Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Mirrors - Round Robin Style

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Mirrors - Round Robin Style

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SunDae on Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:12 pm

This type of thing is normally hard to operate, but this one has a twist.

Basically, it starts out with a normal character. Maybe they're combing their hair. Maybe they're brushing their teeth. Thing is, they're in front of a mirror. The post starts and ends with their character looking into a mirror, or any reflective surface. The next poster picks up from a mirror, not necessarily the same one, not necessarily even in the same world! This is more of a creative boiling pot than anything; you can use a specific character, describe a scene you've always wanted to write about, anything. It just has to involve mirrors. Be as creative as you want. Characters can even meet up and you can expand on a previous person's mirror experience. It's for bouncing ideas, getting the juices flowing, and overall just writing for practice. Anyone can join in, but any post that does not start and end with a mirror will be disregarded.

Any interest?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SunDae
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: Mirrors - Round Robin Style

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anna Molly on Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:24 pm

This sounds interesting. I'd give it a try.

So, we would be able to switch characters?
I'm sorry young man,
I cannot be your friend.
I don't believe in a fairytale end.
I don't keep my head up all of the time.
I find it dull when my heart meets my mind.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Anna Molly
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SunDae on Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:28 pm

In which way?

You can take up any previous characters that have been written about, you can switch characters in your post (any of your characters can look into the mirror at the end), and in any given post you can write about a completely different character than before.

Thing is, I'm new to this forum; is this the kind of place I can trust that random people won't post nonsense?

SunDae
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rincewind on Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:34 pm

EDIT:Little sister,hate her.

I would be interested in this.
"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in the world; of these heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared."

Rincewind
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rincewind on Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:07 pm

So have you given up on this Sun?

Rincewind
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!