Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Lonely ♥ Hearts {An Unlikely High-School Romance}

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Lonely ♥ Hearts {An Unlikely High-School Romance}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ReiRyuusei on Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:31 pm

Lonely heart is what I'll be
And no one cares for me
Let me show you now
The way that it would be if you were with me...

~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~

She was infamous.

The Beauty Queen.
The Ice Queen.
The Queen Bee.

And she had it all. The clothes. The hair. The body.
The ambition to know what she wanted and the brains to help her get it.
She also had him. The perfect boyfriend. He was hot, rich, and he knew it.

And then they broke up. And it was like dominoes, from one bad thing to the next.
Her parents told her they were getting a divorce. She got sick of her group of fake friends. The principal called her to his office.

And he told her that unless she showed some extracurricular activities, her first choice of university wouldn't consider her even with her near-flawless grades.

What was she to do?
She didn't like sport. She didn't have any outstanding hobbies or interests.
Besides shopping, of course.

And then, she had an epipany.
The Lonely Hearts Club.
A place to go and chill out, to drink tea and socialize with fellow loners alike.
It was a pefect plan... All she had to do was sit in school for an extra hour or so.
And it would all lead to those pretty little words on her university application.

Founder & Chairman of The Lonely Hearts Club,
a support group for the socially excluded.

A clear statement to her leadership and organisation abilities, as well as a caring and compassionate nature.
And she wouldn't even have to raise a finger.

After all, no loser would actually go to the Lonely Hearts club...
Right?

~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~

So there you have it, an interest check for a high-school role-play, featuring friendship, romance and drama. The brief character outlines are as follows { which you are free to add to or chop-and-choose yourself } ::

The Beauty Queen :: Gorgeous. Smart. Ruthless. This Queen Bee is out to have the world. She is more brat than bitch, but I wouldn't cross her if I were you, as she takes no prisoners. She's had a lot on her plate recently and after being dumped by her boyfriend, The Rich Prick, and then dumping her own 'friends', she has no interest in interacting with any more human beings in the interests of any kind of companionship until high-school has ended. Being the founder and chairwoman of the Lonely Hearts Clubs is just a ruse to get her way to her top university.

The Rich Prick :: Smokin' hot. Totally loaded. The most arrogant asshole to ever grace these school hallways. This guy does what he wants, when he wants... And who he wants. His never had to work for a thing in his life... Except being captain of the winning swim team. He used to be dating The Beauty Queen but dumped her for reasons no other guy in school can fathom. His father has high expectations of him going to university to study the family business... But is that what he really wants?

The Plain Jane :: Average looks. Average grades. Average family. This girl just blends in with the crowd and does her best not to stand out. Her life's pretty normal... If a little lonely. After moving schools for her final year, she hasn't really clicked with any of the cliques. Sometimes she thinks it would be nice to tell her parents about having real friends.

The Nice Guy :: Kinda cute. A little dorky. A friend to all. This guy is always quick with a joke or happy to offer a shoulder to cry on. After his mom died five years ago, it's been just him and his dad, but they're pulling through. He has no real issues besides that... And the fact he's still a virgin at 18. Maybe it's just something he's doing wrong, but he just can't seem to get the girl.

The Goth Girl :: Black hair. Black make-up. Black clothes. It's no surprise she often gets mistaken for a vampire... Or asked if she worships the devil. She's neither of those things, she's just doing things her own way. Pity it seems she's the only one living the gothic lifestyle in this small town. Her parents think she's harbouring depression. Her teachers get sick of the facial piercings. And her friends are mostly on the internet. Seriously, can't anyone give her a break?

The Bad Boy :: Leather jacket? Check. Motorcycle? Check. Tattoo? Check. This one's from the rough end of the town and he's certinaly living up to the stereotype. He's been held back two years and he's got a crimibal record for fighting. Good thing his boozy father is finally behind bars so him and his mother can have some piece. Maybe this year he'll finally be able to pass and leave this crappy chapter of his life behind for good.

Eventual Romances :: { Bearing in mind these are the ones I'd like to see, so it's fine if were wanna jiggle them round a bit. }

The Beauty Queen x The Bad Boy
The Nice Guy x The Goth Girl
The Rich Prick x The Plain Jane

~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~

So, if you're interest, drop us a note and we'll see if we can get this happening.
And just so you know, I plan to be playing The Beauty Queen ;)
Until then :)
Last edited by ReiRyuusei on Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Give my post a rate, will ya? :3

Image Image
Feed Me!
Adopted from Valenth

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ReiRyuusei
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Lonely ♥ Hearts {An Unlikely High-School Romance}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scarlett_Rose on Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:21 pm

Actually sounds like it could become something...if you put together the right group. I hate romances that are planned...but as you stated you would like to see it end up this way. I'm assuming you are allowing it to play out as a normal life? People dating and breaking up?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Scarlett_Rose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mazzyrazzy on Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:05 pm

Seems to me like you're setting many of your characters up to be Mary Sues. I would consider not letting your characters be so defined.
Oh god how did this get here I'm not good with computer

Mazzyrazzy
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ReiRyuusei on Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:31 am

Scarlett_Rose :: Well, like I said, that's how I would like things to end up, but if things go differently then surely it can only serve to make things more interesting.

Mazzyrazzy :: If you'd noticed, at the beginning of the character outlines I said;

The brief character outlines are as follows { which you are free to add to or chop-and-choose yourself }

'Chop-and-choose' meaning you don't have to follow the outline down to the letter. It's your decision how much of it you wish to follow. But if you're unhappy with the way things have been set out, then I guess that's the way things go.

ReiRyuusei
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mazzyrazzy on Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:19 pm

I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Mazzyrazzy
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby starguitar96 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:59 am

Can i join this wonderful rp

starguitar96
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!