Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A Masked Theif

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

A Masked Theif

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tenshi_Ame on Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:33 pm

the-masked-theif-t20154.html let's begin to play =)

A millennium had passed since a decree had been made, one that many thought was ridiculous.

"Everyone in her majesty's kingdom is to forever wear a mask," stated the queen's adviser.

Why you ask? So that no one was more beautiful then the queen, who's face was ruined in someone's attempt to burn the royal family alive. Having lost her family and her beauty the queen had become a bit warped in the head.

A thousand years and the queen still sits upon her thrown in the royal quarter of the capital city, Roktu. But recently there has been a stir among the masses. Someone defiant, someone who dared to go against the old queen. That person was a thief. The thief became a legend throughout the land, known as the Twilight Fox.

She would only steal at times of twilight and wore a fiery golden fox mask. For five years the royal guards have tried to catch this girl and due to their failure the queen has opened the hunt to anyone and everyone. to bring her the fox girl would equal a prize like no other.

~*~

Background information:

Capital/largest city: Roktu
Other cities: Saii, Loren, & Remas

Within the capital are social circles: Royal, High, Middle, & Lower. There is one royal family, eight high class families, about 100 middle class families, and the rest are lower class. The royal family lives in a palace at the heart of the city and the only member is the queen. In a ring around the palace, separated from royal and middle classes by a high wall, is the high class families. After that is middle class, then lower class. This is where the story starts.

Saii is a desert merchant city. Many travel here as it is the trading center of the country.

Loren is placed in the forest canopy. It's known well for it's weapons of all sorts.

Remas is a city of ruins. Previously the city of magic, it was destroyed in a battle with a neighboring country. Now all magic users work under the queen directing, in an effort to keep her alive for as long as possible.

~*~

I'm only allowing two high class roles, any other characters will have to be characters of your own. All character descriptions must include a mask, even if you were born outside the country. Any magic users must work under the queen.

I'll fill in the role of the queen because I don't feel like she'll be very active in this, unless someone really wants to be her.

Characters: (roles to be filled)

Twilight Fox: Me
High class Girl/Guy:
Other (characters of your own)

~*~Edits~*~

(This little bit is mainly replies to questions I've received so that people don't ask me the same things over and over again, I don't like repeating myself a 100 times)

RP will not start until I've got characters accepted into the game, 3-5 before I begin the story. More are welcome, I'll limit it to 6-8 characters for now.

Races: No demons. Tota = Human. Anything else is fair game as long as you have a reason for being in the country and have a balanced character
Time period: Medieval

The state of the capital. The closer you are to the center the more beautiful the city is. The lower class area is considered more of the slums then anything, but a giant wall surrounds the city and royal guards are everywhere. To get within the capital is easy but to enter different class areas, not so much. Heavily guarded gates grant access from one class level to the next and you must have special permission, a crest or an invitation with a family/royal crest.

The high class roles would have to be characters that have some reason to leave the comfort of the rich life, be it they're bored, wish to go after the thief, or even tossed out by their family (In which they'd become lower class immediately)

If someone wishes to play a magic user (I'd limit it to one) they'd have to either work under the queen or be an outsider and hide their use of magic well.

All outsiders traveling into the country will receive a mask at a border check point.

~*~

Character sheets should look like (POST CHARACTER SUBMISSIONS HERE):

Name: Twilight Fox
Race: human
Description: (pictures are fine as well, don't forget the mask you wear)
Twilight Fox is a black haired beauty. She wears all long black clothes, skin tight but comfortable for easy maneuvering. Her mask is that of a fox, orange and white with golden designs.
Personality: Twilight Fox is a thief, she is conditioned to stealth at all times. She loves to taunt the people out for her capture and prefers to steal the dusk or dawn, finding it the most beautiful time of day to be out and about. A calling card is left behind at every scene that is her work.
Background: No one knows much about this lawbreaker, just that she is wanted for her traitorous actions against the throne.
Last edited by Tenshi_Ame on Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Do not fear the Grim Reaper for he only tends to your soul after the body can no longer house it

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tenshi_Ame
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: A Masked Theif

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby falling_angel on Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:41 pm

Hmm......Does the Twilight Fox have any friends that are aware of this? Is this a rebellion type thing, or one rebel?

Or does it become a rebellion as people find out about it?
We're all mad here.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

falling_angel
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Inner Fray on Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:00 pm

This looks promising. A few questions, if I may:
Is it possible to get more detail on the state of the Capital?
Did you have a certain idea for what the high class roles were going to be like?
Will there be a limit on magic users?
Lastly, If a character comes from outside of the city how would they go about getting a mask?

Inner Fray
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:47 pm

More about the time period (medieval, renaissance, colonial, modern or futuristic) would be nice too
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tenshi_Ame on Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:07 am

The Twilight fox is a lone thief. No one knows who she is or where she's hiding. The Queen is outraged by her, it should be easy to find someone when no one within the country should have a similar mask.

The state of the capital. The closer you are to the center the more beautiful the city is. The lower class area is considered more of the slums then anything, but a giant wall surrounds the city and royal guards are everywhere. To get within the capital is easy but to enter different class areas, not so much. Heavily guarded gates grant access from one class level to the next and you must have special permission, a crest or an invitation with a family/royal crest.

The high class roles would have to be characters that have some reason to leave the comfort of the rich life, be it they're bored, wish to go after the thief, or even tossed out by their family (In which they'd become lower class immediately)

If someone wishes to play a magic user (I'd limit it to one) they'd have to either work under the queen or be an outsider and hide their use of magic well.

All outsiders traveling into the country will receive a mask at a border check point.

Time period would be medieval.

Tenshi_Ame
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Inner Fray on Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:00 pm

Thanks for the answeres to the quetions, I'm interested to see where this goes. I have an idea for a character that may work, it still needs some work.
Will the central plot revolve around catching twilight fox with some other stories working in the background?

Inner Fray
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tenshi_Ame on Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:11 pm

For now it will :D

Tenshi_Ame
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Inner Fray on Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:21 pm

Will you be starting an OOC for this rp soon or are you waiting for more people to post here?

Inner Fray
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tenshi_Ame on Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:30 pm

I'll be waiting for more people, I haven't received any character submissions yet.

Tenshi_Ame
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Comrade Vacilli on Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:31 pm

I'm somewhat intrested...

There should be two, no more, no less. One to embody power, one to crave it. "
- Darth Bane
" I? I am peace, I am salvation."
- Grave mind

Comrade Vacilli
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:36 am

I'm also kind of interested, but I'll wait a bit before I decide. :P Fantasy RP's usually aren't my forte unless they have something special. It looks really promising, though. :o

Loxley
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tenshi_Ame on Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:33 am

Well to be honest this my first time running a rpg via forum. now new to rpg, just forums. Hope you'll join =)

Tenshi_Ame
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:53 am

I might have missed out on it somewhere in the thread, but what races are there to choose between in the RP world? :P If I can come up with a character that amuses me, then I'll join up. :mrgreen:

Loxley
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tenshi_Ame on Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:37 am

Tota = Human. Occasional other races will be seen but they're obviously from another country. Saii the merchant city would be the main place to find a diversity. Within Roktu, the capital, there would be ambassadors from other countries but other then that they're uncommon.

I'll say for now no demons, but anything else if currently fair game as long as the character is built reasonably and has a reason to be traveling into Tota territory.

Tenshi_Ame
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abstract Calamity on Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:47 pm

I'm interested as well.
"The night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies.
The contract, is it worth the price?
A soul pledged to the darkness.
Now I've lost it, I know I can kill.
The truth is just beyond the Gate!"

Abstract Calamity
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:55 am

So, will this RP kick off soon? :D I've got a character that I'm working on now that I might be able to use here in that case.

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tenshi_Ame on Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:15 pm

I'll probably start it when I get 3-5 characters accepted.

Tenshi_Ame
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seijun13 on Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:24 pm

Okay, to say I'm not interested would be a total lie. You've got me hooked now all you need to do is reel me in, so to speak. (No, I'm not a fish.) I have a character which would be great for this sort of thing. All I have to ask is...

1: When you say 'other races', would nekos and such be included?

And, 2: I'm guessing this si fantasy but would there be special powers and such? I'm kind of confused about that aspect.

3: What do you mean by 'get 3-5 characters accepted'? How can you get them accepted if you don't have an OOC thread up yet?

Other than those questions, I think I understand everything.

EDIT: Sigh. I'm goin' blind at last. But now I ask, do I send you the profile in PM or post it here on the thread?
FRIENDS: Will look at you like you're crazy when you tell them you're an alien from outerspace.
BEST FRIENDS: Will break you out of the loony bin and drive you to New Mexico to meet up with the mothership.

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
Who was the first person to say "See that chicken over there... I'm gonna eat the first thing that comes out of its butt"?

Seijun13
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:04 pm

Well, here's my character at least. :P I was going to go with an elf, but, meh, I'll go with a human instead.

Name: Greyhawk
Race: Human
Description: Long, unkempt and slightly greasy dark-brown hair, and unshaven face. Greyhawk wears a black eyepatch over his left eye, which was burnt out when he first was sent to jail. He has a nasty scar running up from his chest, and ending just under his larynx. He usually wears loose-fit green garbs allowing for good mobility, along with a leather scale armor, his well-made (though not magical) longsword, and a light but strong buckler. His mask depicts a dog of undeterminable race.

Personality: Greyhawk is a disillusioned and ruthless mercenary. He is prone to excessive violence even when it isn't necessary. He also shows some sign of mental problems caused by always having to wear a mask, and having trouble distinguishing his own person from the animal his mask depicts.

Background: Greyhawk is a criminal and a murderer who's spent a long time in jail for desertion from the Army. He grew up in Saii as a street urchin and thief, and in time joined the Army, later to desert and become a freelance mercenary, assassin and bandit. When he was captured for his crimes, his left eye was burnt out before he was thrown in jail. Having spent almost five years in one of the worst prisons in the country, Greyhawk is now prepared to do almost anything to escape its grasp. It is rumored that he has a wife and children somewhere, but Greyhawk never speaks of them to anyone.

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tenshi_Ame on Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:13 pm

To Seijun13: No magical abilities unless you're a magic user under the queen's control or an outsider who really knows how to hide them. So magical special abilities, but exceptional skill is fine. I'll allow cat as a race, besides looks, the only difference would be senses and agility. No exceptional strength or anything. For question #3 I've edited the first post, it should answer that question now.

To Loxley: I like your character and can't wait to see him in action =)

Tenshi_Ame
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!