Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

(Modern/Fantasy) Interest Check Redux

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

(Modern/Fantasy) Interest Check Redux

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ObsidianDreams on Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:15 pm

I'm checking for interest in a Modern/Fantasy roleplay that is slightly guided. By "Modern/Fantasy" I mean it begins in recent settings, and at one point, will branch more into the fantasy world.

Slightly guided means certain events are bound to happen, and I may take a moment to describe a setting or room or whatnot... but for the most part, the story is told by us, the characters.

If I had to sum it up, it would go something like this:

"There is a gate connecting two worlds, or that's what our History Teacher said. Nobody took him very seriously, since he's older than dirt. But when he had a seizure during class one day and started talking about this gate, and the world on the other end in more detail... I guess some of us got a little curious. Turns out there's a lot of things we should have been listening to more carefully... and if we don't help fix things now? Both of our worlds are going to be in big trouble."

I'm not saying when that comes up, but that's a bit of the plot.

Just let me know if you might be interested. If there's interest, I'll start up an OOC thread to get the basics down.

The modern world (where the role play begins) is much like our own. It's a science-driven world, where there is little thought for myths, legends, and fairy-tales. Most fairy-tales consist of a boogeyman, or a monster under the bed. Things I'm sure we are all very much acquainted with in some way or another. It's a flourishing world, with large cities, skyscrapers, modest towns. In some areas, more set away from the rest of the huge places, are smaller towns that, while they accept the science of the world, choose to base their lives around the "Old Ways." (Geographically, it's pretty much Earth. Heh.)

The fantasy world is very much a magic driven world. They acknowledge that everything in their world once never existed, and that they were brought into life and being by the will of the Yarrane, a pantheon of deities tasked with the creation of worlds and their inhabitants. Each race among the world has certain major members of the Yarrane that they worship, but all pray and rejoice under the various statues and memorials of Aliame, The Child Mother. There are multitudes of races in this world, though the histories speak of a time where only four existed, and the great shame that hovers over one race in their acts of demolishing another race. Their histories also speak of a malevolent deity who continues to work her tricks through the kin she left on their world, creating beasts of the races that began there, and summoning in a darker time... an eternal end. (Think of an Earth that was never really touched by present mankind. This world contains some of the most lush grass, clearest skies, and water so clear you can see beneath it almost as if it was air (up to a certain point, of course... ah, Hawaii... hee!). The forests are thick, and very, very old. If anything, the mountains seem to be the only thing that changes the way it looks, as the Gyunor (dwarves) enjoy continuing the work of their Teacher. Most other races live in complete harmony with the land itself, though a barren copse lays around one area... the only expansive ruins found on this verdant world.)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ObsidianDreams
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: (Modern/Fantasy) Interest Check Redux

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ObsidianDreams on Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:24 pm

(Copy paste bites. I'll be fixing this to make it a bit more readable and enjoyable. I'm frustrated at losing my first post through a post time-out. *grumps*)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ObsidianDreams
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pannytheangel on Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:26 pm

Dude, once college gives me my soul back, I am SO in. :'D!

pannytheangel
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ObsidianDreams on Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:14 pm

pannytheangel wrote:Dude, once college gives me my soul back, I am SO in. :'D!

Ah yes, the great soul sucker that is college! (Good luck!)

ObsidianDreams
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HeavensReject on Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:50 pm

pannytheangel wrote:Dude, once college gives me my soul back, I am SO in. :'D!

okay...I have to admit that that is THE BEST comment I have ever read but it's not the main reason for this post

main reason is to say that this sounds fairly interesting and I'm looking forward to the OOC
I've fallen so many times that I've forgotten how to get back up...

HeavensReject
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby the fox without on Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:33 am

You can count me in, been out of the roleplaying scene for awhile due to my computer breaking down, but I'm finally back, and I plan on joining if you'll have me
"Paraniod.Probably. But just because you can't see the invisible demon about to bite your face off, doesn't mean its not there."-Harry Dresden

the fox without
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ObsidianDreams on Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:36 am

Let's see if we can get just a coooouple more interested. Regardless, I'll work on the OOC bit and get it spruced up better than it was last time.

With a little luck, we'll have a fairly broad cast of characters!

ObsidianDreams
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angelyte on Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:31 am

I am interested in this! :) may i join? I would love to...
i am still new and inexperienced though, so you will have to help me improve.. :)
I would also love it if i'm allowed to use the character Zola, whom i've already created.. she would have to be from the fantasy world because she can use magic. she doesn't know much about her origins, so maybe there could be a twist where she was actually born in the human world?
I dunno, it's just a random idea :)
if you want to check my character out, i have the link on my signature.

and if you don't like my character, then i would be happy to create a new character... once my school work settles down a bit and stop drowning me :)
thanks

Angelyte
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby the fox without on Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:49 pm

ok I got good news and bad news

Bad news, I was changed to 2nd shift at my job, so monday through thursday, I'll be worrking 4pm to 2 am, so I might not be on when yall are.

Good news, I will focusing my attention on this on role play, unlike when I used to be in 5 at a time, so I have a good chance of atleast keeping my posts up to date.

I the times are a problem, tell me so I don't cause any problems in the rp.

the fox without
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ObsidianDreams on Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:57 pm

@Angelyte - I'm very tolerant of new roleplayers, so don't be afraid! Or intimidated. >.> I'm not sure how Zola would fit in the world, but we can certainly work her a bit to see if we could get a fit. I'm flexible like that.

@the fox without - The way I generally do posts is in an order that makes it possible for everyone to have a turn so nobody gets left behind. So while you wouldn't be able to say anything during the night, it'd certainly be possible for you to post when you *do* have a moment, and you wouldn't be holding anything up.

ObsidianDreams
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angelyte on Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:40 pm

Thank you, ObsidianDreams! :)

but, unfortunately, i do not think i can join in this rp anymore... i am extremely busy at the moment with school work, assessments, exams etc. and i already have a couple of role plays now rolling and going...
sorry, maybe next time.... i would love to join when i am more experienced and learn how to handle many role plays at once :)

thanks, it was really interesting to see this idea. I hope you all have fun! i might check in some time in the future and see how the story unfolded! I'd be really interested to know.

Angelyte
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!