Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Looking for Steam- or Cyberpunk partners.

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Looking for Steam- or Cyberpunk partners.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Every_punk on Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:28 pm

As the title says I'm looking for either steam or cyberpunk one on one's right now. I've got a setting for steampunk which I'll post in a second, but I'd prefer female partners to counter my own male character. The rp's themselves should hopefully be full of adventure, intrigue, maybe a hint of romance for flavor. And since I'm tired right now that's all I'm going to post. Below however is my Steampunk setting which I'd like to create an Rp or two for.

Setting-
It's said that magic once ruled these lands, controlling the way all of Gulasen, the old name of our land, flowed. It's said that few practitioners of "Magic" existed but it was by their will that the sun rose, the waves crashed on the shores, and our people continued to exist. And all they asked was that men and women alike gave them the proper respect, that we worshiped them like the gods they were. But we had a Goddess already, the one who gave us life, and taught us how to grow. It was she that gave the Controllers their "magic", so it was to no surprise when the people rose up against the so called Controllers, using the very knowledge our goddess had instilled in us.

It was called the reclaiming, if you read the old texts, the day when the so called controllers fell and our people reclaimed their birthright. The gift our goddess had given us ages ago. And in that moment, when we reclaimed the power lost to us, the age of magic ended, and a new age steamed ahead. Of course many of the old priests prepared for the people to return to their goddess, armed now with her power of steam. But the people had just thrown down the last "gods", now that any man could control this new force, this steam, we had no need for gods at all.

And so the age of steam began in sin.

But that's what the priests down in the streets will tell you. Trying to turn the people away from our own progress. Factories rising over the old forests, and mines digging deep into the earth. It's the age of progress my friends, cities spreading out, inventions always changing always growing and airships rising high into the skies. The priests call us destitute and deviants but what do they know, they've lived in the same way for a hundred years.

Most of the Steam driven cities, each a towering metropolis is it's own city state, each with their won rulers and customs, they say that all cities bow to the will of the Council of Progress, but the council exists more to regulate the continued growth of technology than anything else. Though on a few occasions the Council has been known to settle disputes between rival city-states, Even bringing powerful leaders of those states to trial on an even rare occasion.

Meanwhile the church has three rival factions within it, the first two interact with one another as they are more of mindsets than actual factions. The first, the Revertstionists, believe that the technology has grown to far and that they are all meant to return to simpler time. These are often the most outspoken members of the church, as well as being isolationists. The other group are called Progessivisits, and while they detest how far many people have fallen away from their goddess they do not shun technology in all it's forms, though they are often outspoken against military technology. And lastly there is the Sect a group that takes the Revertstionists opinion to extremes, though they also use technology to advance their goals. They believe that the use of technology has tainted the sole, and since they themselves have already been exposed to it they will never reach their goddess. So they use both technology and the archaic ways of old to try and bring the socialites of Steam down. They are well known for kidnapping children, locking infants away in deep cellars far from human eyes. That way when technology has been destroyed these children will still be pure enough to continue on.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Every_punk
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter

Re: Looking for Steam- or Cyberpunk partners.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Every_punk on Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:48 pm

Also I guess the Gateway forbids new members from sending PM's so for now if you're interested, you'll have to reply here.

So Eladia holtz hopefully you spot this, you said you were interested but did you mean Steam- or Cyberpunk. I'm hoping it's the steampunk, In which case I can use a few different characters. So it sort of depends what you'd like to do in the rp itself.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Every_punk
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby eladia_holtz on Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:53 pm

Steampunk is fine. I have a very rough idea for a character who is a part of the Progessivists. I will work on it and have something for you by tomorrow?
This girl is on fire!
Seriously, someone put her out before she makes a mess.

eladia_holtz
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Every_punk on Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:00 am

All right that sounds fine, I'm thinking a former soldier, and likely an airscout, essentially the pilot of a small dirigible, a little larger and more complicated then a hot air balloon. Meanwhile I'll start working on something of a plot, what exactly would you like to do? I assume you'd like to do something with the factions inside the church, which would be fine as I've been putting a few idea's together.

Every_punk
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!