Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Lyrics help

a topic in Music, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Are you a budding musician? Share with us here!

Lyrics help

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby littlegreeneyes on Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:55 pm

Okay, so in the GCSE music course that I'm taking, its required that you do two pieces of musical coursework. Its been suggested for some people to do songs, and I just happen to fall into that category. My problem comes with writing the lyrics. I'm a poet, not a lyricist and I struggle fitting my thoughts into a certain pattern. The coursework has a certain criteria (blah de blah de blah, like I really care about that...) that must be kept to, I mean, if I had it my way, I wouldn't have to have a bridge, nor a key change, but that's the way these exam boards work.

Simply, I've come looking for help. I need lyrics so that I can get idea's to start my draft up. In an ideal world, I'd be using the ones that I've started on, but the sheet has dissapered. Really, I'm leaving this open to you. it can be however radical as you want, but I should probably warn you that its only voice and piano that I write in. The only criteria I'm setting is please, only three (two if possible) verses, gotta have a chorus and a bridge. The verses have to be roughly the same size, otherwise that just makes my life harder.

The lyrics don't have to be brilliant, but I could do with some. I'm not marked on them, just my musical skills that I put across, but if I have a set of lyrics and a set mood then I can work so much better. Any help, any suggestions would be most appreciated.
You are all perfect.
Never forget that.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

littlegreeneyes
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Lyrics help

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SolrSurfr3 on Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:11 pm

You're in luck! I actually write a lot of songs in my free time. Here's one I'm really proud of. Hope you like it! If not, I've got others.

Always There

Since the beginning
It's been you and me
Through every battle
Every loss and victory
Now the storm is over
Our troubles far behind
But somewhere deep inside I know
That this is not goodbye

Someday
We'll meet again
We'll be together in the end

You
Caught me when I was falling
You
Held me when I was scared
You
Promised you'd never leave me
So
I know you're always there

You've been my teacher
My friend and my guide
Help me discover
Everything I held inside
I don't believe a lot of things
But this I know is true
My world's been changed so many ways
Since I found you

You
You
You
So

You
Gave me a hand to hold onto
You
Stood by me from the start
By
Your side is where I belong
And
We're never far apart

(Instrumentals)

You
Saw me when no one else did
Showed me a brighter day
When
I'm lost, I know you'll be there
To help me find my way

Gave me a hand to hold onto
Stood by me from the start
By your side is where I belong
We're never far apart

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SolrSurfr3
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Lyrics help

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby littlegreeneyes on Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:29 am

Its wonderful, Thank you so ever so much. I hope that I can do it justice. I must admit, I've got idea's for the chorus, worst place that I should start, but I'l live.

littlegreeneyes
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!