Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Medieval Fantasy (Demon Hunt anyone?)

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Medieval Fantasy (Demon Hunt anyone?)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dreamsdontlast on Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:11 am

Caressing him much like a long time lover would, she ran her fingertips along the man's strong jaw line. The smooth silky feel of his skin was almost entrancing to her. The taste of it would be even better. Delicately, she cupped his dimpled chin and tilted the kneeling man's head back to look deeply into his eyes. "Tell me, my pet..." She murmured softly as she leaned her face close enough to feel his shaky breath against her own skin. "Why would you ever try to run away. Have I not been the most loving of hosts? Or would you prefer I gave you to my brothers... hmmm?"

In her grasp, he shuddered and closed his eyes. Though she knew his name, it did not matter. Not to her. The creature that held him prisoner for the past week had simply thought of him a morsel. In him she had seen a sweet treat to pass the time with, and she had not been disappointed. Each scream had been delightful. Each drop of blood comparable to finely aged wine. His features were pleasing to both mortal and demon alike. Statues could have been made in his image to represent strength in body as well as character. But, that had been before she picked him.

Now he knelt at her feet and permeated the fire lit cave with an almost tangible aroma of fear. She had let him see what her brothers did to their own pets. Those two were savages. Bestial beings through and through, with little taste for subtleties. No... they would much rather shred their prey to pieces before taking the time to enjoy the sweet screams, or tantalising smells of fear and despair. She found them distasteful in their ability to waste all the things she craved for the most.

In contrast, she relished the finer things. They accused her of being picky about her prey, whilst she merely thought of herself as discriminating. She had finer tastes than the other two, and a mere unschooled shepherd would not satisfy her. She was vain and arrogant. Even the form she took was carefully chosen to suit her means.

The body she inhabited was exquisite. The toned hourglass figure was meant to tempt and distract. To cause a man's blood to boil with desire and a woman's with envy. Despite the obvious lack of sunlight in their underground dwellings, her skin glowed golden against the firelight. Dark curls past her shoulders framed her face. Large almond shaped eyes were lined with luxurious lashes and accompanied by finely arched brows. Those pearl like, pupil-less milky pools, had a tendency to unnerve people and a wonderful ability to entrance them. Her lips were lusciously plump and tantalising even if they hid small razor sharp teeth.

It was a corner of those lips that lifted up in a malicious grin. "You would? Not to worry my pet. Tonight we dine as a family, yes? Look!" She purred and looked past the man, turning his head towards the entrance to her lair. "See? They come. Oh what a feast shall we have! Come brothers! Dine with me!"

Soon all that could be heard outside Asheera's underground cave would be the heart wrenching screams of what once was a proud and strong man. The Lord and Master of Eduniel...

Hi folks!

So I don't really know where the stuff above came from I just felt like writing it. I wanted to try my hand at something evil. It's been itching at me for a few days. Hopefully it works for you folks. I was thinking of using that as an introduction to an rp. I'm thinking these demons are plaguing this medieval type kingdom called Eduniel. In this world, people are rather superstitious and are part of a monotheistic society (though this god can be known by various names though I don't know any of them at the moment.)

The demons in this place are a very real human problem. SO... there this particular nest of them in underground caverns in a mountain range within the borders of Eduniel. The nest consists of 3 demons, Asheera and her two brothers. I have left them unnamed so they can be playing characters if someone wants them (in case this idea interests people).

Also, I'm thinking a small party of "hunters" should be organised to try and rid Eduniel of these pests and a futile attempt to rescue their already dead Lord.

I haven't decided if I want to play Asheera or not yet. I might lol

Any ideas to spice this up? Anyone willing to co GM cause I'm pretty sure I would suck at it.

If there is any interest in this I'll post an OOC with the few rules and expectations. But I would like to ask for literate players please.
Last edited by dreamsdontlast on Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

dreamsdontlast
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Mature Medieval Fantasy (Demon Hunt anyone?)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aufeis on Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:44 am

Pretty dark, man. I like it. And I have the PERFECT character for something like this. I'll just have to dust him off a bit. Haven't used him since I wrote my book, haha. I could help you out, if you'd like. Got a couple of my own RP's going, but they're going rather slow right now, anyway. I should be able to post at least once a day, but more than likely more. Ah, it will feel good to control a demon hunter again.
Beware the Wrath of Color Changing Kirby.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aufeis
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forum_Stalker on Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:12 am

I salute you, sir. One day I wish to write like that.

Count me in, most definitely.
The quality of my posts is inversely proportional to the number of role-plays I am currently in, which is 1.

Forum_Stalker
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dreamsdontlast on Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:34 am

Thanks guys! I just definately had an SQUEE moment.

Aufeis, I would very much apreciate your help and ideas. I'm glad you feel that you have a character that will fit right in to this whole thing and I'm looking forward to seeing it. Hopefully we can get more people to get this going, if not with three of us I could probably take two characters myself.

Forum_Stalker, that is the biggest compliment I have received about my writing ... not only here, but EVER. Thank you! Very happy you are interested :) First time writing from a "bad guys" perspective.

dreamsdontlast
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aufeis on Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:44 am

Well, you've picked up two people in a matter of hours. I'd say that's pretty good.

If necessary, I could take two characters as well.

Aufeis
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFirstFist on Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:29 am

I'm in, sounds like fun
Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow forth like a river. And the three will spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god

TheFirstFist
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Typhon13 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:05 am

Looks interesting, i'll take one of asheera's brothers when you start.

Typhon13
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gekidami on Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:29 pm

I like the idea though i'd be interested in knowing what rules you intend to use and also what abilties/choices people would have with their characters.

Gekidami
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:42 pm

Nice writing, I would like to drop a reminder though of our site policies in regards to explicit roleplay content and that we don't allow for excessively mature themes (18+), just to remind. ^^ Otherwise, good luck.

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dreamsdontlast on Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:54 pm

Alvaron wrote:Nice writing, I would like to drop a reminder though of our site policies in regards to explicit roleplay content and that we don't allow for excessively mature themes (18+), just to remind. ^^ Otherwise, good luck.

Oh don't worry I wasn't going to take it that far, I dont intend to break any rules. I would much rather leave things to the powers of suggestion than being too graphic about things. :)

Gekidami wrote:I like the idea though i'd be interested in knowing what rules you intend to use and also what abilties/choices people would have with their characters.

I'm still thinking about all that and will hopefully come up with something by tomorrow. I threw this thing together late last night with the minimal things I expressed in mind and nothing else at the time. It was one of those "my fingers itch to get it out" sort of writing projects. I just think I want evil to be evil, greedy, petty, and selfish, though I think it will have be kept in check. I'm also hoping for a lighter side to balance out the dark elements of the story line.

I want some form of magic since defenceless mortal vs. demon butcher just seems unfair. I would prefer something that would balance things out instead of being invisible. I'm thinking something with the same feeling as Diablo (II) in a way. Anyone familiar with the games? Does that even make any sense?

dreamsdontlast
Member for 15 years

Re: Medieval Fantasy (Demon Hunt anyone?)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aufeis on Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:58 pm

Yeah, I think I get what you're trying to say. And I was able to beat the Butcher without magic. Got him trapped on the opposite side of a grate and shot him to death. HA! Works like a charm every time. Anyway, more to the point, I agree. Some basic spells would be useful, like maybe healing spells, some elemental spells, and maybe a few teleport spells. Nothing like, "Ho shit, A-Bomb" spells.

If you want, I can help you come up with rules. That's usually relatively easy.

Aufeis
Member for 15 years

Re: Medieval Fantasy (Demon Hunt anyone?)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forum_Stalker on Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:17 am

I may not play a magically-attuned character for this one, there's other forms of offense I want to explore. But just for my knowledge, what about summoning spells? And will there be arcane and divine magic, or just one general form?

Forum_Stalker
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!