Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Modern Fantasy Interest Check

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Modern Fantasy Interest Check

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jazira on Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:35 am

A girl grew up with a semi-mental condition – she constantly has hallucinations, which certain medication subdues. This caused a lot of ridicule during the first years of school, especially since everyone thought she was making it up to get attention.

For the past few years however, she has learned how to control her fears/hysteria (which some times causes the hallucinations) and the hallucinations themselves. Everything is normal during those years, a normal she had never really known.

Suddenly, her world tips sideways when she learns that a strange family (werewolves / lycans, though she doesn't know that) moves into the house she was planning to buy after she graduated. Her hallucinations return, except they’re much worse than before, yet vastly different. It's become much harder for her to control, or even realize, when a hallucination takes place. She begins doubting whether what she’s seeing is really her imagination when one of boys in the new family constantly changes into a (were) wolf in front of her.

The house that’s bought by the lycans is a very large (3 story) house that’s been for sale for at least 10 years. The property includes a forest that many of the kids (including high schoolers) tend to stay away from. There are rumors that the forest is haunted and kids had been killed there many years ago.

Plot / Setting: I haven’t gotten an actual plot yet so any suggestions would be nice. As for the setting, it’s a small to middle sized town, with no real tall buildings. Current year (2009-2010) Somewhere in the mid to northern US, where it’s not too hot in the summer, nor too cold in the winter XD - Droughts are uncommon and there really aren't any bad snow storms in the winter. This can be discussed, as well.

Other:
Should I go ahead and give the real story of what happened and what will happen? What other information should I add? I can make a small area map of where the school and some of the housing district is, but don’t expect anything fancy.

Basically, anything goes for the plot, just don't kill off any one's character without permission, and all the other standard RP rules.
~ Jazzy

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jazira
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Modern Fantasy Interest Check

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyghtfang on Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:14 am

I'm in Jazi. ^-^ A map would be nice. Mabey PM the actual story to those who want to know it, like me.
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nyghtfang
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jazira on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:03 am

Alright. I'll provide them a bit later today.

All other fantasy creatures are allowed : Vampires, magic, fairies... As long as they can hide in the normal world.

Werewolves a bit different than normal – not like Twilights. They can change when they want to, but the wolf form isn’t as big a horse. They’re just normal sized wolves. They can also choose to go in between forms – have the look and fur of a wolf, but standing up right.

Character Sheet :

Name :
Appearance :
Bio :
Good / Bad / Neutral

Jazira
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord-of-Stone on Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:13 pm

im very interested, especially since i can have magical creatures... seeing how i have no "normal" characters. I will use a powerful one, but he looks like an old man, so all should be fine. If you don't want him in tell me. and i would like to be PMed the story if thats wut your doing.

Name: Mazza

Powers: He controls the element of light with extreme efficiency. He can make it appear or make it disappear. thousands of years ago he absorbed the heart of light on his planet, this killed off his entire race but he gained ultimate power.

Species: Leebineese(jazira, you know this race :D)

Appearance: well, when he is in his human form, he is about 5 feet 10 inches tall. he looks like an old man, about the age of 80. He wears a cloaked robe. Underneath he has Leebineese armor created to look like clothing. (if you want a picture giving a basic look, please ask and i shall give one) When not in human form, he will be in his avatar form, this is made of Pure Light, generated by the heart of light itself. In this form he almost never tires and his light becomes so hot, he can control fire. He is almost never in this form as the light that is emitted could light a square mile of land and that would arouse suspicion.

Bio: Almost 3000 years ago, Mazza gained power on Leeby using cut-throat tactics and blackmail. Threats of death also did wonders. Once he gained more power he used that power to start wars with neighboring species. During the resulting chaos and war he gained the position of High Emperor of Leeby. Once he was High Emperor he declared war on the nearby Empire Of Abyssika, also known as the Darkan Empire. The war lasted for over 1500 years until the Leebineese created a treaty with the Darkan. After the treaty was formed Mazza attacked the Darkan in a surprise attack resulting in the fall of Abyssika, the home planet of the Darkan, and that truly ended the war. To his dismay, the crown prince of Abyssika survived and formed an underground rebellion force, eventually regaining Abyssika after 500 years of conflict. The Darkan rallied around their prince and they attacked the Leebineese when they were weak. In order to survive Mazza took the heart of light, the symbol of power on Leeby and absorbed it into his body. This caused a meltdown of everything his species used, and ended the lifeforce of the Leebineese, who were dependent on the heart for survival. Mazza killed off his entire race to gain ultimate power and survive the Darkan onslaught. Eventually he ran to Earth, where he has lived quietly for 500 years, changing his appearance every so often as to not arouse suspicion.

Good/bad/neutral: Extremely evil, basically, if you give him chance, he WILL kill you.
“A single rose can be my garden...a single friend, my world."
~Leo F. Buscaglia

Lord-of-Stone
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jazira on Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:01 am

Well, there is no actually story. I don't have a plot for it, but feel free to add ideas. Maybe the wolves and vamps could fight over a bit of territory in the forest? Like the vamps would probably want the cave system there.

Question : Do you want the vamps to be allowed out in daylight? And what about hybrids?

Name : Rebecca Dowell (feel free to use nicknames)

Powers / Species : Human. She has been diagnosed as having hallucinations, but they sometimes allow her to see the true appearance or abilities of a person.

Appearance : She’s short, about 5’3, and skinny but not anorexic. She has wavy dark brown hair that falls just below her shoulders with bangs cut evenly over her almond shaped light brown eyes. She has a tan complexion, and very few freckles scattered across her cheek bones. She normally wears sneakers, jeans, and either a long sleeved shirt or a t-shirt with a light jacket.

Bio : She likes to be alone, and often takes walks in the woods. In the ten or twelve years she’s been walking/exploring those woods, she’s never seen an animal larger than a squirrel or bird – no wolves, foxes, snakes or others. She’s also explored a bit of the cave system near the waterfall and discovered a tunnel that leads from behind the waterfall to another room with a pool leading out to the pond through yet another tunnel. There are usually no bats in these caves, though every once in a while, she’ll see them flying around outside. She’s never explored these places at night due to her father. She’s only afraid of certain spiders, and they’re the ones that get her in trouble, mostly at school. (hallucinations)

She’s generally good natured, but she has learned to have a quick tongue with some of the students in school. It seems to help sometimes, especially when the other students can’t come up with a quick enough retort to her. The students mostly think she’s crazy, but her friend (s) know that she’s not.

Good / Bad / Neutral : Good

Name : Vincent LaCouren

Species / Powers : Vampire

Appearance : He stands to about 6’2, with a lean yet slightly muscular body. He has a pale complexion, but it’s not very noticeable. He has dark green eyes with short black hair. He generally wears a black leather jacket with a t-shirt, jeans and sneakers.

Bio : none yet.

Good / Bad : Neutral for now

The light blue square by itself is the mansion, and the dark blue square is Becca's house.

Jazira
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord-of-Stone on Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:39 pm

not good at maps... how do i draw on it, and what is happening with this?

Lord-of-Stone
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:53 pm

I suggest renaming the thread as to avoid confusion. Its not particularly modern fantasy (more so just another vampire/werewolf RP).

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jazira on Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:38 am

I can't edit the original post at this time. Should I create another thread with a more appropriate name?

Jazira
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!