Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

As minstrel's, we Bleed; The rise of the Bazark.

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

As minstrel's, we Bleed; The rise of the Bazark.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Black Halo on Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:58 pm

ooc/ This is an idea I had.. Also my first Rp to be posted. Ever. The plot isn't put together very well but, I think you'll all get the idea. Just throwing that out there before anyone thinks I'm a major dork xD

[center]In this world, it was believed that the Goddess, the creater, sang songs and played instruments which gave life. For thousands of years, minstrel's were sacred, and the holy. Lively minuets were performed before battles, and the warrior's believed they gained stregnth and vitality from these songs. At the time of someone's death, elegies were performed throughout the service, to put the soul at rest. In churches, the priests and priestesses were trained in the ways of the bard. Of course, you can't exactly just become such a class. There were both light and dark arts within songs. It was said, that a skillfully trained minstrel could possibly raise the dead. Of course, no one dared try this..

It was only 50 years ago, the two nations, Su'Tana(Zoo-taun-uh), and Crotia(Crow-shee-uh), had founded a third nation, Bostu. After hundreds of years, of war, the nations had finally made peace with one another. Both races, from both nations marched to the new land, with the minstrel's playing tunes, and singing songs of victory and peace. Of course, the excitment didn't last long. Bazark, a nation of unholy beasts attacked the night of the celebration. The leader of the Bazark had risen from the Ashes. Long ago he was defeated once, but how could he have been brought back? Minstrel's were blamed. The leader was defeated once more and the Bazark retreated, and minstrel's were banned. For 50 years the world went without song, and had turned into a somewhat gloomy place. Bostu was turned into a safehold, and the two major nations began a conflict once again. But, the Bazark seem to be returning, and there's talk of the works of the Bazarkian leader. Who could have brought him back? And what was to happen with the world already at war? One young minstrel was born, and her skill had been kept a secret. She herself seeks the help of others, and hopefully, maybe, nother minstrels to seek out the Bazarkian leader, and put him back in his tomb once and forall

So that's the idea. PM me if you'd like to join, I have 8 slots to be filled.
    1. Black Halo
    2. Falseglory
    3. Proclaimer
    4. Himros

Nations and races:
Su'Tana: The elvaan type races founded this nation. They are more skilled in melee, rather than magic, though some did practice light and dark arts. Any race of elvaan can be from here, and also maybe a few misfit humans. This is a large nation, west of the world. The villages lay south of the mountains within the forests, while the Capitol lay in a large valley.
Crotia: Humans inhabit Crotia. Humans seem to have taken up magic, though many still take up melee arts. This nation is also large, eastern of the world. The capitol lay by the sea.

it's all kind of a mix, but there are different classes. Warrior's, Paladins, Black or white mages, etc. yes, there can be other bards! Infact, I'd like atleast one or two others.

Rules:
All the same ones apply: no god-moding, yadda yadda. I'm sure you already know. I trust you guys so i wont worry about it much.

anyway! I'll post my introduction when I get some members =]

-Edit- Go me, I forgot to add the character sheet.

Name:
- Light/Dark magic/arts
-melee
- weapons
- etc
Nation:
- Subcity(Do you live in a villege or town, or the capitol?)
Appearence:(text, please)
Personality:
Bio:
Twist/extra:(Anything you'd like to add to the roleplay or about your character)
Last edited by Black Halo on Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
http://returnofwyrmqueen.deviantart.com/

My DA account ^^ It's mainly sketches of my characters. It's very new so not many are on there, but i'll be adding new pictures as often as I can. Check them out and tell me what you think =]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Black Halo
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: As minstrel's, we Bleed; The rise of the Bazark.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Falseglory on Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:39 pm

Name:Xertul(Zair-tool)
Class:Rogue, Ranger, Black Mage.Weapons are-Dual scimitars, Longbow, and a hunting knife.
Nation:Su'Tana
- Subcity(City)Wulvmire(a city of very shady people.)
Appearence:Has long black hair(about a little past bottom of neck,)has ebony skin(not brown, but piano black
)and is 6'0. He is slender, and agile, he wears a cloak with the hood pulled up. His eyes are Dark red(from a dark magic accident) and his skin has scars all over. The only one visible is a scar going across his left eye.
Personality:Silent as a stone, but as great knowledge of mant things, and often times he'll give people this knowledge.
Bio:When he was just a baby, he was left for dead by his hometown for having ebony skin. A kind mountain man raised him until he was 18, then he set off. Wherever he went, he was shunned, until he went to Wulvmire, were everyone is an outcast.
Twist/extra:Skilled in lockpicking, pickpocketing, marsmanship, stealth,and survival.
I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question.
Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?
'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.'
'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.'
'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.'
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock-

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Falseglory
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Black Halo on Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:48 pm

ooc/ Kinda wanted it in a PM o.o; But since no one's really taken a part, that's fine.. >.> I'll post my intro shortly. Also, welcome =]

Black Halo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:51 pm

Name: Bernabus
Class:Cleric
- Light Magic
- Healer
- Offensive and Defensive Magic
- Carries a Staff/Wand, that looks similar to a Cross at the top
- Can Create a Sword From Light Magic (Called Gods Gift)
Nation: Crotia
- Capital City
Appearance: He has a lush mix of Orange, to Red Hair. Very hard to tell, it just lays down very neatly, but stylish. A small point to the end of it as it hangs to his left, shrouding half of his face. His eyes are white and pale, almost surprisingly a purple color. His skin is tanned, but not a lot. A light brown color, very delicious, like a light Mocha. His pants are Gray, with what seems knee pad figures at his knee, having lining of gold running up his leg. His shoes are the same way, gray with a hint of gold. His shirt is orange, with gold down the middle and sides. And it opens up at the bottom, to both sides, revealing his pants and his belt buckle. His Collar covers his entire neck, and robes down to his shoulder, under that it comes back out again to a cape, down to his feet.
Personality: He is a bit crazy to most, a lunatic. Though not as crazy as to go off and kill someone, but he is just nutty. At the same time uptight and morose, always very serious and straight forward. His personalities are split, like two. Though most don't realize this until they really get to know him.
Bio: TBA
Other:

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Black Halo on Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:12 pm

Name: Elodi
Class: Bard
- Light and dark magic arts
- No weapon.
Nation: Crotia
- Capitol
Appearence: Short, only 5'3 about. Her hair is a dark auburn, and reaches about to her lower back. Fair, clear skin, and pale blue eye's. A black sleevelvess corsette that left her stomach free, with a long sleeved black jacket. The sleeves were wide at the ends, and tied with a black lace above her elboes. A black skirt that hugged her waiste, but widened as it reached to her ankles. She wore several necklaces, and belts, with charms on them. Her flute by her side, always.
Personality: Quiet, yet stubborn. Overall a kind person, but she has her moments.
Bio: Growing up in the Capitol of Crotia with her parents, Elodi had grown quiet and cold, with the influence of society. Of course, she was born with the gift of the Minstrel, but had to keep it quiet. Just a year ago she had moved with her parents to the outter lands, where her grandmother schooled her in music, and what kind of pwoer she had. Disease claimed her family, and now, with the Bazarkian's on the rise, she sets herself to travel, and find the Empire.
------------------------------

A quick sigh escaped Elodi as she stared off into the small field, and forests just beyond the window. The land was untouched by most people, so overall, the area was very peacefull. This morning, she had heard talk about Bazark's near the area. She glanced around the room. "I think I've got everything.." she muttered to herself, hoisting the strap of a bag upon her shoulder. It was smell but held what she needed. She touched her side, and felt the long instrument attatched to a belt. She nodded, looking once more, and made her way outside. Her goal wasto get to Bostu in under two days. She would have to even'tually make her way to Su'Tana, and on from there. She let out yet another sigh as she made her way down the dusty, dirt road..

Black Halo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Himros on Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:26 am

Name: Sabard
Class: Bard (Vocalist)
- Light and Dark magic arts (specializes in the darker half)
- Small daggers (throwing)
- etc
Nation: Su'Tana
- Subcity N/A Wanderer currentl outside the Crotia Capitol
Appearence: About 5'11 weighing 110 SHort auburn hair is half spiked, Amethyst colored eye's are a rarity even among the people of su'tana who pride themselves on diversity Wearing a a custom created black padded leather with a dark crimson cloak. Anog the folds of his armor and cloak are his daggers hidden along with a crude lute.
Personality: A trickster, Not to be completely trusted but a worthy companion
Bio:Growing up in a small town near the border of Su'Tana and Crotia He ran away with a troupe of performers after his parents tried to supress his 'gift' he found solace and hiding alongside room to practice with his new family, he is also an accomplished acrobat, pickpocket and magician.
extra: Having the time and shelter to practice he commands a lot of power over his music,with a proper instrument he would be an asset to anyone

Himros
Member for 17 years
Conversationalist

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!