Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Magia Maledicto

Magia Maledicto

a part of “Magia Maledicto”, a fictional universe by Saint Crash.

The use of magic was outlawed twenty years ago after the death of the Queen. A once respected people are now shunned by the people they once served. One section has set out to change things by force, while another insist that their path lies in the Prince

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Magia Maledicto”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Magia Maledicto

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saint Crash on Sat May 11, 2013 4:44 pm

Magia Maledicto

It has been twenty years since the law was passed that saw magic outlawed, ten years since an incident that destroyed one section of the castle resulted in magic becoming a crime punishable by death. The king is resolute. Magic only destroys; a dark force that must be wiped out at all costs. The people who witnessed the days of magic and the work of the High Priestesses still remember them fondly. There isn't many that believe the story that the Queen was murdered, but nobody dares to step out of line. Defending one of magical blood has often led to the person sharing the same fate as the witch.
The children of the past twenty years have been told to fear magic. Magic leads to no good. Magicians passing through, the dwindling few oblivious to the strictest of all laws, have been arrested, or once or twice, lynched by the blood-thirsty and ignorant mob.
Despite the loss of magic, the kingdom has not suffered any major disasters. Corruption runs through the kingdom, but it is rarely obvious. Most of the populace remain happy; there is still enough food, water, wealth and land for all. As long as you are not one of them that is.

Over time, a grudge has developed in parts of the magical community, especially within the younger sect. They have been run from their homes, many forced to wander aimlessly or live in the dense forest or mountains in order to escape persecution. The High Priestess is believed to be alive, but her existence only adds to the bitterness of many; why does she sit and do nothing while her people suffer? Their numbers are few, and their resources are limited as of yet, but a force of young magicians is living in the forests that surround the capital city of Burgeness. Waiting and watching. Mingling occasionally with the people. Trying to win back not just their rights, but trying to take the kingdom for themselves and rebuilt a haven for all those of magical blood.
Many, including the High Priestess herself, believe that this will pass. The Prince has a good heart and a pure soul, and that one day, he will see reason, and restore all of his people to their rightful place. Letting this gaggle of youngsters wage war against the ordinary people will tip the balance against them once and for all. Their reputation as being evil and corrupt will be cemented, and magic will truly die out.

Invisible tensions are growing beneath the happy and peaceful exterior of the kingdom. War is heading towards the horizon at a frightening pace, and it is your decision that could swing the outcome.

The plot of this role play will be heavily influenced by the personalities and attitudes of the different characters. As such, I have only provided a brief description of each role. The main roles are as follows, if anyone requires more information on a role, if it is here or not, don't be afraid to PM me!

Prince: Conceived using the High Priestess's magic, his
Last edited by Saint Crash on Fri May 17, 2013 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Saint Crash
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Magia Maledicto

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby elidor495 on Sat May 11, 2013 8:26 pm

This sounds like fun! May I reserve a knight?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

elidor495
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hyperewok on Sat May 11, 2013 9:07 pm

I'd be interested in playing a priestess. Also, what sort of magic is able to be performed, other then the little bit that you covered in the introduction?

Hyperewok
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Onuwa on Sun May 12, 2013 12:04 pm

Hi there! I think that I would like to reserve a Knight as well if possible :)

Onuwa
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saint Crash on Sun May 12, 2013 12:28 pm

Hi guys!

Sorry things are still a little sketchy; my internet went down as I went to finish editing, and then I was getting 502 errors most of today. I'm working on creating a relationship thread and I will be posting further details, the strengths and limits of ranks and roles.

I'll put up the reserves, but they'll only be held for twenty-four hours from this post.

Thank you for the interest!

Saint Crash
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby umbra Alastor on Sun May 12, 2013 3:36 pm

Could i reserve the warlock leader position please?

umbra Alastor
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saint Crash on Tue May 14, 2013 2:20 pm

My internet connection has completely gone. Sorry for the delays again! I'm currently using my friend's computer, but my own character profile and the chunk I'm missing from the opening post here is on my own desktop at home. With any luck I should have everything fixed, updated and maybe even a recruitment thread up by the weekend. ^_^
Thanks for the patience everyone!

Saint Crash
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sandbear on Sat May 18, 2013 1:41 pm

Ooh! I'm really liking the plot~
May I reserve the spot of the King's character? :D

Sandbear
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Tue May 28, 2013 5:23 pm

Are you still interested in getting this up and running?

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Completionist

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!