Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Love Me or Love Me Not (IC: Closed)

a topic in Uncategorized Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Other roleplay stuff, either inactive or otherwise. Roleplays that don't fit within any of the other categories.

Love Me or Love Me Not (IC: Closed)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxLilly on Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:28 am

Love Me or Love Me Not

- This is a closed roleplay!

KATHARINE ISABELLE MORIARTY

Katharine looked down from the diving board, glancing over to her boyfriend before taking the leap. It was the first day of summer and the temperature already ranged from the high nineties. School had ended a couple weeks ago, and next year Kat would be going for Junior year. She kicked down against the pressure of the water, and swam deeper before gasping up for air. Her blond hair was tied up in a bun, and her sea green eyes rimmed red as she searched the pool for her boyfriend. The drive was refreshing and always been the summer tradition. Katharine wore a two peice bikini, polka dotted black and white, and her nails were painted a bright red. She turned around, planning to swim back to the kiddie side, before bumping into something. Thinking it was a little kid she apoligized, "Sorry!" She said and looked up at the figure.
â™Ĩ "The scars of your love, remind me of us. They keep me thinking, we almost had it all.
The scars of your love, they leave me breathless. I can't help feeling..."â™Ĩ

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

xxLilly
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Love Me or Love Me Not (IC: Closed)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Valentine on Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:55 am

Eric Downing had been watching the girl since she arrived at the pool; and who could blame him? She was beautiful. It was times like the current one that Eric was appreciative of the fact he was near invisible to her, virtually nonexistent: because he could admire her from afar and as much as he could possibly indulge. He was aware of her boyfriend, too - but he wasn't a problem just yet. Occasionally the hefty boyfriend would toss precarious glances toward Eric when he noticed him staring, but then he was disregarded. Eric certainly didn't look like he could pose a threat, anyway.

And when the girl swam up and bumped him, he could feel his heart pace quicken a hundredfold and more, ramming crazily inside his ribcage like mechanical sprockets. Although he was already submerged underwater, he could feel the sweat pulsating from the surface of his skin and palms as he was riddled with nervousness by her touch.

"Oh, it's alright," he said so softly, it was almost as if he were apologizing.

His shock of blue-gray eyes smiled broader than his full mouth could, gracing Katharine with a look near seraphic. Although his wild black hair stuck to his face like a sopping wet mop, protruding a million directions to add to his disheveled appearance, he stared quite lovingly at the blonde for several seconds. He was wading in the water idly and watched her so amorously and with utmost intent that it seemed as though he had lost focus on the fact his head barely reached the surface.

(Sorry, writer's block. . .)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

St.Valentine
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxLilly on Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:04 am

(It's okay..I'm going to wait for Lilly Evans to post and then I'll respond.)

xxLilly
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lily Evans on Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:45 pm

Pierre had been sitting just close enough to the pool that his books wouldn't get wet. He noticed the other guy watching Katharine, and narrowed his sapphire blue eyes in suspicion. He didn't like other guys looking at her and getting any ideas. And then she bumped into him accidently, and that irritated him further. He closed his book with a snap and walked over.

Pierre had always loved Katharine ever since he had been neighbors with her - and they had been neighbors for a long time. But, it seemed like every time it was that he tried to admit it to her, she was off on something else. But he had to be careful - Pierre wasn't very good with water, and was actually terrified of the substance.

He was like a lead weight in it, though she loved it. He took the chance, and walked over to where the two were floating. "Hi." he said softly to Katharine with a small smile before he got into the kiddy side, and wrapped his arms around her, claiming that she was his, and he didn't have a chance in hell - or that's what his eyes aimed at the other guy.

He let his white hair fall into his sapphire eyes. It felt so nice, holding her like this. It was a shame that he couldn't do it all the time. He didn't care suddenly that he was in the wicked substance called water, or that it was slowly soaking his black slack's legs - no, the only thing he cared about was that right at this moment, he was holding the most beautiful girl in the world, and he would give up anything for her to be his, truly his.

(Had a bit of writer's block myself, lol.)
Lily Dawn Evans:
My Character Profiles: WIP
http://www.roleplaygateway.com/work-pro ... 23818.html

Lily Evans
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Valentine on Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:33 pm

(Uh. . .do I wait for xxLilly or no?)

St.Valentine
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxLilly on Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:52 pm

Sorry for the late reply...

Katherine let a sigh of relief pass through her lips, "Oh..It's just you, Eric." She smiled, letting herself relax before saying anything else. She ran her fingers through her damp hair, and pulled it over to one side. Knowing Eric since they were kids, he never ceased to surprise her. She licked her lips, squinting her eyes as she fought the erge to cringe away from the sun. Eric looked at her with gentle eyes, and relectantly splashed the water around them. She blinked making sense to what he was saying. Eric made his statement sound like he was the one apoligizing. She shook her head, he seemed to always be like that.

Before opening her mouth to say something she felt a strong set of arms come at her from behind. She turned her neck, finding her boyfriend, Pierre, looking back at her. "Hey." She said softly, and pecked his cheek lightly. His grip was strong, and protective somewhat.

She turned, noticing Pierre looking past her. His expression was dark set, and his lips were pursed to a frown. Katherine looked back worriedly. She dropped her grip on him suddenly, remembering Eric was still standing over them and watching. She murmured an apology to Eric, and touched her elbow briefly. She wasn't sure if the two knew each other.

xxLilly
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Valentine on Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:10 pm

"Hey, Kat," Eric said gingerly, his eyes briefly breaking contact with Pierre's to focus on the blonde. "Who's your friend?"

He wanted to seem intimidating, but Eric had too much the face of a baby boy; so instead, his gaze reverted to the azure water twinkling around him. He ran a hand over his hair to smooth it out, suddenly remembering it was clustered on his face. He cleared his throat, knowing exactly that Pierre wasn't simply her friend. . .but he just didn't want to believe otherwise. It was so apparent that he was disappointed that it was actually quite pitiful to look at Eric.

His fingers created little ripples on the water as he dwindled about, unsure of what to say next and wallowing in their awkward situation. He didn't want to just swim away; no, he was determined to stay where he was and talk more with his next door neighbor. Over the years, they had gotten a little too separated for his liking - mainly because Katharine and he were so different from each other - and he wouldn't let some platinum headed pretty boy come between them.

St.Valentine
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxLilly on Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:51 pm

Katherine smiled back mutually, "It's been a while." Her eyes lit up, and glistened under the blazing sun. Eric and her went all the way back. Practically to when they were both babies. Both of them grew up to be practically siblings, always there for each other and knowing the others weaknesses. Kat vaguely remembered the times she spent over Eric's house and the sleepovers she'd had there. It was a wonderful childhood. She'd thought it would last forever. It was when they hit high school though that Kat and Eric started to separate. It wasn't a set decision of anything, it sort of..just happened.

She put her hands over Peirre's and squeezed his hand tightly. It was an effort to let him know nothing was wrong. Knowing Peirre was terrified of the water, she kept glancing back sideways to him. He still stood over her, saying nothing. Her grass green eyes flicked back to Eric, "This is Eric Downing," She answered him, "My boyfriend." She elbowed Eric lightly, wondering if he was okay.

xxLilly
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Valentine on Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:58 pm

"Oh. . ." he said, his eyes visibly becoming dull and demeanor drooping. "Your. . .boyfriend? I didn't know you had. . ."

But his voice trailed off as he observed them sadly, his bottom lip practically puckering out beneath his upper. He forced a smile for the sake of Katharine, whom he didn't want to be so vulnerable in front of; so he extended his hand toward Pierre, but his pearly white teeth never bared themselves. Much like his true emotions toward Katharine, they remained sealed away behind his lips, and so they would until he decided otherwise.

Obviously, that time was not now. He couldn't help but feel a terrible pang of jealousy in his gut when Pierre latched around Katharine so dominantly. To Eric, it seemed as though that were a glimpse of Pierre's personality, which he certainly did not approve of for his dear Katharine. So far Eric had established, just by that brief moment, the fact that Pierre was jealous and possessive: two dangerous qualities that would trump any positive attributes, in his mind.

But what did Eric know? He had only had one girlfriend in his entire lifetime.

St.Valentine
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lily Evans on Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:19 pm

A pink tinge appeared on his face when she kissed him on the cheek, and he smiled down at her, then gave her a gentle squeeze. His expression had changed to a happier one when she introduced him as her boyfriend. He was suspicious of this guy, afraid that if he hadn't come over when he had, then the guy might have admitted his feelings to her - and he was terrified of losing Kat.

His gaze at the guy that was standing there, or as Kat - his Kat - had introduced, as Eric Downing. He immediately disliked it - it sounded like drowning, the one thing Pierre was terrified of. As such, he was terrified of leaving where he was, and a bit afraid of staying too. But here was Katharine, his lovely, beautiful Katharine, who was so strong when it came to this giant pool of water. So he stayed with her, trying not to look down at the water, and lit up when she pressed his hand, and he got the message.

He looked at the guy named Eric with cool, icy blue eyes and nodded, shaking his hand with a firm, yet not exactly strong grasp - Pierre was a scholar, not exactly the strong type. Releasing his hand, he searched in his pocket for something, pulling out a small container of eye drops. "Here Kat," he said, putting it into his palm, "your eyes are looking a little red from the chlorine - they'll be sore tomorrow if your not careful." he said in his usually soft voice.

Lily Evans
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxLilly on Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:08 pm

Katherine wasn't completely oblivious to Eric's feelings towards her new boyfriend. She noticed how much Eric felt intimidated by him and how uncomfortable Pierre made him. In Kat's defense, Pierre wasn't intimidating at all.

At least not to her.

Knowing by the way Eric wouldn't meet her gaze he felt saddened and dissapointed in her. With an emotion Katherine couldn't explain, she felt a twinge of guilt for him. She unconciously stiffened her posture, and dropped her hands to her side. "Yeah.." She said, now awkwardly being the one who avoided eye contact. She didn't understand her feelings now, she and Eric had never went out. Why was she feeling this way? She shrugged off the thought, and placed her hands on Peirre's once again. She silently hoped he hadn't noticed.

Peirre took his hand off for a moment, and dug something out from his pocket. Kat turned her head, seeing him pull out a bottle of eye drops. She smiled. His voice was soft as usual, and he looked down at her with kind eyes. The thoughts of guilt for Eric faded away suddenly and she reached forward for the eye drops. "Thank you." Her eyes sparkled with wonder, and she carefully opened the cap. Tilting her head backwards, she bumped into his chest and smiled up at him. She laughed slightly and squeezed the bottle dropping the tears in both eyes.

xxLilly
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Valentine on Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:31 pm

Eric fought the urge to laugh at Pierre - who, other than potheads, carried around eyedrops in their pockets? - and state how awkward the situation was. But he only nodded, his flimsy smile still forced across his purple mouth, and turned back to acknowledge Katharine. He couldn't read her as well as he wanted to, but he felt slightly relieved by that fact; perhaps she thought of Eric as a complete pinhead and thus not worth her time. If she had, Eric certainly didn't want to know.

"Well, uh. . ." he began anxiously. "It was nice meeting you, Peter. I'll see you around, Kat."

And with that, Eric swam away and lifted himself from the pool with ease, cream colored skin shimmering in the sunlight as the chlorine dripped from every rivet in his physique. He didn't look back toward them until he had collected his belongings, consisting of a t-shirt, his cellphone and the key to his motorcycle; then he simply left. The only sound that remained of Eric was that of his Harley Davidson while he sped away toward his house, still dripping wet and devoid of pride.

St.Valentine
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxLilly on Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:08 pm

"Bye, Eric." Was all Katharine said as she watched him leave on his Harley motorcycle. She noticed Eric's earlier look of amusement and revealed a look of annoyance of her own. She rolled her eyes when she met Eric's last glance, and muttered a 'goodbye' when the engine raced off. She would be seeing Eric later, she knew, they lived next door after all.

She already knew Pierre didn't like Eric. It was obvious by the expressions on his face. He had even stepped into the water - which Katharine knew he was deathly afraid of - for her. She turned around, and put her arms around Pierre, "Are you okay?" She whispered in his ear. "Don't worry about Eric. He's..." She struggled to find a word, "Nothing." She finished.

That wasn't necessarily true, Eric did mean some importance to her. Even if they weren't the closest friends, that didn't mean she didn't care about him. Though, she admitted, he revealed to be a bit annoying.

xxLilly
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!