Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Lord of the Rings Idea

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Lord of the Rings Idea

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby A.Halt on Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:27 pm

I've been floating an idea around my head for about six months now of a Lord of the Rings type thread, but set after The Return of the King era. I don't know if anyone would be interested in something like this hence why I'm putting it out there on here.

I'm looking for someone who would post at least once a week (I know we all have reality to deal with) and would post 200 words and up to keep the story going. I can deal with one-liners but prefer to do more than that. I'm not someone who likes to stick to set events but I do like to stay in pre-made settings, for example: I'm less likely to do one about Harry Potter in the final battle, but I will integrate a character into the Hogwarts environment. Does that make sense at all?

I'm kind of a casual role-player and I often write in first person, putting myself in the role of the character, but I also can write in third person. Again that's something I'm pretty flexible about.

Anyway, as I said, thinking of a Lord of the Rings role-play, possibly with the children of the Fellowship or something along that track.
I'm sure that things will become easier once we become accustom to ........ Nope, I'm too tired to lie

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

A.Halt
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Lord of the Rings Idea

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vaultbadger on Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:49 am

Hey I'm interested! Huge fan of Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit. What were you thinking story wise?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vaultbadger
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby boultinator93 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:58 am

I'd be interested, just would also like too know what sort of story, e.g. a new dark lord rises or some sort evil being is trying to destroy everything, or maybe the forces of good have turned against each other.

boultinator93
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vaultbadger on Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:00 am

We could always do the classic Return of the Witch King scenario. Seems to be popular for post Return of the King.

Vaultbadger
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby boultinator93 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:15 am

Could do :)

boultinator93
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Amun on Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:26 am

I want in on this

Amun
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby boultinator93 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:51 pm

I think you will have plenty of interest in this if you make it right

boultinator93
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby A.Halt on Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:08 pm

Ok, this idea was more taken to then I thought it would be! Awesome! I was thinking new dark power rising but the original fellowship ie: Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli and maybe Faramer ( I know he wasn't officially in the fellowship but his brother was) are unable to combat it for different reasons. Obviously, I think three of them are kings/leaders of their kind.

I was thinking originally the characters being the children of the original fellowship. We all know Aragorn married Arwen but the others never got mentioned afterwards. So we need at least four characters. Which looking at this thread so far, is perfect!

Does that sound like a plan?

A.Halt
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vaultbadger on Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:12 pm

Sounds like a plan to me. Can I reserve the son of Gimli? I love Dwarves.

Vaultbadger
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby A.Halt on Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:17 pm

I have no problem with you reserving son of Gimli.

A.Halt
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby boultinator93 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:24 pm

May i have the son/daughter of legolas, oh and aragorns child has to sort of be a boy seeing as he had a son in the series

boultinator93
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vaultbadger on Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:30 pm

Awesome, Kirgir Axefist, son of Gimli, shall be made.

Vaultbadger
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby A.Halt on Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:31 pm

Of course you can be Legolas' child. And yes Aragorns child will have to be a male but the others are open for what ever the player decides to be.

I like the name Vaultbadger. Kirgir Axefist sounds like a good name for a son of Gimli.

As I said, this idea seems to have been taken to a lot better then I thought it would be, which is great

A.Halt
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby A.Halt on Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:05 am

I'l get this one started on the role-play section (soon as I figure out how to *smile*). Two last questions,

Anyone mind if I take Aragorns son?

And what format do people prefer to role-play in, First or Third?

So boultinator93, you have Legolas' heir and Vaultbadger, is good to be Gimlis' son.

A.Halt
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vaultbadger on Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:59 am

Sure, take Aragorns son, and I prefer to write in first person, as though I am the character.

Vaultbadger
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby A.Halt on Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:07 am

Awesome, although I am changing the name that was stated in the book. Eldarion just doesn't feel right to me. I've chosen a name that Tolkien originally thought of for Aragorn, another nod to the past there.

I do admit to prefering the first person basis, especially if I'm thinking of the characters moves outside the game.

Ok, so the thread is up on the roleplay section.

A.Halt
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby boultinator93 on Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:27 pm

Ive never really done first person but i'll have a go

boultinator93
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!