Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Magic: The Gathering RP Sign Up

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Magic: The Gathering RP Sign Up

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magiclad on Thu May 08, 2008 12:32 pm

This story is based on the fictional Realms of Magic the Gathering, including such places as, Dominaria, Mirrodin, Kamigawa, Ravnica, Lorwyn/Shadowmoor, and any other planes that have been shown or even one we make up, Normally only planeswalkers can travel between planes but in this reality the will be a be a nexus where you can travel between them at will.

The thread is here
CHARACTER FORMAT

Name: Self-explanatory
Creature Type: (accepted creature types below. More than one creature type is allowed. Ex: Elf Goblin Mutant, Human Vampire, Viashino Scout)
History: Why is the character here? (what was your life like before this?)
Color(s): (What color or colors are you aligned with? See below creature types)
Enhancement(s): (First strike: Fast, Double strike: super fast, Wither: inflicts wounds that heal slowly, Regeneration: heals quickly, Vigilance: Tireless, Trample: above average strength, Flying: you can fly, Persist: can recover from 1 deadly blow per battle, Haste: agile. Try and keep it to a max of three.)
Artifact(s): (what stuff do you have?)
THESE DO NOT HAVE TO BE ON CARDS, YOU CAN MAKE STUFF UP WITHIN THE GUIDELINES.

Current creature and class types:
Advisor, Anemone, Angel, Anteater, Antelope, Ape, Archer, Archon, Artificer, Assassin, Assembly-Worker, Atog, Aurochs, Avatar, Badger, Barbarian, Basilisk, Bat, Bear, Beast, Beeble, Berserker, Bird, Blinkmoth, Boar, Bringer, Brushwagg, Camarid, Camel, Caribou, Carrier, Cat, Centaur, Cephalid, Chimera, Citizen, Cleric, Cockatrice, Construct, Coward, Crab, Crocodile, Cyclops, Dauthi, Demon, Deserter, Devil, Djinn, Dragon, Drake, Dreadnought, Drone, Druid, Dryad, Dwarf, Efreet, Egg, Elder, Elemental, Elephant, Elf, Elk, Eye, Faerie, Ferret, Fish, Flagbearer, Fox, Frog, Fungus, Gargoyle, Giant, Gnome, Goat, Goblin, Golem, Gorgon, Graveborn, Gremlin, Griffin, Hag, Harpy, Hellion, Hippo, Homarid, Homunculus, Horror, Horse, Hound, Human, Hydra, Illusion, Imp, Incarnation, Insect, Jellyfish, Juggernaut, Kavu, Kirin, Kithkin, Knight, Kobold, Kor, Kraken, Lammasu, Leech, Leviathan, Lhurgoyf, Licid, Lizard, Manticore, Masticore, Mercenary, Merfolk, Metathran, Minion, Minotaur, Monger, Mongoose, Monk, Moonfolk, Mutant, Myr, Mystic, Nautilus, Nephilim, Nightmare, Nightstalker, Ninja, Nomad, Octopus, Ogre, Ooze, Orb, Orc, Orgg, Ouphe, Ox, Oyster, Pegasus, Pentavite, Pest, Phelddagrif, Phoenix, Pincher, Pirate, Plant, Prism, Rabbit, Rat, Rebel, Reflection, Rhino, Rigger, Rogue, Salamander, Samurai, Sand, Saproling, Satyr, Scarecrow, Scorpion, Scout, Serf, Serpent, Shade, Shaman, Shapeshifter, Sheep, Skeleton, Slith, Sliver, Slug, Snake, Soldier, Soltari, Spawn, Specter, Spellshaper, Sphinx, Spider, Spike, Spirit, Splinter, Sponge, Squid, Squirrel, Starfish, Survivor, Tetravite, Thalakos, Thopter, Thrull, Treefolk, Triskelavite, Troll, Turtle, Unicorn, Vampire, Vedalken, Viashino, Volver, Wall, Warrior, Weird, Whale, Wizard, Wolf, Wolverine, Wombat, Worm, Wraith, Wurm, Yeti, Zombie, Zubera

COLORS

Attacking an enemy is perfectly acceptable, but it is considered bad RP etiquette to attack an offline person. Friendly fire is also bad etiquette. (but acceptable within certain backstabbing groups)

Remember you can declare an attack but you can't decide whether or not it lands. Only I or the person being attacked can decide if the hit lands. but don't make yourself invincible. You are not a god. This is a game, make it fun.

If you die, too bad, just make a new character.

And remember, DMs have the last word

if you have any questions send them to me in a Private Message with the title MTG RP
Last edited by Magiclad on Tue May 13, 2008 2:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Extinguish the lights of others, so that I may burn brighter.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Magiclad
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Magic: The Gathering RP Sign Up

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magiclad on Thu May 08, 2008 12:42 pm

Name: Obsidian
Creature Type: Elemental Knight (Cinder, known as flamekin before the Aurora)
Appearance:Image
History: Obsidian comes from the dead wastes of Kulrath. Trained in the arts of murder and torture and sent out from his homeland to find a way to restore the guttered flames that sputter within his being. Obsidian is slow to trust, and hasty to retaliate, attacking anything that gets in his way ruthlessly.
Color(s): Black/Red
Enhancement(s): First strike (speed), Wither (inflicted wounds heal slowly), Regeneration (Heals at an acellerated rate)
Artifact(s): Longspear, Longsword.
Last edited by Magiclad on Tue May 13, 2008 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Magiclad
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shalashaska on Thu May 08, 2008 12:56 pm

Name: Alturus
Creature Type: Human
Class: Barbarian/Warrior
History: Alturus originates from the plains of Dominaria, a member of the Krathos tribe. Upon first inspection, Alturus appears to be any other barbarian, wearing red leather armour, the conspicuous dark blue inked tattoos and scars bearing his tribal marks and the large build and frame of his body. However, unlike the other of his tribe, Alturus took to the bow more than an axe, probably due to the influence of foreign mercenaries his tribe had regular contact with.

He is none the less a ruthless individual, seeking out wealth as a mercenary. The concepts of power and glory are as alien to him as peace is to T’subo. His choice of profession has made him quite a sum in gold, the only currency he accepts, as well as many enemies baying for his blood…
Colour(s): Red
Artefact(s): Yew Long Bow, Short Sword, Barbarian Leather Armour.
Last edited by Shalashaska on Thu May 08, 2008 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shalashaska
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shalashaska on Thu May 08, 2008 12:58 pm

{{I couldn't think of any relevant Enhancements for my character, so if it's ok, might my character develop some as the RP goes on?}}

Shalashaska
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magiclad on Thu May 08, 2008 1:06 pm

That's perfectly fine for the enhancements.

EDIT
Approved.
Last edited by Magiclad on Thu May 08, 2008 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Magiclad
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kargoth on Thu May 08, 2008 1:24 pm

Name: Styx
Creature Type: Demon-(reaver)
Class: Warrior/Mage
History: Released by accident during one of the many conflicts currently raging, Styx is above all else, a nihlist, and belives that chaos is the natural order of things. He is a highly intelligent creature, gifted in black magic and fighting above all, though a solid leader and manipulator.
Color(s):Red/Black
Enchantment(s): Fly(natural) First strike, Sadistic strike
Artifact(s): Scythe of the Wretched
Last edited by Kargoth on Thu May 08, 2008 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kargoth
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanghai on Thu May 08, 2008 1:31 pm

I am disappointed that there is no Lich creature type.

..Ah well, Raziel was a bitch anyways.

Shanghai
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magiclad on Thu May 08, 2008 1:35 pm

Kargoth, while protection is a strategic asset in the game, in RP it's a tad overpowered. If you ran into a white aligned character, you just go "URE ATTAKZ DO NUFFINK 2 ME LOLOL!!1!!1!" Nix the Prot White. In trade, the Scythe will give you Wither as long as you use it in battle. Your ring is going to have to have a limited amount of charges on it, since you don't have regen as a built in enhancement.

Magiclad
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forge on Thu May 08, 2008 1:39 pm

Name: Just gonna go by forge till I come up with a name
Creature Type: Vedalken
Class: Artificer
Modifier: Mutant
History: Was orphaned as a youth after his parents were killed in an experiment. He was raised by a Kindly old artificer. these days he wanders the land trading in artifacts and inventing new things.
Color(s): Blue (emphasis on artifacts)
Enhancement(s): None
Artifact(s): a sword named Tatsumasa, A whispersilk cloak that grants flying, A Darksteel Colossus, and small team of Arcbound. Tool kit and various spare parts

Forge
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seerow on Thu May 08, 2008 1:44 pm

Edited

Name: Hollow (His human name was lost)
Creature Type: Human
Class: Wizard
Modifier:Spirit
History: Hollow hails from Ravnica and was raised by the Orzhov. After his premature mortal death, the church had him revived to finish out his training. He recalls nothing of his mortal life. His magics revolve around bleeding and tormenting his opponent. It doesn't pay to attack the Orzhov.
Color(s): As is common in Ravnica, he is multicolored. White and Black
Enchantment(s): Fear (Only black and artifact creatures can block him.) Recover (Once destroyed, if the recovery cost is payed he is returned. Of course this will have to be done by someone else. O.O)
Artifact(s): Currently none.

Note for Multicolored: Some spell requirements can be satisfied by either allied colors. Which can at times make for somewhat speedy casting. Also, there are certain "golden" magics that require two attributed colors.

Note for Recover: I'd say he couldn't use this himself, but being as how the Church of Orzhov often revives its historical members to be part of their "Ghost council" I assumed through the magics he could be brought back. Just it would have to be another member to do it.

If anything needs changed or reworked I'd be happy to make it work. ^^
Last edited by Seerow on Thu May 08, 2008 2:30 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Seerow
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magiclad on Thu May 08, 2008 1:44 pm

Kargoth approved.

Forge, I'm iffy on the Colossus. Convince me.

EDIT

Seerow, playing a spirit is fine, but having shadow as an enhancement would mean you would only be able to interact in a verbal manner. I'm fine with recover. The Demon's Horn has little to no use, as your "life" would be the toughness stat. Artifacts can be weapons, tools or amulets. None of the character criteria are limited to existing cards.

Magiclad
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seerow on Thu May 08, 2008 1:53 pm

Hmmm.. Well I could take Shadow out and maybe replace it with Phasing. I was trying to give him some advantage to being a Spirit. I'd just have to play Phasing as a cost ability instead of it being an tacked in.

Seerow
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forge on Thu May 08, 2008 1:54 pm

The colossus is mostly for show, and for walking through the quicksilver sea on it's shoulder. my character is non- combatant.

Forge
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magiclad on Thu May 08, 2008 1:56 pm

Forge approved.

Seerow, are you just looking for evasion? Fear would be good, since you are black aligned.

Magiclad
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seerow on Thu May 08, 2008 1:57 pm

Hmm excellent idea, I had forgotten about Fear.

Seerow
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forge on Thu May 08, 2008 2:00 pm

Whatever happened to the Awe mechanic? fear for white instead of black.

Forge
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magiclad on Thu May 08, 2008 2:03 pm

I'll have to correct your descrip of hybrid. Hybrid actually smooths out mana, and makes things easier to cast. Ravnica was a gold block, and the newest, Shadowmoor, is a hybrid block. So your "mana requirements" would actually be able to be fulfilled by one of two colors.

Magiclad
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seerow on Thu May 08, 2008 2:04 pm

Ah, sorry the set after Ravnica I stopped playing, TimeSplitter or something. I'll fix that right away.

Seerow
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magiclad on Thu May 08, 2008 2:10 pm

Forge wrote:Whatever happened to the Awe mechanic? fear for white instead of black.

Came back in TimeSpiral on a 2/2 Kithkin rebel and an elemental I believe.

Magiclad
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forge on Thu May 08, 2008 2:12 pm

fear and awe work a bit like protection though.

Forge
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!