Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Looking for a friend or a mentor.

a topic in The Academy, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Scholars

Wanting to improve your writing? The Scholars are here to help! Find guides, tutorials, and even 1-on-1 mentoring threads here!

Looking for a friend or a mentor.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Holy|Orders on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:24 am

Hi well i am an new user on this forum and i only have an experience in Rpg for a few months so i would like to know if someone would want to help me with this Rpg.When it comes to simple things like speaking and making an history of the character i do not have problems.But when it comes to battle and to describe something like an battle and a few actions i have some problems.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Holy|Orders
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Looking for a friend or a mentor.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:40 am

Hey there, Holy|Orders! I'm Sato, one of the people that posted on your "welcome" thread just a few minutes ago. Glad to help you out with anything I can, though.

When you're talking about a battle, do you mean with a character that you are writing, or a battle with another person, something you'd seen in the arena thread? Like, you post something and then they reply to it, trying to defeat you? Or just an encounter in your own story where your own characters are battling it out?

I'm no expert in Arena fighting, but I can write a mean NPC (non-player character) fight scene.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Holy|Orders on Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:42 pm

for example when i am writing with an character and it comes to battle i don't know how to describe actions that are about battle and so i can't have an battle because i shall lose it,yes i speak about my own character.

Holy|Orders
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:19 pm

You could browse some of the threads in the Battle Arena thread, and read some of the fights past and present there. I am obviously not suggesting that you copy what you see, but by reading the posts you could get a sense of the ebb and flow of a battle. Above that, you could learn some of the terminology and whatnot of "fighters" these days. And, of course, it could be applicable to your own writing situation.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Holy|Orders on Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:10 am

thanks and because english isn't my natal language but romanian is my natal language i am not an expert at english anyway i tried to make an partial character sheet for an rpg for the rpg Assassin's Pledge: War of Attrition but the game master of the rpg told me "Well Holy|Orders... I have to be honest because it's who I am.

I am concerned about your literacy and your potential as a player. The profile states that your character hates Assassins, yet he basically is an Assassin. Also the lack of spacing, proper grammar and spelling is worrisome to me as well.

I am afraid Holy|Orders that I must ask that you not try to join this RP.

You have a decent level of creativity, and I can see that you were trying, but unfortunately I have to ask that you look elsewhere."
i just joined this forum i tried to post in a rpg but i get kicked so quickly.,as i told him i have creativity but i am not an big master of english.also i told him that i shall try to make another character sheet this time i shall try to make it a full one.also i know this may sound to you weird but if i shall need an little help with the character sheet could you help me?because sometimes when you just write you lose your ideea or you are stucked and you don't know what to write.

Holy|Orders
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ms. Fyrefli on Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:51 pm

I am always willing to help if I can. I am not saying I am an expert or anything of the sort, but at the least, I will offer help with phrasings and such.

Also, don't feel alone with being stuck or losing your train of thought half way through a character creation. I am sure many other people here have had the exact same thing happen to them at one time or another. :)
Young enough to know I can.
Old enough to know I shouldn't.
Stupid enough to do it anyway.

"'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! ... 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX PARROT!!"

Ms. Fyrefli
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Holy|Orders on Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:10 pm

maybe anyway i finaly got accepted into my first rpg on this forum but i hope i shall not screw up this thing and get kicked from that rpg.

Holy|Orders
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:06 pm

If you'd like, at any point you and I can go to the "Growth" forum and just do a simple roleplay, you and I. That way you can explore the language a little more, from the storytelling perspective. Let me know if you'd like to do this, and let me know how that RP goes!

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Holy|Orders on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:36 pm

hi welll that rpg was dead because it was inactive.now i am posting into another rpg,i am posting at the first person.i discovered that at the first person i can have better posts and it is more easier for me to post at first person.and nice idea,i like it.

Holy|Orders
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:11 pm

Cool! Then we'll set up a small roleplay in the Growth forum. Is there any particular genre that you would like to tackle?

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Holy|Orders on Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:39 pm

yes,it would be great if the subject of the rpg would be about two fictional countries in middle ages who had many wars in the past and even if it is peace right now,the tensions are very big between the 2 nations. one of us could be on the side of one country and the other on the side of the other country.hope my idea isn't bad one.

Holy|Orders
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:45 pm

Wow. That sounds fairly complex. It's not a bad idea at all, though, sounds like something we could really get into. So the tension is the fact that they've fought so much in the past. What drove them to come into conflict previously?

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Holy|Orders on Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:52 pm

here could be 3 things.the third nation which maked them to fight in order to get their teritories,or they fought because one of the country didn't allowed merchants in their territory and tried to supress and kill them economicaly,or because they have different religions.i forgot to tell you but i thing that you realized,i have a passion for history for a few history especialy medieval history and oriental one.so it wasn't hard for me to came with the 3 potential causes that determinated the wars.

Holy|Orders
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:05 am

I like the idea of two opposing factions, or even two opposing nations, but let's make it a little less complex by not adding a third country! The purpose of this roleplay is so you can get out some creative practice. Let's try and keep it simple.

The differing religions of the two countries is interesting. They don't really know why they're fighting, they just know the churches in their country tell them to fight. And perhaps it is more profitable for the church leaders if they fight. :P

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Holy|Orders on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:38 am

yes and also the curches from both countries are having large profits from the fights so both of the religions want to create another war.it seems that the idea with the diferent religions is a good one.now about my char that i would have he could be an supporter of the church who is trying to convince it;s king to start another war or a general from one of the countries who is in the enemy country gathering informations in case that an new war could be.the roles that an character could have are unlimited.

Holy|Orders
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thundergod1020 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:20 pm

Hi, Goddess of Thunder, model 1020, here! If you have any questions about some of the things that go on here, please don't hesitate to ask me!
Don't piss me off. I will personally come to your house and tilt every painting I come across.

Thundergod1020
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:40 am

We're in the process of starting a training RP in the growth forum. The scope of it is a bit daunting to me, but I'm still trying to work out the details of it.

I have not forgotten you!

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Holy|Orders on Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:58 pm

thanks for this reply viceversus.and one question i have,how can you make a fight to last longer but in the same to not become boring?because where you are trying to make something to be as long as possible that thing can,and sometimes becomes boring.
and viceversus i have a idea,i don't know if it is a good one.i was thinking that one country could have the next religion,the worshiping of moon,and the moon god, and the other the worshiping of sun and the sun god.
and because of the thing the countries are worshiping,meaning that their religions are so different they would be in a permanent conflict and this could be the cause of the wars between the nations.
since every kingdom thinks that their religion is superior and want to demonstrate that on the battlefield.well what is your opinion about this idea?

Holy|Orders
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:51 am

This I like. The sun and the moon are such different symbols. They are easy to distinguish, and lend themselves to different cultures, different ways of life.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Holy|Orders on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:08 am

"This I like. The sun and the moon are such different symbols. They are easy to distinguish, and lend themselves to different cultures, different ways of life."now if they are different one nation should be the one who always started the war and the other nation,was the one who always defended itself.it would be a good idea to say/to be specified that the state who always attacked got some teritories from the other state,and that an new incoming war could represent extermination for the kingdom who always defended itself?

Holy|Orders
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!