Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Metroid: Void of Treachery

Metroid: Void of Treachery

a part of “Metroid: Void of Treachery”, a fictional universe by Ryu-Kazuki.

The universe is in perril again. The Galactic Federation steps up to prevent that.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Metroid: Void of Treachery”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Metroid: Void of Treachery

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryu-Kazuki on Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:31 pm

Welcome to the OOC topic for the roleplay "Metroid: Void of Treachery"

Here we will dicuss important things towards the roleplay. Remember to have fun!
To all of you here at Roleplay Gateway, my many friends, I leave you a lifetime supply of ice cream. Oh, the flavor? A boot to the head!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ryu-Kazuki
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Metroid: Void of Treachery

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tigeress on Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:17 am

Im definately interested in joining this, as Metroid roleplays are few and far between. I am most interested in playing a "Luminoth" though.

Still I don't know alot about the story, or even a general plot as yours is slightly vague (no offense). It also seems to be between Metroid 2 and 3, as Rundas is still alive. Fill me in :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tigeress
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ValaunDae'Voth on Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:58 am

If you're still looking for people to join I would love to play one of the hunters,if needed I could probably take a space pirate commander.
Image Image

ValaunDae'Voth
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryu-Kazuki on Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:18 am

You both seem to be very enthusiasted. I'm looking forward to that. Valaun, you may sign up for a hunter.

As for your concern Tigeress, I purposely made it vauge so it doesn't give away many of the elements. If you think, the AU 242 gave Samus many of the status and updates on the message. That is what the AU will do here again.

As for playing a luminoth, I say that's fine. Although, would your character be fighting or support? (Since we haven't seen luminoth fight exactly)

Also, it's Metroid Prime 2 & 3, not Metroid 2 & 3, (I would know I own every game they made, except Other M, but I will soon...)

You should read some of the 2002 manga they made that takes place before Metroid. It should help you understand some things.

I'm doing this in chronilogical order;

Metroid, Samus' mission is to planet Zebes where she grew up and destroy Mother Brain.

Metroid Prime, A disress signal was sent from a space station near Talon IV. Samus finds Ridley and follows him to Talon IV, thus finding herself in impact crater and fighting the Metroid Prime.

Metroid Prime Hunters, Samus finds herself fighting other hunters in the Aimbic Cluster for 'The Ultimate Power'.

Metroid Prime 2, Samus was to search for a group of G.F. troops that went mission eight days before hand. She then learns of the Luminoth and Ing after finding the deceased soldiers. As she helps the Luminoth destroy Dark Aether, she finds Dark Samus.

Metroid Prime 3, Samus' mission is to help the federation and Admiral Dane stop the phazon crisis.

Metroid 2 Return of Samus (for gameboy) is about Samus' mission to SR388 and destroy the Metroids and their queen. In the end, she find an infant that thinks of her as its mother, and she takes it back to the federation.

Metroid 3 [Super Metroid for SNES], Ridley attacks the Ceres Research station and steals the infant. Samus returns to Zebes, destroying Mother Brain's pirate forces and ends up destroying the planet.

Metroid 4 [Metroid Fusion] , Samus is helping some federation scientists and gets infected by a parasite on SR388 known as X. They inplant Metroid DNA in her to cure the X and her mission is to save the B.S.L.

Ryu-Kazuki
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tigeress on Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:04 am

Right Right, I meant Prime and you clearly got what I meant, so no need for the formal explanation. If we are going to split hairs on the content matter of the Metroid Universe, I will most definitely remove my name from this. Be that as it may, thank you for the correction and my words hopefully are not coming across harsh. If they are, I do not mean it in the slightest.

As for playing the Luminoth, ever scanned U-Mos? It had most of the information I plan to bring but its difficult to say what EXACTLY the Luminoth had as weapons or abilities(other than obvious things such as light/dark beam, dark and light suits, ect). It mentioned having them having the ability to generate energy on par with the Chrozo, flight, advanced reflexes,psychic abilities, and from the reports i've read throughout prime 2, a strong physical and mental build, combined with a undying warrior spirit.(at some point in the game, I read that a Luminoth woman starved to death rather than leave her post)

Naturally, after the war with the Ing, I believe their technology will be somewhat lacking, much of it lost, as well as many parts of their warrior culture. As their efforts are focused on rebuilding, I would think that most of their weapons would be primitive comparing other parts of the galaxy.

However, I have no desire to play a over powered character, but essentially I shall play the "Berserker" role, as a hunter perhaps. Im not quite sure it depends on how it all comes out. I generally think it'll be a highly spiritual role, so the character gives a that same "feeling" that you often got from "U-Mos", attempting to capture the the difference in culture ect. Naturally this will require a bit of research on my part.

Some key features I plan to bring to the character is that she often/always travels with those tiny moths you often see throughout Prime 2. Being female also makes her story slightly different than any of the known lore so there is some room for flexibility, as is useful when "fan-fictionalizing" a story. For example, I wrote in one former roleplay that those moths mentioned above were viewed to be reincarnated spirits of the Luminoth, due to them looking the same. Naturally there is no fact proving or disproving this, but it makes for a interesting bit of writing and a well-built spirtual concept.

So in the end, im taking liberty to use some creativity for different areas, but trying to ground it all with concepts that sound rational.

-Thanks in advance

-Tig, the "Wow! Im in space!" cat.

Tigeress
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryu-Kazuki on Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:20 pm

I'll recap and search through my Logbook for U-Mos, (I should have it, I usually get near 100% everything, while I go on scan spamming sprees), I just want to clarify, you want your luminoth to become a hunter? (Just wondering)

Now, if you think though, (from the manga) Chozo can adapt to power suits, for they, (and Mother Brain), created Samus'. Plus their 'primitive' technology still utilizes energy beams and weaponry (don't be surprised, Grey Voice had tech that was before Mother, and it still used beam tech), so your weapon shouldn't be too much a problem. A little research wouldn't hurt though.

The downfall to the Chozo was their mentsl guard which harmed them when they tried to hard another being. (Thus damaging Grey Voice greatly), though I doubt the Luminoth have that problem.

Ryu-Kazuki
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tigeress on Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:25 am

Yeah, the odd thing in the Metroid series is that the Luminoth were one of the few that you actually meet who had knowledge transfer to the Chozo, actually meeting them at some point and exchanging ideas. They stand out also in the manner that out of most of the inhabitants of worlds, they were quite formidable militarily. (My own opinion on why they lost the war to the Ing was that they had lost much of the need to become warriors when they had their own planet, as well as every great innovative strategy failed them, such as building machines which handed the Ing a lot of power, and their bases could be easily accessed as the Ing seem to be able to form anywhere, if they needed to.)

Weapon choice wise it shouldn't be a problem, but they also mention blades in one of the Luminoth reports. A ending line was something like "I have not but blade and fist to greet them" stressing that melee combat is a huge feature, in my own thoughts especially due to the size of the creatures. There is little evidence but it does simply suggest that and thus a area that i get to play with :) Mostly simple weaponry, as I plan on making the character powerful, rather than relying on technology.

As for the chars role, Im definitely considering Hunter, or at least a character of a some similar relation. Ideally it'd have to be a character who has been able to retain much of the Luminoth war spirit, yet not get involved within the planets rebuilding efforts, or feels compelled. A few ideas I have thought of is exile, or perhaps former space pirate captive. A more unique idea was having her still partially "infected" with the Ing's taint (Luminoth at a few scenes seem to convert light, while this character would do both light and dark) Again, the possibilities are endless. Was also considering the possibility of U-Mos's child, but it seemed to be a tacky idea.

Tigeress
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryu-Kazuki on Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:32 am

I don't think having a POW would be too bad. Now, let's not step nar U-Mos' daughter, we don't want to get sued, haha... Regardless, I see no problems whatsoever, but I say as a safe bet to add in some slight pyschic powers, as the hunters all have natural abilities, or so what we've seen of them in Prime Hunters and Prime 3...

Ryu-Kazuki
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!