Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Marvel/DC Alternate Universe - Interested?

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Marvel/DC Alternate Universe - Interested?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edelle on Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:41 am

Take your favorite hero or villain, from the Marvel or DC universe. Mix them around, changing their age, gender and origin stories if you want. Keep the name (to some extent) and the powers, but you have an entirely different character now. You can change a hero into a villain, or vice versa. They can be from Metropolis, New York, Gotham, whatever!
Sound interesting? Then post below! I will continue if I get at least 4 people to join this crazy quest.
I do have to inform you of a couple of things before we even get to the signing up portion:
You will only be allowed 3 characters max.
I also will reserve the following characters:
Deadpool
Harley Quinn
Ironman

I want a literate and dedicated crew.
You can't spell neurotic
without erotic.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Edelle
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Marvel/DC Alternate Universe - Interested?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby smileythemask on Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:52 am

Hey Im defiently in this seems like one of your best ideas yet Edelle.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

smileythemask
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BoyKagome on Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:01 am

When you say change their gender, do you mean like the original character got transformed from the universe merging?

BoyKagome
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheOwl on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:17 pm

That's a great idea. It'll make the characters more interesting to the people and give a whole new twist to the DC universe. Just like all those alternate worlds within the DCU... which reminds me. Will this be based on the comics? I'm a comic noob. x__x

Also, If it's not based strictly on the comics, I'd like to play Flash.

TheOwl
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby onirukon on Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:35 pm

sweet i love Marvel comics
Hetalia:Rise of the Micronations-->Image<--click on Sealand to join.

onirukon
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edelle on Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:57 pm

Wheee! Interest! Yay!
1. Thank you, smiley.
2. Sure.
3. Not really based on comics, just use the original concept of the characters and mix 'em about. Run 'em through a blender!
4. Glad to hear it.

I do have to admit, I'm a fan of both universes. Marvel and DC are both dear to me... blame the cartoons... so I wanted to do a crossover, but I also liked the idea of customizing the character, making it more your own. So... we have enough people, but I want to squeeze a couple more in if possible.
I'll give you a couple examples of how you could mix a character around:
Wolverine could be a 20 year old woman with a corporate vendetta.
Robin could have become a violent bounty hunter, if he had never met Bruce Wayne.

See? Blenderized!

Heck, I'm turning Deadpool into an obnoxious teenage girl, and Harley Quinn is a rouge assassin. Ironman's going to be a moral, but geeky-in-a-cool-way kid, who is searching for a kidnapped Pepper Potts.

I'm going to want to ask you to crank the creativity up to full, once I put up the OOC/Sign-ups.

Edelle
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby smileythemask on Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:29 pm

Hey either tomorrow or early friday im gonna be gone till sunday so if i dont post a character than just wait till like sunday night and ill post a character.

smileythemask
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HereIAm on Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:44 pm

Can I join, too?
if not, that's okay.

HereIAm
Member for 12 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thatdude1 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:56 am

if this starts up id like to call dibs on either Spider-Man, Punisher, or Captian America

thatdude1
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!