Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Magician's Tourney(HoR)[OOC]

a topic in Battle Arena, a part of the RPG forum.

A bloody repository for combat. Get your adrenaline fix here: start a fight, find a sparring partner, train, or just spend your time studying older matches. Don't forget to record the results of your fights in the Hall of Records!

Magician's Tourney(HoR)[OOC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marcus Middleton on Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:44 pm

My first Hall of Records battle, and I want it to be a doozey.

Entry: Must be a mage, wizard, warlock, swordmage, or other class involving arcane magic powers(no sci-fi).

Combatants:
Marcus Middleton(Marcus Middleton)3*
Vethe(SoulBeaver)5*
Amen Silthin(Ghaarme)1*
Hentori(iowa90)(Edit: Sci-Fi Power Background)2*
Abigail Nightingale(Safisan)6*
Eloise Narington(Souloe)4*
Gwydion(Victim130)7*

*The numbers have nothing to do with rank; they represent who you'll fight, so study up :). They're based on a reflection of powers(you face your match in powers).

Character Requirements: Post your character URL or skeleton(I will provide), along with a brief summary and why your character would benefit from the Tome of the Dark Ones(Prize involved with tourney).

Rules(Gotta have 'em):
-(Thank you Safisan)If you're going to participate, please be sure you can post at least once every three days.
-No God modding.
-No over powered character, one hit kill spells, or auto-hits.
-Cussing is allowed, for it is battle, but don't go crazy with a string of cuss words.
-To participate, I must approve your character(not hard to get me to).
-Death is going to be a part of this tourney, but it remains for the receiving character's player to decide when, unless I step in.
-Any complaints about your current battlefield will taken into careful consideration BEFORE the battle commences. Be sure to PM me with any suggestions or comments.

Placement: The placement WILL NOT be random, but I will match the two most qualified, to their arena, together. If you have a problem with this selection method, please tell me. I can't fix it if I don't know.

Prize(the good stuff): You will compete for one prize, and only one prize, Tome of the Dark Ones. I will place 5 well researched spells(DnD) to post as a prize, and it is up to you which two you choose. Those, that lose, that I find with the spells will be immediately recommended to a moderator for warning or fit punishment.

Five battlegrounds form the massive city of Talarash, which sits upon a colossal vertical structure of steel and magic, and in the center hall the final grounds hold the prize. A Tome of the Dark Ones sits upon its pedestal awaiting the victor's grasp, behind an impenetrable magic glass case. To show the Dark Gods you are worthy of their might, you must prove yourself by eliminating the foes set before you, in a climactic battle of magic's masters.

Each magician defeated will return home unharmed, though they will die in battle.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Battlefield #1: Battlefield of Ruined Township:

In the circular extension, held aloft to the east by ancient magics, a ruined town's setting fills the tall domed walls. Rubble, architecture, and illusion provide plenty of place to hide or stalk. Each abandoned building can be staked, and is destructible, ensuring your hiding place will not stay hidden for long. If your powers work off water, do not be afraid, plumbing runs throughout each building giving a reserve of water. Will you use to many crevices and niches to take an advantage, or are you going to present yourself open to the opponent's strikes only to gain better precision yourself? In the Battlefield of Township, nothing is sacred and you may do as you wish.

Battlefield 1 Elements List:
*Buildings to hide behind
*Shadows to hide in
*Plumbing running through houses
*Advantage to those who prefer urban environments and have precise aim

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Battlefield #2: Battlefield of Open Meadow

Always in the sun's golden rays, the North battlefield is an expanse of field, flowers, and trees. Though they provide some protection, few trees are in the open meadow, providing little cover for those of stealth. The wind is a constant breeze that drifts over the lazy waving grass, but it has been known to pick up to gushing gales. This will be a test of focus and precision. The battle is meant to be a shear test of skill, deciding who is a better master of their magical arts, but those there is always room for chance.

Battlefield #2 Elements:
*Sparse tree coverage
*Only water available if it rains
*If battle progresses to night, complete darkness surrounding field
*Advantage to high accuracy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Battlefield #3: Battlefield of Peaked Mountains

To the West, another high dome reaches towards the sky, only this contains a variety of mountain peaks. From snow to rock, the constant climate mimics that of the peaks in nature. A cold chill persists throughout the fight, randomly rising to that of a ferocious burst of winter. Mountain peaks can provide cover to those who seek their protection, or they can give the caster a bird's eye view of the arena. Depending upon your style, you may call this arena home, or you may see it as a burden.

Battlefield #3 Elements:
*Mountain peaks provide cover
*A cold wind constantly persists
*If stationary to long, hypothermia will quietly claim the person at rest.
*Advantage to cold resist and accuracy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Battlefield #4: Battlefield of Nature's Wrath

On the south of the colossal structure, another open arena is shown to the shining sun, but instead of a meadow of sparse tree coverage, a dense forest of conifers sits upon the magic platform. Within the small forest, magical creature run throughout, hunting those that step within the confines. Wolves, bears, deer, and other various fauna call the place home and are sustained by ancient magics. Survival is a challenge, only made harder by the combatant placed inside as well.

Battlefield #4 Elements:
*Dense tree cover
*Wild animals live in the small forest
*Shadows fill the landscape under the thick canopy
*Advantage to quick of mind and sharp of accuracy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Battlefield #5: Unknown

Within the tall, arching dome in the center of the platforms, no one knows. No one has ever shown themselves worthy of entry to see the mighty halls of the Dark Lords, and it will be described upon reaching the final stage. A 4 man battle will determine who claims the Dark Tome.

Battlefield #5 Elements:
*?
*?
*?
*?
Last edited by Marcus Middleton on Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:39 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Awesome is as awesome does.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Marcus Middleton
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Magician's Tourney(HoR)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoulBeaver on Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:08 pm

I will register Vethe. If she isn't mage-y enough, then I'll whip up something else, kay?

http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/the-multiverse/characters/vethe/
You can be proud of yourself; you just killed
a number of brave men, undoubtedly with a happy life and a family. Faintly, you
can hear an orphan crying.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SoulBeaver
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Magician's Tourney(HoR)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marcus Middleton on Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:20 pm

Welcome, welcome. You are the first to join the throws of the Wizard's Tourney. Make yourself at home until we have 6 more participants.

This is my character, before I forget to do so, and am outed from my own tournament :P.

roleplay/the-multiverse/characters/marcus-middleton/

Marcus Middleton
Member for 14 years

Re: Magician's Tourney(HoR)[OOC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:25 pm

Haha! Excellent my friend, I have been waiting for another tourney to sprout up! Here's my entry!

roleplay/the-multiverse/characters/amen-silthin/

He's pretty much just a watered down version of my sylph mage, but this should be fun X3

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:41 pm

Interested, but I won't have a profile ready for a few days. When are you starting and what's the posting limit in a match? That is, how long do we have to post before an auto-hit or disqualification?

Safisan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iowa90 on Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:59 pm

/in just give me time to create my character

My character...

roleplay/the-multiverse/characters/hentori/

let me know what you think.
Last edited by iowa90 on Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT!!!
"Truth be told... I couldn't lay a finger on the man."

iowa90
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Donated! Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marcus Middleton on Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:37 pm

Ghaarme> You're in, I have to add a few powers to my char, six isn't going to be enough...good luck

Safisan> No problem, we're starting when we have eight people(enough to fill contestant roster). Post length is up to you, but a minimum of a few paragraphs is the norm. Enough to give your opponent some leeway.

iowa90>Also, no problem.

Marcus Middleton
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby souloe on Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:07 pm

Might I be join ze fray? I'll need time to make a profile and probably won't be heavily active till at least halfway through next week. That'd be alright?

oh, and I think safisan meant post time rather than post length.

souloe
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:55 pm

HAHA! I'M IN! And I even made the GM shake in his enchanted cloth boots >:P YOU BETTER GEAR UP MAN! CUZ IMMA KNOCK YOU OUT!!!!

And yayz :3 moar pplz r cummin.

OMFG!!! Gratz on Global Moderator Safi!!!!

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marcus Middleton on Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:57 pm

souloe> you may join as well, and it has been added to the rules. Thank you for the clarification.

Marcus Middleton
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:01 am

This is my entry. I acknowledge she's no robe-wearing wizard, but the gist of a mage is there nonetheless-- she's a sage, and her thing are illusions, which qualify as magic, don't they? Meh, just tell me what you think.

Safisan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby souloe on Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:40 pm

hmmm, I too have just finished my profile. I think that when Marcus specified magic and no sci-fi, his intent was so there's no guns or super technology equipments. Correct? my character, too, is not your classic hold a staff mage but of the Mahouzan; a class that is something like a magic fighter.

[EDIT] I have been notified that my character is too powerful. Thus I am taking back the profile and will work on a resubmission.

souloe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marcus Middleton on Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:33 pm

To those with characters, you can edit them as you wish, until the start of the tourney. But if you do, could you let us know. Also, I've changed a few things of my character.

Marcus Middleton
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:41 pm

@Marcus: does that mean I'm accepted?

@Ghaarme: thanks mate :D!

Safisan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marcus Middleton on Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:15 pm

Yeah, I thought I told you that you were. My bad. Well, you're in :).

Marcus Middleton
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby souloe on Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:25 pm

New character submission.

roleplay/the-multiverse/characters/eloise-narington/

[profile edit: grammer]
Last edited by souloe on Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

souloe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marcus Middleton on Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:23 pm

Alrighty, looks good :).

Marcus Middleton
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:14 pm

Bumping for great justice. How many entrants are missing? Three? Hmm... Have you PMed people here to see if anyone's up for it?

Safisan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:38 pm

*up for it* Let's get this thing rolling!

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marcus Middleton on Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:32 pm

Were missing two people, but I haven't PMed anyone about it, so I'll give it another day. I'll also spread the word through PM to a few others, and it would help if you did the same.

Marcus Middleton
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!