Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Memories Never Die (Closed)

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Memories Never Die (Closed)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiix on Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:19 pm

Hundreds of years ago, two lands lived in harmony, trading, allies in war and life. The two kingdoms lived in peace, the royal families close, and their children growing up together, only two years apart. Life was great, rolling prairies, mysterious woods, cheer filled both kingdoms, there was little crime, or unhappiness, the two kingdoms had came close to utopia, what everyone had tried to achieve.

More often than not the royal families’ children, no more than 12 at the time, were together, their maids following wherever they went. Not too far into the woods they had their own little fort set up, where they would play for hours on end, where they gave each other their first kisses. The families got the children horses at the same time, so they were able to train and ride together. Many thought the two families would unite by a marriage between the two kids, but the families were smarter than that. Figuring there would be no fighting or war between them ever, the young girl’s family quickly arranged for her to get married on her 21st birthday to a prince from a nearby kingdom, making the three kingdoms an unstoppable force.

But the kingdoms quickly fell, for an unknown reason. Both received knowledge that the other was plotting against the other, about attacking and taking over their land for their own. The two kingdoms fell into an endless war, fighting for an unknown cause. And years later neither kingdom could tell which had started the war, it just was, two lands fighting, that had once been at perfect peace.

Guinevere smiled as she looked at the women of her family around the table, her father and older brother at war, leaving her mother and two grandmothers left in the castle.
“Mother, May I be excused, I’m not feeling well”
“Gwen darling, you have not been feeling well for quite some time now. I’m going to call the doctor.”
“No mother! It’s the war, I promise, it’s just, well awful, and with father and Paul gone, it’s not the same here.”
“Gwen, the war has been going on for nine years, its nothing new, and your father has been in and out for the whole time, I’m going to call the doctor.”
“NO! Mother, I’m fine, Its Paul, I worry about him, he is my older brother after all.”
Elizabeth sighed, “Gwen, if this continues I will have to call the doctor.”
“I know mother, Good night.” She got up and kissed all three of the older women on the cheek before quickly running up the stairs to her room. Opening the big wooden door and quickly closing it. Nine years already? Nine years since she had been able to be happy, go and play, Nine years… she couldn’t believe she was ten at the time the war started.

Reaching up she took the pins out of her long brown hair, it falling from the decorative knot on top of her head. She went to her large looking glass and put it back up into a tight up do, making sure nothing was in her face. Going to her closet she opened it and ripped up the board from the bottom and smiled. There sat the chainmail and armor that had been in her family for years. It was the only armor she could get her hands on so that no one would know it was gone. It was years out of date, but it still worked.

She had been planning this for a while now since Paul went off to war, it wasn’t like her to sit back and be told she couldn’t do something. He was only five years older than her; she could do the same things he could. Paul and her father taught her how to fight, and she had her horse, cobalt, which was a beast of a horse. Gwen was a strong willed woman, unlike all of the other maidens, she never fit in, and when Paul said he was going off to war with her father, she knew that’s what she wanted to do as well.

Struggling, she stripped down and put on the pants and armor that in the past months she had slowly taken from the laundry and attic. Looking once more in the looking mirror she smiled, he face looked like a young boy’s and she would have to remember to disguise her voice… but she thought she could do it. She grabbed the sword her father had given her years ago, of course telling her to never tell her mother, and took a deep breath to gain her courage. Opening the drawer of her night table she put the letter she had written to her mother and put it on her pillow.

It was late by now, and it was now time to sneak out, grab Cobalt and make her way to the battle field. Growing up in the same castle helped, she made her way almost silently through the halls, and down into the stables. Her saddle bag was packed with food and clothes, she had prepared earlier that day.

Saddling up Cobalt, she swung herself up on the monstrous horse and made her way to the battle fields.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸If Music Be The Food of Love¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Don't forget to HUG a gamer!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tiix
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Memories Never Die (Closed)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tamed_Shadows on Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:26 am

Acura glanced at the men on horseback that seemed to come from the woodwork.Something seemed wrong.Nine years of fighting seemed alot more then was neccisary.He did not even remember what happened to start this war but he remembered when he was seperated from his love.But at that age who really knows what or who they are.He coulden't have loved her.He lived with thoughts such as these for nine years before this day.In front of his eyes men were gathering for war and battle.He,from the time he was twelve trained for the war.Finally three years ago his father,Lord of his land and country decided he was allowed to fight.But from when he was twelve up until he wa seventeen he trained in the art of the blade and Mount.Not that he needed it,his horse,lance trusted him just as much as Acura trusted him.He has been with him for nine years now.

He was in some sort of a daze when his father rosde beside of him and stopped.He even said something before Acura noticed.
"What was that father?" he asked in a respectful tone.
His father gave him an annoyed look having only to repeat himself.
"I said if you are going tp daze off then stay at home,we do not need another dead prince on these feilds" He said wispering the last part.
Although everyone knew that his brother had died, no one spoke of it.It was two years ago when his brother was leading a rebell force of horsemen that were trying to escape.His brother stood against a massive wave of an army.He was killed that night.

Acura shook his head and kicked at his horses side.His fathyer and him rode to the front and placed themselves before the men.His father was a speech maker and always adressed the soldiers who fought for him.Making them gain confidence in what they were doing.
"Are you ready son?"
"No i am not ready to kill anyone,but i will never be more ready then i am now,so we might as well do this then eh?"
Yea you are right Acura..You are alot more wise then your brother,you do your duty because you are asked to, not because you feel you have to..that is comendable."

His father did not know him very well if he thought this.Then again no one knew him.One person once did but she was long gone.He was subject to be married next few monts and he was not ready for this.To marry someone for money or wealth or an alliance is not as near as gracefull as falling for the person.
"We die for our Kindoms!" his father shouted.
"I die for myself father" He said.All the men rode off heading for the battle.This was his first battle and very well may be his last.

(Yea i still want to,hope this is alright,had to think some,i'll be on tomarrow)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tamed_Shadows
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiix on Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:49 am

Gwen sat tall on Cobalt, riding into the woods, the quickest way to meet her fellow troops. The trees were casting dark shadows on the ground, reminding her of the monsters that were often in the story books she use to read when she was younger, the monsters that she had dreamed of fighting one day... if they were real... Slowing the horse down she decided to take a quick detour through the woods to a small fort. Memories flooded back to her, a boy, her first kiss, laughing playing, times of peace and happiness, times where she didn't have to worry, when she could play and be herself instead of the proper lady she was always required to be. Out here she didn't have to walk, she could run and wrestle, talk without having to be spoken to... Memories of a boy, one that didn't care if she had mud in her hair or said what was on her mind....

Demounting her horse she smiled looking at the fort, all of the good times they had spent in there, laughing, goofing around, she missed it... There were millions of butterflies in her stomach when she touched the now run down structure, Small flashes of the boy flooded her mind, a feeling of love maybe? Sounds of battle could be heard far in the distance, it seemed to be going at all hours of the day now, people getting tired of fighting a battle with no point. She smiled to herself and mummbled a small "I'm going crazy," and Remounted Cobalt. "Come on boy... Lets go," She started through the forest.

She knew this wasn't the smartest way to go, the trees hindered her view with every turn, but it was the fastest way to the battle fields, fastest way to her father and brother. She could only hope she would catch a glance at them, make sure they are okay before she was rushed off to fight. She didn't like the thought of killing another human, but she wanted this war to be over, the lands to be at peace again, the blood stained grass to finally grow green after nine years of bloodshead.

With a swift kick to the beast's ribs she urged her horse onward towards the battle.

Tiix
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tamed_Shadows on Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:39 am

Acura glanced at the warriors opposing him.This was not the thing to do,fighting.It was nonesence.He wanted to be a normal person and worry about there studies not this stuff.
"Father I should take the torn road to the east,there is a little fort there i used to play,it comes right behind them.I could take the cavelry through there"
"No..it is to dangerous..I shall take the cavalry through there..you lead the front lines..."
"But father..this is my first battle..please.."
"You must learn one way or another, you said it was this way then?"
"Aye" He thought his father was being foolish for leading the sneak attack on the enemy that way.One of his reasons for going that way was to remember what was there.The small fort he built when he was younger.He shook his head and watched his father and the Cavelry disappear into the woods.He looked back at the rest of the men that stood there,some hundred he guessed.They looked frightened but most of them he knew.He would go into the less rich provinves and assist the lesser's most of the time.Something to ease his mind.These were not soldiers they were pesants.He glanced at the enemy.It would be a pretty fair fight.He gave the horse a jolt to the ribs and i was trotted forward.The troops slowly after him.He stopped after several feet.He drew the blade he would use to kill soldiers with.He raised it into the air and waited for the signal fron his father.He was told to wait until his father emerged from the safety of the forest and attack from behind.For at that point they would try to escape any other way.This was what he was to do.Kill retreating soldiers.He shook his head.He was a great war general but not a great father.
Meanwhile in the forest his father was leading a cavelry through a dense forest.There wasen't much veiw but he trusted his son.The men were looking for every exit to the place.Some seemed to think his sn just wanted to get him killed for taking him away from his childhood love.The king however knew the waay for he had to come and look for his son here several times after the war started.It seemed he would come here hoping the girl was.Unfortunatly she wasen't and he found Acura crying.But now it would be used as a war path.His father sighed and sped the cavelry up.He would hope no soldiers were along the path.That would make his attack much harder.

(Sorry,i know it's short)

Tamed_Shadows
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiix on Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:18 pm

Gwen rode throught the forest, the clashes of war in the distance. The armor was heavy on her petite body, weighing her down even more, she thanked her lucky stars Cobalt had grown into a strong beast, being able to hold her, the weight of her supplies, and the heavy armor that surrounded her body. Cobalt stopped dead in his tracks and she looked down at the back of his large head a bit confused. She put her bare hand on his neck, "Come one boy,its okay, its far away," She lightly kicked his ribs urging him forward. She didn't feel safe here, unlike all the times when she was young, this was her haven, and now, it felt like every tree had eyes, all watching her, telling the troops where she was, every move she was making.

Slowly the horse began to make his way forward, his hooves beating on the ground. In Gwen's mind it echoed through the whole forest, louder then the sounds of battle in the background. Coming out from the cover of the bush, to a small open patch in the forest her heart stopped, she heard horses, heavy breathing. Was it one person? Or more? She wasn't sure she could even deal with one person, let alone however many were out there.

Hoping she could get behind them without notice she urged the beast into the forest. Slowly and as soundlessly as she could she guided Cobalt to the edge of the forest, her eyes remaining in the direction of the sounds. She was behind them by now, safe. She let out the breath she didn't realize she was holding and put her bare hand back on Cobalt's neck. "Good boy... Thats my boy..." Leading him out of the forest, high on his back she smiled thinking she was safe, untill Cobalt halted, she looked up from his black mane... Troops, surrounding her, blades drawn. Gwen's mouth went dry and she grabbed the hilt of her sword, there was no way she was going to survive this....

Tiix
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tamed_Shadows on Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:18 pm

Acura slowly got a panicked worry about him.His father had not come out of the forest something was wrong for sure.He turned his horse to the side and trotted off for the woods.Maybe they had set up some sort of ambush for his father.This and many other things crossed his mind as he rushed for the forest intrest hoping to see his father delayed for something stupid like a horse collapsing or some odd reason.He doubted this for his father would probably walk to the enemy.

He sighed as the men in his command stayed back where they were.Only three or four soldiers rode with him.Some mass of men were up ahead.He thought it might be fathers second squad but why would they be apart.He kicked Lance into action and galloped for them.He slowed his horse to a stop and looked around the men.They seemed to have one soldier in custody for there were men surronding the poor fellow.Or what he thought was a male.He turned his horse to look around for his father.
"What is going on here?"
"Sir we caught a prisoner"
"And take him to the castle.you know the drill where is my father?"
"He went ahead sir.He said something has happened someone has been kidnapped or something.They called for a seize fire."
Acura looked at the prisoner then to the men
"Why would they stop a battle for just one soldier..this soldier?
"No sir..A female was taken,maybe a maid or something.No one knows how they could have gotten into the castle.but your father wants you to take this prisoner to the castle and stay there"
Acura cursed under his breath.He always got the dirty work.He motioned towards the prisoner and the two horsemen rode over to "him" and pushed him in front of the horses.This coused the person to be forced to walk.
"Clean this mess up,tell my father i will see him up at the castle after i take this prisoner to the dungeons"
Acura rode swiftly to catch up with his two men on horses and the prisoner.He thought this was a burden, he would have to ride all the way to the castle and place him in jail.He let a sigh escape his mouth as he looked up at the castle.

Tamed_Shadows
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiix on Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:04 am

Gwen's eyes never left the ground, she had really done it this time, not even on the battlegrounds and she was already in the hands of the enemy. Being on the ground, it was harder to act like a man then on Coblat, her hips naturally swayed even with her best efforts to make them stop. She cursed herself and set her mind to Cobalt, she hoped the beast was okay, hoped they would take care of him, she figured she would never see her horse again, or the break of daylight as long as this war was in full swing.

Her ears perked up when she had heard about the seize fire, it couldn't be for her would it? She laughed to herself, hoping no one else saw her doing, they would think she was insain, they wouldn't do that for her... not with a war lasting this long, would they? Then again... If her note wasn't found... They would figure that she had been kiddnapped, she tried to remember back, tried to remember... Her window...What if the wind caught the letter? She cursed herself again, was this all her fault? The soldier said it might have been a maid... But? She didn't know for sure, her only hope was that the soliders were too tired to notice her swaying hips,and the fact she still was in full armor.

Another horse rode up to the side of her, and she looked up at the man, her heart skipped a beat, he looked so fimilar, she shook her head and looked back at the ground. Maybe she was going insain... They killed people for that reason alone... But what would be her fate now? She would eventally need to take off the armor, and she had not cut her hair, that would be a dead give away, not to mention the lack of coverage of her chest once the armor was gone. Now the chainmail was so heavy it made the front of her body look flat, square, hiding her defined curves, but once that was gone and she was left in the men's pants and shirt... She cursed herself for a third time on that walk to the castle,how could she be so dumb?

And what happens when they found she was a female? Would they believe her that she was the princess? All dirty and battered, let alone in men's clothing? And if she was put into a cell with others, they were almost guaranteed men, what would they do when they found out? She closed her eyes and prayed...

Tiix
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tamed_Shadows on Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:23 am

Acura rode ahead of the others.A whole day wasted on a foolish soldier.He looked around as they approached the castle.It was littered with guards.Men were returning from the battle in hordes.Way behind them his father could be seen riding along.He turned back and shook his head.
"Well we are here,get her into the castle i will see the horses are taken care of.Meet me in the hall.Get that prisoners equiptment off.Check him for weapons."
Acura rode off with the others horses and placed them in the stable.He dismounted and made sure they had food for the night.On his walk back from the stables he noticed something odd.The soldiers horse seemed to have followed.It was at the edge of the trees waiting it seemed.He shook his head and walked along.He stepped up the first of the many steps to the hall.Never noticing the horse vanishing back into the woods.

The soldiers pushed the soldier into the hall and onto the floor
"Strip him of his armour"
"Yes sir!"
The first of the guards stepped over to her and grabbed her helm and pulled it off.The guard seemed to fall back onto his back
"It's a damn girl!"
"What no way!"
They continued to strip her down until she was just in her chainmail.They were bewildered at what a female was doing in this battle.
"Do you think this is the girl that is missing?"
"Oh man,we are going to get it now."
Acura was walking up the remaining steps and entered ther hall.He saw the armour on the ground,A female and the two soldiers standing there,but not the prisoner.
"Did he get away from you?"
"N-no sir.."
"Then where is he?"
"There sir" They pointed at the Female.
Acura turned his head and was caught in his words.There she was.After all these years there she was.He felt weak,like he coulden't move.It made him feel as though something was eating his insides.He turned his head fast as he heard his father enter the castle and start up the steps."You know what my father will do to you, he will use you to bargain...or worse.Get her to my room now!" He shouted.He coulden't let his father take her away so soon.He might tell him later but after he talked with her.He watched as the soldiers pulled her up the other set of stairs.He turned to his father as he emerged.
"Well where is the prisoner?"
"Escaped me sir"
"Acura..he escaped you..."
"Yes father"
"Have you been letting prisoners go again?"
"No father"
"very well i am tired,maids see me to my room we shall have me a bath"
His father walked up the stairs and Acura followed but jumped up the stairs ahead of him.He ran to his door and opened it going in fast.He slammed the door and put his back to it.His eyes fell on here again.A smile spread across his face
"Hello love" he said quietlu.

Tamed_Shadows
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiix on Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:41 pm

Gwen's eyes never left the ground as the men looked at her like she was a mythical beast, and to them, she was. It was against all laws for a woman to go into war, and even more so dressed like a man. She failed, like always messed things up. The men continued to strip her down to her chainmail and the men's clothing she had originally stolen. She heard another set of footsteps and glanced up for a split second, it was the man who rode with them here, the one whom rode ahead, millions of butterflies roamed in her stomach once more, there was something about him that made her body stand at attention, something in her dreams maybe? She met a lot of people in her position; maybe he was one of them.

She looked back at the ground tensing when the guards told the man their prisoner was a female, preparing to feel the hand across her cheek followed by the sharp stinging pain, but it didn't happen. Instead he sounded worried, and Urgent, ”You know what my father will do to you, he will use you to bargain...or worse. Get her to my room now!" And with that Gwen was dragged out of the room and up a flight of stairs. She all bet fell up the stairs, the Chain mail hindering her movement, weighing her petite frame down. Once at the top of the stairs she was dragged down a hall and pushed into a room.

Looking around the room, her mouth when dry, what was he planning on doing? He had said something about his father and bargaining. Why didn’t he just let him do it? And by that statement she guessed he was the prince. She took a step back as that thought crossed her mind, her heart felt like it was beating twice as fast. What was wrong with her? She didn’t know him, did she? With a long sigh she struggled to get the chainmail off, leaving her in just the men’s clothing.

When she heard the door open and close her eyes remained looking at the ground like an obedient maiden. But she couldn’t help but look at the man, he was smiling, and with that her stomach dropped, what was he planning? ”Hello Love,” Disobeying the rules she knew that she should follow, especially at this time, she looked up at him, her emerald eyes showing her fear.

She took a deep breath looking the man in the eyes, “Sire, I am Guinevere Daughter of King Pexista, if you and your father wish to use me for bargaining so be it, my family would do anything for me, I am their only daughter, and if it ends this god awful war, so be it.” Her body tensed waiting to be hit, to be shown her place, she spoke out of turn, and any man had the right to do that to a woman.

Tiix
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tamed_Shadows on Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:16 pm

Acura glanced at her.She did not get it.He was not going to play it out for her.He walked to the chair and pushed it towards her.He sat on the end of the bed and loosened his belt which contained his weapon.He pulled it off and sat it in the corner.He paused and looked out of the window.
"You gave them quite a scare..they stopped the battle..and it was good that they did..i was going to end this war today...You may have been killed...You still may if my father finds you.Although confronting your own father would be much worse." He turned hiss head toward her."You have changed.." he said slowly recalling times when they were at play."I suppose i have to,for you do not recognise me.." he said this with a hint of sadness.He let the smile fade from his face.He stood and walked to the door and opened it.The guard that stood outside it looked in at him
"My lord?"
"Yes...get me a dress from Masyirs room please"
"Right away sir"
Acura turned back to her."You need to get out of those clothes,you will catch your death wearing those around here.People would think you are mad." He turned back to her and sat on the bed.Nothing seemed to be more awkward then this.He was going against all his fathers rules to save someone he had not spoken to in years.He glanced out the window for a breif moment.There was her horse.There was a gentle knock at the door and the guard entered.
"My lord the dress.."
"Thank you,oh..fetch the horse that is along the tree lines..erm and get my horse ready,and one for you."
This was his plan, alrthough his father could have him hanged for tretchery,he hoped he could pull this off.He turned back to her."Put this on, it will be easier to sneak you out of here if you are not dressed innoporiatly(SP)"
He turned to the door and opened it.He looked back with a pleasant smile then closed the door behind him.He raced down the steps and into the courtyard.His father was going to council, the perfect break he needed.But he had to get her out of here soon or they would notice him gone.He leaned against the castle wall for a moment before heading back up.He slide to a seat outside of his door.If anyone asked he was thinking.This was his usual excuse for blocking people out.

Tamed_Shadows
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiix on Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:38 pm

She was suprised when she wasn't hit. That wasn't normal for a male when a female talked without being spoken to, this man, something was off about him. Why was he doing this for her. Gwen wanted to know what this man was thinking, what was he planning? Horses? Sneaking her out? She didn't have a chance to ask because he gave her the dress and walked out of the room. Atleast she could dress in private. Slipping out of the men's clothing she put on the dress and neatly folded the men's clothing and placed them on the chair. She sat on the bed racking her mind trying to figure out how she knew this man, he told her she had changed. She was so lost... He felt like someone out of a dream, but he remembered her.

She stood up and went to the looking mirror, she figured he knew she was a female, so she reached up and began pulling the pins out of her hair, letting her long brown hair fall down onto her back, falling to her hips. She sighed and turned around her head held high. She could try to escape here now. She slightly laughed at herself, look at her like always causing trouble, it was like always, messing thigs up. She looked down at the belt he had taken off, leaving his weapons where she could access them wasn't smart, but he had done so much for her, she was willing to risk getting caught unarmed.

She opened the door and let out a small gasp suprised to find the man there, "Sire..." She looked at him, "I know it is not my place to ask, but how do I know you?"

Tiix
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tamed_Shadows on Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:47 pm

Acura turned to her as the door opened.He stood and brushed himself off."Do not call me sire..and well..you don't anymore it would seem.I have horses ready when you want to leave.I advise we go now so there will not be any complication." He turned away from her and motioned the soldier.He knew the soldiers would not tell, why would they? He had always treated them with kindness, consulted them when he had a problem.All the guards liked him.He watched the guard go down to get the horses.He did not want to go as of yet, not until the horses were in the front.He turned to her with a smile.He would not tell her.He would let her figure it out,however long that would take.He stepped down the stairs and stopped.

Acura turned to her and smiled."You are very pretty in that dress..why dress like a man in that case?" he asked her.He knew she probably wanted to fight, but why risk your life for something that would not make a differance.The war was close to an end,he was sure of it.He promised himself he would end the war and confront her finally after all these years, but it was her however,who found him.He shook his head and started down the steps again.It was not like his to go against his father, but even though they haden't talked all these years, it seemed as if had not been that long.

He stopped and looked out of the gate the horses were not there yet.What was taking them so long? He turned and walked back up the stairs to her.He turned and leaned on the stair railing."We should be out of here in no time" he looked around.Something did not feel quite right to him, but he shrugged it off.He turned to her and smiled "We will make it safely My lady" he thought it best to not try to make any connection to her.She would be on her way anyway.He looked back at the doorway just as the guards emerged with the horses,"Come" he said walking down the stairs.

Tamed_Shadows
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiix on Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:21 pm

Gwen blushed, her fair skin turning a bright red color, her Emerald eyes brightly shining at the compliment. "I dressed as a man because women are not allowed to fight, My brother was able to go to war, why not me... I can fight and ride as well as any man here, I just wanted this war to be over... I wanted things to be like they were... I wanted to be able to go back into the forest..." She still had no idea who he was, as far as she knew all of her memories were dreams, things that never happend, Looking down waiting for the horses she opened up a tad, "When I was younger, I use to dream about a fort that is in the middle of the woods, and a boy... This war changed everything for my family... Nine years, and no one knows why they are fighting anymore."

Gwen Smiled, and acting like her young self, ran to Cobalt, her long hair flowing behind her, "Cobalt!" She smiled happily and looked back at the man, "Thank you Sire," She continued to call him that out of respect, and lack of a name from him, he had done nothing but show her respect, and help her. She kissed the large black beast on the nose and patted his neck. "Where are you taking me?" All of her training in obediance, that had been started when her family decided she would get married to anothe prince, went out the door. She was talking out of turn, looking the other men directly in the eyes, but for some reason she didn't fell like she needed to remember her training.
Last edited by Tiix on Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tiix
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tamed_Shadows on Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:38 pm

(Name change or something?)

Acura looked at her as she ran down the steps.He followed after her and patted his own horse Lance.He was draped in chainmail.Something Acura had never liked.He reached up and tossed the chainmail off of the animal.He mounted him and smiled at the Female with her horse."My name is Acura" He turned his horse away from the girl and her horse and faced the forest.He would take her back to the castle and home.But first maybe a detour.He looked back at her with a smile "I am taking you home, we should go through the forest, it would be bad if anyone saw us." He turned toward the guards.
"One of you stay here and distract my father if need be, the other will come and ride behind us"
"Yes my lord"
Acura turned back to the female.Was she ready to go, she seemed to have a better attitude then she did when he first saw.Was what they had just a dstant memory?It must be, something that great can't last long.He turned and spoke without looking at her "I once knew a girl..my best friend...she is long gone now, you remind me of her" He said and kicked the horse into action.Lance sped up but not fast as he ought to be.His leg was injured somehow.It would last until they got into the woods.

Tamed_Shadows
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiix on Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:49 pm

((Ahhaha my bad! Mulitasking is hard...))

"Me remind you of someone?" Gwen laughed, "Mother always told me that I was too wild for anyones tastes, that I wasn't like anyone else... Thats why she put me in the stupid obedience classes, once the war started and they decided that I had to have an arranged marriage with some man I don't even know. She said If I don't hold my tounge there is a good chance I will never be wanted, or Men being men, Badly injured." She looked at the man on the horse, and pulled Coblat's rein's to a halt. "You know.. You remind me of someone as well..." She laughed

"I must be crazy, someone From a dream I guess. Just like these woods, the fort, and" She blushed a deeper red, "My first kiss.. Which I guess really wasn't my first if it was a dream..." She smiled, but refused to go farther into the woods then they already had. "Acura... You can leave me here... I-I don't want you getting in any trouble, even though you saved me... With either of our fathers." She smiled as she guided Cobalt towards the fort, "And I really don't want to go home... You said the war had stopped while they looked for me.. Well I don't want to be found yet, I want them to think about why they are fighting, why this whole thing started. Mother and father..." She shook her head, "Thank you Acura for everything, I'm in your debt." With that she nuddged Cobalt with her heels making the horse trot towards the old fort. She figured she could live there for a few days, fix it up, hunt... somehow... She smiled as she approached it.

Tiix
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tamed_Shadows on Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:21 pm

Acura was bewildered.Here the girl wanted to stay in the woods and be looked for.That could not be allowed to happen.What was she thinking"Is this the fort from your dreams?" he asked and trotted up on the right side.The guard he was with looked around nervously.He knew they would get caught."Oh it is nothing, this was built a few years ago, by a small girl and small boy.It has been here for ages, the cold grip of war has never touched it, but nature has" he said pointing to the rotting wood and the spider webs.

He glanced at her and smiled "There are worse things then men with swords in these woods, animals and such, sure you don't want me to ride you farther?" he needed to make sure he was safe.He figured that after all these years it was time to finally let go.He would after a while.Nine years was to long to dwell.He jumped from his horse and ran his hand across the decaying wood."I haven't been here in years.It brings me back" he said glancing at her."They must have been happy the two..the boy and the girl" he turned away from her to glance around the forest.

Tamed_Shadows
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiix on Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:34 pm

"Your men took my sword, and my knives, but..." she looked at the man from her horse, "You said I did know you... and the more I look at you.. the more..." Gwen's eyes widdened and she looked at him as if she had just been scared out of her boots. She looked from the fort to Acura, his eyes, the fort, they were both from... the dream? She closed her eyes racking her brain, "The dream... It wasn't a dream Was it?" She opened her eyes and dismounted her horse and stepped towards him, she slowly raised her hand to what was showing of his cheek, what the armor wasn't covering. "You... Me... The dream...? This fort..." She wasn't making sentances, More talking to herself as she pulled her hand away from him.

She shook her head, "Thirteen years, I haddn't had that dream in thirteen years, and now that I think more about it... It wasn't a dream was it?" She looked at Acura's all too fimilar eyes, "It was just a memory that I forgoten about, the war started, and... we stopped..." This was why her body felt so weird around him, her heart knew what her head didn't. The all too happy memories were pressed back into her mind when her worries of the war started, when every thing changed.

"It was you Acura, Thats how I know you? Right?" She laughed, "The horses," She looked at the two horses, the same size and age, Memories slowly coming back to her. Having everything from what she thought were dreams were right infront of her... "I asked mother... and father... Years ago, They said They were dreams, but..." She took another step forward, "How could I have forgotten?"

Tiix
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tamed_Shadows on Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:47 pm

Acura smiled at her.Yes,she remembered.He coulden't help but smile.He knew.His parents never lied to him about it, they were upfront about the whole situation."It was a dream..Like a dream at least...i used to think that it happened for a reason..or that i did something horrible.and it was a punishment...But i would never forget your eyes.." He smiled at her.Somewhat suprised at how she reacted."It changed all to fast..one minute i was here..and then the guards came and made me go with them....we weren't alloud to play...It crushed me..i never wanted to play again.I suppose i haven't been a child since that day." He turned to the guard whoo looked at them both.He held a smile on his face.He turned and walked away from them and stopped to watch out.

Acura turned back to her."The yelling and playing...freedom.." he ran another finger over the fort as his mind went back to the old days."That cute little girl, who I always played with.Little did she know then that she would mean everything to me.But to have that ripped away one day..it changes you." he glanced at her and pulled the armour from him, revealing a set of black cloths.Under the chainmail was a black vest.He tossed the armour down and sat on the grass next to the fort."It has been a long time Gwen,a long time indeed."

Tamed_Shadows
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiix on Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:01 pm

"Thirteen years too long," She didn't care about rules or ranks anymore, she all but jumped on Acura hugging him with all of her might, blushing she took a step back and looked at him. "My parents..." she laughed, "Of course they would lie, why would they do that?" She shook her head, "War changes everything, from the land to the people. People die, land becomes bloodstained and burned to the ground. People deal with death, with changes, with being torn away from those they care about... Everything changes with war..."

She turned to the fort, "The days we spent building this, and the years we spent playing in it... Our own little castle, our own little land." She smiled remembering that in that small fort was her first kiss, and the only kiss she had ever had. She turned back to him, "Thats why you didn't want to tell me how I knew you... Things... Change...." She gave him a fake half smile and grabbed a dead branch from the ground and began getting the spider webs out of the way, she still wasn't going home.

She didn't know what to say to him, Didn't know why her heart was beating so fast, or why every move she made felt foolish, as if to turn him away. She didn't know how he felt any more, and wasn't planning on asking, he had said it himself, things change. A minute later she looked back at you, "Things do change some people, but some... Even after thinking it was just a dream for so long.. Still feel the same." She went to the door of the fort and pryed it open taking a step inside.

Tiix
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tamed_Shadows on Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:20 pm

Acura sighed.Nothing could make him more happy then to hear these words, so why was it that he felt bad,like something had suddenly stopped him from feeling what it was he truly wanted in his heart.Nothing seemed to be more obvious then his thoughts for he was frowning at the ground.He shook his head and stepped to the fort."I have not been in here for so long...is it still safe...?" he laughed at himself.What could be hiding in here..monsters.This made him laugh.He turned back to the guard who simply waved a hand as if to say "Go have fun". Something strange about the way this made him feel seemed to be expressed in his quiteness.he had dreamed of being here with her for a long time.But now that it happened..He seemed to be less aware of what it was.

"Things do change, i changed...what was i to do..wait for the war to be over..and know that you got married to some wayward prince.How am i supposed to feel right now..in love yes..as always..but it is impossible..our parents..we would never see each other." He sighed and leaned against the wall of the fort.The inside was dusty and lined with spider webs.He glanced around for a moment then took a step toward the back."I do not rememer the inside.." he spoke with a gentle softness.Something he had not had for a long time.

Tamed_Shadows
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!