and move quick.

Aufeis
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby regilia on Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:33 am

"Alrighty then," He said cocking his shotgun. "Let's bust some Bitch's head's." He remembered something that his brother taught him. Ryan ran into the radio station looking at all of the parts and tangles of wires that were crowding around. "Do you mind if I use a few of these spare parts and if you have any pipes or small containers could I use them." He turned back looking through all of the wires and stuff. He turned back to Talon again. "Also do you have any flamable liquid? This may all sound weird and all but trust me it will be helpful later when were fighting large groups of zombies.

regilia
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!