Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Marvel Spirits

Marvel Spirits

a part of “Marvel Spirits”, a fictional universe by JayZeroSnake.

What happens when inexperienced youngsters gain the powers of more well known characters?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Marvel Spirits”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Marvel Spirits

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ozrick of Hightower on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:22 am

Just a note on the spiderman strength comment, according to the wiki and marvel, he can also currently lift 25 tons, and could lift 15 tons in the beginning... just wanted to out that out there. Noe one discounts the awesomeness that is spiderman! lmao

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ozrick of Hightower
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:26 pm

Well, this says exactly what I was saying.

Strength level
Peter is capable of lifting approximately 10 tons. He was formerly able to lift 15 tons during the Queens mutation and then 20 tons during The Other event, prior to Mephisto and Dr.Strange's alteration of reality.

However, that number seams to change a lot. this strength scale puts him at 10 as well, but it also puts GR at 10, which is funny cause this says he can lift 25 tons.

Superhuman Strength: The Ghost Rider possesses superhuman strength sufficient to lift up to 25 tons.

And yet some dude on yahoo answers just said that he's only as strong as 5 men. The thing is, that one that agrees with you is a free wikia, meaning anyone could edit it, where as mine is the Marvel Database wiki. I kinda find it more credible. But for the sake of not arguing, do we both drop down to 10, or do we go SM 20 and GR 25? In my mind, GR does seem to be a bit more of a brawler than Spidey.

Seeing as Ghost pulled down a plane with one hand in issue #12, I'd lean more towards the 20-25.
"Yes, I'm crazy, and I should hope you are, too. Honestly, it's all these damn "sane" people that scare me....."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Raidose
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ozrick of Hightower on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:20 pm

The wiki article I took it off of has confirmed official marvel sources, but that's not the point.

anyways seeing as this is supposed to start with our characters recently gaining there powers, I'm starting with my Spidey lifting 10-15 tonnes in the beginning, as that is the generally agreed upon strength of beginner Spidey.

Whether or not he gets stronger remains to be seen, but as this is a comic like story, I'm thinking everyone will probably get stronger over time.

I will agree with you that GR is more of a frontline "I'll just hit them until they stop moving" type of hero.

Also, I know that cannon Spidey's strength drops down to his original strength (10-15 tonnes) after the events of "One More Day", but to be honest, seeing as most writers change hero strengths to suit the needs of the story, I don't really see it as being a big issue.

Update!

I just posted my character officially, read it over and let me know what you think guys.

I'm also sketching out a design for non costume Todd currently, so I'll put that here when I finish.

Ozrick of Hightower
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:39 pm

Uhhhh......... Anyone else getting a big Malware warning? Google Chrome is having an absolute conniption fit over the main page, saying that some dude named Beefjack put Malware in the page........ wtf am I reading?

Raidose
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ozrick of Hightower on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:57 pm

I get random walware warnings for different sites randomly on Chrome. Switch to a different browser. it usually is limited to chrome

Ozrick of Hightower
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:08 pm

Well, Storm says he's getting it, and Hazard says he's getting it, so...... are we all just using Google Chrome? Should I just ignore it? Why is it only the main page?

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CussingChild on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:14 pm

Could I make a Deadpool-Antihero character?
"It's not that I believe people are generally bad in nature, it's that..I know it with every fiber of my cold dark being."

CussingChild
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ozrick of Hightower on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:20 pm

lol I guess we're all using Chrome. Although I'm not getting it...

of course as soon as I post that I get the warning -_-

Ozrick of Hightower
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Inspiration on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:29 pm

Inspiration
Member for 15 years
Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby boku541090 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:22 pm

Sorry for the late character, It's all the schoolwork that makes it hard.

boku541090
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:38 am

Well..... I'm using Explorer, which is slow as shit, but I'm not getting the messages. Weird. Hopefully this get's resolved quick, I really don't want to boot this thing up every single time I want to post. Jay, any word? I mean, it can't be like the moderators don't notice this, it's not exactly subtle.

Why can't I see any of the new characters? Have they been approved yet? Nobody is posting.

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aodhstormeyes on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:13 pm

Posted my Daredevil character. 3 days of work when I wasn't sleeping or busy...
Warning: Realistic, evil Storyteller/GM/DM

Things you wouldn't hear on a TV Chef Program:
"These Korean meatballs really are the dog's bullocks."

aodhstormeyes
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:24 am

Whoooooooooot! Malwares gone!

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Endgame on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:56 pm

Hey can I join this, because i'm a really big marvel fan? Also if yoou let me I'd like to make a anti-venom/symbotie guy, I was going to go for spiderman but he was already so heck I went with my second choice.

Endgame
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:36 pm

Awesome! We need some symbiotes!

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:24 am

Where the hell is Jay? We got two characters waiting to be approved, and soon I'm pretty sure there's going to be 3 more. If he's not back after a while...... would anyone ind if I made an rp that continued this? Like, basically a do-over with all these characters? I don't mean any disrespect to Jay, and I don't want credit for the story. It's all his. But for the sake of approving these new guys and having an active GM, I rather do this than watch the whole thing grind to a halt. If he comes back tomorrow or the day after, everything's fine, but if not I'd like to know if you guys would mind?

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aodhstormeyes on Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:52 am

I'm with Raid. If the RP were older, it wouldn't be a big deal to me if the GM vanished for a few days. But because it's new, he can't pull crap like this. It's been 6 days since he's posted, 5 since he's logged in.

aodhstormeyes
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby boku541090 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:17 am

Was my char accepted? It's not on the list

boku541090
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:07 am

The GM isn't here to approve any characters. Hence my idea about GMing this myself if for nothing than just to approve the new guys.

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:06 am

Hey, Jay. I know you got the new characters in, but I gotta ask if you know you'll be active throughout this thing? If not, then can I at least manage this thing? You'll be acting GM, I just want to make sure that this can still function if something comes up. Trust me, I have no life. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. But again, if you believe you can stick around long enough to keep this active, I trust your judgement.

Raidose
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!